PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Illinois, we did it!

Santana28
12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
As just received in my inbox:

This news is being release today:

RON PAUL CAMPAIGN FILES

MORE THAN 24,500 DELEGATE PETITION SIGNATURES

FOR THE ILLINOIS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 5, 2007

CHICAGO - The Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee filed more than 24,500 delegate petition signatures in Springfield Tuesday to secure positioning on Illinois ' February 5 Republican primary election ballot. Signatures submitted on behalf of the slate, which includes representatives of all 19 Illinois congressional districts, amount to more than twice the minimum required statewide.

Tuesday's action follows the campaign's filing last Wednesday of 5,000 candidate signatures to place Ron Paul himself on the ballot. For successfully meeting the early deadline, the Ron Paul campaign is eligible to participate in a lottery with three others for top ballot position.

"Filing signatures in these numbers is yet another strong indicator of the level of enthusiasm Republican primary voters across Illinois have for Dr. Paul and his candidacy," remarked Joe Cesarone, Illinois Campaign Coordinator for Ron Paul 2008.

"Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity is rapidly spreading in Illinois and throughout the country; we fully expect a strong showing on February 5."

Fifty-seven of Illinois' 70 delegates to the Republican National Convention will be directly elected in the Illinois ' "Super Tuesday" primary.

Ron Paul, a 10-term congressman from Texas, is running on a platform of limited government and individual liberty. In August, he captured nearly 19 percent of the vote at the first-ever Illinois Republican Straw Poll held at the state fair in Springfield. Last month, Dr. Paul was one of the first candidates to open a campaign office in Illinois , in northwest suburban Arlington Heights.

WAY TO GO!!

Cindy
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Waaaaahooooooooo Waaaaaaaay Tooooo Go!!!!!!!
Execellent work Illinois!!!!

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Great Job guys. I've gotten signatures for my states, its not easy! GOOD WORK!

ASayre
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Signatures submitted on behalf of the slate, which includes representatives of all 19 Illinois congressional districts, amount to more than twice the minimum required statewide.

Tuesday's action follows the campaign's filing last Wednesday of 5,000 candidate signatures to place Ron Paul himself on the ballot. For successfully meeting the early deadline, the Ron Paul campaign is eligible to participate in a lottery with three others for top ballot position.

Crossing my fingers for the top ballot position!

davidhperry
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Awesome - thanks for pulling it off! The Illinois stuff was really getting down to the wire and had a lot of people nervous.

freelance
12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Congratulations!

rollingpig
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
awesome!!

Dorfsmith
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
You guys are awesome! Great news :cool:

JoshLowry
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Good work!

No time to rest, keep it up. :D

shepburn
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes! Getting signatures is a very difficult and time consuming process.

Like Illinois, Virginia has a very strict policy about who is allowed to run. VA requires 10,000 signatures. So far have about 14,000, but the goal is 18,000. We have until monday to accomplish this goal.

So hopefully we'll be celebrating with illinois Shortly!

Cleaner44
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Fantastic! My old home state.

Kingfisher
12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Great!!!

speciallyblend
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
sweet:)

qwerty
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Awesome!!!!!

:D

Midnight77
12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Congratulations, Illinois. Great work, gang.

Nyte
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow that's wonderful news! Way to Go! :D

Mandrik
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats!

d991
12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Fantastic!!!!
He's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya!

polomertz
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
you think Ron Paul can play quarterback too?

billjarrett
12-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Do you guys have to do it by districts in VA? Thats what we had to do in IL, and it sucked. I forget the equation they used, but I think it was something like signatures from half a percent of registered voters in the district.

So, we had to run two petitions, one for Ron Paul and one for the delegates in that district. I live near a district border, so if I went one mile east it was a different delegate petition. And as for hitting up the people at work, just in my little cube area we had people from four different districts >.<

On top of that, they supposedly go through the petitions with a fine tooth comb to make sure they are registered voters at the address listed on the petition and that the signatures match. Anything slightly illegible is also thrown out from what I hear.

Spirit of '76
12-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Good work, Fighting Illini!

shepburn
12-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Do you guys have to do it by districts in VA? Thats what we had to do in IL, and it sucked. I forget the equation they used, but I think it was something like signatures from half a percent of registered voters in the district.

So, we had to run two petitions, one for Ron Paul and one for the delegates in that district. I live near a district border, so if I went one mile east it was a different delegate petition. And as for hitting up the people at work, just in my little cube area we had people from four different districts >.<

On top of that, they supposedly go through the petitions with a fine tooth comb to make sure they are registered voters at the address listed on the petition and that the signatures match. Anything slightly illegible is also thrown out from what I hear.

In Virginia, we had to get 400 signatures in each of 11 districts. This equaled 4400. We also had to get 5600 at large signatures. This totals to 10,000. Our rules seemed to be equally as insane as Illinois, but the good news is is that we are very close!

Naraku
12-05-2007, 04:44 PM
This is some great news, together with what's going with West Virginia and the poll from Colorado. It's amazing.

axiomata
12-05-2007, 05:51 PM
The Rose Bowl, petition signatures ... it doesn't get much better than this!

runningdiz
12-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Great job! Is there any state ballot Ron will struggle to get on?

Wyurm
12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Yay for us. Congratulations to all the other Illinois petitioners, I know I for one am breathing easier now that this part is over.

Arklatex
12-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Talk about style! Wow, more commendable work by Ron Paul Republicans. :):)

Badger Paul
12-05-2007, 09:35 PM
And just think, all the whining, bitching and hand wringing and attacking the national campaign from some people around here about we weren't going to make the Illinois ballot....

Well the job got done because instead people got off their computers and acted!

This is your camapaign. Remember that. What you put into is what you get out of it.

Cowlesy
12-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Most important post I've read all day.

GREAT. JOB. ILLINOIS FOLKS!

sunghoko
12-06-2007, 10:03 AM
while Paul failed to file a maximum number of delegate candidates in the 8th Congressional District oh well. good job to all

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-filing_06dec06,1,6476577.story

Alan Keyes, Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado did not make it

all J's in IL for RP
12-08-2007, 10:51 PM
This info was gathered by the Trib from the state board of elections website, which evidently entered the data incorrectly. RP will have delegates on the ballot in all congressional districts, including the 8th.

axiomata
12-08-2007, 11:14 PM
This info was gathered by the Trib from the state board of elections website, which evidently entered the data incorrectly. RP will have delegates on the ballot in all congressional districts, including the 8th.
That is very good to hear. Thanks for the update.

tekkierich
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Good Job Illinois. Start campaigning for those districts!

tamor
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
John Hoover

---------- Forwarded message ----------

(Thanks to Lisa Wogan for these meeting minutes. She wrote them up right away - the delay in sending them out was my fault).

-joe

Ron Paul 2008

IL State Conference Call

12/12/07 Minutes

PETITIONS RECAP:

- Ron Paul submitted a full slate of delegates in every congressional district for the IL Republican primary. His petitions were not challenged.

OFFICES:

- Grand opening for the Chicago office (3168 N. Lincoln Ave.) to be held Monday, 12/17/07 from 6-9 p.m. All are welcome.

- Proposal submitted to national HQ for an office in DuPage Co. (Downers Grove)

- Proposals to be submitted for offices in Carbondale and Edwardsville in Southern IL

- Researching Bloomington and Peoria office space

Materials Update:

- Distribution has improved. New warehouse is dedicated to serving state coordinators. Temporarily out of wire yard sign stands.

Get-Out-The-Vote Report:

- We have more than 7,500 statewide RP supporters who registered with the national website.

- Technology and database are being put in place so local volunteers can access info on voters in their precincts. Should be complete in a week or so.

- Precinct captain training will commence quickly after that. Scott will conduct training sessions at our offices around the state. Area leaders will be able to access electronic data from home.

- National campaign will begin robo-calling and targeted mailings in IL. Also considering mailing info. on voting for RP delegates in specific districts.

- Continue targeted outreach: churches, pro-life groups, natural food stores, gun shows, etc.

- Please forward to Joe the address of any Republican offices in your area in order that we can send RP information to display there.

- Have new Ron Paul supporters register at the official RonPaul2008 website so they are included in volunteer database. Also send contact info. to Joe.

- View the very informative four-part grassroots training video series on the RonPaul2008 website conducted by the man who's helped RP win his Texas district several times over. Our Mission until Feb. 5: Locate and turn out the vote for Ron Paul. He lays out specific steps for doing that, which Scott Bludorn will tailor for our particular state. On the RonPaul2008 homepage, click "Get Involved," then "Training Videos." These will help volunteers prepare for our efforts ahead.

Publicity Report:

- Working with Daily Herald chain (NW suburban Chicago) on article re. IL RP supporters volunteering in Iowa

- Please inform volunteers and potential IL supporters about the IL Page of the RonPaul2008 campaign website . We post local campaign news, info. on grassroots activities, etc. There is a large file of past RP IL press coverage. Going forward, we will post important updates for volunteers on our get-out-the-vote efforts for the Feb. 5 primary. Please ask volunteers to check regularly for updates. Also submit photos and info. to Lisa about upcoming or past events for possible inclusion.

-Continue to publicize your Meetup activities to your local media/write letters to ed./call into radio shows

- Contact Lisa if you'd like media contacts in your area.

- Join the Greater Chicago Meetup if you have not already done so. Important campaign info. often gets posted there first.

- Bloomington area volunteers have purchased and will run American Liberty Coalition PAC commercials in Central IL. ALC has a nice selection of radio and TV spots for sale. Visit http://www.alcpac.com/ for more info.

--
Joe Cesarone
Illinois Coordinator, Ron Paul 2008
www.RonPaul2008.com

tamor
12-16-2007, 03:25 PM
bump