PDA

View Full Version : Justin Raimondo really likes Rand Paul's new book

jct74
06-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Rand Paul Takes A Stand
His campaign book is great reading

by Justin Raimondo
June 26, 2015

Campaign books are usually forgettable, uniformly boring, and go mostly unread. However, Sen. Rand Paul’s recently published addition to the genre is neither forgettable nor boring: if it goes largely unread then that will be a shame. For it is a sincerely written, even passionate defense of liberty in the tradition of Barry Goldwater’s The Conscience of a Conservative – the book that launched the contemporary conservative movement and eventually landed Ronald Reagan in the White House.

It covers a wide range of subjects, from the economy to our criminal injustice system, many of which are outside the purview of this column. Yet Taking A Stand: Moving Beyond Partisan Politics to Unite America does such a good job of weaving all these separate strands together into a comprehensive worldview that deciding where to mark the cutoff point is a difficult task. And so I’ll start, somewhat arbitrarily, smack dab in the middle of the book with the chapter entitled “The War on Liberty.”

The scene opens in Ferguson, Missouri, which Sen. Paul visited during the recent unrest – while the rest of his congressional colleagues stayed away. Paul recalls one woman in her seventies got up at a meeting he attended and said: “Where the hell is my Democrat congressman? I haven’t seen him since this whole thing started.”

read more:
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2015/06/25/rand-paul-takes-a-stand/

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2015, 10:45 AM

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2015, 10:48 AM
The Fourth Amendment...

I haven’t covered even half the topics dealt with in Sen. Paul’s very interesting – and well-written – book, both for lack of space and because a lot of it is outside the purview of this column. The chapter entitled “Can You Hear Me Now?” is perhaps the most passionate attack on the Surveillance State in print, right up there with the writings of Glenn Greenwald. If Paul is elected President, there is no doubt in my mind that the unconstitutional – and unconscionable – violations of the Fourth Amendment that have been hoisted on us in secret by our government will come to an end. That alone may win him the support of not only libertarians but the majority of Americans who fear their own government more than they fear a band of savages holed up in the desert thousands of miles away.

I urge you to pick up a copy of Taking A Stand, read it, and decide for yourself. I’ve been critical of the Senator in the past, but I’ve praised him when he puts on his man pants and sticks up for his principles – and us ordinary folks. And in this book his passion for liberty and his concern for those of us who don’t live inside the Beltway come through loud and clear.
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2015/06/25/rand-paul-takes-a-stand/

jct74
06-28-2015, 08:47 PM
bump