PDA

View Full Version : Franklin Graham - "I will not comply if government forces me to marry same sex couples"

Anti Federalist
06-28-2015, 02:54 PM
But wait just a got damned minute Pastor...what about Romans 13?

Exclusive: Franklin Graham Warns Gay Marriage Ruling Will Lead To Christian Persecution

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/06/28/exclusive-franklin-graham-warns-gay-marriage-ruling-will-lead-christian-persecution

By Todd Starnes, Fox Nation

One of the nation’s most prominent evangelical leaders issued a dire warning for the nation in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s ruling on homosexual marriage.

“I believe God could bring judgment upon America,” said Franklin Graham in an exclusive interview.

Graham told me that Christians should be prepared for persecution in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s ruling on homosexual marriage.

“You better be ready and you better be prepared because it’s coming,” Graham said just moments after the court handed down its ruling. “There will be persecution of Christians for our stand.”

Graham, the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse, said he was disappointed in the 5-4 Supreme Court ruling.

“I’m disappointed because the government is recognizing sin,” he said. “This court is endorsing sin. That’s what homosexuality is – a sin against god.”

Graham said regardless of the ruling, he will refuse to marry any same-sex couple.

“I will never recognize it in my heart because God gave marriage between a man and a woman and that’s what marriage is,” he said. “And I don’t think the court – since it never defined marriage – doesn’t have the right to redefine it. God gave us marriage. Period. And God doesn’t change his mind.”

The Supreme Court's decision means gay rights now trump religious liberty. And if you think the cultural purging of the Southern States has been breathtaking, wait until you see what LGBT activists are about to unleash on American Christians.

“If pastors are going to be forced to provide marriage services for gay couples, I’m not going to do it,” Graham declared.

Churches and faith-based business should prepare for lawsuits and government investigations. Pastors who refuse to perform gay marriages and preach from the Bible should prepare for hate crime charges. All dissent will be silenced by the government and the activists.

But I believe that an overwhelming number of Christians will defy the law.

Governor Mike Huckabee posted this message on Facebook: "I will not acquiesce to an imperial court," vowing to "resist and reject judicial tyranny."

In closing, I am reminded of something the late Charles Colson wrote: "If we're not willing to fight this, even to the point of breaking the law, or refusing to recognize the law, then we will lose everything."

Given the choice of obeying God or the government, I believe Christians will obey God - even if there is hell to pay.

RJB
06-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Where's the quotation of him telling whites, blacks etc. to comply with cops and they get to live. Who does he think he'll be facing if he goes against a law to perform gay weddings, Obama?

Listen up--Blacks, Whites, Latinos, and everybody else. Most police shootings can be avoided. It comes down to respect for authority and obedience. If a police officer tells you to stop, you stop. If a police officer tells you to put your hands in the air, you put your hands in the air. If a police officer tells you to lay down face first with your hands behind your back, you lay down face first with your hands behind your back. It’s as simple as that. Even if you think the police officer is wrong—YOU OBEY. Parents, teach your children to respect and obey those in authority. Mr. President, this is a message our nation needs to hear, and they need to hear it from you. Some of the unnecessary shootings we have seen recently might have been avoided. The Bible says to submit to your leaders and those in authority “because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account.”

--The dumbass known as Franklin Graham

sparebulb
06-28-2015, 03:02 PM
I estimate Franklin Graham to be a bible-thumping version of a chicken hawk.

Just you watch, Franklin Graham will not be the one to be prosecuted for not performing a **** marriage.

He will lend his organizations "support" for fighting the injustice to some low level SOB who actually had the balls to tell some ***** to go away.

That way, FG gets to collect more protection money for his organization.

His jet doesn't fly on "thanks".

aGameOfThrones
06-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Where's the quotation of him telling whites, blacks etc. to comply with cops and they get to live. Who does he think he'll be facing if he goes against a law to perform gay weddings, Obama?

Listen up--neo-cons, and everybody else. Most SCOTUS opinons can be avoided. It comes down to Tolerance for others' life style. If a SCOTUS' opinion tells you to marry gays, you marry gays. If a SCOTUS' opinion tells you to put your hands in the air and pronounce them men and men or women and women, you put your hands in the air and you pronounce them men and men or women and women. If a SCOTUS' opinion tells you to lay down face first with your tongue licking their holy black dress, you lay down face first with your tongue licking their holy dress. It's as simple as that. Even if you think the SCOTUS opinion is wrong-YOU OBEY. Parents, teach your children to respect and obey those in authority. Mr. President, this is a message our nation needs to hear, and it needs to hear it from you. Some of the unnecessary court opinions we have seen recently might have been avoided. The Bible says to submit to your leaders and those in authority "because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account."

it's so so

tod evans
06-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Franklin Graham have some crow.......

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-28-2015, 03:33 PM
America: Forcing people into involuntary servitude since 1619

euphemia
06-28-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure Franklin Graham does much in the way of weddings. He's mostly taken up with social commentary and running Samaritan's Purse, a religious nonprofit that does relief work around the world.

Anti Federalist
06-28-2015, 05:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2vtg977.png

Anti Federalist
06-30-2015, 07:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQUlr4Xc3s

euphemia
06-30-2015, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure Franklin Graham does much in the way of weddings. He's mostly taken up with social commentary and running Samaritan's Purse, a religious nonprofit that does relief work around the world.

What I meant by this is that Graham is not a pastor and probably does not do a lot of weddings in the first place. It's easy to threaten civil disobedience when the chances of being in a position to civilly disobey are slim to none.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 08:12 AM

That was catchy.

Sola_Fide
06-30-2015, 08:15 AM
But wait just a got damned minute Pastor...what about Romans 13?

Exclusive: Franklin Graham Warns Gay Marriage Ruling Will Lead To Christian Persecution

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/06/28/exclusive-franklin-graham-warns-gay-marriage-ruling-will-lead-christian-persecution

By Todd Starnes, Fox Nation

One of the nation’s most prominent evangelical leaders issued a dire warning for the nation in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s ruling on homosexual marriage.

“I believe God could bring judgment upon America,” said Franklin Graham in an exclusive interview.

Graham told me that Christians should be prepared for persecution in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s ruling on homosexual marriage.

“You better be ready and you better be prepared because it’s coming,” Graham said just moments after the court handed down its ruling. “There will be persecution of Christians for our stand.”

Graham, the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse, said he was disappointed in the 5-4 Supreme Court ruling.

“I’m disappointed because the government is recognizing sin,” he said. “This court is endorsing sin. That’s what homosexuality is – a sin against god.”

Graham said regardless of the ruling, he will refuse to marry any same-sex couple.

“I will never recognize it in my heart because God gave marriage between a man and a woman and that’s what marriage is,” he said. “And I don’t think the court – since it never defined marriage – doesn’t have the right to redefine it. God gave us marriage. Period. And God doesn’t change his mind.”

The Supreme Court's decision means gay rights now trump religious liberty. And if you think the cultural purging of the Southern States has been breathtaking, wait until you see what LGBT activists are about to unleash on American Christians.

“If pastors are going to be forced to provide marriage services for gay couples, I’m not going to do it,” Graham declared.

Churches and faith-based business should prepare for lawsuits and government investigations. Pastors who refuse to perform gay marriages and preach from the Bible should prepare for hate crime charges. All dissent will be silenced by the government and the activists.

But I believe that an overwhelming number of Christians will defy the law.

Governor Mike Huckabee posted this message on Facebook: "I will not acquiesce to an imperial court," vowing to "resist and reject judicial tyranny."

In closing, I am reminded of something the late Charles Colson wrote: "If we're not willing to fight this, even to the point of breaking the law, or refusing to recognize the law, then we will lose everything."

Given the choice of obeying God or the government, I believe Christians will obey God - even if there is hell to pay.

Haha....this bootlicker finally found something that he won't do for his masters?

phill4paul
06-30-2015, 08:20 AM
Lol. SMDH.

specsaregood
06-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Haha....this bootlicker finally found something that he won't do for his masters?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001585449/4854749137_simpsons_nelson_haha_1_xlarge.jpeg

JK/SEA
06-30-2015, 08:23 AM
I’m disappointed because the government is recognizing sin,” he said. “This court is endorsing sin. That’s what homosexuality is – a sin against god.”

huh...well...you have your 'issues' and i have mine.

Personally, i think the current foreign policy we have is far more sinister, but i could be wrong after seeing all these multiple threads on this gay marriage non-issue we seem to be stuck on....

oh well...lifes a bitch and then ya die.

Sam I am
06-30-2015, 08:46 AM

It's a good thing for those pastors that they're not going to be forced to provide marriage services for gay couples, at least not according to this supreme court decision.

acptulsa
06-30-2015, 08:52 AM
It's a good thing for those pastors that they're not going to be forced to provide marriage services for gay couples, at least not according to this supreme court decision.

Much posturing, no meaning at all.

'Tis a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

jbauer
06-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Much posturing, no meaning at all.

'Tis a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Ahh, but when Rand Paul gets up and talks about drone strikes at corner coffee joints in America we stand and applaud. I don't care about gay people or what they do in the bedroom. I do care that they can sue a florist or a baker or soon to be a church for not joining in on their chosen path.

enhanced_deficit
06-30-2015, 09:01 AM
God's hand working mysteriously? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?477348-SCOTUS-legalizes-Gay-Marriage-10th-Amendment-Obliterated&p=5907485&viewfull=1#post5907485)

His anti-semitic dad used to have big influence on last Christian based POTUS who ran on family values/gay marriage ban.. how things have changed in last 7 years.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z-wVFkzyLb0/hqdefault.jpg

Rove: Bush serious about gay marriage ban
USA Today
Nov 8, 2004 - President Bush in his second term absolutely would push for a constitutional amendment that says marriage consists only of the union of a man ...
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/2004-11-08-bush-gay-marriage_x.htm

acptulsa
06-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Ahh, but when Rand Paul gets up and talks about drone strikes at corner coffee joints in America we stand and applaud. I don't care about gay people or what they do in the bedroom. I do care that they can sue a florist or a baker or soon to be a church for not joining in on their chosen path.

Me, too. And I'm not saying they won't keep pushing until they feel they can tell pastors and congregations what to do in their own churches. I'm just saying that The Reverend Mr. Even if you think the police officer is wrong—YOU OBEY can go take a long walk on a short pier, for all the good his self-serving pretended defiance will do us in curbing this tyranny.

Anti Federalist
07-02-2015, 08:05 PM
That doesn’t sit well with me and I refuse to comply

Says the woman who just got fined $135k for not baking a lesbian wedding cake.

Zippyjuan
07-02-2015, 09:42 PM
The Supreme court ruling doesn't force anybody to conduct gay marriages if they don't want to.

http://www.npr.org/2015/07/01/419076178/clarification-on-supreme-courts-same-sex-marriage-ruling

LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:

In the past few days, we've heard pastors on the air who disagree with the Supreme Court's decision and insist they will not perform weddings for same-sex couples. This has caused many of you to write in with a question.

RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:

It is whether pastors must perform same-sex weddings in light of the Supreme Court decision. And the answer is no.

WERTHEIMER: The court's decision applies only to how the government acts, not to religious institutions. In fact, the Supreme Court was explicit; ministers who do not approve of same-sex marriages cannot be forced to perform them.

acptulsa
07-02-2015, 10:06 PM
The Supreme court ruling doesn't force anybody to conduct gay marriages if they don't want to.

http://www.npr.org/2015/07/01/419076178/clarification-on-supreme-courts-same-sex-marriage-ruling

Tell it to your local private wedding chapel or justice of the peace.

Christian Liberty
07-02-2015, 10:16 PM

I don't like what he said, but I think he'd quote Acts 5:29 and say that the lone exception is when government tells you to sin.

enhanced_deficit
02-19-2019, 04:09 PM
He could be in a bind if he was a supporter of MAGA till now:

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?531716-Trump-administration-launches-global-effort-to-end-criminalization-of-homosexuality&)

euphemia
02-19-2019, 07:16 PM
Tell it to your local private wedding chapel or justice of the peace.

That would not be the same as a wedding in an actual church. A justice of the peace is given authority by the state and would be required to perform the ceremony. They are not ordained by a church.

It's going to get dicey for actual pastors and ministers. I know churches are starting to pass by laws so that same-sex marriages cannot be performed in the church. I would think those ministers would be able to decline invitations to peform same-sex ceremonies outside the church.

Our denomination has approved same-sex marriages. When that ruling passed, our bishop declared that there would be no changes in our diocese. Since that time he maintains the stand, but the denomination has ruled that couples can see oversight from other bishops. I don't know how that works.

euphemia
02-19-2019, 07:17 PM
My personal take is that nobody can force me to celebrate, affirm, or certify anything.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-19-2019, 10:26 PM

Holy crap; that was disturbing.

timosman
02-20-2019, 12:24 AM
My personal take is that nobody can force me to celebrate, affirm, or certify anything.

Your boss would disagree. :D