PDA

View Full Version : SCOTUS saves Obamacare in 6-25-15 opinion

wizardwatson
06-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Waiting for link to opinion. Just announced like 2 minutes ago.

Decision of the Fourth Circuit is affirmed in King v. Burwell. 6-3.

Subsidies upheld.

[update]
Here is the opinion, written by Chief Justice Roberts.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-114_qol1.pdf

cindy25
06-25-2015, 08:11 AM
www.scotusblog.com

joined I assume by Kenedy

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Roberts. I hope he is hit by lightning.

BTW Keep voting.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Scalia. Alito. Thomas. Dissent.

cindy25
he should be used against Jeb as another Bush screw up

AuH20
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1306/evidence-suggests-supreme-court-chief-justice-john-roberts-w-politics-1371655814.jpg

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:15 AM
Roberts needs to be punished.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:16 AM
2012 - It's not SCOTUS's job to fix Congress's shitty laws

2015 - This is a shittily written law, so we deem it means the opposite of what it says.

The Supreme Court should just close shop. It's completely useless and contradictory.

cindy25
06-25-2015, 08:16 AM
could Amash and Massie introduce articles of impeachment? wouldn't pass, but stress ......

someone gets a chance to redeem themselves, and correct their mistake, and they make the same mistake? senile or blackmailed or bribed?

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:18 AM
They just turned up the heat on the frog. Maybe not a bad thing after all.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:20 AM
The majority also acknowledges that the challengers' "arguments about the plain meaning . . . are strong."

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqoLjsn5jKo5zzwZ8YrHOikHahlF-oAiAg_HqlGInXo4jG6WnRsw

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:22 AM
This country is more fucked up than I thought. Read this drivel from the highest court in the land. They are making up stuff as they go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After acknowledging the strength of the plain language arguments from the challengers, the majority says "In this instance, the context and structure of the Act compel us to depart from what would otherwise be the most natural reading of the pertinent statutory phrase."

ZENemy
06-25-2015, 08:22 AM
I have refused to pay it.

How can something that wasn't read by representatives apply to me? It doesn't, I do not consent.

ZENemy
06-25-2015, 08:23 AM
This country is more fucked up than I thought. Read this drivel from the highest court in the land. They are making up stuff as they go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After acknowledging the strength of the plain language arguments from the challengers, the majority says "In this instance, the context and structure of the Act compel us to depart from what would otherwise be the most natural reading of the pertinent statutory phrase."

Public non compliance is the only non violent option left.

wizardwatson
06-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Here is the opinion, written by Chief Justice Roberts. Long and boring. Updated OP. Will likely post some news article of the "reasoning" which paraphrases all this. Was actually waiting for gay marriage. I'm much more interested in seeing how SCOTUS intellectually defends making this a civil rights rather than states rights issue.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-114_qol1.pdf

EBounding
06-25-2015, 08:28 AM
I remember back in 2004 when Republican voters were told that they HAD to get out and vote for Bush just for the SC appointments. This was to protect us from a possible socialized medicine scheme.....

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:29 AM
We are living in a post Constitutional age. Thus the social contract is broken. Any rules of civility fly out the window.

Noah Rothman ‏@NoahCRothman 2m2 minutes ago

To preserve the ACA, the Court has ignored the text of the law and the solicitor general’s arguments in support of that text.

Mr.NoSmile
06-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Sensing a lot of anger here...

Carlybee
06-25-2015, 08:30 AM
I have refused to pay it.

How can something that wasn't read by representatives apply to me? It doesn't, I do not consent.

Yeah well...although I am opposed to Obamacare...we opted out and our insurance rate skyrocketed. So did my son's so he had to let his lapse because he couldn't afford it due to illness. Now he needs help for complications from the brain injury he got in 2011 and has no coverage. But we are good just screwed libertarians. :(

Even our insurance agent said all the insurance companies now hate Obamacare. Ie...they aren't making the money they thought they would.

Cleaner44
06-25-2015, 08:31 AM
There are no check or balances within our oligarchy.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:32 AM
http://huckkonopackicartoons.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/HK_WEB_LIBERTY-500x388.jpg

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Somebody should give Dylan Roof a 1 day reprieve...

wizardwatson
06-25-2015, 08:36 AM
We are living in a post Constitutional age. Thus the social contract is broken. Any rules of civility fly out the window.

With CSA flag going down, TPP going through, Patriot Act II going through, Obamacare being upheld, gay marriage being upheld, all in the same month... it feels like the game Mortal Kombat when your character is wobbling and the screen says "FINISH HIM!"

How fitting Obama is attending a funeral tomorrow. More than just people died this month.

Acala
06-25-2015, 08:36 AM
The real Constitutional issue is Congressional power to enact such a law to begin with. That issue was dismissed out of hand. Congress can do whatever it wants. The rest of the Obamacare challenges have been tweaking around the edges and a waste of time.

DisneyFan
06-25-2015, 08:39 AM
And we lost the disparate impact case, too. This is a dark day.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Watching the left cheer on corporate cronyism is pretty ironic though.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Justice Antonin Scalia...

Perhaps the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will attain the enduring status of the Social Security Act or the Taft-Hartley Act; perhaps not. But this Court’s two decisions on the Act will surely be remembered through the years. The somersaults of statutory interpretation they have performed ("penalty” means tax, "further [Medicaid] payments to the State” means only incremental Medicaid payments to the State, "established by the State”means not established by the State) will be cited by litigants endlessly, to the confusion of honest jurisprudence.And the cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takesto uphold and assist its favorites.
I dissent. - SCALIA, J., dissenting

oyarde
06-25-2015, 08:45 AM
About what I figured .

juleswin
06-25-2015, 08:47 AM
This is called bipartisanship. I guess the liberal judges will return the favor by ensuring whatever unconstitutional shenanigans that accompany the new trade deals would be deemed constitutional. This is why I am not really passionate about politics anymore, its one step forward and 3 steps backwards, addition by subtraction.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Why do SC judges only move leftward and never to the right? Like throughout modern history? I sense a conspiracy of some type. :)

Matt Collins
06-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Vote for a Republican President to make sure they can put a conservative on the Supreme Court they said...

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Druglord Bush pulled a complete headfake on us by pulling away the inexperienced Harriett Myers and replacing her with this viper Roberts.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 08:55 AM
More............Words mean nothing in the empire of lies.

Scalia added, “Words no longer have meaning if an Exchange that is not established by a State is ‘established by the State.’ It is hard to come up with a clearer way to limit tax credits to state Exchanges than to use the words ‘established by the State.’ And it is hard to come up with a reason to include the words ‘by the State’ other than the purpose of limiting credits to state Exchanges."

cindy25
06-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Obama has to have something-past misconduct/bribe, sexual scandal, could be anything but he has all the signs of someone being blackmailed. just as he has to have something on Hillary.

phill4paul
06-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Let's vote him out. It can be done...if we vote harder!

specsaregood
06-25-2015, 08:58 AM
And we lost the disparate impact case, too. This is a dark day.

at this point, I find it all rather amusing.

Brett85
06-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Druglord Bush pulled a complete headfake on us by pulling away the inexperienced Harriett Myers and replacing her with this viper Roberts.

Actually he replaced Harriet Myers with Alito. If the conservative base hadn't made an uproar about the Harriet Myers nomination, we likely would've ended up with two awful Supreme Court nominees from Bush.

aGameOfThrones
06-25-2015, 09:07 AM
SCOTUSCare

AuH20
06-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Actually he replaced Harriet Myers with Alito. If the conservative base hadn't made an uproar about the Harriet Myers nomination, we likely would've ended up with two awful Supreme Court nominees from Bush.

Ok. Thanks for correction.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 09:18 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/06/25/judge-napolitano-unleashes-scathing-reaction-to-supreme-court-decision-and-he-doesnt-hold-back-on-john-roberts/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLCf795ovo

donnay
06-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Not surprised at all by this decision. Roberts is in their pocket.

Created4
06-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Not surprised at all by this decision. Roberts is in their pocket.

That's what I was thinking too. There has to be a crony connection somewhere, either to the insurance industry or the pharmaceutical industry. Otherwise this does not make much sense....

AuH20
06-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Can't say I disagree with this. It's practically out in the open now. All mounting evidence points to this unfortunate conclusion.

This just proves that the entire government of the US-- ALL BRANCHES--- have committed treason against the US by allowing an ineligible non natural born Citizen, Hussein Obama, to infiltrate the WH, and bring with him the New World Order Puppeteers, enslaving us all, and removing US Citizen sovereignty.

Roberts is a criminal, and has been blackmailed into approving anything that the NWO and the ineligible puppet want to pass (he has illegally adopted chidren, and is likely homosexual). He flubbed the Presidential Oath in 2009 on purpose, then never even administered it in public in 2013.

You all need to wake up and understand what has transpired. There IS NO UNITED STATES. It has been Usurped by an ineligible executor of the laws. Thus the Constitution does not exist, and the law is only what evil and corrupt men/ women say it is.

Hussein Obama was born a British subject, and is likely still a British subject, under the yoke of the British Rothchild Banker control. We have been repatriated.

Only a new Revolution and hanging of the government conspirators who have committed treason-- including the Usurper, will restore the Republic.

wizardwatson
06-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Can't say I disagree with us. It's practically out in the open now.

You all need to wake up and understand what has transpired. There IS NO UNITED STATES. It has been Usurped by an ineligible executor of the laws. Thus the Constitution does not exist, and the law is only what evil and corrupt men/ women say it is.

Well, there's still marriage in some states. That's really the legal nexus of civilization itself. Constitutional bans are currently in place legally and being enforced.

Once that shoe drops I will officially agree that she's dead. She's a brain dead vegetable for sure, but once gay marriage comes out, that's when the heart stops.

That will be tomorrow, or by latest monday.

Then there is officially no moral standard for anything.

Created4
06-25-2015, 09:58 AM
he has illegally adopted chidren...

Any references to this anywhere??

AuH20
06-25-2015, 09:59 AM
Any references to this anywhere??

Here:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/john-roberts-likely-protecting-obamacare/

In 2005, when they thought they were doing the Democrats’ bidding, the New York Times dug into apparently easily accessible records and found that the children Roberts and his wife adopted in “South America” started life as Irish citizens. This is a red flag. The laws of Ireland regarding adoptions are very clear: adoptions by non-citizens are prohibited, as are private adoptions.

ZENemy
06-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Death by 1000 cuts.

juleswin
06-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Can't say I disagree with this. It's practically out in the open now. All mounting evidence points to this unfortunate conclusion.

My problem with posts like this is that it gives the false believe that somehow things would have been better if the alternative was elected i.e. all this wouldn't have happened had we elected a non British born subject. You cant all believe that somehow this is something that is being done to the US rather than just some people in the US selling out for money and power.

The US is a top of the food chain, nobody is doing anything to the US, rather the US is doing it all to itself. Half the country right now is cheering and popping champagne because of this decision. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a good number or republicans are cheering along.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 10:37 AM
My problem with posts like this is that it gives the false believe that somehow things would have been better if the alternative was elected i.e. all this wouldn't have happened had we elected a non British born subject. You cant all believe that somehow this is something that is being done to the US rather than just some people in the US selling out for money and power.

The US is a top of the food chain, nobody is doing anything to the US, rather the US is doing it all to itself. Half the country right now is cheering and popping champagne because of this decision. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a good number or republicans are cheering along.

A fair ruling would have given us false hope that a political solution exists. There is no political solution.

AuH20
06-25-2015, 10:41 AM
I wonder if this ruling will push Mark Levin over the edge. He's been creeping there. He even went as far as to say that we are in a 'soft tyranny' stage. Maybe he can talk to Thomas Woods after their verbal spat a few years ago.

Carlybee
06-25-2015, 11:26 AM

Of course they are...it's their health plan. They've done nothing to defund it..matter of fact Boner stopped that from going forward.
They get contributions from those who profit from this..why would they poop in their own bed?

Ronin Truth
06-25-2015, 11:27 AM
I wonder how much that SCOTUS decision cost the Executive Branch?

brushfire
06-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Calm down everyone... The republicans are going to repeal obamacare - they said so.

Ronin Truth
06-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Calm down everyone... The republicans are going to repeal obamacare - they said so.

That was BEFORE they got the COTUS majority. Promised events very often change with the times and the circumstances (and the "donations" checks). :p :rolleyes:

Peace&Freedom
06-25-2015, 12:07 PM
With CSA flag going down, TPP going through, Patriot Act II going through, Obamacare being upheld, gay marriage being upheld, all in the same month... it feels like the game Mortal Kombat when your character is wobbling and the screen says "FINISH HIM!"

How fitting Obama is attending a funeral tomorrow. More than just people died this month.

My metaphor is, we're in the middle of one of the Rambo movies, where the triumphalist establishment figure says "Rambo's done, it's over. He lost." Rambo here stands for liberty, the Constitution and cultural tradition. What we need to do is maintain our Col. Trautman poker face, and while conceding things do look bad, quietly suspect a turnaround will happen.

The last time they told us "Rambo" was done, was after the Sandy Hook shootings, as the cheerful gun control freaks chortled over how many legislative goodies they were going to get from riding that tragedy to victory. Three years later, no victory, since Americans loaded up buying more guns, and the Tea Party and liberty people in Congress beat back the gun control drumbeat. The PC crowd is cheering over the 'bring down the Confederate flag' and 'impose gay marriage acceptance on all' victories now, but will they be laughing after the next elections?

That's the longer time horizon we have to have. The statist and cultural PC forces always presume their winning a battle means they've won the war, when all it actually means is, we're at the end of a round. Then when they get blown out at the last two mid-term elections, they turn to us flustered and say, "you knew, you KNEW Rambo would come back!" That's when we get to have a little victory and reply, "I suspected." The battle continues, but I say, liberty will come back from this.

Ronin Truth
06-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Death by 1000 cuts. Except nothing ever really gets cut (or dies).

aGameOfThrones
06-25-2015, 12:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/maxxorz/righttobeararms.jpg~original

ZENemy
06-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Except nothing ever really gets cut (or dies).

I was referring tot he death of our freedom.

The ACA mandate is literally a tax on living.

I cannot find any proof that it applies to me, a 200 year old piece of parchment signed by dead folks means nothing to me. Defensive violence is next.

Created4
06-25-2015, 01:33 PM
In 2005, when they thought they were doing the Democrats’ bidding, the New York Times dug into apparently easily accessible records and found that the children Roberts and his wife adopted in “South America” started life as Irish citizens. This is a red flag. The laws of Ireland regarding adoptions are very clear: adoptions by non-citizens are prohibited, as are private adoptions.

Interesting. I found references to a N.Y. Times investigation into this, which was portrayed as a liberal attack against his family, but apparently the N.Y. Times never ran the story?

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU AUG 04, 2005 11:35:09 ET XXXXX

NY TIMES INVESTIGATES ADOPTION RECORDS OF SUPREME COURT NOMINEE'S CHILDREN

**Exclusive**

The DRUDGE REPORT has uncovered a plot in the NEW YORK TIMES' newsroom to look into the adoption of the children of Supreme Court Nominee John G. Roberts.

The TIMES has investigative reporter Glen Justice hot on the case to investigate adoption records of Judge Roberts’ two young children, Josie age 5 and Jack age 4, a top source reveals.

Judge Roberts and his wife Jane adopted the children when they each were infants.

Both children were adopted from Latin America.

A TIMES insider claims the look into the adoptions are part of the paper's "standard background check."

From beaufortobserver.net (http://www.beaufortobserver.net/Articles-NEWS-and-COMMENTARY-c-2014-01-16-270700.112112-Does-Chief-Justice-John-Roberts-have-something-to-hide-that-could-impact-his-judicial-rulings.html):

Scholars will argue for years about why John Roberts sided with the liberal block on the court. But beyond the legal nuances of his position we suspect that history will record another dimension to his decision—did his personal, private situation impact his decision. Put crudely, was he blackmailed?

How could that have happened? Well, one theory is that he was trying to protect his family. Here’s the story:

The Roberts have two children, both adopted. But the way they adopted them is rather unusual and shrouded in secrecy. In 2005, when he was nominated to the Supreme Court by George W. Bush. A number of Elite Media outlets investigated how the Roberts’ adopted their two children. But for some reason the investigations died by the wayside. But in light of his “peculiar” ruling on ObamaCare those circumstances are being resurrected to connect the dots to see if he was perhaps “influenced” in his legal position by the threat his personal life.

From rightwingwatch.org (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tea-party-nation-wonders-if-john-roberts-was-blackmailed-uphold-health-care-reform)

Tea Party Nation president Judson Phillips sent members an email this morning entitled: ‘Was Chief Justice John Roberts Blackmailed To Support ObamaCare?’ Obviously, we had to check this out, and lo and behold it links to a tea party message board post about how Chief Justice Roberts changed his decision on the health care reform law after he was “blackmailed” by President Obama as part of an illegal adoption and child trafficking scheme.

It is now quite evident that the two Children were from Ireland. Even wikipedia references these adoptions at the time of Roberts' confirmation, and indicates that the children were of Irish birth.

However Irish law 1) prohibits the adoption of Children to non-residents, and 2) also does not permit private adoptions, but rather has all adoptions go through a public agency.

Evidently Roberts arranged for this adoption through some sort of trafficking agency, that got the children out of Ireland and into that Latin American country, from which they were adopted, thereby circumventing two Irish laws -- entirely illegal, but perhaps quasi-legitimized by the birth mothers (two) transporting the children out of Ireland.

Undoubtedly Roberts and his wife spent a great deal of money for this illegal process, circumventing Irish laws and arranging for the transit of two Irish children from separate birth-mothers to a foreign nation. Come 2012, those two children have been with the Roberts' for roughly 10 years, since they were adopted as "infants".

Roberts is not deserving of any sort of respect here, and is only the latest example of people in position believing themselves above the law, beyond scrutiny and exempt from repercussion.

It all now makes sense.

The circumstances of these two adoptions explain not only why this would be overlooked by an overall sympathetic media, but also why a sitting Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court would not want this information to become public fodder well into his tenure. Its release and public discussion would discredit Roberts as an impartial judge of the law, and undoubtedly lead to his impeachment.

This also explains why Roberts would have a means to be blackmailed, and why that leverage would still exist even after the institution of ObamaCare.

r3volution 3.0
06-25-2015, 03:09 PM
I was only interested in whether they'd rule in such a way as to cripple the ACA, fully expecting that they would not.

So, no surprise here.

...And I have zero interest in the legal opinion, won't be reading it, don't care.

Any opinion beyond "this power is not explicitly vested in Congress in Article 1 Section 8" is going to be pure bullshit, not worth your time.

angelatc
06-25-2015, 03:15 PM
The real Constitutional issue is Congressional power to enact such a law to begin with. That issue was dismissed out of hand. Congress can do whatever it wants. The rest of the Obamacare challenges have been tweaking around the edges and a waste of time.

This. A thousand times this.

Ronin Truth
06-25-2015, 03:24 PM
I was referring tot he death of our freedom.

The ACA mandate is literally a tax on living.

I cannot find any proof that it applies to me, a 200 year old piece of parchment signed by dead folks means nothing to me. Defensive violence is next.

I fully understood. I can resist anything except a good straight line. ;) :D

Ronin Truth
06-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Wasn't the pseudo validity of the dead CONstitution finally repealed with the government bankruptcy in the 30's.

wizardwatson
06-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Wasn't the pseudo validity of the dead CONstitution finally repealed with the government bankruptcy in the 30's.

The 10th amendment is still honored via marriage laws. Once they cross that line with gay marriage ruling then we can officially say the Constitution is meaningless.

Like I said, America is certainly a brain dead vegetable. And I know many people support gay marriage. But whether you support or don't you have to admit even in the secular libertarian sense that it's most certainly a state's rights issue as the institution itself cannot be discriminatory since everyone is allowed to marry within it's parameters because everyone is either a man or a woman biologically. It's the state's perogative to change that definition, most certainly not the federal government by any legal stretch of the imagination. So I'm curious to see what that stretch is going to entail. (And they might uphold the bans, who knows)

But when SCOTUS crosses that line into local civil law then vegetable America has officially flatlined. Then any sense in which someone could say we are a nation of laws or of God is one empty big fat lie.

ZENemy
06-25-2015, 03:56 PM
The 10th amendment is still honored via marriage laws. Once they cross that line with gay marriage ruling then we can officially say the Constitution is meaningless.

Like I said, America is certainly a brain dead vegetable. And I know many people support gay marriage. But whether you support or don't you have to admit even in the secular libertarian sense that it's most certainly a state's rights issue as the institution itself cannot be discriminatory since everyone is allowed to marry within it's parameters because everyone is either a man or a woman biologically. It's the state's perogative to change that definition, most certainly not the federal government by any legal stretch of the imagination. So I'm curious to see what that stretch is going to entail. (And they might uphold the bans, who knows)

But when SCOTUS crosses that line into local civil law then vegetable America has officially flatlined. Then any sense in which someone could say we are a nation of laws or of God is one empty big fat lie.

If true (it is, I agree with you), we can all LEGALLY stop paying our taxes as they use that piece of paper for their jurisdiction.

osan
06-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Roberts needs to be punished.

He will not be touched.

georgiaboy
06-25-2015, 04:06 PM
This. A thousand times this.

yep, Art. 1, Sec. 8.

Peace&Freedom
06-25-2015, 05:01 PM
yep, Art. 1, Sec. 8.

Those articles and sections, and everything else are meaningless unless protected and defended. Until then, we live in a land of George W. Bushes and Cersei Lannisters, who laugh at that piece of paper.

osan
06-25-2015, 05:04 PM
2012 - It's not SCOTUS's job to fix Congress's shitty laws

2015 - This is a shittily written law, so we deem it means the opposite of what it says.

The Supreme Court should just close shop. It's completely useless and contradictory.

This issue is but another data point illustrating why the US Constitution is so dangerous an instrument.

Forget your elections and make your preparations for the worst, for it is at the door, knocking loudly. Prepare either to fight to the death, or to accept that which is already here and coiling to strike at you, but then shed naked of any vestige of concern for your "rights". Nobody is going to save you. Hell has been realized upon the face of beautiful earth by a force neither you nor I can quite comprehend and it will not simply go away because you ask or demand that it be so. It is here for you. It is here for your children; your friends; your neighbors. It is here for everyone you love, everyone you dislike, those you may hate, and everyone else for whom you stand indifferent.

Time is here.

Choice is here, and there is no opting out, and no hiding from that which threatens everything you hold dear. Your future shall be one of a form of bland, grey, uniform, gross, and ineffable misery whose name is Perfect Equality. You shall become universally fungible, and thereby truly meaningless and without value as a "technically" living entity. Your existence will mean nothing in the eyes of Naked Power who, for the first time in surviving recorded history now holds in its hands the technological might to put anyone it pleases into any state it pleases, at any time pleases, for any reason it pleases, including no reason beyond the pleasure of its capricious whim.

Your very existence shall hang upon the pleasure of others whose deepest basis of judgment shall never be known to you and is most likely as solidly dependable as warm Jell-O. The one thing of which you can rest certain is that once your choice is made to accept Theire gentle authority, your soul will be lost to the mists of eternity, for you will have walked of your own accord through the gate of hell and never again will you emerge into light. I am very serious about this. Most cannot see what I have seen, whether it be for lack of something essential to the ability, or the simple refusal to open their eye's to such things. It is possible I am gone 'round the bend as the British tend to say. I cannot honestly claim to be quite free of the fear of that possibility, for who in this reality but the insane see such things that nobody else perceives? But if I am sound in my mind, then it is the maw of Hell itself into which I have peered almost daily since I was a teen, and I can tell you that it has not been a happy passage through the years in this regard.

When I speak of Hell and demons, I do not speak of them in the ways most appear to take the concepts in terms of biblical or other religious points of view. I have seen the Devil Himself and he is a man. He is many men. He is Legion. We worry about the Firey Pit, the Stygian Void of eternal damnation read about in various "holy" texts. Well, I am here to tell you that either all those texts are utter baloney or we misinterpret the words therein. I cannot say whether there is a demon called Satan on a throne in some deep recess of who-knows-where. I can, however, tell you that there are devils in most households; devils that smile at you and say "good morning", and "yes please, I would like another cup of coffee", and so on. I am not the only one who has said that evil comes not as a fanged, red-skinned monster, but as one with the countenance of a beloved elder uncle, smiling his kind smile. But where, exactly, are his hands? Where, indeed.

The evils depicted in texts such as those of Revelation are not as people perceive them. When the time comes that the true face of the Devil Himself shall become apparent, nary a one of you shall be prepared for that which you shall see. And yet, you are daily given loud, clarion messages of the Beast's unequivocal intent and this court decision is nothing less than that. It is not subtle, it does not equivocate, and the day is nigh where it shall deliver its messages in a far more direct and efficient manner. When that day arrives, you will have a choice before you: accept or fight. Make no mistake here: "fight" does not mean "vote harder" or "write your Congressman" or "protest in the streets" or "deliver lectures to like-minded people". It will mean nothing less than the nightmare of killing men-become-monsters who would see you destroyed, physically, mentally, spiritually, or some combination of these including all three.

The beast is upon your shoulder, readying itself to bite deeply into your fleshy and vulnerable neck, yet you sit idle in the apparent hope that it will go away if you ignore it, or perhaps that it is not as bad as your Inner Voice tells you. It is not only as bad, it is far and away worse, for once the gloves come off, they shall remain off into the far and distant future and that which you accept for yourself do you damn your great great grandchildren's great great grandchildren, as well as theirs and theirs and so on for an eon to come. So think you carefully on what it is you shall choose when the time comes, for you are not the only one who shall suffer in freakish misery, daily wondering what might the point be in all of this equality.

Perhaps I am indeed over-the-top, crazy. But what if I am not?

If you want better to understand the deeper meaning of devils and demons, look no further than the face of the twentieth century where the likes of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao showed us the Beast to which ancient texts refer in the buck. It is the face of your neighbor. It may even be the face of the man staring back at you in the mirror. It is real, it is here, it is technologically enabled, and it is no longer in the mood to be constrained by "standards of comportment". The true face of the Beast has been rubbed in your faces for an age and still you refuse to see. It is even in film; just watch "Forbidden Planet", and for Christ's sake pay some damned attention to what is shown you there.

The patterns are clear, very ancient, and unmistakable. Ignore them at the world's peril.

osan
06-25-2015, 05:30 PM
The real Constitutional issue is Congressional power to enact such a law to begin with.

Oh FOOF... that is not the real issue at all. The Constitution confers no authority, and therefore raises no such issue. This is all about the degree to which men will belly up to the bar of power, and Theye are now bellying for all they are worth while the rest of us stand in slack-jawed, pussified stupefaction with the irritation of girly-men who talk a talk of which they walk not a single step. Hell, they don't even talk the talk anymore for fear that words shall land them in trouble with those who hold no authority beyond that conferred to them by their will to power and accession of the rest to allow it.

Jabber on of "Constitutional issue[s]" all you want. It will make no difference at the end of the day.

What hope is there for the race of men when they refuse for fear to even speak the speak that needs speaking?

That issue was dismissed out of hand.

And rightly so. Theye who are in power should respect you because.... why, exactly? I see no reason whatsoever that Theye should show us the least consideration when we show ourselves equally. Theye despise us and we merit the disdain because we sit like imbeciles, drooling on ourselves while Theye rob, rape, and plunder us with no show of resistance beyond words. What would YOU do were you sitting in one of Theire seats and you for a lifetime observes the eunuch jellies over which you were lord? Would you love them for their soft innocence and acceptance of all your fiats imposed upon them, no matter how outrageous to basic human dignity? Should the Germans have loved and coddled the Jews who meekly shuffled into the cattle cars? Again, I bit you look at it from THEIRE point of view, and be honest at least with yourself, if not us. Strip away all the politically correct bullshit and the morally normative "values" with which you would publicly respond. Do as Jesus bid and lock yourself away in your closet, only not to pray in the common sense of the word, but to answer my question with PERFECT HONESTY, free of all external sticks and carrots that ordinarily impel you to say 'A' when in truth you would otherwise reply with 'Z'.

Do we, as compliant sissies, willing to bend over for it any time the Master demands, merit anything better than his scorn and disdain?

If you are unwilling to act beyond the narrowly built mental corrals and chutes defined for you by men long dead and whose qualifications to dictate to the future are so obviously in doubt, much less their authority to do so, what leads you to believe that you or anyone like you merits any respect whatsoever? And for the record, I am like you when it comes to brass tacks, so neither do I escape the withering light of truth, in case you thought I exempted myself.

Until we begin to utter the words that so few show the sense or the guts to say, the only thing we deserve is the shellacking we are getting.

otherone
06-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Why do SC judges only move leftward and never to the right? Like throughout modern history? I sense a conspiracy of some type. :)

If you keep going west you end up in the Far East...

Ronin Truth
06-25-2015, 05:51 PM

Thomas Jefferson described the Tenth Amendment as “the foundation of the Constitution” and added, “to take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn … is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition.”

Wasn't that single step beyond, exceeded in the early 1800's?

LibForestPaul
06-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Scalia. Alito. Thomas. Dissent.

Yeah, yeah, because they attend different cocktail parties. Nice theater, same bullshit.

rpfocus
06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Somebody should give Dylan Roof a 1 day reprieve...

Someone should put Dylan Roof in General Population so he can get some sweet sweet lovin'.

Pauls' Revere
06-25-2015, 06:41 PM

LOL! Yeah the final scene where the player rips the spine out of the dying player and dangles it as blood drips. Someone ought to do a video of that with Lady Liberty getting her spine ripped out and dying...

RJB
06-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Of course a court that ruled that corporations are people will agree that we should be forced to buy insurance from the corporations who pull their strings.

osan
06-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Not surprised at all by this decision. Roberts is in their Theire pockets.

Acme Sentence Repair Inc. at your service.

osan
06-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Yeah, yeah, because they attend different cocktail parties. Nice theater, same bullshit.

Strongly agree.

Take Scalia, for instance, in Heller. Out of one side of his mouth he blurts that the 2A speaks to an individual right. In practically the same sentence, from the other side of his yapper, he says that that doesn't mean we cannot limit it. Attention Justice Pinhead: YES IT DOES. How can anyone of presumably nominal intelligence contradict himself with such flaring violence and not want to hang himself from his neck until he shuffles off? The answer: corruption. In the end, it is nothing fancier or more profound than that. He is just another low-rent political hack, walking around with a mattress and cash register strapped to his back.

osan
06-25-2015, 08:18 PM

Perhaps they have all had Progressive strokes wherein they can now only lean to the left.

PaleoPaul
06-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Dang, Scalia was PISSED.

Pauls' Revere
06-25-2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/25/scalia-blasts-obamacare-ruling-words-have-no-meaning/

Justice Scalia:

Instead, Scalia noted, the Court had adopted a particular political bent.

He concluded:

We should start calling this law SCOTUScare.

Perhaps the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will attain the enduring status of the Social Security Act or the Taft-Hartley Act; perhaps not. But this Court’s two decisions on the Act will surely be remembered through the years….And the cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites.

AuH20
06-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Since when is it the judicial's responsibility to correct mistakes of the legislative and executive branches?

Roberts argued in his decision that eliminating subsidies would have pulled state healthcare markets into a death spiral. That chain of effects, he added, was not consistent with ObamaCare’s intent.

This is like Bush's nonsensical response about TARP when he stated that he needed to violate free market principles in order to save the free market.