PDA

View Full Version : Non-violent drug offenders - How much does this cost?

mello
07-14-2015, 09:43 PM
I just read that the number of drug offenders serving time in federal prison is 95,265. I wonder how much money we would save If Rand pardoned all of them on his first day as President?

chronicaust
07-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Pardon 100,000 "criminals" (as the public would see it). I wouldn't make that a day one thing lol. But I think you're on the right track. It would have to save a few hundred million if not in the billions.

nikcers
07-14-2015, 10:37 PM
I think criminal justice reform especially with the war on drugs he could pull the rug out from everybody on this, most of the problems on our border are exaggerated because we fuel Mexican druglords like el chapo by creating a black market with our failed war on drugs. We destroy communities with taxation and prohibition, even that guy that got choked to death cost new york tax payers at least 5.9 million over selling untaxed cigarettes. The people paying for the cigarette tax are effectively paying the police to choke people to death. We prop up these drug lords that make life hell for people on the other side of the border, they bribe their government officials with US dollars to get them out of jail, one woman was jailed in Mexico for not ironing.