View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul on Hannity 7/14

jct74
07-14-2015, 12:48 PM
update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxzFywZvNYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxzFywZvNYg

juleswin
07-14-2015, 12:59 PM
You know, Rand hasn't been in the news for at least a couple of weeks now. Will be tuning in for the interview(youtube). Also, he better watch out for the gotcha questions.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Pretty good interview. I do wish Rand would sell himself a lot more, though. His point about needing an "enforcer" on immigration laws...he needs to say "I will be the enforcer." On the topic of ceding power to the presidency, he needs to say: "As president, I will restore the balance of power between the three branches."

Crashland
07-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Pretty good interview. I do wish Rand would sell himself a lot more, though. His point about needing an "enforcer" on immigration laws...he needs to say "I will be the enforcer." On the topic of ceding power to the presidency, he needs to say: "As president, I will restore the balance of power between the three branches."

I have noticed that Rand will usually refer to "we" rather than "I". "We" think we can win battleground states, "we" want to emphasize this point and that point...etc. As opposed to Donald Trump's *I* will win the hispanic vote, *I* will create jobs,...etc. Not really sure how this kind of wording plays out but it's interesting.

r3volution 3.0
07-14-2015, 09:17 PM
I have noticed that Rand will usually refer to "we" rather than "I". "We" think we can win battleground states, "we" want to emphasize this point and that point...etc. As opposed to Donald Trump's *I* will win the hispanic vote, *I* will create jobs,...etc. Not really sure how this kind of wording plays out but it's interesting.

It means Rand's humble and Trump's an egomaniacal psychopath.

...but the latter persona is more effective in politics.

So, yes, Rand needs to get a little more cocky.

Southron
07-14-2015, 09:39 PM
I was hoping he would really go after birthright citizenship when Hannity set it up.

eleganz
07-14-2015, 09:50 PM
You know, Rand hasn't been in the news for at least a couple of weeks now. Will be tuning in for the interview(youtube). Also, he better watch out for the gotcha questions.

Rand was on Greta just last week, he's on a lot of the local news stations as he tours around different states, he's been in Iowa and Michigan on two day tours in the last week.

Kotin
07-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Tube?

TaftFan
07-14-2015, 11:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxfmmqNmwaM

idiom
07-15-2015, 12:44 AM

The GOP found that Trump can over shadow him.

Rand is no longer the person with the biggest balls speaking truth to power.

nikcers
07-15-2015, 01:08 AM
The GOP found that Trump can over shadow him.

Rand is no longer the person with the biggest balls speaking truth to power.

LOL obviously there's a conspiracy here... to get Hillary Clinton elected /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlFGFjn-i4c

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-15-2015, 01:19 AM
We need a libertarian television network

65fastback2+2
07-15-2015, 06:41 AM

It is also a standard practice in speech and paper writing, that you want to use "I" as few times as possible.

Using "we" or "us" or "you" are words that relate to a call to action.

"I will create jobs"...means nothing is required of me.

"We will create jobs"...means you are involved in the process.

65fastback2+2
07-15-2015, 06:54 AM
I was hoping he would really go after birthright citizenship when Hannity set it up.

this one is really tricky to address since natural born citizen is in the constitution....and if we're honest here, this same debate over it has been ongoing since the beginning, madison even wrote about it very early on: http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/a1_8_4_citizenships5.html

citizenship is also a power that is delegated to the states and not the federal government.

Jan2017
07-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Hah, the interview brings up whether the nuclear deal is or is not a treaty -
explained well enough where they are at by Rand.

It is an enforcement of the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty - Rand says he believes it is a treaty, but then there is the Corker Bill.

Funny to hear Hannity throwing the Constitution in Rand's face.

Rand did great here in these 6 minutes.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-15-2015, 06:00 PM
It is also a standard practice in speech and paper writing, that you want to use "I" as few times as possible.

Using "we" or "us" or "you" are words that relate to a call to action.

"I will create jobs"...means nothing is required of me.

"We will create jobs"...means you are involved in the process.Campaigning is a virtual job interview, with the voter being the boss. They don't want to hear "we". They want to hear what the candidate is going to do for them.

Rand illustrates what the problem is, but doesn't always say how he personally will solve the problem, or make the case for why he is the man to solve it. That needs to change. Some may see that as cocky, others see it as confident. A presidential campaign isn't a time to be a shy, "aw shucks" type. You have to toot your own horn and sell the people on your qualifications and plans.

65fastback2+2
07-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Campaigning is a virtual job interview, with the voter being the boss. They don't want to hear "we". They want to hear what the candidate is going to do for them.

Rand illustrates what the problem is, but doesn't always say how he personally will solve the problem, or make the case for why he is the man to solve it. That needs to change. Some may see that as cocky, others see it as confident. A presidential campaign isn't a time to be a shy, "aw shucks" type. You have to toot your own horn and sell the people on your qualifications and plans.

I disagree.

If he says "I will make taxes a flat 14.7%" and congress doesnt change and it doesnt happen...then he's just a liar.

If he says "We will work to make taxes a flat 14.7%" then he is acknowledging that it will take work beyond the presidency to make it happen and that he wouldnt be able to do it alone.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-16-2015, 03:10 AM
^ What's to stop him from saying: "I will work to make taxes a flat 14.7%"? :p