PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Gun Insurance Is Making A Comeback

Created4
06-21-2015, 01:05 PM
Second Amendment infringement may be on the horizon again, with so-called “gun insurance” added to the list of requirement to purchase and carry a firearm.

US Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D.-N.Y.) has introduced a gun control bill that would mandate that every American who wants to own a gun also purchase and carry liability insurance as well.

The Firearm Risk Protection Act, H.R. 2546, was unveiled in late May and would require that gun owners buy liability insurance coverage before being permitted to buy a handgun or a rifle from a store or dealer. A $10,000 fine would be levied if a gun owner is caught without gun insurance.

The only exemptions would be members of the military and law enforcement officers.

Full Story at OffTheGridNews (http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/mandatory-gun-insurance-is-making-a-comeback/)

phill4paul
06-21-2015, 01:08 PM
If it's a privilege it can be required to be licensed and insured.

The right to bear arms is not a privilege.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-21-2015, 01:10 PM

you'll find no justice in these courts

phill4paul
06-21-2015, 01:13 PM
you'll find no justice in these courts

Of this, I am assured.

tod evans
06-21-2015, 01:43 PM
you'll find no justice in these their courts

FIFY ;)

tangent4ronpaul
06-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know what is actually in this bill? Very poor writing. These are very different things:

The Firearm Risk Protection Act, H.R. 2546, was unveiled in late May and would require that gun owners buy liability insurance coverage before being permitted to buy a handgun or a rifle from a store or dealer.

So only current gun owners need buy insurance before buying another gun?
So this doesn't apply to person to person transactions or transfers through a FFL or gifts or...

A $10,000 fine would be levied if a gun owner is caught without gun insurance.

This applies to anyone that owns a gun.
What if it's a borrowed or rented gun?

Horrible reporting, perhaps based on a horribly written bill.

-t

luctor-et-emergo
06-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what is actually in this bill? Very poor writing. These are very different things:

So only current gun owners need buy insurance before buying another gun?
So this doesn't apply to person to person transactions or transfers through a FFL or gifts or...

This applies to anyone that owns a gun.
What if it's a borrowed or rented gun?

Horrible reporting, perhaps based on a horribly written bill.

-t

Can you even buy insurance on things you plan to buy in the future ?

tod evans
06-21-2015, 02:18 PM

Why of course, it's even constitutional just look at Obamacare......:rolleyes:

luctor-et-emergo
06-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Why of course, it's even constitutional just look at Obamacare......:rolleyes:

In that case, I am waiting on my free pony.

tod evans
06-21-2015, 02:22 PM
In that case, I am waiting on my free pony.

It'll come packed in a rainbow colored box padded with lollipops........

Ronin Truth
06-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Well with the lists of gunowner policy holders from the insurance companies, the eventual gun confiscation round ups should really become much simpler and easier. :p :rolleyes:

tangent4ronpaul
06-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Well with the lists of gunowner policy holders from the insurance companies, the eventual gun round ups should really become much simpler and easier. :p :rolleyes:

Fishing trips and boat rentals are about to become really popular!

What's with all the pony jokes? I missed something.

-t

Root
06-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Fishing trips and boat rentals are about to become really popular!

What's with all the pony jokes? I missed something.

-t
Holy shit, that's how I lost all my guns and rifles.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids... Don't set up floating targets in the ocean.

tangent4ronpaul
06-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Holy shit, that's how I lost all my guns and rifles.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids... Don't set up floating targets in the ocean.

I wonder if this "gun insurance" will cover the replacement of a lost firearm...

What happens if said firearm has since been banned in that state?

Someone should add an amendment. Maloney would crap! :D

-t

William Tell
06-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Ain't gonna be passing Congress anytime soon. Mandatory insurance is a new form of slavery though. It keeps expanding.

osan
06-21-2015, 03:09 PM

And you expect Themme to acknowledge and respect that? Say it ain't so.

Root
06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
I wonder if this "gun insurance" will cover the replacement of a lost firearm...

What happens if said firearm has since been banned in that state?

Someone should add an amendment. Maloney would crap! :D

-t

I'm on board with that.

"whoops"

phill4paul
06-21-2015, 06:56 PM
And you expect Themme to acknowledge and respect that? Say it ain't so.

It ain't so.

oyarde
06-21-2015, 07:52 PM
I will not be insuring weapons . I have my teeth , homes , auto's and life insured . That's all I want to pay for .No Thanks .

acptulsa
06-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Why is it every time liberals decide they don't like something, be it non-mass transit (cars), guns or the state of health care, they send in the insurance underwriters to fuck it up?

Don't they know those things are big corporations? No one told them?

I don't like these medium sized corporations that makes guns so I'm going to send these huge underwriters in with permission to leech them to death.

satchelmcqueen
06-21-2015, 09:00 PM

i always thought that was ass backwards to, but car insurance is like that here in Ga. u gotta buy the insurance BEFORE the car is actually yours. they wont give u a title switch or a tag until after that.

cindy25
06-21-2015, 09:31 PM
it will never pass congress, but watch the state legislatures and even city councils. and the one to thank is Judas Roberts, who opened the door when he folded on Obamacare.

and it won't stop with guns. next will be dogs, backyard swimming pools, etc.

Acala
06-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Folks, you probably already HAVE liability insurance for gun-related accidents if you own a home. Gun accidents are typically not excluded from homeowner policies. Why? Because they are exceedingly rare. Gun grabbers live in a fantasy world where people are dropping like flies from gun accidents. People who live in the real world, like insurance actuaries, know that dogs, swimming pools, trampolines, and bb guns are FAR greater risks - and even those risks are typically not excluded.

Replacement of stolen guns is ALSO covered under a typical homeowner policy. And it wouldn't matter if the stolen gun had since been banned because the insurance company pays with cash, not a replacement item. Of course if it was illegal to OWN at the time of the theft, they would not pay for it.

Unless they do something weird like require "insurance" for intentional acts by the insured (which is otherwise excluded under every real insurance policy in existence), gun liability insurance is a non-issue because the policy would be so cheap as to be insignificant.

Additionally, it should be noted that the typical homeowner policy does not require the insured to list guns or even say that they own any. The insurance company does not care because it is an insignificant risk. They pay thousands of times more for washing machines that flood the house than they do for gun accidents. But if you have a very valuable gun collection, you should probably talk with the insurance company to make sure theft coverage is adequate.