PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys, what the heck? Why do people keep insisting we're getting $6 million?

TechnoGuyRob
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
A lot of the posts recently keep talking about people's excitement that the Tea Party is going to be a $6 million day.

Guys, what's up with this? :confused: Last time I heard, we are supposed to raise $10 million on that day. Ron Paul has 92,000 MySpace friends, 50,000 Facebook supporters, 40,000 YouTube subscribers, 70,000 MeetUp members, and 5,000 people on these very forums who discuss strategies to get him elected daily. There is no possible way we can NOT raise $10 million on that day.

However, each person must realize that out of the 100-200k Ron Paul core supporters, the ones that do not know about the 16th are getting smaller and smaller. We need to reach out to new people, but guess what? People aren't going to donate to some politician they heard about just the week before, even if it is someone as great as Ron Paul.

So what do we do? Well, the best idea that has been floating around so far is that we work our butts off trying to get everyone we can to donate for us on the 16th as a personal Christmas favor. Try to get 10, 20, 30 people to donate $25 for you on the 16th; this will be the most important day this entire year, so we can not mess it up. Additionally, every time you tell a new person about Dr. Paul (and this should be at least one person per day) mention they can be a part of history (everyone wants to be a part of history) by donating to Ron Paul on December 16th. Make sure to get their e-mail/phone number so they can be reminded on December 16th; if you absolutely can't remind them yourself, send their e-mail/phone number to ronpaul1000@gmail.com and someone will remind them for you.

Don't be stagnant. Keep posting those YouTube comments, keep calling people you haven't talked to in years, and most important of all: realize that this TeaParty is the most important thing to Dr. Paul's campaign in the upcoming week. Imagine if a single person like Jack Cafferty mentions "you know what? I want to be a part of history. I donated to Ron Paul's campaign today." The resulting donations will be momentous, since people will realize "wait...I can be a part of this, too!" It's all about exponential growth.

I have no doubt we can do this. For hope's sake, we are the Ron Paul grassroots! Don't convince yourself that December 16th will be a $6 million day. It won't be. You need to make it a $10 million day. It will be.

steph3n
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
A lot of the posts recently keep talking about people's excitement that the Tea Party is going to be a $6 million day.

Guys, what's up with this? :confused: Last time I heard, we are supposed to raise $10 million on that day. Ron Paul has 92,000 MySpace friends, 50,000 Facebook supporters, 40,000 YouTube subscribers, 70,000 MeetUp members, and 5,000 people on these very forums who discuss strategies to get him elected daily. There is no possible way we can NOT raise $10 million on that day.

However, each person must realize that the 100-200k Ron Paul core supporters that do not know about the 16th are getting smaller and smaller. We need to reach out to new people, bu guess what? People aren't going to donate to some politician they heard about just the week before, even if it is someone as great as Ron Paul.

So what do we do? Well, the best idea that has been floating around so far is that we work our butts off trying to get everyone we can to donate for us on the 16th as a personal Christmas favor. Try to get 10, 20, 30 people to donate $25 for you on the 16th; this will be the most important day this entire year, so we can not mess it up. Additionally, every time you tell a new person about Dr. Paul (and this should be at least one person per day) mention they can be a part of history (everyone wants to be a part of history) by donating to Ron Paul on December 16th. Make sure to get their e-mail/phone number so they can be reminded on December 16th; if you absolutely can't remind them yourself, send their e-mail/phone number to ronpaul1000@gmail.com and someone will remind them for you.

Don't be stagnant. Keep posting those YouTube comments, keep calling people you haven't talked to in years, and most important of all: realize that this TeaParty is the most important thing to Dr. Paul's campaign in the upcoming week. Imagine if a single person like Jack Cafferty mentions "you know what? I want to be a part of history. I donated to Ron Paul's campaign today." The resulting donations will be momentous, since people will realize "wait...I can be a part of this, too!" It's all about exponential growth.

I have no doubt we can do this. For hope's sake, we are the Ron Paul grassroots! Don't convince yourself that December 16th will be a $6 million day. It won't be. You need to make it a $10 million day. It will be.

10 million was set for Nov 5 too,

BIG_J
12-05-2007, 01:54 PM
All you have to do is basically double yourself. Double your Nov 5th donation; or find someone who will match you. I have found someone that did not contribuite on the 5th but will for the 15th. Simple as that.

TechnoGuyRob
12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
10 million was set for Nov 5 too,

$10 million was the upper limit for Nov 5th.

For Dec 16th, $10 million is the lower limit.

romeshomey
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I gave Ron my Tea Party money early as he sent an email saying the 16th was too late. So I assume alot of people got the same email and have already donated their Tea Party funds to the campaign.

I got an email about 2 weeks ago from the campaign saying that December 16th was too late to send the funds because they wouldn't be able to be spent in time on the early primaries.

hawkeyenick
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
6mil is a good estimate, that's why

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Speculation doesnt help much but this does:

Support Operation Front Door (http://www.myspace.com/operationfrontdoor)!

Operation Front Door: Basically the plan is to get meetups all across the country to have a big canvassing push the week after the 16th. This will coincide with the December 16th tea party-

Picture this; You're sitting at home watching the evening news and you're seeing "Ron Paul makes another fund raising record" then 'knock-knock'- it's Ron Paul supporters at your door. That's kind of the idea. While the media is pushing the fund raising we're knocking on doors showing how strong this grassroots campaign is and offering information about Ron Paul....

Blowback
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM

I think we all obviously want to raise as much money as possible that day but I don't see a point in trying to set limits.

People will donate what they want to donate and if the counter isn't meeting their personal expectations they will donate more. I don't see the need to dictate to others what their expectations should be. The annouced goal was $10M for Nov. 5th but I would say ost people thought it would be $1.5M max.

Let's just spread the word and see what happens.

RPFTW!
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I doubt we'll get much more than 5.5 million, hope I'm wrong and we are up near 10 mil though.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Under-promise, over-deliver. I also predict 6 million.

voytechs
12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm just being realistic dude. $6 - $8 mil will be great. We've got 80,000 meetup members, and we are getting nearly 50% of to donate, that is not bad at all. We can't get 10% to show up to a meetup in our meetup, so to get 50% to donate is unbelievable.

Original_Intent
12-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Keep expectations low and then blow them away.

It is a tightrope because we need some INTERNAL high expectations to get people excited nad wanting to participate and spread the word.

But we do not want to start pushing $10 million as an expectation, that will make $6 million look like a failure.

We should project (as Ron Paul has) that we are hoping to match or exceed the success of Nov 5th.

I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot if we set a public expecation of $10 million.

LibertyEagle
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Last time around, the following happened:

1. Each Meetup group was contacted
2. Each of Ron's Myspace friends were contacted
3. Not sure about Facebook, but I'm guessing those were contacted too
4. Peter Schiff asked his newsletter subscribers to donate
5. Adam Curry talked it up for days
6. Multiple videos were made, including one from the Ron Paul girl

We have no control over some of these, but shouldn't we at least contact 1-3?

qwerty
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Stop being pessimistic, spend that time on promoting the event!

We still have 11 days, we can reach easily hundreds of thousands if we work hard...

romeshomey
12-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Well if your meetup group is anything like mine, it revolves around one persons schedule and there is no flexibility to try and work with the others in the group so that more can attend.

Not sure about anyone else, but Monday evenings is a pretty crappy time to have a monthy meeting.

azminuteman
12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Ron Paul has 92,000 MySpace friends, 50,000 Facebook supporters, 40,000 YouTube subscribers, 70,000 MeetUp members, and 5,000 people on these very forums who discuss strategies to get him elected daily.

How many MySpace Friends are the same Facebook suporters and YouTube subscribers, etc...?

You know what is encouraging?
Obama had the most amount of donors up to Q3 clocking in at 62,000

Ron Pauls unique donors are close to 93,000 just for Q4. He is getting an average of 300 NEW donors EVERY DAY. That's probably 150 new voters and 150 people that figure that Ron Paul is worth donating to for the first time DAILY.
Is $10 million achievable? I think so. Realistic? Not too sure, but anything can happen in this election. Say 250 available new donors for the past 40 days = 10,000 new donors to donate $100 each = $1 Million.
$8 million is probably realistic as $3.9 million was the take on Nov 5th (not including the 12 parenthetical hours that brought the total to $4.2)

What is an indication that we are on a continuous uphill battle is that we will need 200,000 average voters PER STATE to vote in the primaries. That's not General Election numbers. That's within 90 days numbers for some states.

Are we there yet?
What are we doing to help the campaign get there?

Original_Intent
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Again, I don't think this type of post is wise. We need to encourage people to give early so that we get huge momentum going I would be thrilled to be at 1 ro 2 million 8:00 am EST on the morning of the 16th.

Setting 10 million as a lower limit and anything below that is a failure - you are setting yourself up to fail.

Underpromise
Overdeliver

Don't let your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash.

If we set a goal to exceed Nov 5 then an 8 million dollar day is a huge success, 10 million is historic!

If we set an expectation of 10 million and get 8, it is going to still be awesome but will be perceived as a failure. Yes I know Nov 5th also had 10 million as a goal, but the media was not watching Nov 5th like they are Dec 16th. I have already heard MSM using the $10 million figure (Thank heaven Ron Paul on Blitzer said "Who knows we might get to 14 million this quarter!" Smart, smart, smart.

Yes we want the media to be watching Dec 16th. done right, this could build national excitement through the day of the Tea Party.

Do not turn what could be a HUGE success story into "As of noon today Ron Paul is having an amazing fundraising day having raised $3 million so far, but is off the pace needed to raise the $10 million his campaign had projected." And yes they will not care that the grassroots made the projections, not the campaign, that's how it will get reported.

njandrewg
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
ever heard of downplaying expectations?

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Techno, did you head up the facebook and myspace contacts? Who did all that? I was contacted via myspace for Nov.5th, but not for this promotion on the 16th.

I have not heard anything about people posting the facebook flyers either.

Is all this being implemented?

kylejack
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Techno, did you head up the facebook and myspace contacts? Who did all that? I was contacted via myspace for Nov.5th, but not for this promotion on the 16th.

I have never been contacted for either 11/5 or 12/16 on Myspace, and I'm friended with Ron.

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Me as well. I never received a 5th flyer on myspace.

I have never been contacted for either 11/5 or 12/16 on Myspace, and I'm friended with Ron.

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 02:25 PM

well, they had a few people working on it. Not sure they got everyone. But I remember there was more organization for the Nov 5th push, that there is for this one.

I hope All the Notables are contacted - ie, mercola, Schiff, Curry - so they can ping their email lists...

Also, there were people contacting all the myspace/facebook friends etc.

Adamsa
12-05-2007, 02:26 PM

This is the best philosophy in regards to the money bombs.

shepburn
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I gave Ron my Tea Party money early as he sent an email saying the 16th was too late. So I assume alot of people got the same email and have already donated their Tea Party funds to the campaign.

I got an email about 2 weeks ago from the campaign saying that December 16th was too late to send the funds because they wouldn't be able to be spent in time on the early primaries.

this is a lame post. How does this poor-me-baby attitude help the cause? Find a way to raise a hundred bucks. Get creative and stop whinning. If you don't want to participate on the 16th ... fine. But don't attempt to justify it by blaming the campaign for encouraging folks to donate before.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Well if your meetup group is anything like mine, it revolves around one persons schedule and there is no flexibility to try and work with the others in the group so that more can attend.

Not sure about anyone else, but Monday evenings is a pretty crappy time to have a monthy meeting.

Please don't pledge (which is a promise) to do something if you're not going to do it. We rely on an accurate headcount. You still have a week and a half to raise $100 to fulfill what you promised to do.

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 02:38 PM

Well, we are grassroots, so tell me... Have you contacted anyone on myspace about the 16th?

I know I have, but we need many many more

Goldwater Conservative
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
We have more pledges than we did for Nov. 5th (and we still have 10 days left), but the Tea Party '07 website has far fewer page views (150K vs. 240K). I hope that's because there are so many more YouTube videos that have already gotten people on board without feeling the need to even check out any website.

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, we are grassroots, so tell me... Have you contacted anyone on myspace about the 16th?

I know I have, but we need many many more

I posted the banner on a few friends comments.. but I am a fulltime dad, fulltime worker, fulltime PAC operator.. I am kinda busy....

Some people were onvolved in the NOV5th.. I am just saying "Where are they?".... are they gonna do the same for this.

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
We have more pledges than we did for Nov. 5th (and we still have 10 days left), but the Tea Party '07 website has far fewer page views (150K vs. 240K). I hope that's because there are so many more YouTube videos that have already gotten people on board without feeling the need to even check out any website.

I 'believe' many of those pledges are padded, just like the blimp was.. same person....same intent... to deflate the results given the expectations.

speciallyblend
12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
we only had 2 members in our meet up donate last time nov 5th,now WE HAVE (9 YES and 2 maybe;) for Dec 16th www.teaparty07.com lets keep it up folks;)

romeshomey
12-05-2007, 02:58 PM

Same.

Goldwater Conservative
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I 'believe' many of those pledges are padded, just like the blimp was.. same person....same intent... to deflate the results given the expectations.

Maybe annoying e-mails are a good thing after all. :D

Cleaner44
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I predict $6 million.

romeshomey
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
this is a lame post. How does this poor-me-baby attitude help the cause? Find a way to raise a hundred bucks. Get creative and stop whinning. If you don't want to participate on the 16th ... fine. But don't attempt to justify it by blaming the campaign for encouraging folks to donate before.

Lame? So my money isn't good enough unless it's donated when you feel it should be donated, and I am supposed to donate more money on the 16th even though I have already been donating money weekly?

Listen here. I work a $10 / hour job and raise a family of 4 on a household income of 23,000. I live paycheck to paycheck and don't have extra money left over at the end of the pay period to donate to things, yet I find it within myself to go without things so that I can help this campaign.

Then the campaign asks me to donate money I had reserved for the 16th early, which I have done, but now that isn't good enough?

Get over yourselves. With an attitude like yours, you'll drive people away from Rons cause faster than anything else.

Ron doesn't care about money enough to take the congressional pension, I doubt he would be upset with a hard working American struggling to support his family because I can't donate whenever someone else feels I should donate.

Piss off.

Seemed to me that Ron was telling people not to hold out and to donate their funds before the 16th for a reason. Not so after the fact that they did they would get flack from other campaign members.

tonyTheBest
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I would predict we would get 4.5M unless all members of meetup, facebook, myspace... are notified about this

koob
12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm donating double what I did on the fifth. woot!

ggibson1
12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
This is the first I have heard of a 6 million figure... and I am on all these forums everyday.

ggibson1
12-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Lame? So my money isn't good enough unless it's donated when you feel it should be donated, and I am supposed to donate more money on the 16th even though I have already been donating money weekly?

Listen here. I work a $10 / hour job and raise a family of 4 on a household income of 23,000. I live paycheck to paycheck and don't have extra money left over at the end of the pay period to donate to things, yet I find it within myself to go without things so that I can help this campaign.

Then the campaign asks me to donate money I had reserved for the 16th early, which I have done, but now that isn't good enough?

Get over yourselves. With an attitude like yours, you'll drive people away from Rons cause faster than anything else.

Ron doesn't care about money enough to take the congressional pension, I doubt he would be upset with a hard working American struggling to support his family because I can't donate whenever someone else feels I should donate.

Piss off.

Seemed to me that Ron was telling people not to hold out and to donate their funds before the 16th for a reason. Not so after the fact that they did they would get flack from other campaign members.

I make alot more than you, but I have more respect for you than people like me.

It really makes me feel it is my duty to not only give money but order things like slim jims and DVDs to hand out when I hear about people that really cant afford it sacrificing for the revolution... thanks!

Original_Intent
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Piss off.

Once again I am humbled by the amazing people involved in this movement.

JS4Pat
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
EXACTLY!!

Maltheus
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Why not schedule your own events? You don't need an official to organize something like a sign waiving. We are fighting for freedom here, so screw that one person and try to do it on your own. Mondays are a crappy night for a meetup.

wfd40
12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
we should take advantage of Amazon's mechanical turk to organize the contacting of all 300k online Ron Paul supporters..

xd9fan
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
The 6 million is I think from

about 15000 signed up for $100 on 11-5
about 3 times that gave money =4.3 mil

now 24000 signed up for 12-16
so ASSume 3 times that
about 6 mil

(I think)

Goldwater Conservative
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
about 15000 signed up for $100 on 11-5
about 3 times that gave money =4.3 mil

It was about 18,000 the night before, but over double that (38,000) donated with an average donation of about $103. If the same is true for Tea Party '07 and the event was held today, we'd get around $5.5-6 million. We'll probably have a few thousand more pledges by Dec. 16th, but many people think that the donor/pledge ratio won't be as high.

shepburn
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm going to assume that 90% of the people who donated on Nov 5th will do so again. So that is about 35k donars. These each sent in on average $105 bucks.

If we get the orginal 35k donars each to add one person. That give us 70k donars.

Further if each of the orginal doners gives on average $200 bucks and the new donars give $100 bucks, that averages out to $150 donations.

70k * $140 per doner equals approx $10M

Which of my assumptions are the most inaccurate?

sharedvoice
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Well I know a few people who donated well over $103 on Nov 5th... 500-1000$
I think it will be darn close to a 6 million day if not greater.
25,059 pledges as of now and counting. Nov 5th only had 17,000 or so pledges. Keep in mind alot of folks don't pledge to not give out their email, but still donate on event days.

shepburn
12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
how much media coverage do we expect during the day on the 16th?

If the media cover the donations while in progress, this may encourage/remind many offline supporters to donate! I expect CNN to provide some coverage.

tnvoter
12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
a lot of people think we're going hit 10 mill + : http://freepolitics.us

Roxi
12-05-2007, 06:16 PM
i didn't read the whole thread but i think the answer to the OP's question is because the guys in vegas are betting on 6 million... i personally am predicting 6.3 :)