PDA

View Full Version : Registered Voter lists

raystone
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Will help target door to door efforts ....anyone know where a Registered Republican voter list is obtainable for WI ?

crazyfacedjenkins
12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
You might have to pay for it, or pound your meetup over and over and over.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I would look for an address or number here and bother them until they at least give you a price or option to obtain it http://elections.state.wi.us/index.asp. For my district (1st district NJ) it costs $120 for that list.

WRellim
12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Will help target door to door efforts ....anyone know where a Registered Republican voter list is obtainable for WI ?

In Wisconsin there really is no such thing as a "Registered Republican" because the state doesn't register anyone to any particular party; but rather it simply registers you as a "Voter" -- party associations are a "private" membership thing.

Applications are here (and note there is NO PLACE to indicate a party affiliation):
http://elections.state.wi.us/subcategory.asp?linksubcatid=1637&locid=47

So in Wisconsin, unless you can get a hold of the GOP's membership listing (not likely) -- or a listing from some surveying/polling group -- you cannot specifically target Republicans.

Which is, IMHO, a good thing. We need to spend AT LEAST as much time reaching out to people who identify themselves as "Independant", "Democratic" or "don't know / don't care" than we do trying to reach people who identify themselves as "Republicans" (i.e. which these days typically means "Bush/Cheney -- Pro Iraq War Supporters").

It would be a big mistake to ONLY reach out to and target "Republicans" -- a mistake I think the national campaign IS making in HQ (hopefully Ernie and Vijay's efforts will be enough to compensate for that error).

Same thing applies here in Wisconsin. We need to go out and "plant the seeds" across the entire fertile ground, and not just among the rocks.

Heather in WI
12-08-2007, 07:54 PM

I would honestly start with your local GOP group. I have found MUCH success on the individual level here. Look for active 'behind' the scenes type people; not newbies but people who have been around long enough to know how the game is played. Often there are many local fundraising lists floating around, that someone might be willing to slip you as long as you keep quiet about it. :D I'm just sayin' .....

There are more than you would think who are either pro- Ron Paul or at least sympathetic to him and us and willing to help out.

Heather in WI
12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello!

I just received the 2006 delegate list. There are 108 people with Janesville addresses. :-) E-mail me!

Heather in WI
12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
P.S. I was told that you can obtain a voter list from the state elections board. This list costs -- dependent on the number of voters on the list.

~Heather