PDA

View Full Version : Handwritten vs. Typed Compromise Suggestion

jnpg
12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I too am debating the hand-written vs. typed/printed. I don't really have time to hand-write 100 letters, but I do want to reach out to Iowans in a personal way. I am considering handwriting a short into page and following with a longer typed letter. I have no doubt people will read what is hand-written. However, if the handwritten piece is interesting enough they will devour the rest of the info.

What do you other letter writers think?

klamath
12-05-2007, 12:30 PM
IMO a type written, hand signed, hand addressed letter is more effective because of the readability factor. If you have very good penmenship or hand printing, probably not though.

JenH88
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I think if your penmanship is good, and you still want to hand write them but are concerned about time- cut down the letter, write something personal but leave the listing of issues and such to campaign material. Saves a lot of time and still leaves that awe of a personal touch. IMO anyways..

work2win
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
After I finished composing my letter, it ended up being too hand-write. I felt that the extra content was worth it, and compromised by handwriting the following: address on envelope, "Dear XXX", email and phone number at the bottom, and a short note to call or email me if they'd like to talk along with a thank you.

I think there's still enough hand-written content this way to secure a read with the advantage of more content to hook the reader and being easier to read.

rs3515
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=47438

literatim
12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
People, typed letter will do more harm than good in Iowa. People in Iowa do not want spammed by out-of-staters.

Benaiah
12-07-2007, 02:51 AM
I am hand-writing 2-4 sentences and calling it good.

literatim
12-07-2007, 04:43 AM
The letters I am hand writing are about a page and a half long.