PDA

View Full Version : each Mexican farmworker family costs the taxpayers 1/2 to 1 million dollars

cindy25
07-07-2015, 01:38 AM
a family, man and woman each 30, with a couple of children enters the USA. they have 2 more children.

they get Medicaid for 30 years, then Medicare. and food stamps. and free school lunches. housing subsidies. Obama phones. the children get Pell grants if they attend college. their Medicare tax, even if they work for 35 years, covers only a small part of the cost of elderly medical care.

it adds up. $10,000 a year is conservative.

the problem is not the few rapists. its the many who are here for cheap labor.

maybe there should be a tax where employers (Wal-Mart, agri-biz) have to pay the cost of benefits of their employees

tod evans
07-07-2015, 03:08 AM
Nope, more government is never the answer, eliminating government freebies is the only realistic answer.

squarepusher
07-07-2015, 03:13 AM
omgg!!!!!!!!! someone call congress!

a family, man and woman each 30, with a couple of children enters the USA. they have 2 more children.

they get Medicaid for 30 years, then Medicare. and food stamps. and free school lunches. housing subsidies. Obama phones. the children get Pell grants if they attend college. their Medicare tax, even if they work for 35 years, covers only a small part of the cost of elderly medical care.

maybe there should be a tax where employers (Wal-Mart, agri-biz) have to pay the cost of benefits of their employees

tangent4ronpaul
07-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Over how many years?

Think you are full of it. These ppl know how to live cheap.

Suzanimal
07-07-2015, 03:41 AM
How much do the politicians cost the American taxpayer? Now those are figures I would be interested in seeing.

phill4paul
07-07-2015, 04:59 AM
How much do the politicians cost the American taxpayer? Now those are figures I would be interested in seeing.

^^^ Truth.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/sources/transparent2.gif

Ronin Truth
07-07-2015, 05:45 AM
I think I'll just take 7 of the 1/2 million ones, to go. ;) :D

AuH20
07-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Third world workers have first world quality of life costs.

juleswin
07-07-2015, 07:42 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Bill-Lumberg-Uh-Yeah-Office-Space.gif

Zippyjuan
07-07-2015, 11:09 AM

Illegal workers are not eligible for Medicare, medicaid, or food stamps or Social Security or Pell Grants. If they are citizens, they have the same rights and taxes as all other citizens.

Are you supporting ObamaCare?

tod evans
07-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Illegal workers are not eligible for Medicare, medicaid, or food stamps. If they are citizens, they have the same rights as all other citizens.

That doesn't preclude them from obtaining free healthcare in the ER or taking advantage of the various food banks available.

The medical care still comes out of the consumers pocket in increased costs the food I don't know but somebody is paying for it.....

AuH20
07-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Illegal workers are not eligible for Medicare, medicaid, or food stamps or Social Security. If they are citizens, they have the same rights and taxes as all other citizens.

Their children are..................

AuH20
07-07-2015, 11:16 AM
That doesn't preclude them from obtaining free healthcare in the ER or taking advantage of the various food banks available.

The medical care still comes out of the consumers pocket in increased costs the food I don't know but somebody is paying for it.....

When you get charged $1800 for the application of 5 stitches on your head, WE KNOW WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING..................... LOL

tod evans
07-07-2015, 11:30 AM
When you get charged $1800 for the application of 5 stitches on your head, WE KNOW WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING..................... LOL

Last sutures I needed closed a saw kickback to my cheek that you could see teeth through...:eek:

$300.00 cash to the Amish clinic up the road a bit, 16 subcutaneous and 12 topical......I removed 'em myself.....'02 maybe?

Zippyjuan
07-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Their children are..................

If they are citizens.

Zippyjuan
07-07-2015, 11:34 AM

That covers all poor and uninsured. Immigration status is not the issue there.

tod evans
07-07-2015, 11:46 AM
That covers all poor and uninsured.

Of course it does...

Why not mandate free stuff for those unable to get here to collect it too?

Oh wait..........

RonPaulMall
07-07-2015, 01:26 PM
If they are citizens.

Unfortunately, with birthright citizenship, they are citizens. The idea that importing tens of millions of landscapers and pool cleaners is somehow going to be a net economic positive for United States in the long run is the most idiotic of the unquestioned yet utterly implausible "truths" of the mainstream political class. Yeah, if we completely eliminated the welfare state maybe it wouldn't matter as much, but the people who advocate this mass migration don't even believe in reducing the welfare state!

AuH20
07-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately, with birthright citizenship, they are citizens. The idea that importing tens of millions of landscapers and pool cleaners is somehow going to be a net economic positive for United States in the long run is the most idiotic of the unquestioned yet utterly implausible "truths" of the mainstream political class. Yeah, if we completely eliminated the welfare state maybe it wouldn't matter as much, but the people who advocate this mass migration don't even believe in reducing the welfare state!

Anyone who believes this fable is an idiot. Mexico would be the crown jewel of the planet if this hairbrain theory was true. However, if you were magically were able to get rid of property taxes, socialized healthcare, public education and corporate welfare in this country, the negative impact of illegal immigration would be minimal.

The Free Hornet
07-07-2015, 03:40 PM

You're proposing a minimum wage like scheme without rectifying the underlying issues that cause your concern (hint, it isn't immigration). Please read or re-read Henry Hazlitt's most excellent, Economics in One Lesson. Available for free here and elsewhere:

fee.org/resources/detail/economics-in-one-lesson-2 (http://fee.org/resources/detail/economics-in-one-lesson-2)
(pdf and audio book)

Consider when he uses the word "relief" as a better way to do the minimum wage (or to accomplish its stated goals which, typically, are not the goals of the puppetmasters, the ones pulling your strings too IMO). Or stated differently, a less harmful way to do a stupid thing.

Some - a few only IMO - have fallen into the trap of believing that the productive forces of this country are subsidized by the unproductive forces.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW20EMJr6o4

tod evans
07-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Hey the prison industrial complex is lovin' life;

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ACCOUNTED FOR NEARLY 37 PERCENT OF FEDERAL SENTENCES IN FY 2014

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/07/illegal-immigrants-accounted-for-nearly-37-percent-of-federal-sentences-in-fy-2014/

While illegal immigrants account for about 3.5 percent of the U.S population, they represented 36.7 percent of federal sentences in FY 2014 following criminal convictions, according to U.S. Sentencing Commission data obtained by Breitbart News.

According to FY 2014 USSC data, of 74,911 sentencing cases, citizens accounted for 43,479 (or 58.0 percent), illegal immigrants accounted for 27,505 (or 36.7 percent), legal immigrants made up 3,017 (or 4.0 percent), and the remainder (about 1 percent) were cases in which the offender was either extradited or had an unknown status.

Broken down by some of the primary offenses, illegal immigrants represented 16.8 percent of drug trafficking cases, 20.0 percent of kidnapping/hostage taking, 74.1 percent of drug possession, 12.3 percent of money laundering, and 12.0 percent of murder convictions.

One GOP aide expressed shock at the numbers, emailing Breitbart News, “These statistics blew me away, and they blow a hole through the oft-repeated line that people only want to come to America to work. It’s tragic so few politicians are willing even to acknowledge the true extent of this problem, but until more do, more Americans will keep getting harmed.”

The USSC data only deals with federal offenders sentenced under the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984 (SRA) and does not include other categories like state cases, death penalty cases, or “cases initiated but for which no convictions were obtained, offenders convicted for whom no sentences were yet issued, and offenders sentenced but for whom no sentencing documents were submitted to the Commission.”

The data does include immigration violations, of which illegal immigrants represented by far the greatest number of cases: 91.6 percent, or (20,333 cases), out of a total 22,204 cases.

Eliminating all immigration violations, illegal immigrants would account for 13.2 percent of all the offenders sentenced in FY14 following federal criminal convictions — still greater than the 3.5 percent of the population illegal immigrants are said to make up.

r3volution 3.0
07-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Welfare spending per immigrant is lower than welfare spending per native-born citizen.

...primarily because immigrants (a) tend to be younger and (b) aren't eligible for certain categories of freeshit.

tod evans
07-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Welfare spending per immigrant is lower than welfare spending per native-born citizen.

...primarily because immigrants (a) tend to be younger and (b) aren't eligible for certain categories of freeshit.

Would it be acceptable to deport native born welfare recipients then?

Better yet how about government employees, deport those tax sucking bastards!

r3volution 3.0
07-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Would it be acceptable to deport native born welfare recipients then?

Better yet how about government employees, deport those tax sucking bastards!

Works for me..

Pericles
07-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Texas spends about $10K per student in public school per year. With pre-K, figure a 14 year education in the public schools in a $140K investment in a resident. In a state without an income tax, one has to contribute a fair amount of sales taxes to make up that investment. People here illegally, tend not to have the types of jobs that pay back the investments made in them.

fisharmor
07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
If they are citizens, they have the same rights and taxes as all other citizens.

This idea is STILL showing up on this site? Don't we all know better at this point?

IF the rights of an individual are contingent on his possessing citizenship,
THEN the "rights" in question are entirely at the discretion of the state granting that citizenship,
and THEREFORE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN INHERENT RIGHT, because that right can be simply taken away for whatever reason the state deems right.

Either that, or you're insinuating that fundamental human rights exist... but immigrants are not fundamentally human.

I can't speak for Zippy, but there are plenty of people that get caught believing that they aren't... and for some reason are never called out on it.

Ender
07-08-2015, 01:34 PM
This idea is STILL showing up on this site? Don't we all know better at this point?

THEN the "rights" in question are entirely at the discretion of the state granting that citizenship,
and THEREFORE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN INHERENT RIGHT, because that right can be simply taken away for whatever reason the state deems right.

Either that, or you're insinuating that fundamental human rights exist... but immigrants are not fundamentally human.

I can't speak for Zippy, but there are plenty of people that get caught believing that they aren't... and for some reason are never called out on it.

Spot on.

fisharmor
07-08-2015, 01:34 PM
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ACCOUNTED FOR NEARLY 37 PERCENT OF FEDERAL SENTENCES IN FY 2014

I suppose you're now going to claim that our "legal system" doesn't allow people with lots of money to just get out of the charges they've been saddled with... and that people who came here with a shirt on their back and nothing else are fully capable of mounting an adequate legal defense.

RonPaulMall
07-08-2015, 03:12 PM

If Private Property Rights existed, unbridled Third World Immigration wouldn't exist because property owners for the most part wouldn't offer an invitation for them to live here. You can debate the theoretical "what is the least worst option" when dealing with a non-libertarian world, but there is a practical reality to the debate that young libertarian purists sometimes seem to forget and that is that people don't give a shit about "theory" when their neighborhoods are being destroyed and they are forced to move. I live in Miami. I like it here well enough because I'm not married and don't have kids but when I do, I'll have to move because you can't raise children down here. Now, for me specifically that's no big deal since Miami was a hell hole in terms of raising kids long before I moved here, but that wasn't always the case. Up until the 1960's and even in to the 70's a bit, South Florida was a relatively normal middle class place where you could get married, buy a house, and raise a family. But unbridled third world immigration changed that.

Now you can sit here and say, "well, people can just move" but that isn't a winning argument since people who grow up in an area and choose to stay there tend to get an attached to it and don't want to move. And though America is a big place, eventually we will run out of places to which we can flee.

That is why the Hans-Hermann Hoppe position on immigration is the only viable position from a political standpoint.

tod evans
07-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I suppose you're now going to claim that our "legal system" doesn't allow people with lots of money to just get out of the charges they've been saddled with... and that people who came here with a shirt on their back and nothing else are fully capable of mounting an adequate legal defense.

Not at all, I'm fully cognizant of the pitfalls of the "Just-Us" system..

Did ya' miss this?

Hey the prison industrial complex is lovin' life;

XNavyNuke
07-09-2015, 06:05 PM

But think how expensive everyone's radishes and carrots would be if we didn't have illegals picking the crops!!!

XNN