PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Opposing ObamaTrade - A Great Article To Send To Your GOP Friends!

tennman
06-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Many Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio supporters have been left stunned by the two Republican’s support of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), also called Obamatrade, and its massive expansion of Obama’s executive authority and the authority of foreign bodies over the data of U.S. citizens. Rubio even channeled Nancy Pelosi’s comments on Obamacare with himself saying that the Obamatrade bill had to first be passed in order for us to know what is in it. Rand Paul was quick to respond by saying, “We should read legislation before we vote on it.” Read All of It at http://libertarianboard.com/2015/06/rand-paul-only-candidate-against-obamatrade/

Rudeman
06-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Also good to lump in Mike Lee with Rand if possible because a lot of Ted Cruz supporters likes Mike Lee as well.

Inkblots
06-12-2015, 09:26 PM
This is a huge opportunity for the campaign. Thanks for the article.

Brett85
06-12-2015, 10:07 PM
What will you say if Rand ends up voting for the TPP? He's said he's undecided on how he'll ultimately vote on it.

Mr.NoSmile
06-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Something on a more mainstream site would probably be more appealing and grabbing to voters and viewers as opposed to a site called 'Libertarian Board News.'

specsaregood
06-12-2015, 10:27 PM
What will you say if Rand ends up voting for the TPP? He's said he's undecided on how he'll ultimately vote on it.

Allow me play the role of the amazing Kreskin for you:

Randal will wax poetically about the benefits, awesomeness and how he supports "free trade". He will also talk about the need to allow congress to amend and alter the agreement. (which the TPA eliminates). Then he will proceed to vote against the agreement because amendments will not be allowed, because it harms national sovereignty (Randal is not an anarchist libertarian), because the process has been secretive and because its bad overall. Just like his old man did on all those other fake trade agreements.

Brett85
06-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Allow me play the role of the amazing Kreskin for you:

Randal will wax poetically about the benefits, awesomeness and how he supports "free trade". He will also talk about the need to allow congress to amend and alter the agreement. (which the TPA eliminates). Then he will proceed to vote against the agreement because amendments will not be allowed, because it harms national sovereignty (Randal is not an anarchist libertarian), because the process has been secretive and because its bad overall. Just like his old man did on all those other fake trade agreements.

Rand has already voted in favor of three different "free trade agreements" since he's been in the Senate, and I don't think they were allowed to add amendments to those trade deals.

Occam's Banana
06-12-2015, 10:34 PM
Rand Paul Opposing ObamaTrade - A Great Article To Send To Your GOP Friends!

Meh. They'd need to fix a pretty basic factual error before I would spread it around ...

Many Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio supporters have been left stunned by the two Republican’s support of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), also called Obamatrade, and its massive expansion of Obama’s executive authority and the authority of foreign bodies over the data of U.S. citizens. Rubio even channeled Nancy Pelosi’s comments on Obamacare with himself saying that the Obamatrade bill had to first be passed in order for us to know what is in it.

It was Paul Ryan who said that, not Marco Rubio: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-11/paul-ryan-channels-pelosi-you-have-pass-obamatrade-see-what%E2%80%99s-obamatrade

(Though I would not be at all surprised if Rubio supports it as well.)

specsaregood
06-12-2015, 10:34 PM
Rand has already voted in favor of three different "free trade agreements" since he's been in the Senate, and I don't think they were allowed to add amendments to those trade deals.

its pretty obvious he doesn't intend to vote for this one.

Krugminator2
06-12-2015, 11:00 PM
its pretty obvious he doesn't intend to vote for this one.

It's probably 60/40 in favor of him voting for it. There is going to have to be a lot stuff jammed in that isn't related to trade (which it sounds like there might be) for him to justify a no vote.