PDA

View Full Version : Help! The State Is On My Doorstep

Paulbot99
07-02-2015, 05:44 PM
I have never been so livid in my life.

My mom is a hypochondriac. She has OCD, anxiety issues, and is obsessed with her health. She has a history of seeing doctor after doctor because she is convinced that she has something. Me and my brother live with her and our very old dad who is not aware of what people are saying half the time. And she managed to get a diagnosis of possible REM disorder.

Of course, she panicked and demanded to see her personal doctor over the phone immediately, but he had the day off. So she said something along the lines that she would be better off dead, etc.

Thanks to Illinois law, that means we get a visit from an ambulance, petty-tyrant EMT, and huge asshole petty tyrant police officer.

My brother, having a shorter temper, got in an argument with my mom and the nice officer and EMT. Words like "hostile environment" were thrown around and my brother was threatened with a demeanor while asserting his rights to speech. They naturally strong-armed my 90 year old dad to drive her to the hospital lest things turn ugly.

My mother in vengeful and not mentally sound with a huge grudge against my brother. My dad does not know what is going on. And they are in the State's hands with two State tyrants with a grudge against my brother for back-talking them.

It is enough for them.

Anti Federalist
07-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Welcome to freedom

Origanalist
07-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Tick tock.

Best of luck to you brother, I hope it de-escalates somehow.

The Northbreather
07-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Lawyer up.

Paulbot99
07-02-2015, 05:56 PM
We will not say anything without a lawyer, but my brother's temper cannot be restrained if they get him alone with a petty tyrant in blue with all the power in this world.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-02-2015, 06:01 PM
ergh this is why I hate going to doctors. They're not your friend. Say one wrong word...

Dianne
07-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Does your Mom have a brother or sister, reasonable and well spoken that can approach the powers to be, asking that she be discharged in their care, custody and control? Your brother needs to be totally out of the scene at this point. Is your Mom in good enough health to compose her own letter, asking to be discharged and returned to her family for care?

Paulbot99
07-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Does your Mom have a brother or sister, reasonable and well spoken that can approach the powers to be, asking that she be discharged in their care, custody and control? Your brother needs to be totally out of the scene at this point. Is your Mom in good enough health to compose her own letter, asking to be discharged and returned to her family for care?

No siblings.

She is in good health and is capable once she calms down.

Dianne
07-02-2015, 07:00 PM
No siblings.

She is in good health and is capable once she calms down.

I've been thinking about this in the past few minutes. I believe the only way you will get her out, under these circumstances, is to seek outside psychiatric help. Right now, the EMT and hospital fear a lawsuit in the event your Mother is released and commits suicide as she insinuated. They would then be facing a multi million dollar lawsuit. I think the only way you can get her out at this point, is if an outside psychiatrist signs off that she is under his or her care.

Paulbot99
07-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Well, things are settled for now.... Still pisses me off.

P3ter_Griffin
07-02-2015, 10:41 PM

Good to hear on both accounts.

Dianne
07-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Good to know things have settled down. I would seriously consider a free mental health clinic, if there is such a thing in your area. The State will be hard pressed to do the same type of forced hospitalization if she is seeing a Doctor every thirty days or so.

osan
07-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Move to Hell. It's a lot nicer than Ill-Annoy.

Paulbot99
07-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Good to know things have settled down. I would seriously consider a free mental health clinic, if there is such a thing in your area. The State will be hard pressed to do the same type of forced hospitalization if she is seeing a Doctor every thirty days or so.

I will have to look into that.

I hated the cop then. I am glad he didn't hear me call him a pig under my breath.

fisharmor
07-03-2015, 09:49 PM
I will have to look into that.

I hated the cop then. I am glad he didn't hear me call him a pig under my breath.

Just remember five things.

One, that cop has likely had several years of training killing other human beings on the other side of the world, wearing a different uniform.

Two, that cop has had a lot of training in not giving a shit about the fact that he killed all those people on the other side of the world.

Three, not you, not your mother, not your father, not your brother - none of you is any different in that cop's mind from those people he killed on the other side of the world.

Four, he could kill all four of you for no reason in broad daylight in a mall in front of sixty people and literally drink your blood in front of them, and nothing would happen to him afterward.

Five, he would not lose a wink of sleep about it.