PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Trump gets ejected from the Republican Party

robertwerden
07-18-2015, 05:02 PM
The powers that be are scared of him. He is catching fire even though he is not in lock step with the party.
Mark my words, he gets ejected.

Ronin Truth
07-18-2015, 05:07 PM
The powers that be are scared of him. He is catching fire even though he is not in lock step with the party.

The GOP had better be careful or Trump may just go buy the whole shebang and then eject whoever he wants or chooses. And then just give himself the GOP POTUS nomination.

LMAO!

hells_unicorn
07-18-2015, 05:14 PM

Considering how much support he's getting in the GOP, they'll probably kill their presidential ambitions if they do this, assuming of course that they have any. I think it's very possible that he will end up fizzling out on his own at some point, and if the Republican establishment is smart (okay, they aren't), they'll just let him have his fun and coalesce behind someone else. If Trump loses fairly, his supporters won't feel as alienated.

P.S. - I am not supporting Trump in the primary, just to be clear, just giving my opinion on the subject of this thread.

Tywysog Cymru
07-18-2015, 05:27 PM
They never ejected Ron Paul, so I doubt they'll eject Trump.

William R
07-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Never happen. If they did Trump would run 3rd party

puppetmaster
07-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Never happen. If they did Trump would run 3rd party and you think the GOP cares? Nope, corruption wins no matter as long as we stay divided

kahless
07-18-2015, 06:24 PM

I was thinking about this earlier, you can almost see it coming. The Republican establishment could care less if he ran 3rd party and splitting the Republican vote. They would be just as happy giving this cycle to someone that more closely matches their true beliefs - Hillary Clinton.

07-18-2015, 06:50 PM
I would be ok with this. He's not catching fire, he's catching all the mouth breathers.

mrsat_98
07-18-2015, 06:51 PM
In the end Trump will get what he wants.

RDM
07-18-2015, 06:53 PM
I was thinking about this earlier, you can almost see it coming. The Republican establishment could care less if he ran 3rd party and splitting the Republican vote. They would be just as happy giving this cycle to someone that more closely matches their true beliefs - Hillary Clinton.

I do believe this is the scenario that Trump and Hillary have schemed up. Trump and Hillary are going to use the Perot playbook. They figure it worked for Bill, why not Hillary? I have to say this election is beginning to look like 3 card Monty.

cindy25
07-18-2015, 06:56 PM
They never ejected Ron Paul, so I doubt they'll eject Trump.

they can't eject him from the party, but they can keep him out of the debates. they did do that to Ron.

Jan2017
07-18-2015, 07:06 PM
"The RNC by law cannot remove anyone from a debate, nor can it insert anyone into a debate," says Sean Spicer,
the party's chief strategist and spokesman, who has served as the liaison between the RNC and the networks.
Because debates serve as a major promotional platform for campaigns, any attempt—by a political party or a network—
to ban a particular candidate from participating could have severe legal consequences.
It would amount, Spicer said, to a "coordinated expenditure" that promotes one candidate over another, a violation of campaign finance rules.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-elections/why-republicans-can-t-kick-donald-trump-out-of-their-debates-20150708

The RNC is free to suggest qualification criteria for the debates—
. . . and if a candidate qualifies, nothing can be done to exclude him or her.

07-18-2015, 07:33 PM
I do believe this is the scenario that Trump and Hillary have schemed up. Trump and Hillary are going to use the Perot playbook. They figure it worked for Bill, why not Hillary? I have to say this election is beginning to look like 3 card Monty.

I think this is a possibility. The Clintons and Trump have been close in the past. His behavior is too over the top to be real.

jkob
07-18-2015, 07:43 PM
If Trump running third party is inevitable Rand needs to go full libertarian because the only chance to win will be to build a new coalition of crossover voters.

GunnyFreedom
07-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Not possible. There is no rule that allows the GOP to expel a member from the party. In order to create one, they would have to do so at the RNC Convention, which would be too late for Trump in any case. Even if 99.999% of all Republicans wanted Trump expelled from the party, there is no process to permit such an action.

07-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Not possible. There is no rule that allows the GOP to expel a member from the party. In order to create one, they would have to do so at the RNC Convention, which would be too late for Trump in any case. Even if 99.999% of all Republicans wanted Trump expelled from the party, there is no process to permit such an action.

That's probably right, but there has to be some rule that they could use to prevent him from participating in the debates if his public statements continue to go way off the reservation.

jj-
07-18-2015, 08:38 PM
That's probably right, but there has to be some rule that they could use to prevent him from participating in the debates if his public statements continue to go way off the reservation.

I don't think it's possible. I don't think he will be able to come up with such statements, because he already made a lot that people think are outrageous. Can you imagine an example?

Krugminator2
07-18-2015, 09:44 PM
He won't get ejected but his life will get very uncomfortable. I would say there is a less than 5% chance he makes it to the Iowa Caucus. This isn't a real run. Politics is brutal. If he becomes a big enough distraction, he is going to get the screws taken to him and he knows it. He will ruin all those relationships he has built and he will hurt his finances.

Dianne
07-18-2015, 09:53 PM

It would have to be a technicality of some sort .... possibly problem with filing with Election Commission ... incomplete tax return submissions... something like that. Otherwise, they can't expel him as far as I know.

fr33
07-18-2015, 10:36 PM
This shit is all just for show. I can't believe people here fall for this trump crap. :rolleyes:

cindy25
07-19-2015, 02:04 AM
If Trump running third party is inevitable Rand needs to go full libertarian because the only chance to win will be to build a new coalition of crossover voters.

if Trump runs 3rd party a Libertarian 4th party is very viable. states could be won with only 30%

Warlord
07-19-2015, 05:30 AM
Trump! make America great again!

Sola_Fide
07-19-2015, 06:28 AM
This shit is all just for show. I can't believe people here fall for this trump crap. :rolleyes:

It amazes me that people here even talk about that clown.

07-19-2015, 06:37 AM
I don't think it's possible. I don't think he will be able to come up with such statements, because he already made a lot that people think are outrageous. Can you imagine an example?

He seems to be one step away from calling for death to Mexicans.

He is going to go over the edge and end his "campaign" soon enough.

Ronin Truth
07-19-2015, 07:45 AM
and you think the GOP cares? Nope, corruption wins no matter as long as we stay divided

And being people, probably even after then. :D

FloralScent
07-19-2015, 08:00 AM
His behavior is too over the top to be real.

It's all very WWE minus the folding chairs.

Jackie Moon
07-19-2015, 03:41 PM
He won't get ejected but his life will get very uncomfortable. I would say there is a less than 5% chance he makes it to the Iowa Caucus. This isn't a real run. Politics is brutal. If he becomes a big enough distraction, he is going to get the screws taken to him and he knows it. He will ruin all those relationships he has built and he will hurt his finances.

He seems to be one step away from calling for death to Mexicans.

He is going to go over the edge and end his "campaign" soon enough.

Agree.

I've always thought he will either voluntarily step out early, or have an epic and entertaining implosion eventually.