PDA

View Full Version : 4 DVD Combo Mailing

piotr1
12-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Folks, I want to mail my friends a 4 dvd combo pack.

I ordered these cases, http://supermediastore.com/cd-dvd-case-quad-4-disc-14mm-black.html

Each case holds 4 DVDS.

So far i'm thinking of including these DVDS in this order:
1) America Freedom to Fascism
2) Ron Paul: A Man For All Seasons
3) The Corporation
4) ?????????????? What else should i add?

cmc
12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Is one of those from http://www.ronpauldvd.com/ ?

Scott Wilson
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I think 4 DVD's is overkill.

While they all may contain excellent information, to the average person so much material will be overwhelming.

I would include a single DVD about Ron Paul and a couple of flyers.

This will prove more cost efficient and effective.

You could always use the other DVD's for those who show genuine interest in furthering their knowledge.

Right now we simply need to get the basic information into peoples hands so they can look at it in their own time and thus make their own decision.

I personally use the following (right click and save)...

Dear American Letter
http://files.meetup.com/593250/Dear%20American.doc
This letter appeals to the deep seated feelings of what it actually means to be an American.

Ron Paul's Strategy on Terrorism
http://files.meetup.com/593250/Ron%20Paul%27s%20Strategy%20on%20Terrorism.doc
This article explains the logic behind Ron Paul's non-interventionist intentions. It is very important to get this logic to voters as many people are not voting for Ron Paul simply because of his foreign policy. They simply believe the rhetoric that the U.S. has to be on the offensive and that it is better to deal with the problem overseas rather than at home.

I also attach a Ron Paul Slim Jim and I also hand out a copy of the Ron Paul DVD Project which can be downloaded and burned.
http://www.ronpauldvdproject.com/

piotr1
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Is one of those from http://www.ronpauldvd.com/ ?

Na, but i don't really like the ronpauldvd.com dvds. The quality isn't that good and the videos are small.

Ron Paul A man for all seasons is my favorite DVD about ron paul , it has all the good youtube videos like "A New Hope" in the extras. It needs to be updated but otherwise its really good.

akovacs
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Don't include the corporation. Sorry, but I've seen it and it's leftist nonsense. It also has absolutely nothing to do with Ron Paul.

I'd include the series "Free to Choose", or documentaries Fiat Empire, Money as Debt, War Made Easy, Why We Fight, etc. Those are good on his two major issues

piotr1
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Don't include the corporation. Sorry, but I've seen it and it's leftist nonsense. It also has absolutely nothing to do with Ron Paul.

I'd include the series "Free to Choose", or documentaries Fiat Empire, Money as Debt, War Made Easy, Why We Fight, etc. Those are good on his two major issues

Can you explain in more detail why you don't like the movie "The Corporation"?
I thought it explained how corporations came to be pretty well.

Also the other movies you listed, where can I download them online in DVD quality?

fletcher
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
If someone gave me The Corporation and Freedom to Fascism and associated them to Paul I wouldn't think twice about voting for him. It would be a major turnoff.

gracemonger
12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
How about "Why we fight"

kylejack
12-05-2007, 02:38 PM
The Corporation actually does make some good points about how corporations became de facto "persons" through law and court cases and RP does oppose personhood status for corporations, but in general, it is fairly leftist, and I wasn't too crazy about the production quality either. I'd replace The Corporation with Money Masters.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 02:38 PM
How about "Why we fight"

Thumbs up.

piotr1
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I just watched this trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcuStxJHv4c) of "Why we fight" on youtube, looks really good! I'll definitely use this one. I guess i'll order it on Amazon unless someone knows where i could download a DVD quality copy.

What about "Iraq for Sale"? I've got that one, should i replace "The Corporation" with it?

akovacs
12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
The Corporation actually does make some good points about how corporations became de facto "persons" through law and court cases and RP does oppose personhood status for corporation

Agree, but much of the whining in the movie isn't about that. It used government-sanctioned monopolies as a reason the corporation is evil (huh?). It did not talk about corporate subsidies or legal perks as well as them being granted monopolies by the state. There were many other things I found wrong with this, but I saw this like 3 years ago and forgot most of it.

I also did not follow the logic: By somehow taking away personhood status, everything will magically be better and the environment will be fixed.

Look, I'm not defending a fascist pro-business state like we have now, but the movie was just retarded. There are better ones I believe, though I've never watched them.

akovacs
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
piotr: Searching for Free to Choose will bring up a free stream site from the maker. You can also easily find it on youtube and bit torrent. I don't think there's a big legal issue with distributing that. Money As Debt is also in a similar situation I believe. Russo encouraged distribution of Freedom to Fascism before he died.

The rest of them are probably protected from illegal distribution, so I don't think you're going to find people posting links to them.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Agree, but much of the whining in the movie isn't about that. It used government-sanctioned monopolies as a reason the corporation is evil (huh?). It did not talk about corporate subsidies or legal perks as well as them being granted monopolies by the state. There were many other things I found wrong with this, but I saw this like 3 years ago and forgot most of it.

I also did not follow the logic: By somehow taking away personhood status, everything will magically be better and the environment will be fixed.

Look, I'm not defending a fascist pro-business state like we have now, but the movie was just retarded. There are better ones I believe, though I've never watched them.
Well, giving the corporation personhood status gives limited liability to the people operating the corporation. Ron Paul wants them to be fully accountable for decisions they make. You're right, though, the movie sucked and missed the mark in many respects.

akovacs
12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, giving the corporation personhood status gives limited liability to the people operating the corporation

You're right, and I don't really have a problem with changing that, but much of the time the "bad" stuff that corporations cause is government sanctioned and the personhood is just incidental. Government and business is too mixed and the relationship way too close. It's no surprise that governments bail them out. Personhood status would not change that, and that's the issue that leftists in that movie just don't get when they ask for MORE government involvement.

piotr1
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
You're right, and I don't really have a problem with changing that, but much of the time the "bad" stuff that corporations cause is government sanctioned and the personhood is just incidental. Government and business is too mixed and the relationship way too close. It's no surprise that governments bail them out. Personhood status would not change that, and that's the issue that leftists in that movie just don't get when they ask for MORE government involvement.

Ah! Good point! What would be a solution though?

kylejack
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Ah! Good point! What would be a solution though?
Corporations get away with stuff because they pay their agents in the government to get them subsidies, and exceptions, and government contracts. The way to fix it is to take this power away from government and restore constitutional limits on spending. If you check out Ron Paul on Open Secrets, you'll see he gets very little special interest money for his campaigns. This is because they know he believes in constitutional limits on spending, and that money can't be spent on subsidies.

akovacs
12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Separate the two as much as possible. Regulatory agencies almost always end up being overrun by people who they are supposed to regulate. Let's take drug companies. Before the FDA, if a company released a drug and it harmed people, you could sue them for damages. Now if a drug harms people, they are clear because the FDA approved it. They have a legal "out". The FDA has shown that it's willing to rubber stamp just about anything now.

That's only one example. One GREAT example is the ICC (Interstate Commerce Commission). If you read the history of it, you will see why regulation doesn't work. It was notoriously corrupt. Only after it was abolished did the situation improve drastically. The list of other agencies supposed to "protect" us goes on and on.

Perhaps related, switch to the "loser pays" system for tort law. There is nothing but incentive to sue people and it damages a lot of progress.

edit: Also what kylejack said. There's many backroom deals and no-bid contracts that give companies unfair advantages just because they know someone up high. It's not based on merit at all.

piotr1
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Wow excellent points kylejack and akovacs...

alright so i've got:
1) AFTF
2) Ron Paul: A man for all seasons
3) Why We Fight (2006)
4)

What do you guys think of the movie "Iraq for sale"?

kylejack
12-05-2007, 03:25 PM

alright so i've got:
1) AFTF
3) Why We Fight (2006)
4)

There's a better Iraq one called No End In Sight, but I doubt its out on DVD yet. Its so great.

akovacs
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd vote for something covering monetary policy like "Money As Debt" which talks about economic principles pretty well.

Are you trying to convert the guy over, or is he pretty interested and just wants more information?

piotr1
12-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd vote for something covering monetary policy like "Money As Debt" which talks about economic principles pretty well.

Are you trying to convert the guy over, or is he pretty interested and just wants more information?

I've got a whole range of friends and family i want to mail to. I'm just looking to try and get these people to wake up and realize our country is going down the tubes fast and that there's a lot they don't know. Hopefully these 4 dvds I mail to them can get them active and involved. Hopefully they will find the good doctor a cure to these problems as I have. 8)

akovacs
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd stick with economic policy. Something like Fiat Empire or Money Masters (Though it looks low budget). People do not realize how badly our economic situation is. There's also many many John Stossel specials that explain liberty and economics pretty well.

You could also do "Animal Farm" :P

piotr1
12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd stick with economic policy. Something like Fiat Empire or Money Masters (Though it looks low budget). People do not realize how badly our economic situation is. There's also many many John Stossel specials that explain liberty and economics pretty well.

You could also do "Animal Farm" :P

Yea i like money masters, i wish they would update it though and make a new version.

Animal Farm DVD got bad ratings on amazon... hehe

piotr1
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm just about to place an order on Amazon.com for Why We Fight and No End in Sight.

I'm a little hesitate about ordering Why We Fight thought because its by John McCain. It's got great reviews on Amazon, but..... McCain??? Are you guys sure this is a good movie?

kylejack
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm just about to place an order on Amazon.com for Why We Fight and No End in Sight.

I'm a little hesitate about ordering Why We Fight thought because its by John McCain. It's got great reviews on Amazon, but..... McCain??? Are you guys sure this is a good movie?

No, McCain is interviewed. He doesn't come off well in the movie. He comes off as part of the problem. Cheney calls him while he's being interviewed.

akovacs
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Why We Fight is good. I don't remember McCain's remarks, though I don't think it took away from the movie. I haven't seen "No End in Sight" yet.

piotr1
12-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Woot woot! I can't wait to get my dvds from Amazon! Thanks for the advice everyone!

terryhamel
12-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I like to introduce people that don't quite get it with the 30 min JBS video "Overview of America". It covers the types of government and shows there are only two: free and slave. Once they have a foundation for a free government, political issues become clearer.

piotr1
12-07-2007, 10:48 PM
So i got the DVDs today.

I found "No End in Sight" to be really good! It explains some of the courruption involved in the Iraq war also it talks about how the biggest mistake, besides going in, was disbanding the Iraq Army of over 100,000.

The Iraq Army did not resist the American Army at all and did as they were told and went home during the war. Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz seemed to be behind the decision to disband the army, which basically turned them into the insurgency we see today.

We could of had 100,000 loyal and well trained soldiers to help our in Iraq instead we set them loose to set and deploy IEDs against Americans because they lost their only source of income.

austin356
12-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I would not do this. Mixing Ron and fairly fringe issues movies turns off more than it gains.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 11:10 PM
The Corporation actually does make some good points about how corporations became de facto "persons" through law and court cases and RP does oppose personhood status for corporations, but in general, it is fairly leftist, and I wasn't too crazy about the production quality either. I'd replace The Corporation with Money Masters.

Well, but Dr. Paul does not agree with William Still on a number of issues. Still is pro fiat currency and we all know that Paul is not. Now, this one by the Mises Institute, he does agree with. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-466210540567002553&q=federal+reserve&total=2535&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 11:12 PM

alright so i've got:
1) AFTF
3) Why We Fight (2006)
4)

I would stay away from AFTF. It's way too much conspiracy for most folks and would likely turn them totally off. They don't need to be bombarded with all this to vote for Paul. Just stick to the basics.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I would not do this. Mixing Ron and fairly fringe issues movies turns off more than it gains.

+1000

piotr1
12-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I would stay away from AFTF. It's way too much conspiracy for most folks and would likely turn them totally off. They don't need to be bombarded with all this to vote for Paul. Just stick to the basics.

I've given out tons of AFTF in efforts to Promote Ron Paul and haven't gotten any negative comments yet. AFTF is pretty light on conspiracy in my opinion, i think its the perfect introduction to opening the mind.

Plus i actually came from the 9/11 investigation side so i'd say i'm doing pretty well in regarding to not mixing. 8)