PDA

View Full Version : Chaldeans in Detroit seem to love Ron Paul...

The Plan
12-05-2007, 11:02 AM
This is actually surprising me. The most Ron Paul signs i seem to see posted in the Detroit area seem to be at gas stations and party stored owned by Chaldeans. This is starnge because with most of the ones i know they were really pro war against Saddam when it first went down because most of them around here came from Iraq or Lebanon. I would have never guess a change would happen like this in that community. I always ask about it when i go into a store that i see a Ron Paul sign out in front of and they seem to be pretty pumped up about him.

Madison
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I live in SE Michigan and in my opinion they generally like the fact that Saddam is out of power, but they oppose our continued occupation in Iraq, as well as our posturing towards Iran. Not to mention our policies on detaining "enemy combatants" without due process/habeas corpus and the fact torture is prevalent.

The Plan
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
That's what i find to be true as well.

Corydoras
12-05-2007, 06:47 PM
The Chaldeans are mostly or all Catholic, am I right? Is there a list of their parishes somewhere?

Liberty Star
12-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Very cool.

Appeal for Ron Paul's ideas of Liberty transcends all boundaries and inspires Americans across the baord. Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.

Tea Party Revolt Dec 16, 2007.

ctb619
12-05-2007, 06:59 PM
The Chaldeans I know initially supported the war because of their utter hatred for Saddam (I don't blame them), but have since turned against the policy because of how destructive it has been -- they have been forced to move their family members out of the country.

Liberty Star
12-05-2007, 07:03 PM
The Chaldeans I know initially supported the war because of their utter hatred for Saddam (I don't blame them), but have since turned against the policy because of how destructive it has been -- they have been forced to move their family members out of the country.

They probably didn't expect that such bungling idiots would be managing post war Iraq. It was a mistake to invade but they compounded the blunders afterwards.