PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rasmussen Daily -- Huck 20%, Rudy 17%, RP still at 7%

csen
12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

For some reason I just laugh about Huck leading. This field is way softer than I thought.

Birdlady
12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
How is Huckabee magically at 20%? This has to be a very biased sample size they are polling now. I just think of Frank when I see poll numbers like this! haha

jufreese
12-05-2007, 10:55 AM
bc Sam Brownback was the other President for God, so now that he has dropped out, all of his votes went to Huck

csen
12-05-2007, 10:55 AM
How is Huckabee magically at 20%? This has to be a very biased sample size they are polling now. I just think of Frank when I see poll numbers like this! haha

I think it shows that despite what people may say, non-RP people haven't made up their minds yet. For an RP supporter this is like a solar eclipse -- everything is lining up exactly as we wanted. Now the question is if we have the numbers to take advantage.

Akus
12-05-2007, 10:56 AM
How is Huckabee magically at 20%? This has to be a very obsolete sample collection method they're using. I just think of Frank when I see poll numbers like this! hahaCorrected

jufreese
12-05-2007, 10:56 AM
we will if we can get 10 mil on Dec 16

FluffyUnbound
12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I think tomorrow the last 5% day should fall off the 4 day average they use. Hopefully Ron will statistically rise to 8 at that point. With Giuliani at only 18 this is anybody's race.

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Get the numbers up! Operation Front Door Dec 17th (http://www.myspace.com/operationfrontdoor)!

Bradley in DC
12-05-2007, 11:28 AM
So, they are 95% confident that Dr. Paul could be third nationally. The polls are rigged. :rolleyes:

leonster
12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Realistically, Giuliani, Romney, McCain, Thompson... they're all on a downward spiral. Only Paul and Huckabee have positive momentum.

Romney losing Iowa--even if it's to Huckabee--is great for us in NH, because Romney is our main threat there. If he gets beat in Iowa after his millions of personal wealth, by a guy with very little money, he could be half dead-in-the-water going into NH. NH is NOT Huckabee country--no worries there, I think.

If Paul pulls off NH, then the entire race is flipped upside down, and the two "darkhorse" candidates will be the frontrunners. B/c who else would be left? Romney who got thrashed in two states after millions blown? Dead in the water. Giuliani, a "frontrunner" who can't finish in the top two, maybe even top three? Fallen. McCain and Thompson? Their campaigns are really viable even now--they've already had their fall from grace.

Can anyone think of a campaign that was a frontrunner, then fell well below expectations and fell HARD... then picked it back up and won? It just doesn't happen, as far as I know. If a frontrunner falls hard out of the gate, they're done. Someone with momentum can afford to stumble... but someone already declining can't.

DRV45N05
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Not worried.

He's been holding steady at 7% the last three days. This is good news. He's 13 points back of the lead.

As Drew Ivers said in his speech, they're on the logarithmic curve.

Zydeco
12-05-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

For some reason I just laugh about Huck leading. This field is way softer than I thought.

True dat!

AlexMerced
12-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Being a front runner will make Huckabees supporters so smug they will be more likely not to turn out.

We turn out in mass numbers cause we're perceptually trying to prove a point, so we're motivated.

Huckabees supporters proved that point to early, and will kill their momentum

werdd
12-05-2007, 12:38 PM
bc Sam Brownback was the other President for God, so now that he has dropped out, all of his votes went to Huck

yeah and brownback had like .02 percent, this is a load of crap

Goldwater Conservative
12-05-2007, 12:44 PM
We have over a third as much "support" as the new "frontrunner" has, and over two-fifths what second place "Mr. 9/11" himself has. Even if this poll proved accurate anywhere, we'd have a lot to be proud of... and there's no way our turnout is going to be lower than theirs.

xd9fan
12-05-2007, 01:01 PM
No poll out there can measure Paul supporter's.....energy. We will be at the polls even through the gates of hell and high water. Thats a fact. Nothing can stop us. I will not stop. ( throwing my theoretical sword into the ground):cool:

Does Mitt's supporter's have this energy and drive??
Do Rudy's people have that "fire in the belly"??
Does Tax hike Mike's have "the people"???

simply does not exist

Paul's support is radioactive.

MyKillK
12-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Huckabee has gone from 13% to 20% since 11/30. I'm sorry but that is fishy, real fishy.

Ron LOL
12-05-2007, 01:14 PM
F you, Frank :D

Bigboyen
12-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Bad News 1: Republicans loves Huckabee.
Bad News 2: Too many Republicans still don't know about Paul.

Good News 1: Republicans hate the other candidates.
Good News 2: The other candidates knows they are not liked, so they need to win by getting Republicans to hate Huckabee more then they hate them. So be ready for some real negative and aggressive campaigning against Huckabee.
Good News 3: The other candidates don't have time to take Ron Paul seriously. They are short on time to stop Huckabee running away with this. So we are able to be under the radar and no one will hear anything about Paul then a good message we will provide them, while they will heard a lot of negative about every other candidates.
Good News 4: Ron Paul has the money and the grassroots to get up the name recognition.

Liberty
12-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Huckabee has gone from 13% to 20% since 11/30. I'm sorry but that is fishy, real fishy.

I agree. I put the pollsters on the same level of disdain I have for MSM. Unfortunately, many Americans think, oh, he's leading, I better vote for him.

ronpaulitician
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
11/05/07
Guiliani 23%
Huckabee 12%
Thompson 18%
Romney 11%
McCain 15%

12/05/07
Guiliani 17% (-6)
Huckabee 20% (+8)
Thompson 10% (-8)
Romney 13% (+2%)
McCain 13 (-2%)

Looks to me like Huckabee took "votes" away from Giuliani and Thompson.

wgadget
12-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I heard the NH teacher's union has endorsed Huckster. Probably because he's ANTI-school voucher. Heh.

cmc
12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
McCain had huge numbers and fell. Rudy had huge numbers and is falling fast. Thompson had huge numbers and fell within a month. Huck is getting his 15 minutes and that is fine; it just shows how weak the media favorites are. Paul will get his chance if we can just keep plowing ahead... remember the tortoise and the hare?

Adamsa
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Unless the people voting are changing can change their minds over Huckabee telling a couple of jokes, I doubt this is true to life.

Cleaner44
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Realistically, Giuliani, Romney, McCain, Thompson... they're all on a downward spiral. Only Paul and Huckabee have positive momentum.

I agree completely, although Huckabee's seems to be a bit manufactured by the machine.

Check out this graph I made on the fund raising. It confirms the momentum.

http://thecaseforronpaul.com/FR.aspx

Cleaner44
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
McCain had huge numbers and fell. Rudy had huge numbers and is falling fast. Thompson had huge numbers and fell within a month. Huck is getting his 15 minutes and that is fine; it just shows how weak the media favorites are. Paul will get his chance if we can just keep plowing ahead... remember the tortoise and the hare?

This really hits the nail on the head. They have tried each of the other candidates on and have found that the glass slipper doesn't fit. I wonder how long until they declare Hunter as the new leader.

Real_CaGeD
12-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree completely, although Huckabee's seems to be a bit manufactured by the machine.

Check out this graph I made on the fund raising. It confirms the momentum.

http://thecaseforronpaul.com/FR.aspx

Yes, we shall peak at the correct time.:D

Micahyah
12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
That's a great comparative fundraising graph.

Arek
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
When I think of dark horse candidates I think about Bill Clinton being ranked nationally 6th place in 1992 when the primaries started and all the sudden he became the Democrats superstar. The difference would be Clinton got the support of the MSM. Then again if the Republican front runners keep screwing up like they all do, then they'll have no choice but to start pushing Ron Paul. This Republican election is starting to resemble the #1 and #2 seeds in college football this year, they keep falling. Ron Paul gets the BCS/ er Republican nomination. He's the only candidate without dirt for the Dems to pull out during the general election.

spivey378
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
another thing we have going for us is the average voter will not want to vote for any of these other schmucks and just stay in.

itsnobody
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Just wait...after the Tea Party 07 watch what will happen, Ron Paul will jump up by at least 5% and start polling at 10%+ then after the Iowa and NH primaries it'll be even more interesting...like they say "the party has just begun"

jacmicwag
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
The main problem (for us) is that people actually like the Huckster. For better or worse, he does have a personality. Yes, the so-called top tier will starting throwing mud by the bucket very soon - let's hope it sticks like glue.

Paulite5112007
12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
LIke everyone else, I think this is shaping up to be a perfect storm. After all the mud they sling at Huckabee, everyones favorite candidate will be tarnished and will have tarnished someone else. This creates more apathy - good for us because we outnumber excited supporters of all other candidates combined.

Maltheus
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I think this means that Ron Paul's only chance will be in a third party bid. I hope I'm wrong. But once you have evangelical momentum, in this new Republican party, then I think it's close to over. This support could be manufactured by the media, but I suspect it's real and growing. Huckabee is the perfect straw man to put up against Hillary. It'll make the evangelicals feel righteous when they lose, strengthening the base, while allowing business-as-usual Hillary to get elected much more easily.

That being said, as tough as a third party route would be to follow, Ron Paul is simply not a fit for today's Republican party. And his supporters certainly aren't. It's right that we try to work within the party for now, as long as we don't lose sight of the fact that the odds are very much stacked against us. And some need to learn, that pissing off other Republicans and shouting Ron Paul at them, is not the way to work within the party.

sharedvoice
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Rasmussen polls are historically inaccurate and very biased. They don't even sample his name 1/2 the time.