PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Was Not Aware of the NIE Report

Midnight77
12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
What does this say about his awareness level?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Huckabee_not_aware_of_NIE_report_on_Iran.html

thisisgiparti
12-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Huck might just be dumb enough to take over for Bush.

ashlux
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
For someone seeking the Presidency of the United States, that's sickening.

azminuteman
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Not trying to defend him but he is a governor and isn't required to keep up on capital matters that are usually privileged at first.

That being said, it's sickening that he isn't keeping up with stuff that are capitol matters.

ashlux
12-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Not trying to defend him but he is a governor and isn't required to keep up on capital matters that are usually privileged at first.

That being said, it's sickening that he isn't keeping up with stuff that are capitol matters.

He is no longer governor (he left office on Jan 9, 2007). Even so, that would hardly be a good excuse (I suspect he'd try and use it anyhow).

sharedvoice
12-06-2007, 01:46 AM
ping

unklejman
12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I’ve a serious concern if they were to be able to weaponize nuclear material, and I think we all should, mainly because the statements of Ahmadinejad are certainly not conducive to a peaceful purpose for his having it and the fear that he would in fact weaponize it and use it. (He pauses and thinks) I don’t know where the intelligence is coming from that says they have suspended the program or how credible that is versus the view that they actually are expanding it. … And I’ve heard, the last two weeks, supposed reports that they are accelerating it and it could be having a reactor in a much shorter period of time than originally been thought.

His policy regarding Iran is based on a statement that is completely misquoted and on power that Ahmadinejad doesn't have....

Then he questions the credibility of the NIE?

From the NIE report:

National Intelligence Estimates (NIEs) are the Intelligence Community’s (IC) most
authoritative written judgments on national security issues and designed to help US
civilian and military leaders develop policies to protect US national security interests.