PDA

View Full Version : SC GOP Governor Nikki Haley Signs Bill Requiring Police to Wear Body Cameras

BarryDonegan
06-15-2015, 12:53 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/sc-gop-governor-nikki-haley-signs-bill-requiring-police-to-wear-body-cameras/

Last Wednesday, with the family of the late Walter Scott at her side, South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley signed a bill into law requiring police in the state to wear body cameras.

Zippyjuan
06-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Complaints against officers have fallen in most places they have been instituted.

On the other hand, some worry about ever more cameras watching everything and that impact on privacy and liberties.

The Northbreather
06-15-2015, 09:57 PM
There needs to be penalties payed to complainants if the cameras " malfunction" even if there is not an incident....

Root
06-15-2015, 10:34 PM
I think this is more to protect the cops than us.

In the interest of transparency, they should upload every minute of video (unedited) to the interwebz.

If you have nothing to hide...

Zippyjuan
06-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Cameras watching you- bad. Cameras watching somebody else- good. If you have nothing to hide....

roho76
06-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Cameras watching you- bad. Cameras watching somebody else- good. If you have nothing to hide....

It's not "somebody else", it's Kops who are paid by the people and if they want to keep their job then wear the camera. Nobody is forcing them to stay on the force. When they steal our money and then point the camera at us and monitor our movements that's not right.

Zippyjuan
06-16-2015, 03:16 PM
If they are wearing body cameras and are near you- they have cameras pointed at you. If you have nothing to hide....

roho76
06-17-2015, 12:44 AM
If they are wearing body cameras and are near you- they have cameras pointed at you. If you have nothing to hide....

You are an imbecile. Why do you go out of your way to be obtuse? You know what I meant. If the kops have a body camera on then that's fine. When they spy on me from a drone and then tell me to mind my own business while they track us and everything we do, on our dime no less, that's where they cross the line.