PDA

View Full Version : General Motors asked to stop supporting Kid Rock by National Action Network

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 05:33 PM
The Detroit Free Press reports the Detroit civil rights group has sent a letter asking for a meeting with Mary Barra, CEO of General Motors.

The Detroit chapter of the National Action Network first asked Kid Rock to denounce the Confederate flag and stop using it at his concerts, which he has done in the past.

In response, Kid Rock released a statement to FOX News saying "Please tell the people protesting they can kiss my... ask me some questions."

General Motors is the sponsor of Kid Rock's current concert tour. The Free Press says earlier this week, GM issued a statement to the National Action Network's request of Kid Rock.

"We are committed to our sponsorship of Kid Rock's summer tour and are confident that he will provide his fans, many of whom are proud Chevrolet owners, with a spectacular concert experience that celebrates American Freedom."

A spokesman told the Free Press On July 10 the automaker stands behind that statement.

The National Action Network also wants an exhibit about Detroit music inside the museum, which is paid for in part by Kid Rock, to be taken down if the rocker does not denounce the Confederate Flag.

The Kid Rock Music Lab at the Detroit Historical Museum is one of ten permanent exhibitions there.
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2015/07/general_motors_asked_to_stop_s.html

oh mi ga... kid rock is so rashist

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 05:54 PM
This will guarantee a sold out tour!

specsaregood
07-14-2015, 05:56 PM
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2015/07/general_motors_asked_to_stop_s.html

oh mi ga... kid rock is so rashist

foxnews pointed out the other day when this subject came up that Kid Rock has a half black son.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 06:07 PM
foxnews pointed out the other day when this subject came up that Kid Rock has a half black son.
interesting

Musician Robert “Kid Rock” Ritchie and his teenage son Robert Ritchie Jr. attended the 56th Annual NAACP Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner at Cobo Hall on May 1, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan.
http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2011/05/03/kid-rock-and-son-attend-annual-naacp-fight-for-freedom-fund-dinner/

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 06:36 PM

You mean everyone didn't know that already? The insinuation that Kid Rock is racist is plain ridiculous. The guy started out in hip-hop and rap in Detroit.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 06:37 PM
You mean everyone didn't know that already? The insinuation that Kid Rock is racist is plain ridiculous. The guy started out in hip-hop and rap in Detroit.
He's not racist, the flag is! Because in America, objects and symbols can have feelings.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Can't imagine why the Marxists would go after Kid Rock...

Politics

Kid Rock is widely known for his affiliation with the United States Republican Party, but identifies as a libertarian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Rock#Politics

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Can't imagine why the Marxists would go after Kid Rock...

Kid Rock isn't part of the party that supported slavery, Democratic. What a racist!

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA

GunnyFreedom
07-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Aww man, you mean I have to hate Government Motors a little less now? :mad:

specsaregood
07-14-2015, 07:06 PM

I had no idea; sorry, I don't read people magazine.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 07:22 PM
I had no idea; sorry, I don't read people magazine.

Neither do I. ;)

limequat
07-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Aww man, you mean I have to hate Government Motors a little less now? :mad:

No, I'm sure they'll cave shortly.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 08:45 PM
No, I'm sure they'll cave shortly.

Only if people stop buying GM cars with their foodstamps
Badum tsssh

phill4paul
07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
interesting

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2011/05/03/kid-rock-and-son-attend-annual-naacp-fight-for-freedom-fund-dinner/

Fuggin' racist. Burn 'em.

Race baiters just need to have the shit beaten out of them. They are the worst of the worst. Anymore, I pray that one does not get in my face.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Fuggin' racist. Burn 'em.

Race baiters just need to have the shit beaten out of them. They are the worst of the worst. Anymore, I pray that one does not get in my face.

Chances are they'd have their entourage of thugs because they'd be too scared to fight like a man

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again.

wizardwatson
07-14-2015, 09:09 PM
So I got all gossipy-minded and wanted to know what Kid Rock's kids black mom looked like. Very plain.

But I learned like way more facts about Kid Rock than I ever wanted to know searching for that photo. So I feel like I've already paid the price.

He has way more things to worry about than his relationship with that flag.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-15-2015, 01:13 AM
So I got all gossipy-minded and wanted to know what Kid Rock's kids black mom looked like. Very plain.

But I learned like way more facts about Kid Rock than I ever wanted to know searching for that photo. So I feel like I've already paid the price.

He has way more things to worry about than his relationship with that flag.
You said a black woman was unattractive? Why, 'cause she's not white? So racist.

wizardwatson
07-15-2015, 05:49 AM
You said a black woman was unattractive? Why, 'cause she's not white? So racist.

Oh, sorry I can't be racist. I also have a half-minority kid.

Snap!

Mom's from India.

I call him "Graham Cracker". Mom doesn't find it very amusing.

I have shown my committment to raising the status of the lesser races by breeding with them, therefore your charge of racism is invalid.