PDA

View Full Version : Authorities: Anti-vaccine doctor dead in apparent suicide

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2015, 03:50 PM
CHIMNEY ROCK, N.C. -- Authorities say Dr. Jeff Bradstreet, who published research based on the medically disproved claim that vaccines cause autism, has been found dead in an apparent suicide in North Carolina.

The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office said in a news release issued this week that Bradstreet died of what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest.

Bradstreet, who was from Braselton, Georgia, was found in the Rocky Broad River in Chimney Rock on June 19. His body was found by a fisherman. The sheriff's department said Tuesday that a handgun was also pulled from the river.

Authorities are still investigating.

Bradstreet ran a clinic in Buford, Georgia. He also owned Creation's Own, a maker of dietary supplements, which he also prescribed.

The Gwinnett Daily Post reports that agents from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, aided by the Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency, raided the Bradstreet Wellness Center last week. The FDA did not reveal to the paper why agents had searched Bradstreet's office.

So he was so distraught after linking vaccines to autism that he shot himself and threw himself into the river :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/authorities-anti-vaccine-doctor-dead-in-apparent-suicide/

timosman
06-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Dup - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477413

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2015, 04:24 PM
This site has too many sub-forums now

Slave Mentality
06-28-2015, 04:28 PM

Seconded.

sparebulb
06-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Seconded.

Thirded

There should be a subsection devoted to creating new subsections. Plus, all posts should be routinely moved to other subsections to get people in the habit of expecting to not find their posts where they originally found them.

Danke
06-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Fourthed?

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2015, 08:20 PM
Thirded

There should be a subsection devoted to creating new subsections. Plus, all posts should be routinely moved to other subsections to get people in the habit of expecting to not find their posts where they originally found them.

That's pretty much my forum experience summed up. Losing general politics was like having eminent domain take away my home.

ghengis86
06-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Fourthed?

F. I. F.

Fif'd

acptulsa
06-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Thirded

There should be a subsection devoted to creating new subsections.

Maybe we could set up Parallel Universal Subforums. We could have two subforums on every subject and a thread in each on every topic. That way we can be for something and against something at the same time--we can be pro in one thread and con in the parallel thread.

This would give us an important leg up on the establishment politicians. We'll be easily able to straddle the fence on every single issue under the sun!

jct74
06-28-2015, 10:03 PM

We just got rid of a bunch of forums a few months ago, haven't you noticed? There was actually a long discussion about this before it happened:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?465590-2015-Forum-Layout-Adjustments

I was saying the same thing as you and hoping for more people to come into the thread to back up my position. As it turned out we still got rid of at least 5 forums and significantly reduced the length of the index page, which was getting to be way too long. I do think we could probably get rid of a few more, such as "Austrian Economics / Economic Theory", but the situation is a lot better than it used to be and not really a big problem anymore. If you think it's still a big problem though the thread linked above is still open or you could could post a new thread is Site Feedback. Bryan reads everything there.

Really though the number of forums is not that big of a deal as long as you use New Posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post) / Today's Posts (www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getdaily) to keep up the latest posts instead of trying to navigate from forum to forum.

RonPaul4Prez2012
06-28-2015, 10:40 PM

Way to many. I'm not sure if the owner adresses feedback. I think 2 main rooms is all you need. And then maybe some state sub forums.

1. Rand and Ron Paul

2. Current News (Other)

That would really heat the place up.

The current state is very slow. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Definitely need a conspiracy section too.

jct74
06-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Way to many. I'm not sure if the owner adresses feedback.

Bryan replies to most of the threads in the Site Feedback forum, in addition to reading every post.

I think 2 main rooms is all you need. And then maybe some state sub forums.

1. Rand and Ron Paul

2. Current News (Other)

That would really heat the place up.

The current state is very slow. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I agree with you that splitting up into too many forums creates a dead vibe and sucks away positive energy. I made that point several times in the 2015 Forum Layout Adjustments (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?465590-2015-Forum-Layout-Adjustments) thread actually. And when we did finally incorporate some of the suggestions in that thread to reduce the number of forums, the level of posting activity at RPF seemed to increase noticeably. But I don't think we should cut back the number of forums that drastically as you suggest. Most of them that we have now I would probably keep, but there are a few we could get rid of still.

Hot Topics is the conspiracy section.

jct74
06-29-2015, 12:29 AM
That's pretty much my forum experience summed up. Losing general politics was like having eminent domain take away my home.

General Politics was renamed to U.S. Political News. It's pretty much the same otherwise, although I think it should probably just be named "U.S. Politics".

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-29-2015, 01:04 AM
General Politics was renamed to U.S. Political News. It's pretty much the same otherwise, although I think it should probably just be named "U.S. Politics".
But I was under the impression that anything outside of the U.S. is not welcome in U.S. Political News, therefore it's not a true General Politics. It's split into that and world affairs now.

dannno
06-29-2015, 01:07 AM

Hot Topics.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Hot Topics.

Hot topics, the place topics go to die

idiom
06-29-2015, 03:10 AM
Hot topics, the place topics go to die

For like a year and a half that was the only forum I posted in.

On topic... who the fuck commits suicide by gunshot wound to the chest? That's up there with hari kari.

ghengis86
06-29-2015, 05:48 AM
For like a year and a half that was the only forum I posted in.

On topic... who the fuck commits suicide by gunshot wound to the chest? That's up there with hari kari.

Agreed. Two to the back of the head is SOP I thought.

limequat
06-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Agreed. Two to the back of the head is SOP I thought.

While handcuffed.

AngryCanadian
06-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a Murder.

Sam I am
06-29-2015, 09:57 AM

This site has Sub-forums? I thought that It just had 1 big forum: the "New Posts" forum.

Ronin Truth
06-29-2015, 03:09 PM
"Ah, the good old apparent suicide trick, I see." -- Maxwell Smart