PDA

View Full Version : Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

RonPaulFanInGA
07-18-2015, 11:21 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html

Donald Trump might finally have crossed the line.

Appearing on Saturday at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul took his running feud with Arizona Sen. John McCain to a new level.

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Foreigner
07-18-2015, 11:41 AM
A new lowpoint from Trump.

There are 10.000 things you can attack McCain for, and this is the one you don't. He got shot down, for crying out loud. Should he have committed suicide when he landed!? I'd like to see which wars Trump has fought...

alucard13mm
07-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Lol... trump is such a troll and looks like one too. It may be true with mccain not being a war hero.. since there are peoplr saying he divulge info to the viets and did propaganda videos. Not to mention he got off easy for the incident on the carrier he was on.

Sola_Fide
07-18-2015, 11:42 AM
That was pretty tasteless. Trump is a clown.

hells_unicorn
07-18-2015, 11:45 AM
You know, eventually somebody had to say this. McCain has been using his torture experiences as a crutch to justify a lot of really bad political policies that have been hurting this country. I'm not sure if this is going to hurt Donald Trump politically or not, and frankly I'm not really one to care since I'm backing Rand Paul. However, if for some reason Trump gets nominated ( I don't think it will happen ), I'll probably vote for him rather than going 3rd party, despite my huge reservations about some of his viewpoints.

P.S. - If Trump is able to end McCain's career in the Senate, he will have earned my admiration.

William Tell
07-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Goodbye, Trump.

kahless
07-18-2015, 12:34 PM
McCain has gotten a free pass because of his service for too long. It is one thing to praise him as a private citizen for his service it is another to let him wreck the country through legislation without question because of it.

tod evans
07-18-2015, 12:37 PM
McCain came out of the POW camp in better shape than 99% of the prisoners, there's a reason for that.

Fuck McCain!

hells_unicorn
07-18-2015, 12:45 PM
McCain came out of the POW camp in better shape than 99% of the prisoners, there's a reason for that.

Fuck McCain!

I don't think I can recall any other POWs milking their experiences for political gain the way McCain has. I have my problems with Trump, but I don't think I can really fault him for stating the obvious. Again, I don't know how badly this will actually hurt Trump in the short-term since his support is coming entirely from people who hate McCain, but long-term this might be a problem with the idiotic "moderate" crowd who think politics is all about hugs, kisses and just going along to get along.

William Tell
07-18-2015, 12:46 PM

Fuck McCain! But Trump decided to not even go there, he just attacked him for being captured. All else aside, Trump made the most politically stupid comment imaginable. The only thing worse along these lines would have been if he said he liked soldiers who don't get killed.

AuH20
07-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Why didn't Trump hit McCain on selling out the POWs?

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Oooh, that is NOT going to go over well. The Trump ride was fun while it lasted, I guess.

staerker
07-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Trump talks 10% policy, and 90% ad hominem.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-18-2015, 12:58 PM
Does Trump even HAVE a campaign manager? I thought his shoot-from-the-hip style would eventually be his undoing in the race, but I didn't think it would come so soon...

libertyplz
07-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Yikes... that was pretty tasteless on Trumps part. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd feel someone crossed the line while attacking McCain but sure enough...

Not even that it's towards McCain, as he is a pos, but Trump made it a blanket statement that could be directed at anybody thats been captured.

Huge error on Trump's part.

I agree with his sentiment towards McCain, but he made his statement way too broad

erowe1
07-18-2015, 01:26 PM
He's just being a caricature of himself. The people who liked him before this will gobble this right up too.

EBounding
07-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Does Trump even HAVE a campaign manager? I thought his shoot-from-the-hip style would eventually be his undoing in the race, but I didn't think it would come so soon...

Trump wants to be president, but he doesn't care if he loses either. So he's going to do it his way. He's getting older so what does he have to lose?

Sola_Fide
07-18-2015, 01:28 PM
But Trump decided to not even go there, he just attacked him for being captured.

True. He didn't attack McCain for anything that we would want him to be attacked with.

CPUd
07-18-2015, 01:36 PM
LOL this is front page everywhere.

jct74
07-18-2015, 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrMW2TcaOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrMW2TcaOI

SovereignMN
07-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Trump doubles down. Don't have a problem with what he said. People are too sensitive.

heavenlyboy34
07-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Ever seen "Wag The Dog"? Every election cycle reminds me of it. This one especially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNo0BicRM8k&spfreload=10

07-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Trump needs to just go away. He is making a mockery of the potus race. Just stop reporting on him and stop talking about him already. The guy is making jokers like Hermain Cain last time look legitimate.

luctor-et-emergo
07-18-2015, 04:47 PM
This is just ridiculous. There are a gazillion things to criticize Mccain for but being a POW isn't one of them.

The fact that he says these things isn't amazing, the fact that people seem to like what he's saying is stunning though. Kind of sad, if that's what were up against.

erowe1
07-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Trump needs to just go away. He is making a mockery of the potus race.

Making a mockery of the POTUS race is a good thing.

P3ter_Griffin
07-18-2015, 04:57 PM
I guess, it wasn't because Barry Sanders was getting tackled all the time that I liked him.

hells_unicorn
07-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Trump doubles down. Don't have a problem with what he said. People are too sensitive.

Honestly, I don't think this is going to hurt Trump that bad. Most hardliner GOP types that I know (including my own father) absolutely hate McCain and love this stuff. I don't think Trump is going to get nominated because as retarded as I think the general electorate actually is, I don't think enough of them go for this stuff to put him over the top, but I'm guessing that Trump is going to be around, causing havoc for a bit longer, and I actually consider this a blessing because the Neo-cons are too busy throwing a fit over Trump's hyperbole to really pay attention to Rand, who will be making inroads with the more "reasonable" folks.

randomname
07-18-2015, 05:06 PM
this was just douchey and mean, probably Trump's first major gaffe

Conservative Warrior
07-18-2015, 05:14 PM
He's just being a caricature of himself. The people who liked him before this will gobble this right up too.

gobble gobble...:p

navy-vet
07-18-2015, 05:40 PM
I am no fan of either of these guys. Especially Trump, mainly because of his lack of respect for individual property rights as was evidenced by his use of eminent domain to acquire properties in New Jersey some years ago. McCain, was no coward, at least not prior to his being shot down over North Viet Nam. It took courage to fly over that particular piece of real estate too. The heavy anti-aircraft batteries and the surface to air missiles were brutal and if they didn't blow you apart or roast you alive, it was well known that an even more horrible fate awaited you once the NVA gooks got their greasy little hands on you . As for the fire, on the aircraft carrier Forrestal, that Zuni rocket misfire came from a bird opposite his, and very nearly struck him head on. And, finally, unless one has been in captivity and tortured to the point of having both shoulder rotator cuffs torn apart, they should at least give the guy the benefit of a doubt.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

navy-vet
07-18-2015, 05:42 PM
I am no fan of either of these guys. Especially Trump, mainly because of his lack of respect for individual property rights as was evidenced by his use of eminent domain to acquire properties in New Jersey some years ago. McCain, was no coward, at least not prior to his being shot down over North Viet Nam. It took courage to fly over that particular piece of real estate too. The heavy anti-aircraft batteries and the surface to air missiles were brutal and if they didn't blow you apart or roast you alive, it was well known that an even more horrible fate awaited you once the NVA gooks got their greasy little hands on you . As for the fire, on the aircraft carrier Forrestal, that Zuni rocket misfire came from a bird opposite his, and very nearly struck him head on. And, finally, unless one has been in captivity and tortured to the point of having both shoulder rotator cuffs torn apart, they should at least give the guy the benefit of a doubt.

If anything, the gooks destroyed his spirit and resolve.

JK/SEA
07-18-2015, 05:46 PM
fuck john-boy.

thanks Don for bitch slapping that POS.

puppetmaster
07-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Yeah I don't like mcinsane at all. He sold out...and gets no respect from me for anything he did.

Pennsylvania
07-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Not an attack on McCain so much as an attack on all POWs.

Rest in peace, Trump

HankRicther12
07-18-2015, 06:42 PM
A new lowpoint from Trump.

There are 10.000 things you can attack McCain for, and this is the one you don't. He got shot down, for crying out loud. Should he have committed suicide when he landed!? I'd like to see which wars Trump has fought...

Yeah, so what? Shot down doing what? Dropping bombs on people who did nothing to him? Wow, what a hero. McCain is a scumbag.

Now, you may have a point that when you're in a party full of idiot NeoCons bashing a military man isn't the best strategy, but hey, I'm glad he said it, F McCain.

Jan2017
07-18-2015, 06:42 PM
. . .

Why does McCain not want the truth out about the POWs ?
Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain have compiled these veterans statements about McCain . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFM1xqqTX_g

cindy25
07-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Trump went too far this time, but so did McCain, calling the Trump supporters crazies. and not everyone who joins the military, the police, or the fire department are heroes. these are jobs. they get paid, and they chose them.

but this will hurt Trump, which was McCain's goal.

HankRicther12
07-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Trump needs to just go away. He is making a mockery of the potus race. Just stop reporting on him and stop talking about him already. The guy is making jokers like Hermain Cain last time look legitimate.

I say in all seriousness - what do you mean? I really did not get into politics at all until 2012, even the small bit I did pay attention to prior to that was so ridiculous I never had any desire to be a part of it. All these politicians, they are supposed to be the cream of the crop yet they all act like children, Trump is at least entertaining and doesn't go around walking on egg shells afraid to say what he thinks.

McCain was and is a coward. What is brave about invading an inferior country miles away that did nothing to you? What is brave about dropping bombs on people? Even in a necessary war, I still don't consider soldiers brave, if it is a necessary war than it is self-defense, not really brave if you're fighting to defend yourself.

Free Radical
07-18-2015, 07:02 PM
He got shot down, for crying out loud. Should he have committed suicide when he landed!?
Yes. That would have done humanity a big favor.

AuH20
07-18-2015, 07:42 PM
McCain is a piece of garbage that deliberately hid the existence of POWs. Trump can destroy McCain forever if he brings this up.

jkob
07-18-2015, 07:46 PM
McCain is a POS, I don't care that Trump insulted him.

AuH20
07-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Somebody should tweet this to Trump. I love creating chaos and bringing down McCain.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

jj-
07-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Somebody should tweet this to Trump. I love creating chaos and bringing down McCain.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

I'm 100% sure -not 99%- that Trump already has this. He can easily buy top oppo research.

Christian Liberty
07-18-2015, 07:56 PM

LOL!!!!!!!

I think I agree on this...

I couldn't give one whit about what Trump said. I'm not offended by it, but it didn't really push the anti-war agenda either, so meh.

enhanced_deficit
07-18-2015, 09:37 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/firstnew.png (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?478580-Do-you-see-McCain-as-an-American-hero&goto=newpost) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/poll_posticon.gif Poll: Do you see McCain as an American hero? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?478580-Do-you-see-McCain-as-an-American-hero&)

Dianne
07-18-2015, 09:56 PM
McCain is a piece of garbage that deliberately hid the existence of POWs. Trump can destroy McCain forever if he brings this up.

I posted this on another thread, but keep in mind McCain killed over 135 sailors on the U.S.S. Forestal while show boating his aircraft. His Father, an Admiral had him removed from the ship within the hour and ushered away as those sailors lay dead. McCain took down 3 to 5 aircraft during his career, and had no business being in the military. His Dad protected him all the way. McCain should be a dishwasher at Taco Bell, but not qualified since his Daddy no longer here to protect him.

He is garbage !!

r3volution 3.0
07-18-2015, 10:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xl0Qry-hA

juleswin
07-18-2015, 10:37 PM
I posted this on another thread, but keep in mind McCain killed over 135 sailors on the U.S.S. Forestal while show boating his aircraft. His Father, an Admiral had him removed from the ship within the hour and ushered away as those sailors lay dead. McCain took down 3 to 5 aircraft during his career, and had no business being in the military. His Dad protected him all the way. McCain should be a dishwasher at Taco Bell, but not qualified since his Daddy no longer here to protect him.

He is garbage !!

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that McCain was the cause of the accident on the U.S.S. Forestal? any link even from a conspiracy website to something I can read that supports that claim?

FloralScent
07-18-2015, 11:00 PM

Rest in peace, Trump

Yup. That didn't take long.

hells_unicorn
07-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Do you have any evidence whatsoever that McCain was the cause of the accident on the U.S.S. Forestal? any link even from a conspiracy website to something I can read that supports that claim?

I looked for something substantial, and found this on Fact Check (http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/). Apparently McCain was involved in only 1 plane crash that was the result of pilot error, and there were several other incidents where he was present but fault due to carelessness is not cited. The incident on the U.S.S. Forestal is stated to have been the result of a missile accidentally firing from a plane and hitting close to where McCain's plane was and causing the fire that killed all those sailors.

All this being said, while the Navy states that McCain was a "superb air-man", it seems that bad things tended to occur in close proximity to him.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-18-2015, 11:16 PM
But it's a valid criticism. Being captured doesn't take away from your service, but it certainly doesn't make you a hero. Now everybody is a hero. A real hero is the guy that goes and saves the captured guy.

I don't care anyway :rolleyes: people need to stop getting their panties in a bunch over words in this country. Whatever happened to "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me."?

McCain is a tit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQyVam-JPg0
Have we forgotten this is the same guy that insulted a huge portion of the population by calling them crazy?

juleswin
07-18-2015, 11:24 PM
I looked for something substantial, and found this on Fact Check (http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/). Apparently McCain was involved in only 1 plane crash that was the result of pilot error, and there were several other incidents where he was present but fault due to carelessness is not cited. The incident on the U.S.S. Forestal is stated to have been the result of a missile accidentally firing from a plane and hitting close to where McCain's plane was and causing the fire that killed all those sailors.

All this being said, while the Navy states that McCain was a "superb air-man", it seems that bad things tended to occur in close proximity to him.

Thanks for the answer, I don't doubt the plane crashing part, the accident of U.S.S Forestal is the one I need information on. I have heard quite a few crazy stories about McCain everything from him posing with Al Qaeda terrorists to leaving his first wife on the death bed for new mistress to having an illegitimate black baby but being responsible for 135 sailors takes the cake.

Yea, he is a douche bag but that doesn't make it not OK to make stuff up about him.

fr33
07-18-2015, 11:24 PM
What has Trump ever done to make him an expert on bravery or heroism? Sat on his suit-wearing ass, while sipping bottled water under an air conditioner vent. He's just another chicken hawk talking tough while being an absolute pussy.

juleswin
07-18-2015, 11:30 PM
What has Trump ever done to make him an expert on bravery or heroism? Sat on his suit-wearing ass, while sipping bottled water under an air conditioner vent. He's just another chicken hawk talking tough while being an absolute pussy.

True true, but one doesn't need to be a hero to know what heroism is. Also he never claimed to be a hero. I fucking hate Trump, but even while he was bashing McCain, he still tried to be respectful to him. The whole thing seemed like a light hearted banter between 2 colleagues.

McCain should reply with his comeback or he loses this battle :)

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-18-2015, 11:31 PM

Well I'm sure we can get Trump to go to one of our shitty colleges where he can earn a heroism studies degree. McCain and Trump could take the class together! Does anyone remember how McCain's campaign was all about how much of a military hero he was? A real hero wouldn't go out bragging like he should be president because he's such a hero.

chronicaust
07-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Anyone else wish they'd make an Epic Rap Battles video of these two clowns? Rofl I would pay for that shit.

r3volution 3.0
07-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Anyone else wish they'd make an Epic Rap Battles video of these two clowns? Rofl I would pay for that shit.

Yea, like "8 mile"........

I'll donate $50 to send Linzi on a field trip to downtown [insert city ruled by Democrats for the last 60 years].

chronicaust
07-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Yea, like "8 mile"........

I'll donate $50 to send Linzi on a field trip to downtown [insert city ruled by Democrats for the last 60 years].

C'mon man have a sense of humor lol.

https://youtu.be/dX_1B0w7Hzc

r3volution 3.0
07-19-2015, 12:33 AM

Oh, it would be humorous as hell, trust me on that one.

Mz. Linzi meets the hood *******?

ROFLMAO

TaftFan
07-19-2015, 12:47 AM
Trump would not last a day in the military, let alone as a POW.

Perry did a great job responding:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHuodaezAI

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Oh great, it's fucking Frank.
Oh fuck you, Rick. Despite Ron Paul receiving the most donations from our troops, you and the rest of the GOP shit all over him repeatedly. Here's how we support the troops, don't send them in harm's way for no other reason than the profit of a few corporations who don't give a single shit about the American people.

chronicaust
07-19-2015, 02:10 AM

LOL my apologies sir I misunderstood. As you were.

and @TaftFan I hope that last bit gets played 10,000 times on the news in the next week.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-19-2015, 02:19 AM
Just to add, both the GOP and liberals hide behind the troops when it comes to supporting these wars, as if criticizing the war is a criticism on the troops themselves. Same bullshit tactics SJW's use when facing criticizm, just grab the nearest black guy, mexican, or caitlyn and call you racist/homophobic

DevilsAdvocate
07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
///

DevilsAdvocate
07-19-2015, 02:42 AM
For all you defending McCain, you really need to understand just how despicable this guy really is.

He got the lowest marks in his class at Annapolis naval academy. Then went on to crash more planes during training than anyone else in his squad. Despite all this, he was given a promotion and allowed into combat (it's nice having an Admiral for a dad). When he unsurprisingly was shot down and taken prisoner, he sung like a canary. Giving away his comrades and as many secrets as he could to get favorable treatment with his captors.

Then he went on to use his war record to get himself a senate seat. Buying his re-election with pork projects, and leading the charge to expand the American empire overseas. Not to mention his support for domestic spying and the police state.

....or so I hear.

DevilsAdvocate
07-19-2015, 02:44 AM
//

SilentBull
07-19-2015, 07:46 AM
I just hope that when he crashes, he crashes so bad that he won't be able to run third party. You know that's what Hillary's plan is if Rand gets the nomination.

Jan2017
07-19-2015, 08:50 AM

Plenty of conspiracy websites . . . not hard to round up something, but before I get my first cup of coffee I'll offer some truth as I know it.

In it's entirety, the USS Forrestal was a confluence of factors.
The newest and largest aircraft carrier at the time was only in service for five days before the disaster, is what I just learned.

McCain was an inept pilot, and a hot-dogger, understandably hated by fellow ship mates for a host of reasons.
Why it got so out of control would not be McCain's fault.
Core reason for the subsequent fires and explosions were it had just received a shipment of old ammo that was being used,
I can get the numbers/type if no one else digs it up. They had before been using the lastest.

It is clear from footage from a camera pointed at the parked planes that there was a fire at the rear of McCain's plane
BEFORE the errant Zuni missile came across the deck in that camera's view.
In the footage of the 2nd camera which was trained on the next plane taking off - a seaman on the deck near that plane points
at that camera toward the explosions and the camera pans over.

There was a fire at the rear of McCain's plane BEFORE the Zuni missle crosses the deck right in front of McCain's plane
striking the plane that is "stage right" - from McCain's perspective the next plane to his left.
That footage of this first camera is so bizarre - a missle errantly fired flying two feet across an aircraft carrier deck - and that is
accurately depicted in the re-creations certainly - they have footage of it flying across the deck BECAUSE
the first camera was already trained on McCain's plane because that alert seaman on that camera had seen that fire at McCain's aft,
and that camera stays trained on those planes all around McCain. McCain's plane is at center stage on that film, and McCain is seen still
in his cockpit struggling at the controls for what seems like a very long maybe minute of eternity on film, but this is still BEFORE all the
massive explosions from when the second camera pans over.

McCain then gets out of the cockpit and is lying on the nose of his plane on his stomach, then slides off to hit the deck just to the left of his plane
on the side of the missle-struck plane - McCain is lying below face down and next to his plane not quite parallel to it, and that first camera then
pans over toward the direction at the back of the aircraft carrier deck.

So, the errant missile had it's safety pin blown out by the wind and a power surge fired the missle across the deck ?

Was McCain the cause ? I never characterize it as that . . . blame it on the windy day at sea if you like.

McCain WAS at the center of it all, certainly imho - coincidentally.
Did McCain not walk around his aircraft for the mandatory visual inspection all pilots do (should do) before getting in the cockpit,
and thus didn't notice something at the back of his plane - or do pilots do a "wet-start" to pump fuel from the cockpit ?

Odd to see McCain at the controls so long with his aft on fire - he would have had to wait for his turn at the catapult to get outta there.

McCain is quickly gotten off the aircraft carrier - a move I'd regard as "protective custody" for the Admiral's son.

and forget his Wikipedia - obvious blatant mischaracterizations and outright lies which can not be changed in Wikipedia, or I already would have.
There is at least one news journalist - that we quote and show youtubes of here on the forums - who knows of and has seen the first camera footage,
maybe I should check to see if his news organization still has that footage - even if they are censored from ever showing it or something.

The Forrestal is like the Titanic in that it gets such an terrible maiden voyage/tour of duty.

Nothing Trump has said seems wrong - and his poll numbers keep climbing. Go figure.

H. E. Panqui
07-19-2015, 09:59 AM
69360 mainstreams: 'He is making a mockery of the potus race.'

:rolleyes:

...yeah, these republicans deserve our respect and support for all they have done for us...:rolleyes:

...hopefully enough smart people catch on and jump on the trump bandwagon during the primaries...even though he sucks as bad as the rest of the stinking republican/crat candidates, he's obviously the 'divide and conquer' choice (finally, we can use d and c against 'them')...the one guy who has the best chance of truly hurting the stinking, rotten republican/crat party inc..i wish the d's had a 'trump card' too...(hint: the death/damage of either/both wing(s) of the republicrats is a good thing..)

...GO TRUMP GO!!

...maybe a trump/hillary race will disgust people enough to finally open the door for an honest 3rd (really second) party...

EBounding
07-19-2015, 10:18 AM
For some reason I didn't think Donald would implode until the first debate. Oh well.

H. E. Panqui
07-19-2015, 10:26 AM
For some reason I didn't think Donald would implode until the first debate. Oh well.

...calling those meager, stinking, phony, scripted republicrat press conferences/commercials/etc. (honest) 'debates' is ridiculous...

...way worse than calling the wwf championship 'the wrestling championship of the world'... :rolleyes:

GunnyFreedom
07-19-2015, 10:44 AM
For all you defending McCain, you really need to understand just how despicable this guy really is.

He got the lowest marks in his class at Annapolis naval academy. Then went on to crash more planes during training than anyone else in his squad. Despite all this, he was given a promotion and allowed into combat (it's nice having an Admiral for a dad). When he unsurprisingly was shot down and taken prisoner, he sung like a canary. Giving away his comrades and as many secrets as he could to get favorable treatment with his captors.

Then he went on to use his war record to get himself a senate seat. Buying his re-election with pork projects, and leading the charge to expand the American empire overseas. Not to mention his support for domestic spying and the police state.

....or so I hear.
You know that you don't have to be defending Songbird McFake in order to recognize that these comments make Trump an irrevocable asshole.

Carlybee
07-19-2015, 10:51 AM
You know that you don't have to be defending Songbird McFake in order to recognize that these comments make Trump an irrevocable asshole.

Maybe both assholes will cancel each other out. Win..win.

angelatc
07-19-2015, 10:58 AM

He was the son and grandson of Admirals, who graduated last in his class from Annapolis. Crashed every plane he flew. When he was shot down, the enemy offered him a ticket home because he was related to military royalty. He declined. I suspect it was not out of loyalty to "his" troops, but in fact because his father would have knocked the living snot out of him when he showed up.

Lucille
07-19-2015, 11:27 AM
If I voted, it would absolutely not be for Trump, but what a bore this erection season would be without him.

"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger."
--Abbie Hoffman

John McCain: When "Tokyo Rose" Ran for President
What Was John McCain's True Wartime Record in Vietnam?
http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-when-tokyo-rose-ran-for-president/

Origanalist
07-19-2015, 11:47 AM
If I voted, it would absolutely not be for Trump, but what a bore this erection season would be without him.

"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger."
--Abbie Hoffman

John McCain: When "Tokyo Rose" Ran for President
What Was John McCain's True Wartime Record in Vietnam?
http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-when-tokyo-rose-ran-for-president/

You're back! Where did you go???? Did you join a traveling minstrel show? Were you abducted by aliens?

wizardwatson
07-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like people on this forum are more excited and interested and even impressed with Trump than they are with Rand?

Maybe we need a poll.

HankRicther12
07-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Just to add, both the GOP and liberals hide behind the troops when it comes to supporting these wars, as if criticizing the war is a criticism on the troops themselves. Same bullshit tactics SJW's use when facing criticizm, just grab the nearest black guy, mexican, or caitlyn and call you racist/homophobic

Exactly!

I don't agree with him attacking a person for getting captured in and of itself, but considering McCain got captured while engaged in a sickening and unnecessary war I have no pity for him.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-19-2015, 03:51 PM
If you guys want a real American hero, here you go

Lafayette G. Pool (July 23, 1919 – May 30, 1991) was an American tank-crew and tank-platoon commander in World War II and is widely recognized as the US tank ace of aces credited with over 1,000 kills, 250 German prisoners of war taken, 12 confirmed tank kills and 258 total armoured vehicle and self-propelled gun kills[/B].
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_G._Pool
This guy makes McCain look like a sniveling asshole. Not only did he survive two of his tanks being disabled, he also survived a shell that BLEW HIM OUT OF HIS COMMANDERS HATCH.

On the flipside, we have John McCain, a horrible pilot who gets shot down and captured, and spills the beans for the North Vietnamese. What a hero.

erowe1
07-19-2015, 04:55 PM
If you guys want a real American hero, here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafayette_G._Pool
This guy makes McCain look like a sniveling asshole. Not only did he survive two of his tanks being disabled, he also survived a shell that BLEW HIM OUT OF HIS COMMANDERS HATCH.

On the flipside, we have John McCain, a horrible pilot who gets shot down and captured, and spills the beans for the North Vietnamese. What a hero.

You call that a hero? Stalin killed millions! Millions! Now he was a hero's hero!

navy-vet
07-19-2015, 05:17 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

Peace&Freedom
07-19-2015, 05:22 PM

...calling those meager, stinking, phony, scripted republicrat press conferences/commercials/etc. (honest) 'debates' is ridiculous...

...way worse than calling the wwf championship 'the wrestling championship of the world'... :rolleyes:

It's more accurate to call this episode "Donald's second wave" than his implosion. Notice he's soaking up all the headlines and discussions. Again.

Instead of the WWE, think of this as the DC Universe, with Trump serving as a one man Suicide Squad. It doesn't matter if he survives (as the Squad's boss would say, because he's one of the bad guys, if he fails we have total deniability), but in the meanwhile his demolition of the other worse bad guys is priceless.

TheTexan
07-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like people on this forum are more excited and interested and even impressed with Trump than they are with Rand?

Maybe we need a poll.

Trump has Oomph and Pizzazz , two qualities much needed in a President

Dianne
07-19-2015, 07:53 PM

Frankly, years ago it was common knowledge and posted everywhere on the internet. That is how I learned about it. Now as I google, most of the evidence has been removed. I found this story, but majority of sources have been purged... Go figure that one out.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/08/28/577434/-McCain-Responsible-for-the-Forrestal-Fire

navy-vet
07-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Peace :)

Jan2017
07-19-2015, 09:05 PM
The Navy has video record of the Zuni rocket coming "towards" McCain's aircraft.
. . . he was allowed to continue to fly because his daddy was an admiral is completely absurd and disingenuous.

No one has ever suggested it was McCain's plane that fired the missle across the deck - ever.
Read any account of it - and if you are fortunate enough as many have - to have seen the camera trained on the fire already on McCain's plane
BEFORE the rocket across the deck whizzes by him and hits the plane next to his left it is clear as day.

Also as clear as day is McCain in the cockpit trying to either shut down his own engine/fuel/fire before getting on the nose of his aircraft
and then sliding off onto the tarmac.
For whatever reason there was already a fire on McCain's plane in the first place - so that the alert seaman in the tower already had that one camera
on him - yep, they of course have that footage, plenty have already seen it. Nowadays, they seem to only show the camera that was on the plane about to take-off -
that second camera that then pans over after the missle has skimmed across the deck and all hell is breaking loose.
Was it a "wet start" or fuel spilled around McCain's plane which - knowing Johnny-boy, he didn't walk around the plane before getting
in the cockpit as he could have to check?

Disingenuous about the Admiral's son ? He hides and obstructs justice on POWs ?
McCain was not even born in a Navy hospital. He was delivered in the local Panamanian hospital - delivered by a Navy doctor who signed the birth certificate and a log book, but definitely off base - that hospital is no longer there, it was sold to developers who built condos at the site.

McCain clips telephone lines / power lines while hot-dogging and crashes one of his planes - but by then he had figured out he HAD better
figure out and actually read how to eject after he was sinking off the coast of Corpus Christi and didn't know what to do.

Smitty
07-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Trump didn't say anything about McCain until McCain decided to run his yap about Trump's supporters.

If McCain doesn't like being called out he needs to shut the fuggup.

Free Radical
07-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Trump has Oomph and Pizzazz , two qualities much needed in a President
Trump makes me want to go out and vote.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-19-2015, 11:53 PM

As entertaining as I find him my logical side does know there's a good chance Trump is just getting ready to throw away the election to Hilary just like Kerry did for Bush.

Dianne
07-20-2015, 05:47 AM

I think all those republicrats running with the sole purpose of interference for Jeb Bush will demand Trump be removed from the debates. Jeb won't demand, his puppets will.

cajuncocoa
07-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Rest in peace, Trump
Might want to hold off on that funeral.

http://s9.postimg.org/8r95x7atr/IMG_0544.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/p3j7mxp5b/IMG_0545.png

kahless
07-20-2015, 06:56 AM
This is exactly how Ron and Rand should have or should handle Foxnews, Frank Luntz and the MSM when they actively campaigns against you with their lies.

acptulsa
07-20-2015, 07:11 AM
No one has ever suggested it was McCain's plane that fired the missle across the deck - ever.
Read any account of it - and if you are fortunate enough as many have - to have seen the camera trained on the fire already on McCain's plane
BEFORE the rocket across the deck whizzes by him and hits the plane next to his left it is clear as day.

Also as clear as day is McCain in the cockpit trying to either shut down his own engine/fuel/fire before getting on the nose of his aircraft
and then sliding off onto the tarmac.
For whatever reason there was already a fire on McCain's plane in the first place - so that the alert seaman in the tower already had that one camera
on him - yep, they of course have that footage, plenty have already seen it. Nowadays, they seem to only show the camera that was on the plane about to take-off -
that second camera that then pans over after the missle has skimmed across the deck and all hell is breaking loose.
Was it a "wet start" or fuel spilled around McCain's plane which - knowing Johnny-boy, he didn't walk around the plane before getting
in the cockpit as he could have to check?

Disingenuous about the Admiral's son ? He hides and obstructs justice on POWs ?
McCain was not even born in a Navy hospital. He was delivered in the local Panamanian hospital - delivered by a Navy doctor who signed the birth certificate and a log book, but definitely off base - that hospital is no longer there, it was sold to developers who built condos at the site.

McCain clips telephone lines / power lines while hot-dogging and crashes one of his planes - but by then he had figured out he HAD better
figure out and actually read how to eject after he was sinking off the coast of Corpus Christi and didn't know what to do.

Not much could have started the fire but a 'wet start'--a very 'wet start'. No errant missile could have done it; the fuel tanks on the A-4 are right above the leading edge of the wing, not in the back.

The fire grew because in his mad scramble to get out, he hit the drop tank release, and put the full, jettisonable external tank right there on the deck in the middle of the fire.

And the Forrestal has been known as the U.S.S. Forest Fire ever since.

Jan2017
07-20-2015, 07:39 AM
Peace :)

OK there navy-vet . . . you changed your entire post while I was writing mine, and I only quoted a pertinent portion.
No big deal.

If John McCain could ever come clean on anything I would be amazed - the worst imo is how he obstructs people from the Pentagon
who want to go to Vietnam to find out what actual info the VC got from McCain and about other POWs maybe still in captivity at the time of the large release.

There were certainly odd things that happened on the battlefields during McCain's captivity - Marines would go into a site - helicopters and all -
and the VietCong were already there and they'd get ambushed - shit. McCain would only give general info I am sure, but enough for a valuable lead
to combine with Chinese-support/intelligence.

I'd give McCain deference for his service at first too - just like everyone would - but he can not come clean on most everything.

Millions of heroes - all of them in fact in every conflict including now. Someday, maybe at a Rand event - I can tell ya' about my dear Dad,
now in a different plane of existence with his PT boat engine man nicknamed appropriately "Packard" from July 1945,
as some ship named the USS Indianapolis steamed toward the south Pacific before it delivered it's Fat Boy and Little Man cargo to that tiny - now deserted island.

Heroes there are plenty from every conflict - even the guy who disobeyed the rule with the guys in the water after the Indianapolis got hit -
he went to fetch a crate of potatoes floating in the ocean away from the circle of men in the water he was on duty circling keeping them awake -
a shark got him before he got to that crate.

Lieutenant John F. Kennedy after his PT boat gets sliced in half in the dead of night by a Jap destroyer -
keeps going back into the water, rescuing his crew.

Trump's words got maligned, he acknowledged that McCain is regarded as a hero because he was in captivity.
But posters here are right - McCain said that Trump is reviving the "crazies" who they had already dispelled of . . .
(an insult to Vietnam vet flight surgeon Ron Paul's supporters who McCain dispelled of ?)

Peace.

Jan2017
07-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Not much could have started the fire but a 'wet start'--a very 'wet start'. No errant missile could have done it; the fuel tanks on the A-4 are right above the leading edge of the wing, not in the back.

The fire grew because in his mad scramble to get out, he hit the drop tank release, and put the full, jettisonable external tank right there on the deck in the middle of the fire.

And the Forrestal has been known as the U.S.S. Forest Fire ever since.

Right - that missle hit the plane at the edge of all the parked planes - but the biggest explosions came farther back on the aircraft carrier deck -
far from that plane that got hit by the Zuni.

AuH20
07-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Trump is killing it on twitter. Very impressed.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago
We will soon be at a point with our incompetent politicians where we will be treating illegal immigrants better than our veterans.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10m10 minutes ago
The ever dwindling @WSJ which is worth about 1/10 of what it was purchased for, is always hitting me politically. Who cares!

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Trump is killing it on twitter. Very impressed.
lol Trump, we're already there.

AuH20
07-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Trump is going to get ambushed by the FNC debate moderators. They will not let him malign the sins of the GOP for the world to hear. You are not allowed to talk how the GOP is a phony party of opposition. If you thought Ron had it bad, wait until you see what happens. Ron was never near or in the lead like this...

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2015, 08:48 AM
Trump is going to get ambushed by the FNC debate moderators. They will not let him malign the sins of the GOP for the world to hear. You are not allowed to talk how the GOP is a phony party of opposition. If you thought Ron had it bad, wait until you see what happens. Ron was never near or in the lead like this...
I admit it'll be kinda nice having Trump getting targeted so hard they will have little ammo left for Rand.

Peace&Freedom
07-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I admit it'll be kinda nice having Trump getting targeted so hard they will have little ammo left for Rand.

Exactly! Donald is drawing the brunt of the heat, to Rand's benefit, if he can figure out how to properly triangulate between Trump's fevered rants and the establishment's fevered overreactions. Trump is wrong on too many issues, but he has set the framework for somebody else to better address the topics in a non PC way.

Chieppa1
07-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Exactly! Donald is drawing the brunt of the heat, to Rand's benefit, if he can figure out how to properly triangulate between Trump's fevered rants and the establishment's fevered overreactions. Trump is wrong on too many issues, but he has set the framework for somebody else to better address the topics in a non PC way.

I wonder if Rand can play the Rick Perry roll in the debates and "well, I agree with Mr. Trump on the GOP" when asked about the party itself. The worst thing that happens is Trump throws an insult at Rand for agreeing with him and Trump comes off as the bully.

I don't know. I just would like to see Establishment vs. Trump vs. Paul on the stage.

acptulsa
07-20-2015, 10:26 AM

I don't know if it will play that way. The way they intend to play it is, anyone who agrees with anything Trump ever said is a nutcase--unless he said something Jeb! agrees with, in which case Trump is just pandering and Rand, like a stopped clock, can't help but be right twice a day.

Occam's Banana
07-20-2015, 11:04 AM
Trump attacks McCain: "I like people who weren't captured." Jack the Ripper wasn't captured ...

H. E. Panqui
07-20-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't know. I just would like to see Establishment vs. Trump vs. Paul on the stage.

:confused:

...in reality, the 'differences' between the stinking, rotten stoooooooooooooopid establishment republicans (and democrats for that matter) and trump and rand paul are minor...

...btw 'the stage' is staged...in an open, honest competition of ideas about government none of these stinking republicrats would be anywhere near 'the championship round'...

...we all be much better off choosing names at random from the phonebook rather than allowing these gd puppet-head republicrats to dominate public office...

Chieppa1
07-20-2015, 11:51 AM

:confused:

...in reality, the 'differences' between the stinking, rotten stoooooooooooooopid establishment republicans (and democrats for that matter) and trump and rand paul are minor...

...btw 'the stage' is staged...in an open, honest competition of ideas about government none of these stinking republicrats would be anywhere near 'the championship round'...

...we all be much better off choosing names at random from the phonebook rather than allowing these gd puppet-head republicrats to dominate public office...

Okay thanks for the rambling comments. I know it's all a staged event. These staged events trick the majority of the voting public.

H. E. Panqui
07-20-2015, 12:12 PM
These staged events trick the majority of the voting public.

....agreed...the people voting for any republican appear 'ripe for the tricking'...mostly numbskulls who think 'the government prints too much money in this socialist country'...:rolleyes:...(btw, the democrats suck too...but i bet you already knew that..)

...the numbskull republicrats are unaware of the reality that private commercial banksters create/control our money in this hyper-fascist country...;)

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-20-2015, 12:27 PM
I'll be interested to see just what this does to his poll numbers. If there isn't much of a drop, then he may really be a Teflon candidate. If that's so, things are going to get very ​interesting.

CPUd
07-20-2015, 01:28 PM
I'll be interested to see just what this does to his poll numbers. If there isn't much of a drop, then he may really be a Teflon candidate. If that's so, things are going to get very ​interesting.

"no significant change" in Iowa

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/e6c48f94-1380-45b6-80e4-dbaf5f5f78ad.pdf

AuH20
07-20-2015, 01:30 PM
These staged events trick the majority of the voting public.

....agreed...the people voting for any republican appear 'ripe for the tricking'...mostly numbskulls who think 'the government prints too much money in this socialist country'...:rolleyes:...(btw, the democrats suck too...but i bet you already knew that..)

...the numbskull republicrats are unaware of the reality that private commercial banksters create/control our money in this hyper-fascist country...;)

The country is conquered. But we can at least have some fun by riling up the natives from their self-imposed stupor. That's how I view Trump's candidacy. Cage rattling. The cage needs to be rattled. Donald's ego is large enough to take this to the final stages.

H. E. Panqui
07-20-2015, 04:42 PM
...i'm hearing a lot of phony outrage from gd hypocrite fool republicans/conservatives who were badmouthing/maligning john kerry's war hero status in 2004...

...democrats blow, republicans suck...:mad:

...auh2o, i'm down with some cage-rattling too...btw, many of the local, long-time republicans i've run into recently appear bent on stinking scott walker...republicans surely need their skulls rattled....

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Doesn't seem like this is negatively effecting him much at all. Teflon Trump.

AuH20
07-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Doesn't seem like this is negatively effecting him much at all. Teflon Trump.

It's like flying through a hail of flack. It looks terrifying at the time but there is clear sky ahead if you can survive.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-20-2015, 05:36 PM
It's like flying through a hail of flack. It looks terrifying at the time but there is clear sky ahead if you can survive.
It just proves what I've thought for a while. When the social justice/lefty crowd gets at you for saying something they find "offensive", do NOT apologize. Apologies make you look weak, and then your enemies sense blood in the water and swarm. Instead, double down and remain strong.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-20-2015, 05:39 PM
It just proves what I've thought for a while. When the social justice/lefty crowd gets at you for saying something they find "offensive", do NOT apologize. Apologies make you look weak, and then your enemies sense blood in the water and swarm. Instead, double down and remain strong.

You really don't understand what you're dealing with, right? These people have ruined other people's lives simply for not agreeing with them. They find their personal information and send them death threats, get them fired from their jobs, etc. They are literally the communists from Soviet Russia.

AuH20
07-20-2015, 05:42 PM
You really don't understand what you're dealing with, right? These people have ruined other people's lives simply for not agreeing with them. They find their personal information and send them death threats, get them fired from their jobs, etc. They are literally the communists from Soviet Russia.

Trump has accumulated so much money, that he is practically immune to their threats. He lost a pageant, a show, a PGA Tour event, yet he still raises the middle finger in defiance.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-20-2015, 05:56 PM
I grew up in the SF Bay Area, their fucking epicenter. Once you show them resistance, they crumble. They're weak people who fall to pieces when they hear something offensive. If they think the offending party is weak, they pick them apart till there's nothing left. If they strength, they get afraid, because they can't compete.

Read and learn from a fellow traveler of mine, also trapped in a social justice hellhole:
http://www.radixjournal.com/journal/2014/10/31/i-dont-care

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-20-2015, 06:04 PM
I grew up in the SF Bay Area, their fucking epicenter. Once you show them resistance, they crumble. They're weak people who fall to pieces when they hear something offensive. If they think the offending party is weak, they pick them apart till there's nothing left. If they strength, they get afraid, because they can't compete.

Read and learn from a fellow traveler of mine, also trapped in a social justice hellhole:

I'm specifically talking about confronting them on the internet where the hive mind can activate.

AuH20
07-20-2015, 06:16 PM

Strong people wouldn't gravitate towards the government. It's very revealing.

idiom
07-23-2015, 04:40 PM
Trump is just showing leadership. Same as Ron did. Its why we liked Ron and really only tolerate Rand.

Americans love the sort of person Trump is. Its why the left loves Bernie Sanders. Angry billionaires make for excellent politicians in the American system.

Perot, Bloomberg...

torchbearer
07-23-2015, 05:10 PM

can not argue with that.
Vermin Supreme!!

heavenlyboy34
07-23-2015, 05:53 PM
can not argue with that.
Vermin Supreme!!

VS FTW!!!! I hope Macmillian runs for VPOTUS again this year. :D