PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT* Can we raise $100 by tomorrow (Dec. 6th) to reach hundreds of Iowans?

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
From what I've heard, the biggest thing we need in Iowa are boots on the ground canvassing (and handwritten letters help :D). That's why I decided to go to Iowa to help between Christmas and the caucus. The biggest expense I have is the plane ticket, so I set up a (relatively) small ChipIn. Unfortunately, it's only raised $10 (btw: thanks, hopeforamerica! :)).

I need to get the ticket ASAP, so I set a little goal. I need to raise $100 by tomorrow, Dec. 6, at noon (EST). If I do, then I will feel comfortable charging it to a credit card (I'd love to get assistance past that, though...the last thing a college kid needs is mounds of debt). If not, then I doubt I'll be able to make it to Iowa. :(

So, if you have anything to contribute, please think about helping. There are around 700 people on these forums right now. If everyone gave $0.15, I'd hit $100 easily.

Here's the ChipIn:

http://anthonyrosequist.chipin.com/plane-ticket-to-iowa

Thanks!

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
*bump*

Man....threads fall off so quickly. :(

Exarel
12-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Since i can't go myself, i just donated the 100 dollars you need. What you are doing is very helpful to the campaign, thanks alot for it. Just 1-2 more people match my contribution and we can get this guy comfortably on the ground for us :)

ggibson1
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Since i can't go myself, i just donated the 100 dollars you need. What you are doing is very helpful to the campaign, thanks alot for it. Just 1-2 more people match my contribution and we can get this guy comfortably on the ground for us :)

Great Teamwork!

tsetsefly
12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
bump

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM

:eek: OMG! Thank you so much. I've felt really bad, because this is the 3rd thread I've made about it. I don't want to be spamming, but I wanted to at least get the word out.

I'll get the tickets immediately, and I should probably sleep a couple of nights outside so I can get used to the cold. :)

This is insanely corny, but I want to send you a Christmas card to thank you for your efforts. :p If you don't care (I understand if you do), PM (or e-mail) me your address. If you don't, you're still getting an e-Christmas-card to your inbox, so don't think you can avoid it! :)

Thank you so much again. You made my week much better!

angrydragon
12-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Take pictures.

szczebrzeszyn
12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Good luck tonyr, keep us informed.

TechnoGuyRob
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Bump.

Someone get this guy a plane!

krott5333
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Bump.

Someone get this guy a plane!

someone already has!

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Take pictures.

No doubt - I used to have a flickr account ages ago. The only places I've lived have been SW Missouri and NW Arkansas, and there's not much political action around here (except for RP Meetups, of course :D). It'll be nice to see how different the early states are.

Good luck tonyr, keep us informed.

Definitely. Thanks for the encouragement.

HazardPerry
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey tonyr I'll be up there with you, going to pack up the Jetta Diesel and truck it all the way from sunny Florida. Hope to see you there! :D

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey tonyr I'll be up there with you, going to pack up the Jetta Diesel and truck it all the way from sunny Florida. Hope to see you there! :D

That's awesome! Dang, that's a long drive. I was going to drive, but my Buick Park Avenue is close to 250,000 miles (a quarter of a million!), and when I got the oil changed today, they told me to keep an eye out for the rack and pinion. So....I decided against it. :)

Exarel
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
:eek: OMG! Thank you so much. I've felt really bad, because this is the 3rd thread I've made about it. I don't want to be spamming, but I wanted to at least get the word out.

I'll get the tickets immediately, and I should probably sleep a couple of nights outside so I can get used to the cold. :)

This is insanely corny, but I want to send you a Christmas card to thank you for your efforts. :p If you don't care (I understand if you do), PM (or e-mail) me your address. If you don't, you're still getting an e-Christmas-card to your inbox, so don't think you can avoid it! :)

Thank you so much again. You made my week much better!

You are the one doing the hard work man, no thanks needed. Please more people donate so he can do the hard work for us over there on the ground... bump!

McLane2007
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
The Chip-in shows he is still $145 short. So do you have the money you need to get to Iowa or no?

dsentell
12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
The Chip-in shows he is still $145 short. So do you have the money you need to get to Iowa or no?

I really don't see how he is going to get a round trip ticket for $140. If anyone can pitch in a little more for him, please do so!

T206
12-05-2007, 07:44 PM

Good job sir.

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 08:48 PM

The $285 that is on the ChipIn is what it costs to get to Iowa and back.

(off-topic: They charge $10 for a 9/11 tax. Wow.)

The problem I faced is that I was significantly short of the ticket price before I made this thread (I had $10. :)), but tickets were sparse. There were only 2 tickets left at the $285 price, so there was a sense of urgency.

I felt that, if I could reach $100, I would feel confident that I could get the rest of the money. I went ahead and purchased the plane tickets on my credit card today, after the uber-generous $100 earlier. As it stands, I still won't be able to pay it alone (especially since I'm missing 9 days of work), but I trust that I'll be able to scrape enough money together, through the ChipIn or other means.

If the ChipIn doesn't reach the full $285, I can do some extra work during the rest of my winter break. I can offer to shovel snow for people (if we get any down here :D) and do other things to raise the extra bit of money.

So.....I guess the bottom line is (sorry, I got side-tracked up there):

I need the full $285, but don't want to pressure anyone to sacrifice other things (like Tea Party money, Blimp money, or anything else you support). I could definitely use anything extra, if you're in the giving mood. :)

P.S. Thank you, Bill and the mystery $20 donor. I guarantee that you're making a good investment.

tonyr1988
12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I really don't see how he is going to get a round trip ticket for $140. If anyone can pitch in a little more for him, please do so!

You're right - plane tickets are pretty expensive (gas is gettin' there, though!).

Like he said, if anyone can pitch in, please help. Like I said earlier, there's no need to take from your other fundraisers, but if you have 5 extra bucks lying around, consider throwing them into the ChipIn. :)

tsetsefly
12-06-2007, 01:40 AM
bump

dsentell
12-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Tony,

I just donated $25 (the chipin does not seem to updating the amounts?!?). Hope that helps you out a little. Have you signed up with the campaign for free room and board?

Best of Luck in Iowa!

dsentell
12-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Bump for Project Tony in Iowa!

tonyr1988
12-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Tony,

I just donated $25 (the chipin does not seem to updating the amounts?!?). Hope that helps you out a little. Have you signed up with the campaign for free room and board?

Best of Luck in Iowa!

Thanks! Yeah, for some reason it hasn't shown up yet (on the "public" page or my little admin. thing). I'm not sure why - I know that the ChipIn site was down yesterday for a little bit. Maybe they're just having some tech. problems.

And yes, I RSVPed through the campaign, and Jeff Frazee said it was confirmed. *gets giddy with excitement*

tonyr1988
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Tony,

Best of Luck in Iowa!

hmmm......still no update. Is anyone else having problems with ChipIn?

beerista
12-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Let's get a volunteer to Iowa. How about a little something for the effort, folks?

Just sent a small contribution. Wish it could be more. Wish I could go. Do us proud.

P.S. Mine seems to have updated.

tonyr1988
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Let's get a volunteer to Iowa. How about a little something for the effort, folks?

Just sent a small contribution. Wish it could be more. Wish I could go. Do us proud.

P.S. Mine seems to have updated.

Thanks a ton. For me, that's a large contribution - if more people would contribute half of that, it would make a huge difference (not just for me, but other ChipIns for getting people on the ground).

Iowa's definitely looking better for us!

chinaCat
12-07-2007, 01:46 PM
why dont people hitchhike anymore, its much safer than people think. digihitch.com is fun to read.

DaneKirk
12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I pitched in a little. I send my regards from Incirlik AB, Turkey. Ron Paul has friends among all of us deployed aircrew here. I wish I could be back home to help. Good Luck!