PDA

View Full Version : Wackjobs Request Confederate Memorial on Private Property To Be Removed

AuH20
07-13-2015, 10:16 AM
They live to be offended.

However, even the mayor thinks they are nuts.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Group-calls-for-removal-of-Confederate-monument-in-Seattle-314468901.html

Only a short walk from one of the cemetery's most visited grave sites - that of Bruce Lee - a 14-foot granite monument memorializes Washington state's Confederate veterans and their families.

"Just because it's a military memorial doesn't justify it," Charlette LaFevere says. "It's offensive."

LeFevere is part of a small group calling on Seattle city leaders to have the 89-year-old United Confederate Veterans Memorial taken down.

"To me this is the most racist monument in the Northwest," says LaFevere.

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray doesn't like the monument, but says any sort of removal is out of his hands.

"Private property is private property," Murray tells KOMO News. "I support the First Amendment. I don't want it there, I don't like it, but I also don't believe it's the roll of government to tell people what to do with their private property."

Created and funded by the Washington state chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy in 1926, the monument includes the "Stars and Bars" battle flag.

The memorial has been vandalized repeatedly over the years, most recently defaced by graffiti following the racially-motivated Charleston Church shootings.

"I don't want any person - person of color, anybody, to walk by this monument and feel intimidated or oppressed," LaFevere says. "And its very existence is expressing that."

Ronin Truth
07-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Tell the phony cultural Marxists to just take a hike.

asurfaholic
07-13-2015, 10:37 AM
People are just bat shit crazy. Every day every interaction I expect that from people but I still get blindsided by just how bat fucking crazy people are sometimes.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2015, 10:38 AM
roll

Role...Christ almighty it's ROLE.

These people went to school FFS.

Carlybee
07-13-2015, 10:42 AM
This is why it wasn't just about a flag. Pretty soon they'll want to come into your home and inspect it for hate symbols.

You never go full totalitaritard.

DevilsAdvocate
07-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Total lunacy. Just listen to the language! "Your free expression is oppressing me!"

paleocon1
07-13-2015, 10:51 AM
soon the mob destruction of these private properties will begin

timosman
07-13-2015, 10:51 AM
“If we don’t stand for something, we’ll fall for anything.”

kahless
07-13-2015, 10:56 AM
This is why it wasn't just about a flag. Pretty soon they'll want to come into your home and inspect it for hate symbols.

Coined a new term? I like it, a real tongue twister though.

Carlybee
07-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Coined a new term? I like it, a real tongue twister though.

:D

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-13-2015, 02:06 PM
I wonder how the roll of government tastes like

acptulsa
07-13-2015, 03:15 PM
I wonder how the roll of government tastes like

No, they're talking about how government rolls you over.

And doesn't even kiss you first.

aGameOfThrones
07-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Better than wanting to inspect the inside of your home to see if you had the right Paint.

timosman
07-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Total lunacy. Just listen to the language! "Your free expression is oppressing me!"

This is what corporate America teaches people. You must fall in line or otherwise be fired. Does not matter how stupid the policy is. 100% compliance, no exceptions. You must also prove how enthusiastic about the policies you are and how much you like the corporate kool-aid.

Dr.3D
07-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Role...Christ almighty it's ROLE.

These people went to school FFS.
Probably government school.

Pauls' Revere
07-13-2015, 07:37 PM

+ rep for totalitaritard.

Tywysog Cymru
07-13-2015, 08:42 PM
I oppose this 100%. I did support the decision to remove the flag from government property in the state capitol. I've never advocated infringing on free speech/free expression.