PDA

View Full Version : Gay rights fight shifts to anti-discrimination

AuH20
06-30-2015, 12:28 PM
They keep coming for your impure thoughts.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20150628-gay-rights-fight-shifts-to-anti-discrimination-laws.ece

Exhilarated by the Supreme Court’s endorsement of same-sex marriage, gay rights leaders have turned their sights to what they see as the next big battle: obtaining federal, state and local legal protections in employment, housing, commerce and other arenas, just like those barring discrimination based on race, religion, sex and national origin.

The proposals pit advocates against many of the same religious conservatives who opposed legalizing same-sex marriage, and who now see the protection of what they call religious liberty as their most urgent task. These opponents argue that anti-discrimination laws will inevitably be used to force religious people and institutions to violate their beliefs.

Nationally, anti-discrimination laws for gay people are a patchwork with major geographic inequities, said Brad Sears, executive director of the Williams Institute at the School of Law of the University of California, Los Angeles. “Those who don’t live on the two coasts or in the Northeast have been left behind in terms of legal protection,” he said.

twomp
06-30-2015, 12:33 PM
This post belongs on the front page of RPF imo.

fisharmor
06-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Nationally, anti-discrimination laws for gay people are a patchwork with major geographic inequities

Ever tried owning a gun? That's actually in the constitution.
So on this particular pain point.......

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeFZ2pUxXV2d0nhnTdGPHtTcvM2-f5sYTp3cp3EzIe3HAdf3GQ

AuH20
06-30-2015, 12:44 PM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeFZ2pUxXV2d0nhnTdGPHtTcvM2-f5sYTp3cp3EzIe3HAdf3GQ

Ghey is the new black, in terms of near limitless litigation opportunities. Pheelings, bro.... If you unintentionally hurt my pheelings, I am entitled to proper restitution and justice.

phill4paul
06-30-2015, 12:46 PM

/thread

ZENemy
06-30-2015, 12:51 PM
"If it comes from government; so be it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABB-lScOoSk

AuH20
06-30-2015, 12:53 PM
You really wonder about the potential backlash against 'protected groups' when the government finally goes under? They are certainly engendering incredible hate against these groups as opposed to bringing people of different stripes together. The government is potentially setting up a nightmare scenario.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 01:32 PM
This post belongs on the front page of RPF imo.

+rep

I agree, since it has to do with the loss of freedom.

“We’ve got good reason to be concerned about these laws, because they’ve been found to be coercive where they’ve been enacted,” said Greg Scott, vice president of communications at Alliance Defending Freedom, a Christian legal group.

twomp
06-30-2015, 01:37 PM
+rep

I agree, since it has to do with the loss of freedom.

+rep you back! BTW, 5 more minutes of prayer for you! Sacrifices need to be made for words are cheap!

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 01:41 PM
+rep you back! BTW, 5 more minutes of prayer for you! Sacrifices need to be made for words are cheap!

http://tallulahbankhead.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/hostess-zinger1.jpg!!!!!!!

twomp
06-30-2015, 01:51 PM
http://tallulahbankhead.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/hostess-zinger1.jpg!!!!!!!

Thanks! =)

Southron
06-30-2015, 01:55 PM
No doubt they will want to push thought crime legislation through in every state as well.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 02:02 PM
No doubt they will want to push thought crime legislation through in every state as well.

Yes. The hate tribunals are coming.

Terry1
06-30-2015, 02:05 PM
"Gay Mafia"---LMAO here---just picturing that in my mind--sorry. I've never even heard of it before now.

twomp
06-30-2015, 02:05 PM

We all need to setup prayer groups to keep this from happening! PRAY THE GAY AWAY!!! Pray harder everyone! We can stop this!

AuH20
06-30-2015, 02:07 PM

Taste the rainbow!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/4/44/Rolling_gays.png

Terry1
06-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Taste the rainbow!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/4/44/Rolling_gays.png

LOl

AuH20
06-30-2015, 02:08 PM
We all need to setup prayer groups to keep this from happening! PRAY THE GAY AWAY!!! Pray harder everyone! We can stop this!

A mutated STD should do the trick.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 02:11 PM

Instead of throwing out your zingers and trying to bash the "fundies" you hate, you should be worried about what is happening to freedom. Because what is happening is going to happen to you too.

But you are not in this fight for freedom that we are all in.

Feeding the Abscess
06-30-2015, 02:13 PM
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11667496_441967309309103_6014048646506589406_n.jpg ?oh=04709b1bad5e100b5eccfd97ecb843a1&oe=55E95C6D

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11403375_1604245389841671_5360955111838867683_n.jp g?oh=8b6c4350076957afb2eeffb3534e47db&oe=561955B2

AuH20
06-30-2015, 02:18 PM
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11667496_441967309309103_6014048646506589406_n.jpg ?oh=04709b1bad5e100b5eccfd97ecb843a1&oe=55E95C6D

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11403375_1604245389841671_5360955111838867683_n.jp g?oh=8b6c4350076957afb2eeffb3534e47db&oe=561955B2

History is just repeating itself. I understand that this is certainly not indicative of all LGBT but it's a scary precedent. Fiercely authoritarian homosexuals.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/080515

Ludwig Lenz worked at the Sex Research Institute in Berlin, which was destroyed by Hitler's Brown Shirts in 1933 likely because its records, including 40,000 confessions from members of the Nazi Party, would have exposed the sexual perversions of Nazi leadership. Lenz said that "not ten percent of the men who, in 1933, took the fate of Germany into their hands, were sexually normal."

In fact, the Nazi Party began in a gay bar in Munich, and Ernst Roehm, Hitler's right hand in the early days of Nazism, was well-known for his taste in young boys. William Shirer says in his definitive "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," not only that Roehm was "important in the rise of Hitler," but also "like so many of the early Nazis, (he was) a homosexual."

Hitler eventually had Roehm shot, not because he was a homosexual but because his influence over the Brown Shirts made him a political threat to Hitler's control. The Roehm Purge, or "Night of the Long Knives," was largely implemented by homosexuals.

Hitler's Brown Shirts, the dreaded SA, better known as "Storm Troopers," were the creation of another homosexual, Gerhard Rossbach, and Storm Troopers were almost exclusively homosexual. They also, sadly, comprised most of the leadership of the Hitler Youth, resulting in frequent instances of sexual molestation.

The Brown Shirts were Hitler's enforcers. According to Nazi historian Louis Snyder, Roehm recruited homosexuals into the SA because Roehm felt Germany needed "a proud and arrogant lot who could brawl, carouse, smash windows, kill and slaughter for the hell of it. Straights, in (Roehm's) eyes, were not as adept in such behavior as practicing homosexuals."

Terry1
06-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry, but gays forcing churches to marry them or face discrimination charges is totally wrong. They didn't like being forced to do and be something they weren't and they should respect that of any church just the same who would be violating their religious beliefs by performing a marriage that violates that belief. There's plenty of churches that will marry gays today. There's no need to target churches simply because they feel they can now. After all--nothing will change Gods opinion no matter how many churches they attack for discrimination.

TheCount
06-30-2015, 02:46 PM

What sorts of things do you think that an LGBT person associates the word 'conservative' with?

RabbitMan
06-30-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry, but gays forcing churches to marry them or face discrimination charges is totally wrong. They didn't like being forced to do and be something they weren't and they should respect that of any church just the same who would be violating their religious beliefs by performing a marriage that violates that belief. There's plenty of churches that will marry gays today. There's no need to target churches simply because they feel they can now. After all--nothing will change Gods opinion no matter how many churches they attack for discrimination.

What gays are forcing churches to marry them? Where is this stuff coming from? There are always going to be a few douchebags, but for one second, ONE SECOND, imagine that homosexuals are just like you--except they like other homosexual men.

Now imagine they want to get married, just like (presumably) you do. What in the world would cause you to want to get married in a place full of people that detest you? How awful would that feel. Who is propagating the idea that all of a sudden LGBT couples want to rush into hateful churches and force them to perform wedding ceremonies. THIS IS THEIR WEDDING.

They didn't fight for this right to tweak Christians, they fought for it because they have been denied basic rights, like visiting their partner in the hospital, because they are not considered related.

They want the same dignity treated upon the rest of hetero society through its legal institutions.
Is that really so much to ask?

twomp
06-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Instead of throwing out your zingers and trying to bash the "fundies" you hate, you should be worried about what is happening to freedom. Because what is happening is going to happen to you too.

But you are not in this fight for freedom that we are all in.

Trust me, there are a lot of people who support gay people getting their unions and will STILL stand by your side should they come for your churches. Many of whom are on this forum. YOU are the one making it EITHER YOU ARE WITH US OR AGAINST US which is not true. I will stand by your side if they come after your church, I guarantee it! Until then, I will laugh at your Armageddon predictions because of this.

Anti Federalist
06-30-2015, 05:15 PM
http://img10.deviantart.net/5269/i/2013/179/4/d/unicorns_fart_rainbows_by_sperlingsmaedchen-d6b1fon.png

Clearly, you have not been paying atttention.

What gays are forcing churches to marry them? Where is this stuff coming from? There are always going to be a few douchebags, but for one second, ONE SECOND, imagine that homosexuals are just like you--except they like other homosexual men.

Now imagine they want to get married, just like (presumably) you do. What in the world would cause you to want to get married in a place full of people that detest you? How awful would that feel. Who is propagating the idea that all of a sudden LGBT couples want to rush into hateful churches and force them to perform wedding ceremonies. THIS IS THEIR WEDDING.

They didn't fight for this right to tweak Christians, they fought for it because they have been denied basic rights, like visiting their partner in the hospital, because they are not considered related.

They want the same dignity treated upon the rest of hetero society through its legal institutions.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Trust me, there are a lot of people who support gay people getting their unions and will STILL stand by your side should they come for your churches. Many of whom are on this forum. YOU are the one making it EITHER YOU ARE WITH US OR AGAINST US which is not true. I will stand by your side if they come after your church, I guarantee it! Until then, I will laugh at your Armageddon predictions because of this.

You sound like the conservatives in the 08 election who would ask Ron Paul supporters "but what liberties have you actually lost?"

twomp
06-30-2015, 07:53 PM
You sound like the conservatives in the 08 election who would ask Ron Paul supporters "but what liberties have you actually lost?"

And you sound like the statists who say legalizing marijuana will cause everyone to be heroin addicts or stopping the NSA illegal surveillance will lead to the deaths of millions of Americans. Knee-jerk reaction and Fear MONGERING! Bippity Boppity BOO!!

Your problem is with the Governement not the gay people yet you can't seem to separate that because of your religion.

DisneyFan
06-30-2015, 08:59 PM

We've already seen bakers, photographers, and others attacked. This isn't just about churches.

PRB
07-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Equality is the opposite of liberty, shocker.

AngryCanadian
07-01-2015, 05:35 AM
:rolleyes:
This is all because they are trying to show to Russia this.

"Look Russia We can do and have Gay Marriages! you dont"

The American government is something run like a child.

tod evans
07-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Just wondering.......

Since the clowns in gowns decreed corporations people and since there's special governmental favors for minority owned corporations......

Would it be possible for two minority owned corporations to declare themselves ***** then merge [gay marriage] and be qualified for even more freebies?

It all gets so damn confusing being PC in today's world...

Sola_Fide
07-01-2015, 06:34 AM

Yes. Equality requires government, liberty does not.

Carlybee
07-01-2015, 06:46 AM
We have an anti-discrimination ordinance in Houston.

Voluntarist
07-01-2015, 06:58 AM
xxxxx

tod evans
07-01-2015, 07:17 AM
What sorts of things do you think that an LGBT person associates the word 'conservative' with?

Who cares?

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2015, 07:24 AM

I wonder if you realize how limp-noodle your satire is, considering the severe satirical nature of what gays are actually doing, y'know, in reality...

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2015, 07:30 AM

Why would you apologize for something like that?

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2015, 07:32 AM

Are you serious right now? "Rights" like being considered relatives by the government? Since when does the government's consideration of you constitute a "right"?

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2015, 07:35 AM
:rolleyes:
This is all because they are trying to show to Russia this.

"Look Russia We can do and have Gay Marriages! you dont"

The American government is something run like a child.

Lol, I really doubt that. I also believe it is quite likely that French is your first language.

otherone
07-01-2015, 07:49 AM

I'm not sure, but I doubt the Holy Spirit would be present in a ceremony wedding a monkey to a duck, no matter the relative piety of the officiating preacher.

otherone
07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Yes. Equality requires government, liberty does not.

Equality requires an equalizer.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.VNET4TSoXWmpntasIpTW9g&pid=15.1&P=0

acptulsa
07-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Are you serious right now? "Rights" like being considered relatives by the government? Since when does the government's consideration of you constitute a "right"?

Since the government passed a million laws and the corporations enacted a billion poliices that allow married people certain benefits tht gays have no access to. And that the celibate have no access to.

I wonder when the celibate people will stand up and start shouting?

Equality is the opposite of liberty, shocker.Yes. Equality requires government, liberty does not.

Equality comes from God, just as Thomas Jefferson said. Just like liberty.

All government cares about is making some 'animals more equal than others', as Orwell taught us long ago.

Ronin Truth
07-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Isn't 'discrimination' a necessary built in survival mechanism of the species? :confused:

kahless
07-01-2015, 08:11 AM

Don't be sorry, that is part of the problem.

twomp
07-01-2015, 11:22 AM
I wonder if you realize how limp-noodle your satire is, considering the severe satirical nature of what gays are actually doing, y'know, in reality...

Your fear mongering is satirical. Step off the ledge. Your problem is with the government but because of your religion, you are blaming it on the gays. So either focus your anger where it belongs (the government) or pray harder and ask your God to step in.

Sola_Fide
07-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Isn't 'discrimination' a necessary built in survival mechanism of the species? :confused:

If you are using nature as the standard for what is right, then murder and statism are right too, because its in our nature.

Evolutionism completely fails to defend liberty.

Ronin Truth
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
If you are using nature as the standard for what is right, then murder and statism are right too, because its in our nature.

Evolutionism completely fails to defend liberty.
Nature's fault, got it.

Who designed this mess?

Perhaps six days was just not quite enough time to spend on it.

Back to the drawing board.

DO OVERS!

PRB
07-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Equality comes from God, just as Thomas Jefferson said. Just like liberty.

All government cares about is making some 'animals more equal than others', as Orwell taught us long ago.

Exactly, the slaves in this country were equal and God protected them from government, they had all the liberty they deserved, until government messed it up.

Ronin Truth
07-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Dear Heavenly Father,

Please take some more time and do it much better next time.

Thanks for listening!

Amen!

TheCount
07-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Who cares?

People who want to advance the cause of liberty, I suppose.

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Your fear mongering is satirical. Step off the ledge. Your problem is with the government but because of your religion, you are blaming it on the gays. So either focus your anger where it belongs (the government) or pray harder and ask your God to step in.

My anger is focused where it belongs. Where have I demonstrated any anger toward gays?

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Nature's fault, got it.

Who designed this mess?

Perhaps six days was just not quite enough time to spend on it.

Back to the drawing board.

DO OVERS!

What makes you think God considers it a mess?

tod evans
07-01-2015, 05:24 PM

Who cares?

People who want to advance the cause of liberty, I suppose.

So it's your opinion that "People who want to advance the cause of liberty" should care what ***** think about conservatives?

Or are you meaning something you didn't type?

TheCount
07-01-2015, 08:40 PM
So it's your opinion that "People who want to advance the cause of liberty" should care what ***** think about conservatives?

I find it hilariously ironic that you ask that, because you managed to read something other than what I typed.

Where did I say anything about conservatives? I asked about the word 'conservative' and nothing more than that. If 'conservative' was associated with laws, people, parties, etc. which furiously tried to legislate against your liberty, would you at all associate 'conservative' with freedom?

r3volution 3.0
07-01-2015, 10:08 PM
The proposals pit advocates against many of the same religious conservatives who opposed legalizing same-sex marriage, and who now see the protection of what they call religious liberty as their most urgent task. These opponents argue that anti-discrimination laws will inevitably be used to force religious people and institutions to violate their beliefs.

Boom, you just lost.

Unless we can reclaim the principle that private property owners can disciminate against anyone for any reason simply because it is their property, we're just managing the decline.

+1

Sola_Fide
07-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Dear Heavenly Father,

Please take some more time and do it much better next time.

Thanks for listening!

Amen!

Zinger! Good job man!

twomp
07-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Zinger! Good job man!

Do all devout christians spend all day trolling online forums like you do or were you specially chosen?

dillo
07-01-2015, 11:18 PM

All gay people are clearly the same

edit.

That was sarcasm

Ronin Truth
07-02-2015, 04:08 AM
discrimination definition

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=discrimination+definition&gbv=2&oq=discrimination&gs_l=heirloom-hp.1.1.0l10.3266.11594.0.15735.14.10.0.4.4.0.250.1 764.0j7j3.10.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..0.14.1966.zfiVVh5AR_M

dis·crim·i·na·tion/dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/

noun

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.
the selection of a signal having a required characteristic, such as frequency or amplitude, by means of a discriminator that rejects all unwanted signals.

tod evans
07-02-2015, 04:42 AM
I find it hilariously ironic that you ask that, because you managed to read something other than what I typed.

Where did I say anything about conservatives? I asked about the word 'conservative' and nothing more than that. If 'conservative' was associated with laws, people, parties, etc. which furiously tried to legislate against your liberty, would you at all associate 'conservative' with freedom?

Here, let me follow Ronin Truth's lead;

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/
adjective
holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool, hidebound, unadventurous, set in one's ways; More
noun
a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.
synonyms: right-winger, reactionary, rightist, diehard;

Now since you were obviously talking about either the behavior of or the people themselves in your query my unanswered question remains;

If you'd like to pontificate about your opinion of conservatives why not just do that instead of trying to make it sound like you're willing to give them a fair shake but they're somehow oppressing you or yours?

Personally I could give a shit, crying to government is crying to government no matter who does it, hence;

Who cares?

TheCount
07-02-2015, 06:03 AM
Now since you were obviously talking about either the behavior of or the people themselves in your query my unanswered question remains;

I'm glad that you're here to tell me what I meant when I wrote my post. I don't know what I would do without people like you. I'd just go around saying things I didn't mean all the time.

Personally I could give a shit, crying to government is crying to government no matter who does it, hence;

Absolutely. Now... who cried first? Gays, or religious "conservatives"?

"Please, Mr. Government, don't let the ***** have sex, because my faith is so fragile that the fact that other people don't follow my religious practices would somehow impact me."

And/or:

"Please, Mr. Government, don't let the ***** have sex, because if they did, it would hurt my precious little feelings."

tod evans
07-02-2015, 06:48 AM
I'm glad that you're here to tell me what I meant when I wrote my post. I don't know what I would do without people like you. I'd just go around saying things I didn't mean all the time.

English really isn't that difficult if it's your primary language.

If you actually mean something different than what you type maybe you should type it....

Absolutely. Now... who cried first? Gays, or religious "conservatives"?

"Please, Mr. Government, don't let the ***** have sex, because my faith is so fragile that the fact that other people don't follow my religious practices would somehow impact me."

And/or:

"Please, Mr. Government, don't let the ***** have sex, because if they did, it would hurt my precious little feelings."

Doesn't matter to me one whit.....

Your opinion however is obvious in the verbiage with which you couched the questions, why not state your opinion instead of making leading queries of someone who's stated he doesn't give a shit?

I'm anti-government, my opinion on evangelical religions or ***** doesn't weigh in this decision other than to condemn them both for trying to use government to push their respective agendas.

PaulConventionWV
07-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Do all devout christians spend all day trolling online forums like you do or were you specially chosen?

S_F is a hotel manager. He has showed us pictures. So I wouldn't be accusing him of being a loser like you are implying.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Why can't every gay person be like Boy George?

Former Culture Club front man Boy George has slammed same-sex ‘weddings’, insisting marriage is outdated and has no place in modern or gay culture...

..."The idea that gay people have to mimic what obviously doesn’t work for straight people anymore, I think is a bit tragic."

alucard13mm
07-02-2015, 12:46 PM
I wonder what the outcome will be between a muslim or jewish baker versus a gay marriage cake. It seems most of these incidents involve [minority] vs christians/white.

Sola_Fide
07-02-2015, 12:49 PM
S_F is a hotel manager. He has showed us pictures. So I wouldn't be accusing him of being a loser like you are implying.

I successfully manage a nationally award winning business every day. :) I'm not the "parent's basement" type of poster.

twomp
07-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I successfully manage a nationally award winning business every day. :) I'm not the "parent's basement" type of poster.

And you still find time to troll these forums and educate us on the lord's word too! Awesome man +1

AuH20
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Why can't every gay person be like Boy George?

I think it's just about poisoning the well. They have no interest in marriage.