PDA

View Full Version : Peikoff on Informed Verbal Consent for Sex

Unregistered
06-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Do you think one should gain informed verbal consent before engaging in sex?

I wanted to post Peikoff's views on it, but I can't link, so look this up and you'll get it: peikoff informed verbal consent

If a mod could just add the link, please do.

specsaregood
06-30-2015, 09:18 PM
//

acptulsa
07-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Why would Peikoff's views on it matter to anyone? Because he met Ayn Rand once or twice? Why, for that matter, would her views matter? Hell, I doubt Peikoff has gotten any in the last two or three decades. And I know Ayn Rand hasn't.

"You have to determine here, before you talk about rape, what is the context. A woman can give her consent by her presence, in certain contexts, and that frees the man to have sex regardless of what she then says. I’m thinking of that case of Kobe Bryant, where the woman came up sometime in the middle of the night, after some drinking, to his bedroom, and then when he purported to do something, she said, ‘No, I don’t consent.’ You cannot do that. You have given every evidence that that is what you are gonna do, and it’s too late at that point to say, ‘Sorry, but no.’”

The last time that happened to me I decided she was too damned drunk to know what she was saying or doing, and bade her good night.

tod evans
07-01-2015, 08:09 AM

Informed, yes.............Verbal is open for discussion because oft times, especially during the heat of the moment, both parties are otherwise engaging their mouths.

As far as some dude/dudette named "Peikoff", who cares?

As a general rule for young people if you have to ask, or you have doubts then keep your dick in your pants.

osan
07-05-2015, 03:45 AM

I wanted to post Peikoff's views on it, but I can't link, so look this up and you'll get it: peikoff informed verbal consent

If a mod could just add the link, please do.

What a foolish idea, especially in the human world as currently constituted - mentally speaking, and all else equal.

The problems, mostly stemming from human idiocy, associated with this notion number in the large and could occupy an analytic volume of considerable girth.

I cannot think of too many situations wherein I am going to engage in such "preparations", and those I can would direct me to keep my willie behind my zipper. For examples:

If she's not well known to you and seems too drunk to fuck, don't fuck her. Given the general modes in which blame is assessed, which is always against the male in favor of the female, allowing that "thing" to do the thinking for you is the mark of an idiot who mayhaps deserves the deluge of shit that befalls him in the event the young, erm... <AHEM>... "lady" decides later on that she was not quite so willing to ball you to within an inch of your life as you had perceived.
If she's not well known to you, PERIOD, and for whatever reasons later decides she was not quite so willing as you perceived.

The list is very long and to a rational adult of either sex, ridiculous not only in its nearly universally bias against males, but in the fact that nearly all the reasons for legal trouble stem from either severely stunted female egos, revenge motives run insanely out of accord with reason and decency, or any other reason sufficient to drive a woman who knows she can lie and put a man through an endlessly hellish experience.

Indeed, we could write volumes on the matter, but to what good? The laws are not going to change without blood. The demented attitudes toward sex, rape, and so on are highly unlikely to change in the direction of good measure and decency. So why discuss it? Until the race of men rises to its senses and decides it is going to be better than it is - far and away better - it is my opinion that this particular situation is likely to continue to deteriorate in dribs and drabs until men won't even dare masturbate in their own private bank vaults, locked away like the gold at Ft. Knox for fear that someone, somewhere, is going to accuse them of beastliness for which the very least consequence shall be a long, stomach-destroying, reputation-murdering, and financially ruinous ordeal through the courts, your status as a free man closely clipped for the remainder of your miserable existence.

I am only half-joking when I assert that the day may come when men may choose castration just to be free from the nag of their testicles in a world where being a man is the single greatest affront to the "new decency".

Yet another cheery future prospect, proudly brought to you by Progressive Politics(tm).

Y'all have a nice day, y'hear?