PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham charmingly, succinctly explains why the GOP is wrong on climate change

Suzanimal
07-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Lindsey Graham charmingly, succinctly explains why the GOP is wrong on climate change

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is out of step with his party on a lot of issues — on immigration, for example, "I'm called Lindsey Grahmnesty," he told Seth Meyers on Tuesday's Late Night. If elected president, Graham said, he will fix America's immigration system "and I will make my party step up to the plate." When Meyers asked about Graham's belief in human-influenced climate change, the senator laid on the charm and trotted out the heterodoxy.

"I made a D in science — do you know why I made a D?" Graham asked Meyers. "My teacher said she's never given an F." He went on to very gently, quite succinctly explain why he disagrees on the climate issue with most of the party whose presidential nomination he is seeking:

I know I'm not a scientist, but here's the problem I've got with some people in my party: When you ask the scientists what's going on, why don't you believe them? If I went to 10 doctors and nine said, "Hey, you're gonna die," and one says "You're fine," why would I believe the one guy? So there you go. [Graham, on Late Night]

So there you go. You can also watch Graham criticize Donald Trump and explain how his party is digging a hole for itself with Latino voters in the video below. Peter Weber

http://theweek.com/speedreads/566532/lindsey-graham-charmingly-succinctly-explains-why-gop-wrong-climate-change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=161&v=5ywrXJ2PNhQ

wizardwatson
07-15-2015, 06:46 AM
Obama already assigned the Coast Guard to this problem. Global warming makes sea level rise. Therefore, Coast Guard is there to make sure it doesn't.

Next problem.

Ronin Truth
07-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Lindsey Graham charmingly, succinctly explains why he's an idiot who hasn't even bothered to do his own homework on climate change. :p :rolleyes:

(2 hints: the UN, Al Gore)

fisharmor
07-15-2015, 07:33 AM
I don't know Lindsey, I've never actually watched a video or seen a scientist explaining why climate change is real.
I've seen a WHOLE bunch of videos explaining how the data those scientists are using is invalid,
I've seen a bunch of rebuttals to the methodology used by those scientists...
....but I've never actually seen the argument presented by the climate change crowd.

Nope, they just go straight to the airwaves with "This is the truth and anyone who doubts it will be fired out of a canon into the sun".

So I'd really like to know which 9 of 10 scientists you actually got to sit down and talk with.

(I'd also like to know if we're talking about just a random 9 guys in your office trying to get a research grant....)

juleswin
07-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Lindsey is the kind of person car mechanics eat for lunch. He doesn't know, doesn't want to learn, then asks the people whose livelihood is dependent on then selling you a problem for answers.

No wonder he got and F in science

Sam I am
07-15-2015, 08:09 AM
I've never actually watched a video or seen a scientist explaining why climate change is real.
I've seen a WHOLE bunch of videos explaining how the data those scientists are using is invalid,
I've seen a bunch of rebuttals to the methodology used by those scientists...
....but I've never actually seen the argument presented by the climate change crowd.

I'm detecting some sort of selection bias at play here.

acptulsa
07-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Lindsey is the kind of person car mechanics eat for lunch. He doesn't know, doesn't want to learn, then asks the people whose livelihood is dependent on then selling you a problem for answers.

No wonder he got and F in science

And that wants to be in charge...

Vanguard101
07-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Graham is a nice guy. If he wasn't a warmonger, he wouldn't be half bad of a person. If he didn't violate civil liberties, he wouldn't be half bad

DevilsAdvocate
07-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Scientists do predict warming due to a greenhouse effect. But there is no consensus that this warming will result in a catastrophic outcome. Likely, we'll just have better crop yields.

Also, tagging the words "global warming" onto your research project = $$$

helmuth_hubener
07-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Graham is a nice guy. If he wasn't a warmonger, he wouldn't be half bad of a person. If he didn't violate civil liberties, he wouldn't be half bad

E. Coli isn't that bad. Except for when it kills you.

hells_unicorn
07-15-2015, 10:21 AM

No, he's accurately describing how this debate works. The models used by these "scientists" to predict weather patterns are complete bunk, apart from Al Gore's hack power point presentation, I haven't seen any widespread attempts at explaining how these models work (his explanations were borderline retarded), and the typical response when somebody questions the model is "shut up or we'll make everyone think that you're a Nazi".

Frankly speaking, I find the whole discussion boring for the same reasons that I started being bored with children's fantasy books at a certain age. If you're going to sell B.S., at least make it entertaining.

fisharmor
07-15-2015, 10:38 AM

Ok, go ahead and point me to a YT video that shows the anthropogenic global climate change argument that uses only arguments which haven't been utterly destroyed in another video.

You'll give me one, and I'll get 5 minutes into it, and I'll fact-check the first part of their argument, and I'll find at least one video that destroys it, and then I'll be done with this exchange.

I've got 5 minutes this afternoon....

Brian4Liberty
07-15-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! A Senator that has sold his soul to the neoconservatives and the MIC, has probably also sold his soul to the Wall St. carbon credit lobby. Shocking!

acptulsa
07-15-2015, 12:48 PM
And just how is flying jets over Syria to bomb--ostensibly--ISIS with high explosives and incendiaries going to cut the carbon output of the human race again...?

Sola_Fide
07-15-2015, 01:21 PM

The atheists of this board are so predictable. They are so biased toward the pseudo scientific church-state that they can't even see their own bias.