PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Wants Internal GOP Debate Over Taxes

jct74
06-18-2015, 11:16 PM
Rand Paul Wants Internal GOP Debate Over Taxes

By Niels Lesniewski
June 18, 2015

In unveiling his proposal to slash taxes to a single 14.5 percent marginal rate, Sen. Rand Paul wants a debate over whether the GOP should only seek to simplify the tax code.

In an interview with CQ Roll Call, the Kentucky Republican said the plan he outlined in an opinion piece published in Thursday’s Wall Street Journal should encourage a debate about the amount of money the federal government should take in from tax receipts, upending the existing systems of taxes and tariffs along the way.

“I think the main thing that we as Republicans need to do a better job on is that most of the Republicans in Washington I think are — have become beaten down by the system and all they are willing to offer is revenue neutral tax reform. And to me that means they’re just going to shift the burden around, but they’re not going to reduce the overall burden for the private sector,” Paul said. “I think that’s the debate we need to have within the Republican Party: are we the party that wants to shift the burden around … or are we the party that actually thinks that you can stimulate the economy and grow the economy by significantly reducing how much revenue comes into Washington and leaving that money in the private sector.”

The presidential candidate’s past proposals to balance the federal budget would require significant slashing of federal programs, and his tax plan would be no different, apparently reducing federal revenue by a minimum of $2 trillion over a decade.

read more:
http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/rand-paul-gop-debate-income-taxes/

timosman
06-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Yes, make these dimwits sweat.

HVACTech
06-18-2015, 11:50 PM
Yes, make these dimwits sweat.

dude, the problem is that they are "Federalists"

Federations are the REAL problem.

our leader KNOWS this truth. AF, huggyboy and Ronin truth will set you straight.

Sola_Fide
06-19-2015, 12:04 AM
The problem with Republicans nowadays is that they get all fired up about changes to the tax code when they don't have an equal enthusiasm for spending cuts.

fr33
06-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Even better: one of the GOP primary debates should be only about taxes. It would give Rand a chance to connect with the base while the others roll over and act like the progressives they are.