PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Has The Right Enemies

jj-
06-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Writes Bill Kristol...

We are not allowed, needless to say, to disclose our top secret list ranking the GOP presidential candidates from top to bottom. It’s kept in encrypted form on a password-protected, self-destructing hard drive in a safe room at The Weekly Standard, accessible only to a trusted few who are cleared to know all the machinations we are planning to engage in to secure a 2016 Republican nominee to our liking. But we can reveal this: Donald Trump competes for last place on our list with Rand Paul.

Why? Because compared to the candidates the neocons support, Trump's plan of taking the oil to cut ISIS' finances -without even arming other middle east countries- is a small surgical intervention that doesn't satisfy the military industrial complex's lust for unrestrained interventions.

Rudeman
06-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Rand is still the least interventionist...

timosman
06-22-2015, 06:58 PM
It’s not clear most of the rest of the field does.

Repeated 5 times ? What is going on ? Why did they mention Rand just once at the beginning and never again ? Is this how we program the sheep ? /sarc

jj-
06-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Rand is still the least interventionist...

Not compared to Trump. Rand proposes redrawing the middle east map to give the Kurds a homeland. Trump doesn't.

BrooklynZoo
06-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Not compared to Trump. Rand proposes redrawing the middle east map to give the Kurds a homeland. Trump doesn't.

Are you going to keep repeating that nonsense ad nauseam? How exactly does Trump intend to acquire and secure all of this Middle East oil without overwhelming, brutal intervention? That means large numbers of American boots on the ground. How is this less interventionist or imperialist than negotiating with the local players on the ground to give the Kurds a homeland?

Rudeman
06-23-2015, 12:27 AM

Not compared to Rand. Trump proposes pillaging another country's natural resource. Rand doesn't.

Wow that was easy, now all I need to do is constantly repeat it and not respond to anyone that questions me.

Sola_Fide
06-23-2015, 12:37 AM
JJ is formerly "jjdoyle", who is one of the trolls from way back in 2008.

timosman
06-23-2015, 01:01 AM
Their opening lines can be understood as:

We are spooks, but not really :)

dude58677
06-23-2015, 05:10 AM

That explains it!

Ronin Truth
06-23-2015, 07:19 AM
And the WRONG friends, the Clintons. <gag!>

presence
06-23-2015, 08:00 AM
So basically he's a ME colonialist rather than a ME puppet nation builder; a sublime difference, with a hint more thuggishness and overt intentions.

At least he's frank.

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Lew Rockwell noticed the same thing I did in the OP. Writes Lew:

Ever Notice That the Anti-Ron Paulians…

…hate Donald Trump, too? For example, neocon Ben Stein. It’s not because of shared policy positions, needless to say. It’s because they are seen as independent of the pressure groups. I still remember when the New Republic compared Ross Perot to Adolf Hitler for the same reason.

Source (https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/ever-notice-that-the-anti-ron-paulians/)

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:06 AM

I just noticed this comment now. One thing about this is, number one: I'm not or ever been that person. But the real funny thing is that I did use the forum a lot back in 2008, and I don't even remember who jjdoyle was.

tod evans
07-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Whoever that person was, just read a lot of my posts, and you'll notice different things I'm sure. My intelligence for example, I'm very confident that whatever that person was, my posts are much smarter than theirs.

If I passed out negative rep this post would be a prime candidate.......

What's with all the Trump suckin' dude?

I know you consider yourself intelligent so help this ol' dummy understand how that fits with the Ron Paul forums?

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:14 AM
^ I removed that part of my post because I thought it was a bad thing to brag. But it was quoted already so I guess it stays.

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:16 AM
What's with all the Trump suckin' dude?

I know you consider yourself intelligent so help this ol' dummy understand how that fits with the Ron Paul forums?

Ok, I'll try very slowly for you:

I'm defending the principle that giving money under threat, whether you're paying taxes to not go to jail, or buying politicians so that they won't violate your property rights, is not morally reproachable.

Bribing can be used for good. So attacking someone for bribing is not a good attack. You have to attack him specifying that he bribed for evil. Read the thread about Trump donations where I go in excruciating detail about this view.

It's not about Trump. If it was anybody else and you attacked him for paying taxes or bribing politicians, I'd say the same thing.

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:30 AM
dang, I got a neg rep for my post mentioning Lew Rockwell's views.

juleswin
Thread: Donald Trump Has The Right Enemies

Take that Trump shit somewhere else. This is not helping the cause for liberty.

People are sensitive! Too pure for Lew Rockwell!

acptulsa
07-14-2015, 09:30 AM
It's not about Trump. If it was anybody else and you attacked him for paying taxes or bribing politicians, I'd say the same thing.

I'm going to go even slower for you.

Trump is part of the status quo. Trump has every reason to defend the status quo. Trump has no reason not to defend the status quo. Trump doesn't want to end imperialism. Trump wants to go back to full-fledged colonialism. Trump is good friends with the Clintons. Trump would rather make Clinton's opponents look like clowns than oppose them.

Trump is a joke.

Was that slow enough for you, Mr. Doyle?

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm going to go even slower for you.

Trump is part of the status quo. Trump has every reason to defend the status quo. Trump has no reason not to defend the status quo. Trump doesn't want to end imperialism. Trump wants to go back to full-fledged colonialism. Trump is good friends with the Clintons. Trump would rather make Clinton's opponents look like clowns than oppose them.

Trump is a joke.

Was that slow enough for you, Mr. Doyle?

My quote and your comments aren't even related. They don't change anything about what's the right way to attack Trump, what I'm talking about with Tod Evans. And I don't even dispute some of the things you're supposedly trying to explain me. Just a completely baffling post, even with the low expectations I have from yours.

William Tell
07-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Trump has the right friends, the Clinton's, Rahm Emanuel, and best of all...

CARLOS DANGER!:p

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Donald Trump says a disproportionate amount of illegal immigrants are murderers and rapists, El Chapo, an illegal immigrant is offended and threatens Trump's life, reaffirming Trump's statement :rolleyes: This is some B-grade movie shit lol

tod evans
07-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Ok, I'll try very slowly for you:

I'm defending the principle that giving money under threat, whether you're paying taxes to not go to jail, or buying politicians so that they won't violate your property rights, is not morally reproachable.

Bribing can be used for good. So attacking someone for bribing is not a good attack. You have to attack him specifying that he bribed for evil. Read the thread about Trump donations where I go in excruciating detail about this view.

So let me see if I've got this right, not being party to your superior intellect and all.......

You insist on pumping up Trump because you think paying government's employees to leave you alone is commendable, is this correct?

And you think that it would somehow be in my best interest to read where you elaborate on this idea in another thread.....

Well thanks for worrying about my ignorance of your ideas but you've shared enough for me to know that I'm not interested.

Keeping in mind that I'm pretty dumb in the face of your superior intellect.......I fail to read how it is that you believe countless pro-Trump posts benefit the Ron Paul forums even after this post I quoted......

AuH20
07-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Karl Rove just went after Trump. This is delicious.

jj-
07-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Keeping in mind that I'm pretty dumb in the face of your superior intellect.......I fail to read how it is that you believe countless pro-Trump posts benefit the Ron Paul forums even after this post I quoted......

Despite the complaints of many members, I praised Ted Cruz a lot when he did good things. When Trump says something interesting, or does something good, or entertaining, I'll point it out. The fact that I am even explaining this shows that this forum has too many members with authoritarian mindsets, unexpected in a liberty forum.

So this thread for example, it's about a food fight between Trump and neocons. Any fight with neocons is something a liberty person can enjoy. If you think just the mention of a person that is not pure enough for you ruins the whole thing, fine, don't read it, but it's a completely harmless and natural thing, as even the purest of the purists, Lew Rockwell, is showing (post #12).

EDIT: Please also see the AuH20 post above mine, it's in the spirit of this post.

JK/SEA
07-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Trump is running an educational campaign.

anyone feeling smarter?

acptulsa
07-14-2015, 09:56 AM
The fact that I am even explaining this shows that this forum has too many members with authoritarian mindsets, unexpected in a liberty forum.

I see.

And next you tell us that hitting 'unsubscribe' when some asshole is spamming our email inbox with a thousand junk emails trying to sell us something else about as useful, like something that will wash the undersides of our paving stones, or something that attracts termites, that's just as hateful and authoritarian?

And what other aspects of your irrepressibly liberal and progressive mindset would you like to share with us today, Mr. Doyle?

tod evans
07-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Despite the complaints of many members, I praised Ted Cruz a lot when he did good things. When Trump says something interesting, or does something good, or entertaining, I'll point it out. The fact that I am even explaining this shows that this forum has too many members with authoritarian mindsets, unexpected in a liberty forum.

So this thread for example, it's about a food fight between Trump and neocons. Any fight with neocons is something a liberty person can enjoy. If you think just the mention of a person that is not pure enough for you ruin the while thing, fine, don't read it, but it's a completely harmless and natural thing, as even the purest of the purists, Lew Rockwell, is showing.

EDIT: Please also see the AuH20 post above mine, it's in the spirit of this post.

I'm certainly no authoritarian, just wondering if there was some intellectual reason for all the Trump stuff and you answered that finally....

Carry on......

jj-
07-14-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm certainly no authoritarian, just wondering if there was some intellectual reason for all the Trump stuff and you answered that finally....

Carry on......

Thank you. Hope there is more tolerance of humor here.

AuH20
07-14-2015, 10:02 AM

So this thread for example, it's about a food fight between Trump and neocons. Any fight with neocons is something a liberty person can enjoy. If you think just the mention of a person that is not pure enough for you ruins the whole thing, fine, don't read it, but it's a completely harmless and natural thing, as even the purest of the purists, Lew Rockwell, is showing (post #12).

If Trump, in all his treachery can singlehandedly wake some people up and in the process deliver a death blow to the one party system, then I hope he does so. Now I would never send him money, but I'm certainly not going to try to stop the momentum of this imperfect messenger. I hope he brings it all down, even if it wasn't his true intention. The mere presence of Trump is an extreme destabilizing force to the FNC viewership.

AuH20
07-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Maybe if we're lucky, some crazed illegal will murder Trump. Then it would get real interesting. Trump is a tool to be used against the globalists. Does anyone here seriously care about the man known as Trump? Trump is a pompous ass. I just hope he raises hell.

cajuncocoa
07-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Maybe if we're lucky, some crazed illegal will murder Trump. Then it would get real interesting. Trump is a tool to be used against the globalists. Does anyone here seriously care about the man known as Trump? Trump is a pompous ass. I just hope he raises hell.
OMG, listen to yourself. You're sounding batshit crazy! You're actually hoping some illegal murders Donald Trump?? I don't like the man, but he is a father of 3 grown children...a human being. Not a thing to be murdered for political gain.

What has happened to this place?? :mad:

AuH20
07-14-2015, 10:24 AM
OMG, listen to yourself. You're sounding batshit crazy! You're actually hoping some illegal murders Donald Trump?? I don't like the man, but he is a father of 3 grown children...a human being. Not a thing to be murdered for political gain.

I wouldn't be the one who killed him. Trump is a big boy who understands what he got into when he opened his mouth. But Boobus needs a pair of sparkplugs to be attached to his or her temple. A Trump assassination would do just that.......... Globalists have plans to subjugate and kill all of us. Time is running out. It's fight or flight time.

timosman
07-14-2015, 10:27 AM

Sane people abandoned it ? Taken over by government agents trying to instill hatred and shut the forum down via entrapment based charges ?

http://www.shestokas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/FBI-Entrapment.jpg

jj-
07-14-2015, 10:27 AM
It's fight or flight time.

Man, be careful. I know your comment doesn't say anything, but living in a police state I wouldn't say such things. I guess some people are braver.

AuH20
07-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Man, be careful. I know your comment doesn't say anything, but living in a police state I wouldn't say such things. I guess some people are braver.

They have a citizen profile on everyone. Read up on Main Core, an extensive database maintained since the 1980s. I figure 99.9% of all posters on RPF can be found on a federal database of this type. This is not the Publisher's Clearing House list in which they drop off a huge check to the 'winner.'

According to a senior government official who served with high-level security clearances in five administrations, “There exists a database of Americans, who, often for the slightest and most trivial reason, are considered unfriendly, and who, in a time of panic, might be incarcerated. The database can identify and locate perceived ‘enemies of the state’ almost instantaneously.” He and other sources tell Radar that the database is sometimes referred to by the code name Main Core. One knowledgeable source claims that 8 million Americans are now listed in Main Core as potentially suspect. In the event of a national emergency, these people could be subject to everything from heightened surveillance and tracking to direct questioning and possibly even detention.

Of course, federal law is somewhat vague as to what might constitute a “national emergency.” Executive orders issued over the last three decades define it as a “natural disaster, military attack, [or] technological or other emergency,” while Department of Defense documents include eventualities like “riots, acts of violence, insurrections, unlawful obstructions or assemblages, [and] disorder prejudicial to public law and order.” According to one news report, even “national opposition to U.S. military invasion abroad” could be a trigger.

Your enemy does not respect those who cower in it's presence. Despite what you read, they respect those who know what they are doing. Don't get me wrong. They will still throw your remains in a lime pit when the time comes, but there is an adversarial form of respect to be found on the other side. There is however no respect found for the sheep. Sometimes I feel like I'm Sarah Connor talking about this uncomfortable reality, but I'm willing to live with the ridicule.

AuH20
07-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Sane people abandoned it ? Taken over by government agents trying to instill hatred and shut the forum down via entrapment based charges ?

I'm not instilling hatred. I'm just skipping a few chapters ahead. The one party system needs to go since it breeds complacency. Complacency equals death.

http://www.therabidindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/complacency.jpeg

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 10:44 AM
"Writes Bill Kristol...

"We are not allowed, needless to say, to disclose our top secret list ranking the GOP presidential candidates from top to bottom. It’s kept in encrypted form on a password-protected, self-destructing hard drive in a safe room at The Weekly Standard, accessible only to a trusted few who are cleared to know all the machinations we are planning to engage in to secure a 2016 Republican nominee to our liking. But we can reveal this: Donald Trump competes for last place on our list with Rand Paul."

Why? Because compared to the candidates the neocons support, Trump's plan of taking the oil to cut ISIS' finances -without even arming other middle east countries- is a small surgical intervention that doesn't satisfy the military industrial complex's lust for unrestrained interventions.

In addition to a surgical attack upon ISIS funding and funders, the result of taking out ISIS also sets back the Grand Chessboard agenda of the NWO in the Middle East. Kristol and PNAC have done as much damage to the US as anyone.

Wesley K. Clark, Council on Foreign Relations

"Six weeks after 9/11, I went down to the office of one of the joint staff generals, and he said, sir -- I said you told me a couple -- three weeks ago we're going to invade Iraq. And that didn't make any sense. Are we still invading Iraq? By this time, we were bombing in Afghanistan.

"He said, "Oh, it's worse than that," he said. He held up a piece of paper. He said, "This is a memo that says, you know, all the countries on the target list; it's a five-year campaign plan, and it's Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Libya, Sudan and Somalia.

"... So as soon as we finished off with Iraq, we have, you know -- we might have a victory parade down Constitution Avenue or not, but we would then move into Syria. It was logical. And then we could go from Syria -- you know, that would open up Lebanon. Then we'd circle back and eventually come back to Iran. These countries in the region knew it. Their ambassadors knew it. It was all over the world that Iraq was the first stop."

-- Wesley K. Clark, President and CEO, Wesley K. Clark and Associates, LLC; former Supreme Allied Commander, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (1997-200) and former Director of Strategic Plans and Policy, Joint Chiefs of Staff (1994-96), Iraq: The Way Forward—A Conversation with General Wesley Clark (http://www.cfr.org/iraq/iraq-way-forward-conversation-general-wesley-clark-rush-transcript-federal-news-service-inc/p9845) [Rush Transcript; Federal News Service, Inc.], Council on Foreign Relations, February 10, 2006 --

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 10:48 AM

I've been reading some of the posts from JJ. The ones I've read are clear, informative, logical. Calling JJ a troll is a misuse of the term. JJ is no troll.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Lew Rockwell noticed the same thing I did in the OP. Writes Lew:

Ever Notice That the Anti-Ron Paulians…

…hate Donald Trump, too? For example, neocon Ben Stein. It’s not because of shared policy positions, needless to say. It’s because they are seen as independent of the pressure groups. I still remember when the New Republic compared Ross Perot to Adolf Hitler for the same reason.

Source (https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/ever-notice-that-the-anti-ron-paulians/)

The most important point:

It’s not because of shared policy positions, needless to say

He is not good on the majority of his positions, and the ones you like today, he will probably say something different tomorrow.

Trump is good at shaking up the mass brainwashed stupor of political correctness, but that's about it.

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 11:16 AM

What is it about Trump that causes you not to care for the man's life? Do you have specifics?

I never liked Trump before his announcement speech. I never followed him or news about him. I watched his program one time in all the years it was on simply to see what all the hoopla was about. But the media was successful in imprinting upon me a negative connotation associated with Trump.

Now that I've taken the time to watch a few of his speeches and interviews, my impression of him is beginning to change towards a more positive impression. Is he Ron Paul? Is he Rand Paul? No. In some ways he's worse and in some ways he's better.

This totally negative caricature of Trump that has been created in part by the MSM is an obstacle that people must overcome to actually hear what he's saying and the vigor with which he's saying it.

Does this mean he intends to do or that he can do what he says he wants to do? Not any more than any other candidate. None of them can be trusted before we see their product. But at least Trump is saying it -- with vigor, and he has risen to the top of the pack with GOP rank and file as a result. At least for now.

[=====/\=====]
PAUL - TRUMP 2016
or
TRUMP - PAUL 2016
Either works. GOP leadership is either with us or against us.
By 'us,' I mean me and those who agree with me enough that we can work together to make the ticket happen.
We reserve the right to change this ticket as the campaign progresses.
[=====\/=====]

AuH20
07-14-2015, 11:24 AM
What is it about Trump that causes you not to care for the man's life? Do you have specifics?

I never liked Trump before his announcement speech. I never followed him or news about him. I watched his program one time in all the years it was on simply to see what all the hoopla was about. But the media was successful in imprinting upon me a negative connotation associated with Trump.

Now that I've taken the time to watch a few of his speeches and interviews, my impression of him is beginning to change towards a more positive impression. Is he Ron Paul? Is he Rand Paul? No. In some ways he's worse and in some ways he's better.

This totally negative caricature of Trump that has been created in part by the MSM is an obstacle that people must overcome to actually hear what he's saying and the vigor with which he's saying it.

Does this mean he intends to do or that he can do what he says he wants to do? Not any more than any other candidate. None of them can be trusted before we see their product. But at least Trump is saying it -- with vigor, and he has risen to the top of the pack with GOP rank and file as a result. At least for now.

[=====/\=====]
PAUL - TRUMP 2016
or
TRUMP - PAUL 2016
Either works. GOP leadership is either with us or against us.
By 'us,' I mean me and those who agree with me enough that we can work together to make the ticket happen.
We reserve the right to change this ticket as the campaign progresses.
[=====\/=====]

Trump could have done a lot of good with his fame. He finally woke up at age 69? I'm indifferent to Trump. Look at the CEO at Overstock.com. That could have been Trump years earlier.

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Trump could have done a lot of good with his fame. He finally woke up at age 69? I'm indifferent to Trump.

The majority of older Americans are still asleep, but many of them are beginning to wake up. I'm not sure of Trump's awake-status in the past because I've not paid any attention to him. But he has cut to the core of the border/illegal alien, trade and ISIS issues -- far beyond his peers -- in what, two weeks?

As far as doing something with his fame -- I think he might be doing that right now. I hope so.

enhanced_deficit
07-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Wow, did not expect neocons to turn on Trump like this.

cajuncocoa
07-14-2015, 12:12 PM

I'm sure you're right on your first point....many sane members have abandoned it. On your second point, it's entirely possible.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

Chieppa1
07-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Donald Trump is a piece of shit that made him money through coercion of the worst kind. He used the power of the NJ mafia to get ahead. We should all be against this guy. I guess if you are not from the NJ/NY area this idiot is new for you or something. I don't get it.

William Tell
07-14-2015, 12:49 PM

twomp
07-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Writes Bill Kristol...

Bill Kristol joined Anderson Cooper on CNN Wednesday night to discuss the newsman's interview with real-estate mogul and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. The boss argued Trump is a force for good in the GOP presidential primary. Kristol debated Democratic operative and Hillary Clinton-supporter Paul Begala as well as Republican strategist and Jeb Bush-supporter Ana Navarro.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/kristol-gop-candidates-risk-looking-pale-next-trump_987668.html#.VZ5oqMQ8OdA.twitter

twomp
07-14-2015, 01:17 PM

Least interventionist huh?

Trump’s foreign policy views belie his reputation as an unconventional politician who’s willing to say what others don’t dare even think to themselves. Indeed, he sounds like most of the other GOP presidential wannabes when it comes to the pending nuclear deal with Iran:

“Take a look at the deal [Obama’s] making with Iran. [If] he makes that deal, Israel maybe won’t exist very long. It’s a disaster. We have to protect Israel. And we won’t be using a man like Secretary Kerry that has absolutely no concept of negotiation, who’s making a horrible and laughable deal.”

Is Trump willing to go to war with Iran? He positively drools at the prospect:

“America’s primary goal with Iran must be to destroy its nuclear ambitions. Let me put them as plainly as I know how: Iran’s nuclear program must be stopped – by any and all means necessary. Period. We cannot allow this radical regime to acquire a nuclear weapon that they will either use or hand off to terrorists. Better now than later!”

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2015/07/12/donald-trump-a-false-flag-candidate/

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Bill Kristol: GOP 'Very Foolish' to Dump on Donald Trump (https://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Bill-Kristol-GOP-controversial-remarks/2015/07/07/id/653907/)

NIU Students for Liberty
07-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Is he Ron Paul? Is he Rand Paul? No. In some ways he's worse and in some ways he's better.

In what way/s is Trump even remotely better than Ron and Rand?

acptulsa
07-14-2015, 01:23 PM

He creates more jobs for starving internet shills.

William Tell
07-14-2015, 01:26 PM

Maybe David likes socialist medicine and assault rifle bans? That's Trump's thing. To each his own.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2015, 01:52 PM

Per his actions and past statements, Trump can hold the crony corporatist position on immigration, yet he can throw a few generalized slurs at Mexicans and talk tough about Mexico, and some people eat it up, enough for him to go to the top of GOP polls. He is better than Ron and Rand at pandering, lying and generating buzz, albeit with the help of the media machine. He has exploited an obvious gap in US politics, but only in an emotional, deceptive, meaningless and visceral way.

The lesson of Eric Cantor's defeat was not lost on Trump.

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 02:48 PM

He has more energy and backbone to charge directly at those who are blocking his path.

He has more personal wealth to give him the confidence to mount the charge.

He is better with bullet points - getting direct to the issue.

He's better at keeping the audience awake.

He's up front about naming names of those who will need to be dealt with in order to get things done.

He's better at simplifying complex issues -- reducing them to more simple and more timely solutions - making them more achievable.

These are are some points that immediately stood out by far after just a couple of weeks of being exposed to his speeches and interviews.

erowe1
07-14-2015, 02:53 PM
The Trump butt kissers here are getting really tiresome.

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe David likes socialist medicine and assault rifle bans? That's Trump's thing. To each his own.

Why would you say that?

We have socialized medicine now thanks to the GOP and a lack of opposition leadership within it. Trump said in his Phoenix speech that ObamaCare must go. He did say that health care for everyone should be done, so we need to see what he's talking about in more detail. Close the border and repeal ObamaCare -- then we'll talk. The GOP could mount real opposition to any unacceptable replacement, right?

On assault weapons and the 2nd Amendment, here's a recent interview Trump did with AmmoLand.
Donald Trump Talks: Gun Control, Assault Weapons, Gun Free Zones & Self Defense (http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/donald-trump-talks-gun-control-assault-weapons-gun-free-zones/#ixzz3ftwfHrLY)

If you have links to his policy positions on these issues, I'll look at them.

rg17
07-14-2015, 03:08 PM
The Trump butt kissers here are getting really tiresome.

I know right!

erowe1
07-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Why would you say that?

We have socialized medicine now thanks to the GOP and a lack of opposition leadership within it. Trump said in his Phoenix speech that ObamaCare must go. He did say that health care for everyone should be done, so we need to see what he's talking about in more detail. Close the border and repeal ObamaCare -- then we'll talk. The GOP could mount real opposition to any unacceptable replacement, right?

On assault weapons and the 2nd Amendment, here's a recent interview Trump did with AmmoLand.
Donald Trump Talks: Gun Control, Assault Weapons, Gun Free Zones & Self Defense (http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/donald-trump-talks-gun-control-assault-weapons-gun-free-zones/#ixzz3ftwfHrLY)

If you have links to his policy positions on these issues, I'll look at them.

The fact that he's for closed borders makes him far worse than Ron Paul.

You're right that the lack of details about Obamacare makes anything he says against it irrelevant. But even if he offered details, you would also be right not to trust anything he said anyway.

David Sadler
07-14-2015, 04:09 PM
The fact that he's for closed borders makes him far worse than Ron Paul.

You're right that the lack of details about Obamacare makes anything he says against it irrelevant. But even if he offered details, you would also be right not to trust anything he said anyway.

None of them can be trusted.

Ron's position on borders was not mine. We disagreed on that issue.

Chieppa1
07-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Serious question. Why is anyone happy Donald Trump is running? Half the politicians in Washington D.C. wish they were as corrupt as he is. Because he makes other psychopaths nervous its good for liberty?

AuH20
07-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Serious question. Why is anyone happy Donald Trump is running? Half the politicians in Washington D.C. wish they were as corrupt as he is. Because he makes other psychopaths nervous its good for liberty?

for whatever reason, he has deviated from the script.

notsure
07-14-2015, 04:14 PM

And apparently from some of his own previously held positions as well.
Trump is a shill.

erowe1
07-14-2015, 04:16 PM

I don't and won't support Trump for any office under any circumstances. But happy about his running? That's a different question. I'm happy he's running, especially if he is in the debates, the same way I would be happy if Andrew Dice Clay did.

Chieppa1
07-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Like Glenn Beck or the FOX News Tea Party? They are catching on I'm tellin' yea!

Chieppa1
07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I don't and won't support Trump for any office under any circumstances. But happy about his running? That's a different question. I'm happy he's running, especially if he is in the debates, the same way I would be happy if Andrew Dice Clay did.

Good point. And Dice would have my vote. Just so he could tell half of Washington D.C. to ...........

Peace&Freedom
07-16-2015, 05:15 PM
A sobering article for those who think "Trump can't win, he's too ridiculous, he's divisive or a distraction," etc. Basically, they said the same about Reagan:

http://spectator.org/articles/63436/yes-trump-can-win

• New York Times: Reagan’s candidacy is “patently ridiculous.”

• New York Times: “The astonishing thing is that this amusing but frivolous Reagan fantasy is taken so seriously by the news media and particularly by the President (Gerald Ford). It makes a lot of news, but it makes no sense.”

• New Republic: “Ronald Reagan to me is still the posturing, essentially mindless and totally unconvincing candy man that he’s been in my opinion ever since I watched his first try for the Republican nomination evaporate in Miami in 1968.”

• New Republic: “Reagan is Goldwater revisited…He is a divisive factor in the party.”

• Harper’s magazine: “That he should be regarded as a serious candidate for President is a shame and an embarrassment for the country at large to swallow.”

• Chicago Daily News: “The trouble with Reagan, of course, is that his positions on the major issues are cunningly phrased nonsense — irrationality conceived and hair-raising in their potential mischief… Here comes Barry Goldwater again, only more so, and at this stage another such debacle could sink the GOP so deep it might never recover...”

erowe1
07-16-2015, 09:01 PM
A sobering article for those who think "Trump can't win, he's too ridiculous, he's divisive or a distraction," etc. Basically, they said the same about Reagan:

How many of those lines are from 1976 (when Ford was president, as one of them mentions), as opposed to 1980?

Notice also that they don't all say anything to the effect that he had no chance of winning the Republican nomination (just as Goldwater, to whom one of them compares him, had done).

anaconda
07-17-2015, 04:23 PM
Trump has the right friends

Rand and Trump are golfing buddies!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/03/01/rand-paul-golfs-with-donald-trump/

AuH20
07-17-2015, 04:57 PM

Trump may be a snake but he's bringing up opposition against the New World Order:

https://youtu.be/pc1un2GQW_4?t=6m

notsure
07-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Trump may be a snake but he's bringing up opposition against the New World Order:

https://youtu.be/pc1un2GQW_4?t=6m

How so?

AuH20
07-17-2015, 07:46 PM
How so?

The New World Order is predicated on blurring the cultural heritage of particular nations and then welding them together economically. Trump's two major platform points are focused on curtailing illegal immigration and eradicating unfair 'managed trade' deals. His controversial opposition, whether he knows it or not, signals a political groundswell against the New World Order. Now whether another candidate builds upon Trump's rough core message is another issue.

Champ
07-18-2015, 02:54 PM
I look at Trump as a useful wealthy comedian. Nearly every time he speaks, it's comedic gold. If you liked the balls that George Carlin had calling out the system or Ross Perot for shaking up the system in 92, then you can appreciate Trump on that level.

The fact is, as a serious politician, he doesn't know how to truly address certain issues at more complex levels, instead opting to simply over generalize and go for insults and laughs and tough talk. I don't think that is news to anybody here.

In the meantime, I think he is awesome for what he is doing (being funny and exposing truths) and hope he continues deep into the debates, being the great rabble rouser he has always been.

HankRicther12
07-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Trump could have done a lot of good with his fame. He finally woke up at age 69? I'm indifferent to Trump. Look at the CEO at Overstock.com. That could have been Trump years earlier.

I used to shop there, but lost all respect for him when he banned the Confederate Flag just like all the other gutless cowards.