PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Excluded from GOP Search Engine?

MediaTruthNetwork
05-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Just caught this on the daily paul site:
---
Excluded from GOP Search Engine...

See for yourself. I just did. Do the search on the link above. Type "Ron Paul" and click on "exact expression." Nothing. Now search "Giuliani" or "McCain" even Huckabee and Tancredo get hits. NOTHING for a long-serving Congressman?

http://www.gop.com/Search/Search.aspx

Mort
05-18-2007, 07:52 PM
---

See for yourself. I just did. Do the search on the link above. Type "Ron Paul" and click on "exact expression." Nothing. Now search "Giuliani" or "McCain" even Huckabee and Tancredo get hits. NOTHING for a long-serving Congressman?

That sucks, but what are you one of ten people to use the gop.com search engine.

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
---

Wow... seriously... maybe we should file complaints with our own GoP HQ...

if they actually blocked a search fielding "ron paul", the only thing I can compare it to is the Chinese Communists who ban searches within China for "tibet" "taiwan" etc.
i know as a republican i don't want that kind of reputation.

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 08:02 PM
done

MediaTruthNetwork
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I know it sucks, but "if" it is a fact (might not be) it needs to be shown
to the public. I only looked at it briefly so I'd have to investigate it further.

I've been saying for years - if we want our country back we need to educate
as many people as possibly and get them to use a "critical thought process"
instead of the conditioned process.

Once people see the manipulations for themselves and start seeking answers
they eventually come around and see Ron for what he really is.

- Dave

UtahApocalypse
05-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow, even his own party is doing this? This needs immediate attention. I cant believe that. Time for another email and phone campaign. I am sending the following:

On your website I believe the search function is broken. I tried looking for information for Republican Congressman and Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul and found nothing. I truly hope that this is a technical error and will be remedied shortly. If the GOP is now removing him from search I would be completely apauld and have to take action by contacting news, blogs, local GOP offices, and other members of the GOP. Please respond or have this issue fixed before the GOP looses any credibility as a American party.

Bradley in DC
05-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Rather than just complain (and we should ALWAYS be polite and NEVER make personal attacks), we need to start being pro-active. Let's use their site to get the truth out about Dr. Paul!

Gentlemen (and women), let the game begin: start your threads!:)

Mort
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Huckabee gets 2 hits

Tancredo gets one.

I don't think we have to fire up emails and phones for this. They just don't have much on the less popular candidates.

AlexAmore
05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Guys did you try any other candidates? I did and got nothing *shrug*.

edit: I tried John Mccain and mitt romney. I guess the above poster got a couple hits.

billv
05-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah, don't e-mail them. The e-mailing will start doing us more harm than good. Seriously. Plus, I tested the site myself and I really didn't find any obviously biased abberations that seem to indicate that Ron was being blacklisted.

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, don't e-mail them. The e-mailing will start doing us more harm than good. Seriously. Plus, I tested the site myself and I really didn't find any obviously biased abberations that seem to indicate that Ron was being blacklisted.

thanx for the info, going to edit out the details

commonsense
05-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I've tried to search Sean Hannity's forums for "Ron Paul", but I am given an error message in another internet explorer window. To make sure it wasn't my connection, user error, or my computer, I searched other names as well. Duncan Hunter, Giuliani, Obama, and Clinton were all successful searches........ To be fair, there are actually posts about Ron Paul in the forums, but you would have to read through hundreds of other posts to find them all. It would be nice to be able to search for them instead.

Kandilynn
05-18-2007, 10:42 PM
You guys are gonna slaughter me for this one.

As I was searching I thought, 'Wouldn't it be funny if it said "Nothing matched your criteria." and then said, This is what we here at the RNC call "blowback"

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 10:44 PM
You guys are gonna slaughter me for this one.

As I was searching I thought, 'Wouldn't it be funny if it said "Nothing matched your criteria." and then said, This is what we here at the RNC call "blowback"

lol no, i was thinking of the blowback the GoP will feel if paul's base continues to be disrespected by a few of their "chairmen"