PDA

View Full Version : lawful acts now = reason for leos to detain you in MI

morfeeis
06-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Grand Rapids, Mich. – In a stunning violation of 2nd Amendment rights, the U.S. District Court of Western Michigan ruled police have the legal authority to detain individuals that choose to exercise their constitutional right to open carry a firearm. Open Carry is also specifically allowed under Michigan law.

The ruling means that people in Michigan who choose to exercise this constitutional right are now subject to being stopped by law enforcement for engaging in a completely lawful activity.

Officers detained Johann Deffert in early 2013. He was walking down the sidewalk with a holstered FNP-45 pistol, after receiving a 9-1-1 call from a woman who spotted Deffert with the open carried, but holstered, handgun on his person.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/federal-court-rules-police-detain-individuals-open-carrying-firearms/#vP14RKsZpLXK38Iw.99

I'm not even sure where to begin with this one; how in the flying shit can a legal act become cause to detain an individual? if that is the case than a leo can now detain you in MI for any legal action and that just flushes whatever was left of the 4th down the drain....

thoughtomator
06-17-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm not even sure where to begin with this one; how in the flying shit can a legal act become cause to detain an individual?

Perfectly normal in all Fascist police states.

phill4paul
06-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Yawn. Use it or lose it.

TheTexan
06-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Well, walking around with a weapon on your side is pretty suspicious, unless you're a cop of course then its OK

heavenlyboy34
06-17-2015, 06:37 PM
If you ain't got F/FOC status (friend/family of cop) status, you're SOL, bud.

phill4paul
06-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Well, walking around with a weapon on your side is pretty suspicious, unless you're a cop of course then its OK

I don't think they stopped him for having a sidearm (though it was probably a good thing just to check). I think they stopped him for wearing camouflage. Which is something only the military and police officers are allowed to do.

TheTexan
06-17-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't think they stopped him for having a sidearm (though it was probably a good thing just to check). I think they stopped him for wearing camouflage. Which is something only the military and police officers are allowed to do.

He was also apparently behaving very strangely: he was very happily singing out loud the song "Hakuna Matata".

Very suspicious behavior indeed, especially for someone wearing camo.

heavenlyboy34
06-17-2015, 06:52 PM
srsly? Source?

TheTexan
06-17-2015, 06:55 PM
srsly? Source?

I don't have an exact source but I think it's usually fine to wear camo. I think it's the combination of carrying a weapon *and* wearing camo, that is illegal.

Helps to prevent school shootings & Chris Dorner type stuff.

phill4paul
06-17-2015, 06:59 PM
I don't have an exact source but I think it's usually fine to wear camo. I think it's the combination of carrying a weapon *and* wearing camo, that is illegal.

Helps to prevent school shootings & Chris Dorner type stuff.

As always...spot on with your analysis. Thank you for your correction and continued insight on RPF's.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-19-2015, 02:09 AM
Make a citizen's arrest because he's openly carrying a pistol too :eek: Nothing is scarier than a peasant with a gun to these twerps