PDA

View Full Version : Polygamous Montana trio applies for wedding license

William Tell
07-01-2015, 07:22 PM
HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man said Wednesday that he was inspired by last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage to apply for a marriage license so that he can legally wed his second wife.

Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine applied at the Yellowstone County Courthouse in Billings on Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage. Montana, like all 50 states, outlaws bigamy — holding multiple marriage licenses — but Collier said he plans to sue if the application is denied.

"It's about marriage equality," Collier told The Associated Press Wednesday. "You can't have this without polygamy."
County clerk officials initially denied Collier's application, then said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer, Collier said.

Officials at the clerk's office did not have an immediate comment, and Yellowstone County Attorney Scott Twito did not return a call for comment.

The Supreme Court's ruling on Friday made gay marriages legal nationwide. Chief Justice John Roberts said in his dissent that people in polygamous relationships could make the same legal argument that not having the opportunity to marry disrespects and subordinates them.

Collier, 46, said that dissent inspired him. He owns a refrigeration business in Billings and married Victoria, 40, in 2000. He and his second wife, Christine, had a religious wedding ceremony in 2007 but did not sign a marriage license to avoid bigamy charges, he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/polygamous-montana-trio-applies-wedding-license-193205283.html

enhanced_deficit
07-01-2015, 07:41 PM
"It's about marriage equality," Collier told The Associated Press Wednesday. "You can't have this without polygamy."
County clerk officials initially denied Collier's application, then said they would consult with the county attorney before giving him a final answer, Collier said.

Officials at the clerk's office did not have an immediate comment, and Yellowstone County Attorney Scott Twito did not return a call for comment.

The Supreme Court's ruling on Friday made gay marriages legal nationwide. Chief Justice John Roberts said in his dissent that people in polygamous relationships could make the same legal argument that not having the opportunity to marry disrespects and subordinates them.

Collier, 46, said that dissent inspired him. He owns a refrigeration business in Billings and married Victoria, 40, in 2000. He and his second wife, Christine, had a religious wedding ceremony in 2007 but did not sign a marriage license to avoid bigamy charges, he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/polygamou...193205283.html (https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/polygamous-montana-trio-applies-wedding-license-193205283.html)

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2015/07/01/NathanCollierFacebook_c0-231-650-609_s561x327.jpg?387a25f8168edbe0e41d29b024e5d1275 ee0b8d1
Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine

Although love is love, this is troubling developmemt and could unravel the whole institution of marriage as God intended. Such a case could cause current religiously diverse SCOTUS to be very confused while deliberating on equal rights for consenting adults.

A huge political crisis has just been born today.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d678b6011dd7033420856fe498316978/tumblr_mh1hhf9JAq1qk01jqo1_500.jpg

Related

Obama and Romney both come from a ancestry of polygamy
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obama-and-romney-both-come-from-a-ancestry-of-polygamy/2012/04/12/gIQA3TI8CT_story.html

Jerome Corsi: Obama's dad polygamist

(http://www.wnd.com/2008/03/59850/)

wizardwatson
07-01-2015, 07:42 PM
And next up, a Muslim man from America wishes to marry his child bride from Sudan where there is no marriage age limit. And it's a boy!

I mean, love always wins right?

Plus man-boy love has an illustrious history with some of the greatest minds in the world.

If the world wasn't so bigoted we sure could save a lot on legal fees.

P3ter_Griffin
07-01-2015, 07:42 PM
I think Nevada is before super tuesday, Rand should get behind this.

Wooden Indian
07-01-2015, 08:02 PM
When someone supports getting the Government OUT of our personal lives... yet fears a polygamist or gay couple getting married... I am left a little befuddled.
I do not morally support polygamy and I find homosexuality... well, icky. But, my morality and my "tastes" should not be made the law of the land in a free society, should it?

Let the guy have 2 wives. Hell, let him have 14 of em if they are willing brides of consenting age. Just don't come to me with your hand out asking for food stamps when you can't afford the family you chose. And be sure to find a Church or whatever you dig to marry you.

Just as I don't want impose myself into your beliefs, I expect you to return the favor and not force me into yours. So, if my church turns you away... deal with it, find one that accepts it, and enjoy the harem, dude.

Simple enough for me. Then again, I'm a simple guy.

wizardwatson
07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
When someone supports getting the Government OUT of our personal lives... yet fears a polygamist or gay couple getting married... I am left a little befuddled.
I do not morally support polygamy and I find homosexuality... well, icky. But, my morality and my "tastes" should not be made the law of the land in a free society, should it?

Let the guy have 2 wives. Hell, let him have 14 of em if they are willing brides of consenting age. Just don't come to me with your hand out asking for food stamps when you can't afford the family you chose. And be sure to find a Church or whatever you dig to marry you.

Just as I don't want impose myself into your beliefs, I expect you to return the favor and not force me into yours. So, if my church turns you away... deal with it, find one that accepts it, and enjoy the harem, dude.

Would you let your daughter be a polygamist?

Love your neighbor means to rebuke your neighbor. It means the same way you would treat yourself and your blood, you treat your neighbor. The whole "I don't care what other people do" is not Christian. Not that you are. Just making a point.

specsaregood
07-01-2015, 08:09 PM
And suddenly millions of men that didn't give a crap about this whole gay marriage thing sat up and started paying attention...

Sola_Fide
07-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Incest, pedophilia, and animal relations are next. State sanctioned perversion will be the norm. This is how government destroys the morality of a people.

juleswin
07-01-2015, 08:12 PM

Just beautiful, well said.

wizardwatson
07-01-2015, 08:17 PM
And suddenly millions of men that didn't give a crap about this whole gay marriage thing sat up and started paying attention...

I was talking about it when it wasn't cool.

Most here were silent and all I mostly got was yelled at for being a gay-bashing westboro supporter. To me though homosexuality pales in comparison to the problem I have with "gay marriage", and for that I hold Christians more responsible than gays. No one really stood up. And when you look at who was filing lawsuits it was all from the liberal side. There were few, very few counter-suits and defenses from the right.

Just today I saw a news article that the Episcopal church has condoned it. They will marry gays in churches, with the caveat that priests can decline to take part. But it's been sanctified by the government and the church is in lockstep. Some will anyway. Enough to destroy any unity among the churches.

Carlybee
07-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I always get the feeling that these women who let their husbands take a second wife are just trying to pawn off some of the marriage obligations.

juleswin
07-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Love your neighbor means to rebuke your neighbor. It means the same way you would treat yourself and your blood, you treat your neighbor. The whole "I don't care what other people do" is not Christian. Not that you are. Just making a point.

Let your daughter? is this daughter you talk of a minor or an adult? If shes a minor, I wouldn't let her marry anything. But as an adult I would try to dissuade her from marrying a midget, a poor person, an illiterate, a smoker, a weed user and the list goes on. You get the point but I wouldn't disown her and desire that it be illegal to marry those people.

Wooden Indian

I can't say that I would LET her any more than I could forbid her. If she were a consenting adult (she is not, but I'll play along), I would strongly discourage her from entering into that marriage, and assure her that she has enough value to be all any one man needs. In the end, it would be her choice to make.

What would ones options be? Scream at her until she ran away with him for sure?
Drag her into a room and lock her away like some animal?
Kill the groom?

But, just like the hypothetical daughter, these people can do as they see fit. I may stand opposed to them morally, but I will stand with them to have the freedom to make their own choices in life. Wise or no. Their choices.

wizardwatson
Incest, pedophilia, and animal relations are next. State sanctioned perversion will be the norm. This is how government destroys the morality of a people.

Government is a mirror of the people in this country. Americans don't get to claim victimhood. We have all the blessings and we sit on our asses, eat ourselves to death, puff up with pride, gawk at ourselves in the mirror of social networks, and enable our government to spread miserty throughout the earth, and we hate, hate, hate anyone or anything that makes us feel guilty and "judges" us for it.

Sola_Fide
07-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Government is a mirror of the people in this country. Americans don't get to claim victimhood. We have all the blessings and we sit on our asses, eat ourselves to death, puff up with pride, gawk at ourselves in the mirror of social networks, and enable our government to spread miserty throughout the earth, and we hate, hate, hate anyone or anything that makes us feel guilty and "judges" us for it.

Yeah, but the thing is with sin, is that sin is usually always accompanied by other sin. When your government endorses perversion, it tends to also endorse things like murder, oppression, and things like that.

William Tell
07-01-2015, 08:34 PM
I am actually behind this guy, except for the asking for Gov. permission thing. God never forbade polygamy, although he did bother to forbid seemingly trivial things like eating oysters. Kinda funny how the modern church is cool with ignoring some of his commands, and saying they don't matter anymore. And then making up new sins.

Carlybee
07-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but the thing is with sin, is that sin is usually always accompanied by other sin. When your government endorses perversion, it tends to also endorse things like murder, oppression, and things like that.

They already do endorse murder and oppression via wars, via police state.

Sola_Fide
07-01-2015, 08:41 PM
They already do endorse murder and oppression via wars, via police state.

Right, but it will become more and more blatant.

invisible
07-01-2015, 08:46 PM
This is excellent news!

Mach
07-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Love lift us up where we belong.......

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1647275.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Labrador%20dog%20Endal%20September%201999%20named% 20as%20Dog%20of%20the%20Millennium,%20with%20disab led%20owner%20Allen%20Parton.jpg

Danke
07-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Polygamy is common throughout history and even in many places today. Homosexual marriage, not. So what he is asking for makes more sense.

Natural Citizen
07-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Love lift us up where we belong.......

Oh, Hey, that's a really good song. I wonder if I have it. I'm going to go check.

In slightly relevant news - First-ever robot wedding takes place in Japan (http://rt.com/news/270226-japan-first-robot-wedding/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pVNyg1hPwc

Love Rusts. :cool:

alucard13mm
07-01-2015, 11:55 PM
I can't wait for a man to marry 10 men at once lol... throw in a rooster in there too.

Maybe the state will allow a man to marry his pillow with a fictional character on it :D
http://images.dannychoo.com/cgm/images/post/20080624/4309/54309/large/b20532666af61a4cbc6d1111849c96de.jpg

timosman
07-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Why not marry oneself ? A single person marriage - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477348-SCOTUS-legalizes-Gay-Marriage-10th-Amendment-Obliterated&p=5906087&viewfull=1#post5906087

heavenlyboy34
07-02-2015, 12:16 AM
I am actually behind this guy, except for the asking for Gov. permission thing. God never forbade polygamy, although he did bother to forbid seemingly trivial things like eating oysters. Kinda funny how the modern church is cool with ignoring some of his commands, and saying they don't matter anymore. And then making up new sins.

What are you referring to?

Brian4Liberty
07-02-2015, 12:17 AM
I always get the feeling that these women who let their husbands take a second wife are just trying to pawn off some of the marriage obligations.

Maybe. But if Bill is allowed to go polygamist and marry Huma, it's likely Bill would get every night off from his "marriage" obligations.

heavenlyboy34
07-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Right, but it will become more and more blatant.

Yup. In typical debates, the "slippery slope" is considered invalid, but there is so much precedent that what you say here is a very legitimate, valid claim. :cool:

Suzanimal
07-02-2015, 03:39 AM

Badgiraffe is working on his harem as we speak.:)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badgiraffe again.

FunkBuddha
07-02-2015, 04:24 AM
My wife's been pushing for me to take on a second but one is all I can handle. I'm pretty sure she's just trying to get help with the house work.

juleswin
07-02-2015, 04:49 AM
I can't wait for a man to marry 10 men at once lol... throw in a rooster in there too.

Maybe the state will allow a man to marry his pillow with a fictional character on it :D
http://images.dannychoo.com/cgm/images/post/20080624/4309/54309/large/b20532666af61a4cbc6d1111849c96de.jpg

You do know that one cannot sign a contract with an inanimate object and when it comes to marriage, you need the consent of your partner for the state to accept it. Good luck getting consent from a pillow.

idiom
07-02-2015, 04:56 AM
In this thread:

People who don't understand polygamy, and don't know that the Bible was full of approved polygamy.

otherone
07-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Why not marry oneself ? A single person marriage - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477348-SCOTUS-legalizes-Gay-Marriage-10th-Amendment-Obliterated&p=5906087&viewfull=1#post5906087

Why not everyone marry everyone?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Uekj2mQ3jy0/UE03cG7ensI/AAAAAAAADvA/bh25oj7EmF4/s1600/Karl-Marx.jpg

Ender
07-02-2015, 06:38 AM
What are you referring to?

As I posted on the SCOTUS thread:

A friend of a friend wrote this on FB- surely you will find the verses interesting:

Okay so, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

BUT ALSO

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Maybe we should just start practicing the 2 Great Commandments and Love God & our Neighbors.

Let them live their lives and we live ours.

idiom
07-02-2015, 03:24 PM
The thirteen tribes of Israel came from a polygamous marriage.

twomp
07-02-2015, 03:25 PM
In this thread:

People who don't understand polygamy, and don't know that the Bible was full of approved polygamy.

Only men were "approved" for polygamy in the Bible. The Bible isn't known for consistency.

dannno
07-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Good luck getting consent from a pillow.

You're telling me..

brushfire
07-02-2015, 03:40 PM
2 fking mother in-laws? Are you kidding me?

May the Lord have mercy on that man's soul.... (idiot)

juleswin
07-02-2015, 03:49 PM
2 fking mother in-laws? Are you kidding me?

May the Lord have mercy on that man's soul.... (idiot)

I always thought the problem was the paternal mother in-law not the other way around. Also some men have the balls to handle more extended family pressure. That's no reason to be hating on them.

Brian4Liberty
07-02-2015, 03:57 PM
I always thought the problem was the paternal mother in-law not the other way around.

Certainly that way in many Asian cultures...mostly for the wife of the oldest son.

euphemia
07-02-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't think the Supreme Court, Congress, or the President think in the long term. They only think about what the voices in their heads say today.

fisharmor
07-02-2015, 04:11 PM
As I posted on the SCOTUS thread:

A friend of a friend wrote this on FB- surely you will find the verses interesting:

I hate to keep quoting this guy, but he does have a way of handling these issues pretty eloquently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI

juleswin
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Certainly that way in many Asian cultures...mostly for the wife of the oldest son.

It is that way in most traditional cultures (and remnants of it remain in even modern western cultures) because men typically pay money to marry, women are married into families and not the other way around. They take up the man's last name, religion and move to live with him. All these ensure that the only one around with reason to complain is the paternal in-laws.

Champ
07-02-2015, 04:17 PM
It's events like this that test what you truly believe in.

The Northbreather
07-02-2015, 04:29 PM
That's how I always phrase it to my girl.

Youre gonna be the head wife and boss the others around...

juleswin
07-02-2015, 04:33 PM
I hate to keep quoting this guy, but he does have a way of handling these issues pretty eloquently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI

Holy mother, that is one hell of a Deus ex "overlapping chart" to save the day. Where the hell in the bible did he find get the information that said gay relationship overlapped between ceremonial and moral law?

Just a bible verse will do, I want to investigate this for myself. Thank you very much

Voluntarist
07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
xxxxx

Voluntarist
07-02-2015, 05:36 PM
xxxxx

Mach
07-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Traditionally, the woman's family offered a dowry for the prospective husband's family to take their daughter off their hands.
As I stated in another thread, I think one of the <please don't take it as a pun> seminal transitions in the cultural institution of marriage came when the practice of offering dowries was replaced by the practice (now nothing but a quaint custom) of the prospective groom asking the father of the prospective bride for her hand in marriage - because it denoted a significant change in the value of the bride. So yes, marriage is not a constant, and has been constantly evolving over the years, decade, centuries and millenia.

Ahhh yes, the old switcheroo......

Carlybee
07-02-2015, 11:26 PM
That's how I always phrase it to my girl.

Youre gonna be the head wife and boss the others around...

Hope you have a lot of money

Sola_Fide
07-02-2015, 11:49 PM
In this thread:

Approved? Where did God "approve" polygamy or command it? I asked you this question in another thread and you never answered me.

enhanced_deficit
07-03-2015, 12:05 AM

Interesting question.
On a related note, given the choice between the two, would you rather have your son be born in family A or family B?

Family A:
http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2015/07/01/NathanCollierFacebook_c0-231-650-609_s561x327.jpg?387a25f8168edbe0e41d29b024e5d1275 ee0b8d1

Family B:

https://yawningbread.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pic_201301_312.jpg?w=500

invisible
07-03-2015, 12:45 AM
In this thread:

Not everyone in this thread doesn't understand it. :)
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71181.html

otherone
07-03-2015, 05:36 AM

Obviously, you've never been married.

LibForestPaul
07-03-2015, 06:24 AM
And next up, a Muslim man from America wishes to marry his child bride from Sudan where there is no marriage age limit. And it's a boy!

I mean, love always wins right?

Plus man-boy love has an illustrious history with some of the greatest minds in the world.

If the world wasn't so bigoted we sure could save a lot on legal fees.

I wonder how treatise work in such a case. There are more than a few nations, with whom America has close ties with, with very young age limits.

Edward777
07-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Who does this hurt? His two wives love him and he loves his wives. People should allow them to marry the same way the Bible prophets married.

Edward777
07-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Interesting question.
On a related note, given the choice between the two, would you rather have your son be born in family A or family B?

Family A:

Family B:

Conservatives choice A, trendy liberals would choose B.

moostraks
07-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Interesting question.

Family A:

Family B:

Lol...are these supposed to be the potential extended family for my son and I?

As such, it would be irrelevant what the extended family does as I have enough to deal with in my own household. :)

William Tell
07-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Interesting question.

Family A:

Family B:

Do you mean grandson? Obviously A.

enhanced_deficit
07-07-2015, 11:49 PM
http://theweek.com/articles/564178/how-gay-marriage-paves-way-legal-polygamy

P3ter_Griffin
07-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Do you mean grandson? Obviously A.

It is interesting though. What if option A was three guys instead? The only reason I have preference for A is that there is the potential I could have sex with my son's TWO wives.

Voluntarist
07-08-2015, 02:42 AM
xxxxx

idiom
07-08-2015, 05:15 AM
Approved? Where did God "approve" polygamy or command it? I asked you this question in another thread and you never answered me.

Hey, I seldom go back through threads, so I miss responses sometimes.

Look at Jacobs 13 children to two wives and two handmaidens. The fertility is specifically listed as being activated by God. I don't know of a more specific blessing of a marriage than God miraculously opening wombs. Getting your womb blessed by God in scripture is not exactly disapproval. Would have been perfectly fair for Rachel to have never had children, being the second wife.

There a tonne more, but I haven't found any prophet giving anyone shit about it except for Bathsheba, and that was for murder.

Its not commanded. Even marriage isn't commanded. Marriage is for the weak willed.

Hell, according to tradition Eve was Adams *third* wife. That gets left out of the protestant canon though.

amartin315
07-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Let your daughter? is this daughter you talk of a minor or an adult? If shes a minor, I wouldn't let her marry anything. But as an adult I would try to dissuade her from marrying a midget, a poor person, an illiterate, a smoker, a weed user and the list goes on. You get the point but I wouldn't disown her and desire that it be illegal to marry those people.

A midget?

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34500000/Tyrion-Lannister-tyrion-lannister-34524597-1900-1050.jpg

idiom
07-09-2015, 12:47 AM
a midget, a poor person, an illiterate, a smoker, a weed user and the list goes on

I am several of those things :(

Ain't never stopped anyone's daughter from climbing out a window though :D

The more you lock em up, the more likely they are to post extremely deviant requests on Craigslist.

I went to a private Christian school where a class of almost all girls got pregnant to the one, out of wedlock, the year after they graduated.

Danke
07-09-2015, 12:54 AM

The more you lock em up, the more likely they are to post extremely deviant requests on Craigslist.

I went to a private Christian school where a class of almost all girls got pregnant to the one, out of wedlock, the year after they graduated.

Isn't it lovely what your socialist utopia has brought?

idiom
07-09-2015, 04:42 AM
You can choose to weep over it, or be parked outside the windows and enjoy the fruits.

ThePaleoLibertarian
07-09-2015, 04:49 AM
You can choose to weep over it, or be parked outside the windows and enjoy the fruits.
I'm all for riding the tiger of modernity, but if you impregnate girls who won't get abortions, then don't raise the kid, you're just a degenerate.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-09-2015, 10:42 AM

Pretty sure those 3 types of relations you mentioned do not involve consent. Next.

paleocon1
07-09-2015, 11:16 AM
That didn't take long.

juleswin
07-09-2015, 11:40 AM

Are you also obese? cos I forgot to put that one in. I would want the best for my daughter and someone just loving her is not enough. You should be able to take care of her and your self before you get my approval.

HankRicther12
07-09-2015, 01:33 PM

So any sexual activity should be allowed in society? I always ask about pedophilia, everyone always immediately says "NO!" but then they will never answer what exactly is pedophilia? Oh sure, they give a definition "An adult having sex with a child" but what is an adult and what is a child? Ages of consent around world go from 12-22, so who is right? If you set an age what do you say to people who claim your age is either too high or too low?

We don't allow incest, beastiality, etc. Let's stop this self-righteous nonsense that we don't impose sexual morals on society, we all do it, you are just attacking people who draw their line in a different place than you, but you do have a line and don't have an issue with it being law.

Pretty sure those 3 types of relations you mentioned do not involve consent. Next.

How is there lack of consent in incest? Must an animal consent? Do they consent to being killed and eaten, locked in cages? Define pedophilia for me, and give me your reply to those who disagree with the age you set.

timosman
07-09-2015, 01:58 PM
How is there lack of consent in incest? Must an animal consent? Do they consent to being killed and eaten, locked in cages? Define pedophilia for me, and give me your reply to those who disagree with the age you set.

Ok, ok.... Here is how it works. We have a system of beliefs which conveniently covers some of the ugly realities we have to deal with as species. If you drill down deep enough you will always encounter BS and raw survival instincts. The goal in life is to keep your nose high enough for the stench of BS to not affect you too much. This way you can act surprised when somebody points out how much BS is there. What was your other question ? :D

HankRicther12
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Ok, ok.... Here is how it works. We have a system of beliefs which conveniently covers some of the ugly realities we have to deal with as species. If you drill down deep enough you will always encounter BS and raw survival instincts. The goal in life is to keep your nose high enough for the stench of BS to not affect you too much. This way you can act surprised when somebody points out how much BS is there. What was your other question ? :D

Come again?

jllundqu
07-09-2015, 02:31 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/polygamous-montana-trio-applies-wedding-license-193205283.html

Good for him. If someone wants 50 wives, who's to stop them?

enhanced_deficit
07-09-2015, 08:22 PM
How about if you knew the two women in family A were bisexual?
Or Family A were a woman and two men?

Good question.

What would Jesus have done?

THE MANY WIVES
OF THE HOLY MEN OF GOD (THE POLYGAMISTS)
EVERY JEW AND EVERY ARAB THAT HAS EVER LIVED,
INCLUDING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF,
COMES FROM POLYGAMIST PARENTS:
ABRAHAM, ISHMAEL, ISAAC, JACOB,
AND THE TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL

http://www.alamoministries.com/conte...manywives.html (http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Gospel_literature/manywives.html)

TheTexan
07-09-2015, 08:30 PM

Hero.

Danke
07-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Good for him. If someone wants 50 wives, who's to stop them?

"Collier, 46, said that dissent inspired him. He owns a refrigeration business in Billings and married Victoria, 40, in 2000."

Did anyone tell HVACTech about this development?

enhanced_deficit
07-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Hero.

Hero status requires some great achievement.. his seems like just extraordinary achievement.

:)

timosman
07-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Hero status requires some great achievement.. his seems like just extraordinary achievement.

:)

What is his achievement ? Ménage à trois ?

idiom
07-11-2015, 05:43 PM
keeping more than woman happy isn't hard, just expensive.

Keeping a harem is normal most everywhere for those who can afford it.

Marriage of 1 man and 1 woman is part of the fabric of society, not in that it is god ordained, but in that it supposedly frees up economic activity with poor men able to have a wife if they just keep doing their working class job day in and day out. Stability and fewer revolutions n all that.

kpitcher
07-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Those can't sign a contract so shouldn't be a problem. Get government out of marriage and allow it to be contract law.

William Tell
07-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Polygamist family denied marriage license by Yellowstone County

BILLINGS -

http://krtv.images.worldnow.com/images/8346366_G.jpg

A Billings-area family looking to have its polygamous marriage legalized have hit a roadblock on their road to the altar.
On Tuesday, the Yellowstone County Attorney's Office sent a letter to the Collier family formally denying their request for a marriage license.

On July 1, Nathan Collier and one of his partners, Christine Collier, were looking for legal legitimacy in their relationship. They went to the Yellowstone County Courthouse to request a marriage license. Collier is ultimately seeking two separate marriage licenses.

"I have a marriage with my wife Vicki, I seek a marriage with Christine," said Nathan. "That's the difference between group marriage and plural marriage."

Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney Kevin Gillen said in the letter that the Collier's "reliance on the recent United States Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage is misplaced, there is nothing in that ruling that describes the arrangement you seek to establish."

In the letter, Gillen references the Marriage Equality Act, stating: "Throughout the ruling, the majority opinion references marriage between two people. That ruling did not expand the number of persons involved in a marriage; the ruling only acknowledged fundamental rights of a person who wishes to marry another person."

The crux of the denial was two-fold; polygamous unions are illegal in Montana, and marriage is meant to be honored between two people.

The Colliers said Thursday that they are heartbroken by the decision, but were expecting it.

"I don't think the County Attorney fully understands our arrangement now, or the arrangement that we are seeking," said Nathan.

"He seemed to confuse plural marriage with group marriage, whereas again, we aren't looking for my wives to be married to each other."

"We kind of anticipated that the answer would be no," said Christine. "It was predictable based on how the laws are written. There's no distinction between polygamy and bigamy in the written law. To us, polygamy is consensual, where bigamy would be non-consensual."

The Colliers said Thursday that they don't feel the County Attorney truly understood their argument. The family also notes that no officials from the county contacted them for clarification, nor did they respond to repeated calls from the Colliers.

"To have them render a decision where the information is incorrect disturbs me," said Vicki. "This effects people's lives. It was heartbreaking, and I tried to prepare Christine for that because there's always that small glimmer of hope."

The letter from Gillen highlighted the fact that bigamy and polygamy are illegal in the state of Montana.

"I am not in the business of speculating as to what types of consequences (and new laws) may flow from the recent Supreme Court case," Gillen wrote. "However, until such time that laws change, the law of the State of Montana is that bigamy and polygamy are illegal arrangements and, consequently, the Yellowstone County Clerk of District Court is unable to issue such a marriage license."

http://www.kxlh.com/story/29578457/polygamist-family-denied-marriage-license-by-yellowstone-county

Uriel999
07-27-2015, 01:50 PM

How about letting me marry my truck. :D

Philhelm
07-27-2015, 05:59 PM
A lot of men already have "soft harems," since a majority of the women have sex with a minority of men (the "alphas").

Dianne
07-27-2015, 07:36 PM
May be a totally unpopular view here... but I think the man should get his license. The Supreme Court has now set a precedent that it is all about LOVE. Whomever you love, whether it be two or ten people; your dog or cat... You love that creature and you should be allowed to marry it or all of them. Keyword is LOVE.

William Tell
07-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Well, for thousands of years polygamy was accepted, and same sex marriage was unheard of and non existent.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61831042.jpg

heavenlyboy34
07-27-2015, 07:58 PM
May be a totally unpopular view here... but I think the man should get his license. The Supreme Court has now set a precedent that it is all about LOVE. Whomever you love, whether it be two or ten people; your dog or cat... You love that creature and you should be allowed to marry it or all of them. Keyword is LOVE.

I got the impression that SCOTUS set the precedent that marriage is now an entirely secular sacrament of the State and only nominally a religious institution. After all, plenty of "regular" people get married for reasons other than love-lust, money, politics, etc.

Anti Federalist
07-27-2015, 08:01 PM

This.

There is now, no legal reasoning that can prohibit it.

None whatsoever.

timosman
07-27-2015, 09:28 PM

http://www.lessingflynn.com/media/cms/im-lovin-it.jpeg

CaptainAmerica
07-27-2015, 09:48 PM

Although love is love, this is troubling developmemt and could unravel the whole institution of marriage as God intended. Such a case could cause current religiously diverse SCOTUS to be very confused while deliberating on equal rights for consenting adults.

A huge political crisis has just been born today.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d678b6011dd7033420856fe498316978/tumblr_mh1hhf9JAq1qk01jqo1_500.jpg

Related

Obama and Romney both come from a ancestry of polygamy
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obama-and-romney-both-come-from-a-ancestry-of-polygamy/2012/04/12/gIQA3TI8CT_story.html

Jerome Corsi: Obama's dad polygamist

(http://www.wnd.com/2008/03/59850/)

next is a man marrying a ferrarri or a truck

timosman
07-27-2015, 11:29 PM
next is a man marrying a ferrarri or a truck

People should be able to marry themselves. The current situation is truly bizarre and discriminatory.

The Rebel Poet
07-28-2015, 05:27 AM
You seem to be under the impression that our government is fair. All their rhetoric about marriage "equality" is just rhetorical. Incest, pedophilia, and polygamy are considered too icky by society at this point. In fact, pedophilia and polygamy are considered by many to be the same thing. Incest would likely be the next relationship opened to marriage. But even if they could move as fast as the gay movement, it would be another 20 years.

The Rebel Poet
07-28-2015, 05:39 AM
People should be able to marry themselves. The current situation is truly bizarre and discriminatory.
https://www.facebook.com/BachelorMarriage?fref=ts

tod evans
07-28-2015, 06:12 AM
I look to read disheartening stories about these folks in the near future.

They've had the temerity to poke sticks at an overly self important government and if past behavior continues that governments employees will be gunning for them, figuratively and literally....

brushfire
07-28-2015, 07:18 AM
How about letting me marry my truck. :D

"Were it not a violation of God's law, I'd make you my wife" - Groundskeeper Willie (to his tractor)

Not that I agree with the whole polygamy thing, but what business it of mine?
For that matter, WTF business it of anyone's?
Why is the government involved in people's religious matters to begin with? Isn't that a violation of the 1st amendment? The act of marriage doesn't infringe on anyone's rights here...

idiom
07-29-2015, 05:02 AM
A lot of men already have "soft harems," since a majority of the women have sex with a minority of men (the "alphas").

Never really believed this til I tried it. Women will put up with anything if you continue to seem like the best option.

^^^^ not entirely serious btw

timosman
07-29-2015, 08:03 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BachelorMarriage?fref=ts

Thanks, I was starting to think nobody is talking about the issue. It deserves much broader support as most everybody has some experience with this.

enhanced_deficit
08-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Obama's dad had multiple wives ? If yes, then he may support polygamy after gay marriage passing.

William Tell
08-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Obama's dad had multiple wives ? If yes, then he may support polygamy after gay marriage passing.

Doubt he would, Obama doesn't care much for his family.