PDA

View Full Version : Suspect in San Francisco murder was deported five times

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-04-2015, 03:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/san-francisco-killing-suspect-immigrant-deported/index.html

San Francisco (CNN)Kate Steinle was walking on a busy pier in San Francisco with her father when there was a single popping sound in the air.

She fell to the ground, struck by a bullet, the victim of what police say appears to be a random killing.
The man accused of firing the deadly shot -- 45-year-old Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez -- is an undocumented immigrant, a repeat felon who has been deported five times to Mexico, according to immigration officials.
It would have been six, a federal law enforcement source told CNN, except authorities in San Francisco wanted him on a drug-related warrant.
So U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which had Lopez-Sanchez in its custody in March after his release from federal prison, turned him over to San Francisco deputies. ICE said they requested an immigration detainer, asking that the agency be notified before Lopez-Sanchez was released.
But San Francisco is a city that doesn't honor such requests and the sheriff's department released him. Freya Horne, chief legal counsel to the San Francisco County Sheriff, told CNN that he was let go because there was no legal cause to detain the suspect.
On Wednesday evening, he shot the 31-year-old Steinle at Pier 14 once in her upper body, according to police. He was found about a mile away an hour later and arrested. CNN could not determine on Friday if he has an attorney.
Family: She was loving, smart, beautiful

Steinle's father told the San Francisco Chronicle there was one pop and his daughter fell to the ground.
Video shows several people trying to help the young woman."She just kept saying, 'Dad, help me, help me,'" Liz Sullivan, the victim's mother, told CNN affiliate KRON (http://kron4.com/).
Steinle, a medical device salesperson, died at San Francisco General Hospital. Sullivan said her heart stopped twice on the way to the hospital and she died during surgery.
"She fought for her life," Sullivan said. "They said how strong she was but they just couldn't save her."
Family members called her loving, smart and beautiful. Her cousin said she loved her mother and father "more than anything."
Several of the dozen or more people on the pedestrian pier took photos of the suspect and showed them to police.
Suspect had seven felony convictions

ICE said it turned Lopez-Sanchez over to San Francisco authorities on March 26 for an outstanding drug warrant. The agency requested an immigration detainer, but Horne said San Francisco officials believe that violates Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.
The sheriff's office said, "When Mr. Lopez-Sanchez was booked into the jail, there was no active Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) warrant or judicial order of removal for him."
The department would have returned Lopez-Sanchez if there had been a court order or warrant, it said.
Charges were dropped March 27 but Lopez-Sanchez was held until April 15 while the sheriff's office determined there were no other warrants for his arrest and he had completed his federal prison sentence.
According to KRON, San Francisco's policy on undocumented immigrants "states that a law enforcement official shall not detain an individual on the basis of a civil immigration detainer after that individual becomes eligible for release from custody."
The federal law enforcement source told CNN the sheriff's department "didn't even need to hold him. They simply could have notified that they were going to release him and we would have gotten him."
Police said Lopez-Sanchez last lived in Texas, where he was on probation. ICE said Lopez-Sanchez has seven felony convictions, four for drug offenses. His most recent deportation was in 2009.
He was released from federal prison in March after serving several years for felony re-entry after deportation.
Lopez-Sanchez is in San Francisco County Jail and faces a homicide charge. ICE has requested another immigration detainer.

Ah, the wonders of diversity, mass immigration and practically nonexistent border enforcement!

Brian4Liberty
07-04-2015, 03:13 PM
This was a tragedy. Which flag should we ban to keep this from happening again?

Zippyjuan
07-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Maybe we need more cops and DHS agents. Or life without parole for drug related offenses. Then he could not have gotten out of jail. Or ban all guns. Or just Mexicans or people who look like they are from Mexico. We need more government to deal with this problem!

angelatc
07-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Law breakers gonna break.

I<3Liberty
07-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Edit: I now see the Yahoo! article.

Here is Trump's commentary: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3147942/Woman-randomly-shot-death-popular-San-Francisco-pier.html

Zippyjuan
07-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Nothing on Yahoo!? http://news.yahoo.com/woman-shot-death-busy-san-francisco-tourist-attraction-071710472.html OP was from liberal CNN.

Trump has said that all Mexicans are criminals and rapists. Sane people don't take him seriously. He is using (Mexican) race-baiting as a campaign issue. Even Fox distanced themselves from that. http://video.foxnews.com/v/4337004027001/backlash-to-donald-trumps-comments-on-mexican-immigrants/?#sp=show-clips

timosman
07-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Maybe we need more cops and DHS agents. Or life without parole for drug related offenses. Then he could not have gotten out of jail. Or ban all guns. Or just Mexicans or people who look like they are from Mexico. We need more government to deal with this problem!

We definitely need more United States Border Patrol interior checkpoints

Zippyjuan
07-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Bigger government it is then. We have double the border patrol we had when Obama took office. Net immigration from Mexico has been zero or less since 2007 (there are one million fewer in the US than back then). This is an isolated, terrible incident. A citizen is much more likely to kill somebody than an immigrant (even as a percent of their numbers). Banning citizens would be more effective in reducing homicides.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-04-2015, 04:05 PM
What we should do is re-implement the Eisenhower immigration controls and police the border effectively.

Zippyjuan
07-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Is the border being poorly policed if there are a million fewer illegal immigrants in the country than eight years ago? Is there some wave we need to be protected against? The real plan is to scare people into voting for them. "Vote for me or that could be your family!"
If there was a mass migration into the US going on and the crime rate from them was soaring, you may have a point. But serious crimes are at record low levels.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/10/violence-down-fbi/18808213/

Violent crime in U.S. continues decline
3:16 p.m. EST November 10, 2014

WASHINGTON -- Crime continued its sustained decline throughout much of the nation last year, according to the FBI.

Both violent crime and property offenses dropped at roughly the same rate -- slightly more than 4%--from 2012, the FBI's Uniform Crime Report found, part of a precipitous drop that began more than two decades ago.

Reductions in violent crime were registered in every category: murder was down 4.4%; ; robbery, 2.8%; aggravated assault, 5%; and rape, 6.3%, compared with 2012.

The 2013 report also marked the first time in more than eight d

http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/2013/09/PH-unauthorized-immigrants-1-01.png

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2013/09/23/population-decline-of-unauthorized-immigrants-stalls-may-have-reversed/

Number of Mexican illegal immigrants has fallen more. This next chart has since hit zero.

https://emn.gov.pl/dokumenty/zalaczniki/75/75-12911.png

timosman
07-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Is the border being poorly policed if there are a million fewer illegal immigrants in the country than eight years ago? Is there some wave we need to be protected against? The real plan is to scare people into voting for them. "Vote for me or that could be your family!"
If there was a mass migration into the US going on and the crime rate from them was soaring, you may have a point. But serious crimes are at record low levels.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/10/violence-down-fbi/18808213/

It would be interesting to know what the motive of the shooting was.

RandallFan
07-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Did this guy shoot a pretty white woman because La Raza and the hispanic media pumped an already mentally ill man with hate?

Central Americans are replacing Mexicans crossing the border.

If a relative few Mexicans have left it is because they self deported because of a bad economy. "Self-deportation" apparently doesn't work according to the same people saying there is no illegal immigration issue.

All that's coming from La Raza is brown pride supremacy and anti-white bigotry, all mainstream bigotry coming out of La Raza HQ and different mainline hispanic groups. "White people and black people are lazy and this homeless nutcase was picking fruit near downtown SF because white/black people are lazy." How many illegals are actually working in ag?

Fox News is globalist. They hate Trump on immigration and Rand on foreign policy. They don't like any candidate even Huckabee talking about abortion because it interferes with a goosestepping towards crony capitalism.

Zippyjuan
07-04-2015, 04:32 PM
It would be interesting to know what the motive of the shooting was.

None known so far but his previous arrests were drug related- not violent crimes.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Well, lets see, a criminal who is now a murderer was able to come back five fucking times, and it's estimated that only twenty percent of illegals crossing the border are apprehended. I wouldn't call that effective policing, but I guess in the land of the progs, twenty percent is a passing grade.

First of all, my opposition to immigration isn't predicated on their crime rates. There's much more important reasons to be against this shit. Secondly, any violent crime committed by an illegal is one that shouldn't have happened here. Over a quarter of inmates in California prisons are Mexican nationals, and the percentage is higher in a few other states. Those people do not need to be here; they're wasting taxpayer money, and clogging up our already overstuffed prisons. The only people who benefit to having those people in this country are lawyers and the prison-industrial complex.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2013/09/23/population-decline-of-unauthorized-immigrants-stalls-may-have-reversed/

Number of Mexican illegal immigrants has fallen more. This next chart has since hit zero.

There's still more illegals here than there was ten years ago, and we'll see what happens to the influx of immigrants when the US economy is "riding high" on a bubble again. Even if the number has peaked, and will never be over twelve million again, it's still far too many, and none of those numbers take into account their legions of anchor spawn.

twomp
07-04-2015, 05:22 PM
The only solution is to have more Americans picking crops, washing dishes and becoming janitors for 2 bucks an hour so when the Mexicans come here, they have no jobs! Come on everyone! Pick up a second job and save the country from these heathens!

Zippyjuan
07-05-2015, 03:00 AM
Also of note- about half of those presently in the country illegally entered legally- student visas, tourist visas, work visas, etc. and over-stayed. A 100% closed border does not stop them. Most illegal (and legal) immigrants coming today are not from Mexico or Latin America but from Asia.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-05-2015, 03:37 AM
Also of note- about half of those presently in the country illegally entered legally- student visas, tourist visas, work visas, etc. and over-stayed. A 100% closed border does not stop them. Most illegal (and legal) immigrants coming today are not from Mexico or Latin America but from Asia.
You're right, visas should be far more controlled and given out significantly less frequently than they are now. Immigration in this country has a lot more problems than the illegal invasion.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2015, 04:07 AM
The country was built by immigrants. Unless you are a Native American your ancestors were immigrants. Immigrants tend to have lower crime rates and have higher labor force participation rates (more likely to be working) than citizens. Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal benefits like Social Security, welfare, Medicare/ Medicaid or Obamacare.

paleocon1
07-05-2015, 06:32 AM

Or maybe just more CC'ers taking out the trash

ghengis86
07-05-2015, 06:36 AM
The country was built by immigrants. Unless you are a Native American your ancestors were immigrants. Immigrants tend to have lower crime rates and have higher labor force participation rates (more likely to be working) than citizens. Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal benefits like Social Security, welfare, Medicare/ Medicaid or Obamacare.

Yeah, and they came here through Ellis Island, did it the proper way, learned English and assimilated into the culture.

LibForestPaul
07-05-2015, 06:47 AM
Wonder how much federal and or state aid he was receiving?

AuH20
07-05-2015, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry to say. But street justice.

William Tell
07-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Trump has said that all Mexicans are criminals and rapists.

Actually, no, he didn't. I can't stand Trump, but he didn't say that.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," Trump said at his campaign kick-off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaz1J0s-cL4). "They're sending people that have lots of problems. And they're bringing those problems with us [sic]. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people."

AuH20
07-05-2015, 10:15 AM
What we should do is re-implement the Eisenhower immigration controls and police the border effectively.

They would just come back. If we took away the incentives, they wouldn't come back. I'd strip down the EMTALA, erase lingual aids and host of other no nonsense measures. America isn't a halfway house. Maybe an economic collapse wouldn't be a bad thing because it would send the hyphenated Americans back to their countries of origin & the people who want to stay here can rebuild. What's that Latin phrase about 'fire testing the gold'? Ignis aurum probat

euphemia
07-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Part of the problem is that the various law enforcement agencies are working at cross purposes to one another. This makes the situation one expensive epic fail.

alucard13mm
07-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Yeah, and they came here through Ellis Island, did it the proper way, learned English and assimilated into the culture.

Yep. 100 years ago, you could starve to death if you didnt assimulate and work. You may get help from church or charity, otherwise you are screwed. These days everyone gets free shit subsidized by middle class.

euphemia
07-05-2015, 02:34 PM
The country was built by immigrants.

Do you even know how big the Mayflower was? It was barely 80 feet long and 24 feet wide at the widest point. There were only 109 people on board. They could not bring much with them and left everything behind. They had to start from scratch, not knowing what was available for them to use.

And just for the record, my ancestors were not on the Mayflower, but arrived in 1633, so not long after. My dad was military and I was born overseas. That makes me about the closest thing we've had to an immigrant in almost 400 years.

Not to derail the thread, it aggravates me when people say we were built by immigrants. That is just not really the truth if you look at it in the context of some of the earliest settlers. My ancestors were natural born citizens since 1638, well before there was a Constitution.

CPUd
07-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Maybe this was also the guy who's been doing all the raping.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Do you even know how big the Mayflower was? It was barely 80 feet long and 24 feet wide at the widest point. There were only 109 people on board. They could not bring much with them and left everything behind. They had to start from scratch, not knowing what was available for them to use.

And just for the record, my ancestors were not on the Mayflower, but arrived in 1633, so not long after. My dad was military and I was born overseas. That makes me about the closest thing we've had to an immigrant in almost 400 years.

Not to derail the thread, it aggravates me when people say we were built by immigrants. That is just not really the truth if you look at it in the context of some of the earliest settlers. My ancestors were natural born citizens since 1638, well before there was a Constitution.

So those on the Mayflower were not immigrants, eh?

euphemia
07-05-2015, 04:37 PM
You can say that if you want. Being descended from an immigrant does not make one an immigrant, and it's hard to say a nation was built with 109 people. There was actually an earlier settlement in 1607, but they all died as far as anyone knows. My ancestors were almost certainly forced out of Scotland for religious reasons, so that kind of made them citizens of nowhere.

Dianne
07-05-2015, 05:08 PM

They do get food stamps, housing assistance and free instate college tuition. Obama is working now to include them on Obamacare ....... poor guys. That might even cause them to turn around and go back home.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Not eligible for food stamps (SNAP). College tuition is decided by states- not the Federal Government. http://www.snaptohealth.org/snap/snap-frequently-asked-questions/

Can undocumented immigrants use SNAP?

No. Undocumented immigrants are not (and never have been) eligible for SNAP benefits. Documented immigrants can only receive SNAP benefits if they have resided within the United States for at least five years (with some exceptions for refugees, children, and individuals receiving asylum).

tod evans
07-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Not eligible for food stamps (SNAP). College tuition is decided by states- not the Federal Government.

Where does the money come from and who is liable for default...

Who decides who gets government money is irrelevant.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2015, 05:40 PM
If an illegal immigrant is working with a fake social security card they are paying income taxes and Social Security taxes- and not eligible for any of the benefits. When they shop, they are paying sales taxes. If they rent a place to live, they are paying the property taxes of the property owner. Yes- they too pay taxes. When they spend the money they earn, that creates jobs for other people too.

Politicians do like to blame somebody for our troubles (it certainly isn't their fault) and they don't have to worry about illegal immigrants voting against them (something else they aren't eligible for). Makes them an easy target.

tod evans
07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
If an illegal immigrant is working with a fake social security card they are paying income taxes and Social Security taxes- and not eligible for any of the benefits. When they shop, they are paying sales taxes. If they rent a place to live, they are paying the property taxes of the property owner. Yes- they too pay taxes. When they spend the money they earn, that creates jobs for other people too.

Politicians do like to blame somebody for our troubles (it certainly isn't their fault) and they don't have to worry about illegal immigrants voting against them (something else they aren't eligible for). Makes them an easy target.

Drug dealers pay the same taxes but they're imprisoned when they're caught if they're citizens...

And what about the free medical? Automatic citizenship for birthing a foreigner in the US.

I'm sure there's more but it's really irrelevant, the way to cure the problem is to remove all federal money.

Let Ca. pay for them if they want, from their tax base not mine.

If you want 12 illegals working for you go for it but you foot the tab don't expect me to.

euphemia
07-05-2015, 06:23 PM
But the college tuition happens at schools that receive federal funding.

Elect me President. The first Monday after I take office, I will start the walk through the Department of Education. "Clean out your desks. You all are done here. Two weeks severance and benefits for 90 days. Buh bye."

Letter: "Dear States. Keep this much money and pay for your own problems. Teach the kids. If you choose to admit immigrants to your colleges at in-state tuition, you will face the taxpayers yourself."

tod evans
07-05-2015, 06:25 PM
But the college tuition happens at schools that receive federal funding.

Elect me President. The first Monday after I take office, I will start the walk through the Department of Education. "Clean out your desks. You all are done here. Two weeks severance and benefits for 90 days. Buh bye."

You're nicer than I'd be, there'd be no severance, no pensions and absolutely no rehires in any federal agency for 25 years.

tod evans
07-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Here ya' go Zippy;

http://employees.oneonta.edu/keelgl/immigration%20by%20state.gif

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Not eligible for food stamps (SNAP).

In practice, they're eligible for whatever some bureaucrat at the local federal building decides to give them. If the bureaucrats like giving money away to illegal aliens, they do it. There's very little policing of that stuff.

Ender
07-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Sorry, but as a Cherokee, I always find the hatred of "illegal" aliens a bit amusing. The country was populated by illegal aliens that took what was not theirs and have treated other so-called illegal aliens like crap every time a new influx of immigrants begins. The Irish were treated like animals, as well as the Chinese, Japanese, Eastern Europeans, you name it.

In 1578 Humphrey Gilbert, the author of a treatise on the search for the Northwest Passage, received a patent from Queen Elizabeth to colonize the "heathen and barbarous landes" in the New World which other European nations had not yet claimed. It would be five years before his efforts could begin. When he was lost at sea, his half-brother, Walter Raleigh, took up the mission. In 1585 Raleigh established the first British colony in North America, on Roanoke Island off the coast of North Carolina. It was later abandoned, and a second effort two years later also proved a failure. It would be 20 years before the British would try again. This time -- at Jamestown in 1607 -- the colony would succeed, and North America would enter a new era.

The answer is to welcome all (like that silly Statue of Liberty says), get rid of entitlements for ALL and go about our business.

P3ter_Griffin
07-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Sorry, but as a Cherokee, I always find the hatred of "illegal" aliens a bit amusing. The country was populated by illegal aliens that took what was not theirs and have treated other so-called illegal aliens like crap every time a new influx of immigrants begins. The Irish were treated like animals, as well as the Chinese, Japanese, Eastern Europeans, you name it.

The answer is to welcome all (like that silly Statue of Liberty says), get rid of entitlements for ALL and go about our business.

hear hear. I'll smoke a phatty for freedom.

AuH20
07-06-2015, 08:30 AM
And it just got worse............ Meanwhile, did I remind you that the confederate flag is bad?

http://abc7news.com/830325/

Barnard: "Why did you keep coming back to the U.S., why did you come back to San Francisco?"
Sanchez: "Because I was looking for jobs in the restaurant or roofing, landscaping, or construction."

Sanchez said he knew San Francisco was a sanctuary city where he would not be pursued by immigration officials.

euphemia
07-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Y'all know who represents this district in Congress, right? Nancy Pelosi.

If the federal government wants to play hardball with this, they need to pass emergency legislation to withdraw federal funding for anything within the sanctuary county of San Francisco. All federal funding. No school money at any level. No transportation money at any level. No funding at all. Let's see how that plays with Nancy and her posse.

Okay, Republican majority. Let's see what you've got.

euphemia
07-07-2015, 09:08 PM
You're nicer than I'd be, there'd be no severance, no pensions and absolutely no rehires in any federal agency for 25 years.

The department would close, so of course there would be no rehires. The next one to go would be the EPA.

My first year would go down in history as The Year of Repeal. Tax code, Obamacare, amnesty......

AuH20
07-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Y'all know who represents this district in Congress, right? Nancy Pelosi.

If the federal government wants to play hardball with this, they need to pass emergency legislation to withdraw federal funding for anything within the sanctuary county of San Francisco. All federal funding. No school money at any level. No transportation money at any level. No funding at all. Let's see how that plays with Nancy and her posse.

Okay, Republican majority. Let's see what you've got.

If Trump had any brains, he would bring up the photo of this Kate individual during the immigration portion of the debate. Shame the living hell out of these traitorous fucks. Make it personal and emotional. Take a page from the dem playbook and crush the hypocritical liars who call themselves Republicans.

Feeding the Abscess
07-07-2015, 09:53 PM
And it just got worse............ Meanwhile, did I remind you that the confederate flag is bad?

http://abc7news.com/830325/

'why are you here?'

'I'm looking for a job'

The horror, the horror.

AuH20
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
'why are you here?'

'I'm looking for a job'

The horror, the horror.

And so do the 6 billion other people that can't even get within a 300 mile radius of the U.S. borders. I bet I could bring over an immigrant from Sierra Leone that would put the Mexicans to shame.

ghengis86
07-07-2015, 10:02 PM
The gun he used had a serial number indicating it was a federal official's.

euphemia
07-07-2015, 10:13 PM
If Trump had any brains, he would bring up the photo of this Kate individual during the immigration portion of the debate. Shame the living hell out of these traitorous fucks. Make it personal and emotional. Take a page from the dem playbook and crush the hypocritical liars who call themselves Republicans.

Shame Pelosi, the mayor of SF, the President, the Attorney General, and anyone else who has a hand in this.

Feeding the Abscess
07-07-2015, 10:20 PM
And so do the 6 billion other people that can't even get within a 300 mile radius of the U.S. borders. I bet I could bring over an immigrant from Sierra Leone that would put the Mexicans to shame.

And you should be completely free to do so.

alucard13mm
07-07-2015, 10:21 PM
A six-time-deported illegal immigrant is charged in the felony hit-and-run of an Arizona mother and her two young children. The man allegedly admitted to being high on marijuana while causing the severe lacerations to a five-year-old boy. The five-year-old and a two-year-old were both taken to an area hospital.

Seems its not uncommon to be deported multiple times and be a criminal ;p..

enhanced_deficit
07-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Gun used in San Francisco killing belonged to federal agent, source saysBy Sara Sidner, Michael Pearson and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN

Updated 10:32 PM ET, Tue July 7, 2015

It wasn't immediately clear what federal agency the gun was tied to, how it ended up in the hands of the alleged shooter or whether the revelation about where the weapon came from would affect the case.
"It doesn't in terms of charging this defendant," CNN legal analyst Danny Cevallos said, "but it may mean that somebody else is going to be on the hook, and soon."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/san-francisco-killing/

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-08-2015, 12:39 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/san-francisco-killing/

The plot thickens.

tod evans
07-08-2015, 07:47 AM
The department would close, so of course there would be no rehires. The next one to go would be the EPA.

My first year would go down in history as The Year of Repeal. Tax code, Obamacare, amnesty......

No rehiring of those employees by any government agency......:o

I should practice being more articulate...

Valli6
07-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Gun stolen from federal agent's car very recently.

The gun used to kill a 32-year-old woman on San Francisco’s waterfront was stolen from a federal agent in a car burglary in June, sources close to the investigation said Tuesday.

The .40-caliber pistol was stolen from the agent not long before Kathryn Steinle was shot to death July 1 at Pier 14 on the Embarcadero, said one source, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about the case publicly.

Other sources said the weapon was apparently not the agent’s official gun. It was reported stolen in an auto burglary in the downtown area, they said….

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Gun-used-in-pier-killing-had-been-stolen-from-6371602.php

...Sanchez, a repeat felon who's been deported from the United States five times, claimed to have little memory of the fateful night, saying he'd taken sleeping pills he'd discovered in a dumpster before he ever stumbled across the gun. After the shooting, Sanchez kicked the gun into San Francisco Bay and walked away, allegedly unaware that he'd shot someone until police arrested him just hours later. He told officers he'd been shooting at sea lions....

http://www.people.com/article/san-francisco-shooter-used-federal-agents-gun-kill-woman

Other sources have him saying the gun just went off.

UPDATE FOX news reports that it was a BLM agent's gun!

UPDATE!

...Police Chief Greg Suhr said no one was assigned to investigate the June 27 break-in of a car belonging to a federal agent....

..Suhr did not explain why four days passed without the burglary being assigned, but on July 7 he issued a “department wide bulletin” reminding his officers of the process for determining “cases that require an immediate investigation.”…

...The car which was burglarized on June 27 belonged to a “U.S. Bureau of Land Management Ranger.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/07/10/sf-police-didnt-investigate-theft-of-fed-agents-gun-before-kathryn-steinles-murder/

tod evans
07-14-2015, 02:23 PM
WTF?

‘To who?’ DHS boss can’t say if admin reaching out to SF murder victim’s family

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/14/to-who-dhs-boss-cant-say-if-admin-reaching-out-to-sf-murder-victims-family/

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson could not say Tuesday whether the Obama administration was reaching out to the family of the young woman killed earlier this month on a San Francisco pier, allegedly by an illegal immigrant.

During a Capitol Hill hearing, the DHS secretary even sought clarification when questioned about the high-profile case.

Asked by Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio, if the administration had reached out to the Steinle family, Johnson initially said: "To who?"

Chabot clarified he was talking about Kathryn Steinle, 32, who was killed in San Francisco, allegedly by an illegal immigrant who had a lengthy felony record and had been deported several times before.

Asked again if the administration was reaching out, Johnson said: "I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that question, sir."

Chabot urged Johnson to check, and he said he would.

The Steinle family, though, maintains that nobody from the administration has reached out to them, ever since their daughter's death re-ignited a national debate over so-called sanctuary city policies and immigration enforcement. Murder suspect Francisco Sanchez had been in San Francisco custody but was released in April.

Speaking with Fox News' Megyn Kelly, Kathryn's brother Brad Steinle said "nobody" from the White House or administration has reached out.

"We have not heard a word," he said, adding: "I wish somebody would reach out to us."

But he said much of the blame lies with the city sheriff, who he said also has not contacted him.

"A lot of this lies on his shoulders," he said, explaining, "The system failed my sister in so many ways."

While Johnson told the House Judiciary Committee he'd check on Chabot's request, the DHS secretary stressed that he reaches out to every sheriff or police chief who has had a law enforcement officer die in the line of duty.