PDA

View Full Version : Al 'Tax Dodger' Sharpton Demands U.S. Military Bases To Erase Ties To Confederacy

AuH20
06-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Here we go.

http://www.businessinsider.com/al-sharpton-protest-at-fort-hamilton-2015-6

The Rev. Al Sharpton's civil rights group, the National Action Network, wants the US military to rename all of its facilities that honor Confederate Army figures including a street named for Robert E. Lee on Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, New York.

Sharpton will be holding a vigil in front of Fort Hamilton on Saturday. Ahead of that event, Minister Kirsten John Foy, the National Action Network's northeast regional director, held a press conference in front of the base on Thursday.

Foy said it is "unacceptable" that the main street running through the base is named "General Lee Avenue." He noted Fort Hamilton's slogan dubs the base the "face of the United States Army in New York."

"Fort Hamilton is the face of the US Army here in New York and the face of the US Army here in New York is General Robert E. Lee," said Foy. "That is unacceptable as a New Yorker, as an American, and as a person of good conscience."

After Foy's remarks, a reporter asked whether the fight over Confederate symbols and names might be distracting from more pressing civil rights issues.

"We can walk and chew gum at the same time," Foy said. We can fight injustices on all fronts. We have to fight this battle from top to bottom, legislatively and symbolically."

The Army has released statements indicating it has no intention of changing any base names. Business Insider asked Foy whether National Action Network would push President Barack Obama or any of the 2016 candidates to take action to rename the bases.

"We've got to look for the future. The president has done a yeoman's job in moving the US military into the 21st century," Foy said. He can't do it all in eight years. There is another president on the way and, whoever the president is, they've got to make it known to us what their position is on the state of the Confederacy in 2015."

Ronin Truth
06-26-2015, 09:22 AM
I demand that the U.S. military erase Al Sharpton.

euphemia
06-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Sharpton is clueless. He was born in New York and has lived there all his life as far as I know.

DFF
06-26-2015, 06:57 PM
"White folks was in caves while we were building empires…. We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek ***** ever got around to it."

Quote that always springs to mind anytime I here Sharpton's name.

ThePaleoLibertarian
06-26-2015, 07:03 PM
From Marcus Garvey and Malcolm X to Al Sharpton... Modernity is a toxic stew that infects all races throughout the West.

Dianne
06-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Sharpton is clueless. He was born in New York and has lived there all his life as far as I know.

under how many different names? lol

XNavyNuke
06-26-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm waiting for the purge of ship names. You got slave owners, plantations, and Confederate victories all memorialized within the commissioned rolls.

XNN

phill4paul
06-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Make a deal. Al joins the U.S. Army for one six month combat deployed mission and I'm game.

Aratus
06-26-2015, 09:48 PM
When we entered WWII it is said that Romania had a better army than us, the Queen of Romania's army was ranked 16th globally and we were 17th.
In less than four year's time we became the nuclear superpower that dominated the second half of the 20th Century. Prior to the outbreak of war and
a major draft, many of our officers came from families that made the military a career. Some of these families had a grandfather or uncle who fought
for the South in the Civil War. More than half the men in the U.S Army between 1880 or 1890 up to 1940 "had ties to the Confederacy" and these are the
names you see on the monuments at the center of each town and city that list the war dead locally. Many of the men who served in the great Northern
armies who later entered civilian life after the war ended did not have a son or nephew enter the military as a career. Between 1865 and 1875 there was
a drastic reduction in the size of our military, and a tendency for career Union soldiers to go west of the Mississippi and accept a command position at a
frontier fort. Today's army is not the same as that of yesteryear, in the past our major wars had major drafts. Perhaps much of this belongs in a museum
and does not seem relevant now, but this is our history. Renaming things might appease some of the people who are angry & upset now, but this is temporary.

Uriel999
06-26-2015, 10:28 PM
fuck'em, fuck'em all

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-27-2015, 02:09 AM
I guess we should erase the entire Democratic party too, because its roots are in the racist south.