PDA

View Full Version : DoJ Subpoenas Libertarian Website REASON For Anonymous Commenters’ Identities

Natural Citizen
06-09-2015, 04:35 PM
http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/40/f6/c0/00/5.si.jpg
Reuters / Tim Wimborne

The Department of Justice issued a grand jury subpoena to the leading libertarian magazine Reason for the identities of anonymous commenters on an online article that they published about the controversial Silk Road court case.

The severity of the punishment shocked a number of members of the public, including the libertarian-leaning audience of Reason.

“Its judges like these that should be taken out back and shot,” a commenter going by the name of Agammamon wrote.

“It's judges like these that will be taken out back and shot,” another corrected him.

“Why waste ammunition? Wood chippers get the message across clearly. Especially if you feed them in feet first,” a third added.

The comments can no longer be seen on a live version of the article, indicating that they were probably removed by moderators.

However, they can be found in the subpoena (http://rt.com/usa/266092-doj-subpoenas-commenters-threats/%20http://popehat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Revised-Grand-Jury-Subpoena.pdf), which was passed to the lawyer and law blogger at Popehat.com Ken White (http://popehat.com/2015/06/08/department-of-justice-uses-grand-jury-subpoena-to-identify-anonymous-commenters-on-a-silk-road-post-at-reason-com/) on the by an anonymous source.

The subpoena outlines several of these comments and a number of others, which were equally vitriolic, while also commanding Reason to appear before a grand jury on June 9 in New York City.

They were hand over the commenters’ IP addresses, names, account information, addresses, billing information and associated devices connected to the users in regard to 18 USC 875 (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/875), a statute concerning interstate threats.

On June 8, Nick Gillespie wrote a short blog post (http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/08/a-request-of-our-commenters) asking Reason commenters to "refrain from any discussion of the subject of the article at Popehat.com and its contents on our site."

Continued - DOJ subpoenas identities of online commenters for ‘threats’ against judge (http://rt.com/usa/266092-doj-subpoenas-commenters-threats/)

Slave Mentality
06-09-2015, 07:50 PM
The symptoms of tyranny are ever more apparent. Lives ruined over legitimate comments that many share. The cowards will continue to ramp shit like this up as they see the illusion of their control fading quickly. It is an illusion backed by death and destruction, as can be clearly seen here.

When will your visit come?

limequat
06-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Getting pretty close to home, there.

tod evans
06-09-2015, 08:52 PM
:cool:

NACBA
06-10-2015, 04:47 AM
The Department of Justice has issued a subpoena ordering libertarian website Reason.com to hand over information about their anonymous commenters, accusing those users of “threatening” a federal judge. (RELATED: Former CBS Reporter Sues Justice Department For Illegal Surveillance)
Ads by ZINC

The grand jury subpeona, issued by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, orders Reason to turn over the names, IP addresses, physical addresses, emails, billing information and telephone numbers of six anonymous commenters. The government’s request also asks Reason to “voluntarily refrain” from disclosing the existence of the grand jury investigation.

The offending comments are from a Nick Gillespie article on the sentencing of Ross Ulbricht, founder of the online black market website Silk Road, to life in prison. A number of the supportive commentators vented their anger at sentencing Judge Katherine Forrest, with some of the more colorful commentators wishing she’d meet an unfortunate demise by way of woodchipper.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/09/doj-subpeonas-libertarian-website-for-anonymous-commenters-identities/#ixzz3cegCNfAJ

Schifference
06-10-2015, 05:31 AM
shouldn't that be protected speech?

NACBA
06-10-2015, 05:41 AM
shouldn't that be protected speech?

"Let me be the first to say this plainly," Turner wrote. "These Judges deserve to be killed."

The FBI reports that Turner also included photographs, phone numbers, work addresses and room numbers of the judges, along with a photo of the building in which they work and a map of its location.

The three judges testified in Brooklyn Wednesday, saying that their staff told them about Turner's postings.

Patrick J. Fitzgerald, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, issued a statement about the case Friday:

"There is no place in society for threatening federal judges with violence. Period. We are grateful that the jury saw these threats for what they were and rejected any notion that they were acceptable speech."

Turner's defense had argued that his rants were "political trash talk" protected by the First Amendment.

Two previous trials ended in hung juries.

Turner, who was previously free on bond, was taken into custody pending sentencing, according to the FBI.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/13/hal-turner-guilty-blogger_n_681881.html

tod evans
06-10-2015, 05:50 AM
There will be no justice so long as governments functionaries are permitted to hide like roaches in a slum....

JK/SEA
06-10-2015, 10:04 AM
you're supposed to end those comments with...''just kidding''....

oh well...wait..someones knocking at the door...should i let them in?...lol..

Texan4Life
06-10-2015, 10:13 AM
oh snap

The Northbreather
06-10-2015, 10:14 AM
There will be no justice so long as governments functionaries are permitted to hide like roaches in a slum....
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

The Northbreather
06-10-2015, 10:23 AM
This is what happens when your neighbors whine about injustice at a lower level then beg for a more powerful and "just" federal authority.

Complete totalitarianism.

Zero recognition of individual rights.

SeanTX
06-10-2015, 11:40 AM
you're supposed to end those comments with...''just kidding''....

oh well...wait..someones knocking at the door...should i let them in?...lol..

Since a "violent threat" was made it's possible that will be used as an excuse to perform a "dynamic entry." In that case, don't worry, they will let themselves in -- if you have dogs in the house maybe you'll have time to get them out back where they *might* be safe. And you better keep those hands where they can be seen until you are thrown to the floor.

Any interaction with the Enforcers carries with it the threat of death or great bodily injury. That makes this sort of thing even more insidious. The risk may be slight, but it's still there.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Tick tock motherfuckers...

Natural Citizen
06-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Yep.

tod evans
06-10-2015, 01:01 PM

Reported.

Natural Citizen
06-10-2015, 01:06 PM
One thing that I'dd add is that it was really stupid for those commenters to put their platform out there like that. I don't really care for Reason myself but irrelevant of that, it seems awfully dumb to implode that which took work to build.

specsaregood
06-10-2015, 01:10 PM
It seems to me like this would be a good time for Bryan to make statement about what information is logged at rpfs.
Ideally having him disable all ip logging or having all ip logs automatically clear in a reasonable amount of time.

That way the day he is subpoenaed, he has nothing to turn over. just saying...

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Reported.

We're all on a list, we're all felons.

Just a matter of who they decide to round up today.

muh_roads
06-10-2015, 01:19 PM
It seems to me like this would be a good time for Bryan to make statement about what information is logged at rpfs.
Ideally having him disable all ip logging or having all ip logs automatically clear in a reasonable amount of time.

Everything is kept I'm sure, including deleted PM's.

Full disclosure...I was one of the 600 people that got a subpena on bitcointalk forums because I communicated with BFL in the past. Deleted PM's were handed to the Kansas City court.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 01:20 PM

The subpoena is in the form in which I received it, except that I printed it and re-scanned it and redacted the direct phone line of the Assistant U.S. Attorney who issued it.

The subpoena specifies that "identifying information" includes:

1. Subscriber/Account information, if any
2. Associated addressees, email addressees, telephone number(s)
3. IP addressees associated with the postings
4. Billing information to include credit card/bank information, if any
5. Associated devices connected to the user.

Those of us that have donated to the site are well and truly fucked.

But yes, a self "scrubbing" feature of everything else would be nice, if possible.

Because that day is coming, sometime.

specsaregood
06-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Everything is kept I'm sure, including deleted PM's.

Yes by default I'm sure they are. That doesn't mean Bryan could not take measures to wipe stuff proactively.

orenbus
06-10-2015, 01:22 PM
:mad:

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 01:23 PM
The article at PopeHat, which I normally enjoy, sucks.

They are one step away from throwing the very concept of free speech in the woods, because they are running scared.

http://popehat.com/2015/06/08/department-of-justice-uses-grand-jury-subpoena-to-identify-anonymous-commenters-on-a-silk-road-post-at-reason-com/

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Yes by default I'm sure they are. That doesn't mean Bryan could not take measures to wipe stuff proactively.

Off to start a thread about that.

Natural Citizen
06-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Well. Basically this... IP addresses, names, account information, addresses, billing information and associated devices connected to the users in regard to 18 USC 875 (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/875), a statute concerning interstate threats.

presence
06-10-2015, 01:30 PM
“Why waste ammunition? Wood chippers get the message across clearly. Especially if you feed them in feet first,” a third added.

so it would be bad to add this to my signature line?

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Well. Basically this... IP addresses, names, account information, addresses, billing information and associated devices connected to the users in regard to 18 USC 875 (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/875), a statute concerning interstate threats.

Typical mission creep.

A set of statutes designed to prosecute kidnapping and extortion is being used to prosecute non compliant and griping mundanes from even the slightest little bit of mouthing off.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 01:32 PM
so it would be bad to add this to my signature line?

You already have subversive shit in your sig line.

...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Expect your SWAT raid shortly.

donnay
06-10-2015, 01:38 PM
That's it! We're going off the grid!

morfeeis
06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
What's with the dog and pony show? why act like they don't already have this information, we all know that all they have to do is amke a quick phone call to the NSA and all of the information they need will be at their fingertips. Hell i'd go as far as to say that they already have all of the information and are just doi9ng this to be able to present evidence in open court....

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
You would think that true threats would be treated differently from hyperbole in a political comments section. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case, as evidenced by this subpoena.

specsaregood
06-10-2015, 01:55 PM
You would think that true threats would be treated differently from hyperbole in a political comments section. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case, as evidenced by this subpoena.

Once a bully figures out that a victim is not going to fight back; they tend to keep pushing harder and harder.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 02:11 PM
What's with the dog and pony show? why act like they don't already have this information, we all know that all they have to do is amke a quick phone call to the NSA and all of the information they need will be at their fingertips. Hell i'd go as far as to say that they already have all of the information and are just doing this to be able to present evidence in open court....

And you'd be right.

There is still a semblance of the Fourth Amendment left, so they are just going through the motions.

And, bonus, because they most certainly already have all this info, if anybody at (T)Reason lies to them, boom, there's another felony persecution.

Inkblots
06-10-2015, 02:12 PM
What's with the dog and pony show? why act like they don't already have this information, we all know that all they have to do is amke a quick phone call to the NSA and all of the information they need will be at their fingertips. Hell i'd go as far as to say that they already have all of the information and are just doi9ng this to be able to present evidence in open court....

No, that's not it. They could never get a conviction on this, and they know it. The reason they're doing this is to intimidate and threaten with exposure those who dare to speak ill of the State's enforcers. The thought of Federal agents visiting their friends and employers to "assess whether they pose a threat", the thought of their names and personal information being revealed to the liberal electronic lynch mob on Twitter, the thought of losing their jobs and having their lives ruined – that's what the DoJ wants to instill in the minds of anyone thinking of saying this sort of thing about them.

The point is to create a chilling effect, to limit free speech through fear. And they can do it, even knowing that their investigation will never produce evidence capable of convicting them. They don't need a conviction, they'll probably never even bring formal charges – the process is the punishment.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Once a bully figures out that a victim is not going to fight back; they tend to keep pushing harder and harder.

Bazinga.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 02:13 PM
No, that's not it. They could never get a conviction on this, and they know it. The reason they're doing this is to intimidate and threaten with exposure those who dare to speak ill of the State's enforcers. The thought of Federal agents visiting their friends and employers to "assess whether they pose a threat", the thought of their names and personal information being revealed to the liberal electronic lynch mob on Twitter, the thought of losing their jobs and having their lives ruined – that's what the DoJ wants to instill in the minds of anyone thinking of saying this sort of thing about them.

The point is to create a chilling effect, to limit free speech through fear. And they can do it, even knowing that their investigation will never produce evidence capable of convicting them. They don't need a conviction, they'll probably never even bring formal charges – the process is the punishment.

And that too.

You and morfeeis are both right.

If Theye "get" a conviction, well, bonus.

If not, well, those Mundanes are now ruined, so, Mission Accomplished.

When they wring the names out of (T)Reason, rest assured, SWAT raids will be inbound.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 02:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PCyJFxH.jpg

http://popehat.com/2015/06/08/department-of-justice-uses-grand-jury-subpoena-to-identify-anonymous-commenters-on-a-silk-road-post-at-reason-com/

Yup, bet this poor bastard won't be speaking out about government again any time soon.

I hope a defense fund gets set up, I'll be all over that.

specsaregood
06-10-2015, 02:36 PM
The point is to create a chilling effect, to limit free speech through fear.

exactly that. to bully and spread fear.

fisharmor
06-10-2015, 02:39 PM

The biggest problem isn't that there are people in government who are doing this.
The biggest problem is that most people still think this is new, that this isn't the exact purpose of government.

libertarianMoney
06-10-2015, 02:44 PM
“Its judges like these that should be taken out back and shot,” a commenter going by the name of Agammamon wrote.

SHOULD? Should is a threat?

“It's judges like these that will be taken out back and shot,” another corrected him.

Okay... That's closer but the indefinitive "like these" doesn't mean anything. If I say"Some politicians deserve a sandwich.(wink wink)" I'm not threatening anyone in particular (with a sandwich, of course). I could be referring to presidents or senators or other countries politicians (with delicious sandwiches.) I might as well be talking about Wiston Churchill. He loves sandwiches. (Citation needed) This is ridiculous.

If this guy is charged with anything then I think every comedian in the world is next. (Assuming they weren't full of crap and had some intention of consistency... but they are and they don't)

I hadn't seen the Hal Turner thing.

"These Judges deserve to be killed."

That's a threat? They better have a few more words in there because I'm confused. To state that a person deserves something is not a threat. It's an acceptance of helplessness as far as I can see it. It implies that they aren't going to get what they deserve. Otherwise, he wouldn't have wrote it!

I guess this is what to expect in a country where a kid can get arrested for harmless video game crap talking. God forbid you say something the slightest bit demeaning to anyone in power.

dannno
06-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Between this issue, the grazing Oregon ranchers and the California vaccine mandate I'm pretty pissed at the government today.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 02:48 PM
The biggest problem isn't that there are people in government who are doing this.
The biggest problem is that most people still think this is new, that this isn't the exact purpose of government.

"You must spread some reputation around yadda yadda yadda"

Yup, this.

For a long time, government has been wearing the Officer Friendly mask, while making sure its power was absolute.

Well, that mask is coming off.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Between this issue, the grazing Oregon ranchers and the California vaccine mandate I'm pretty pissed at the government today.

Reported

presence
06-10-2015, 02:49 PM

I'd say I go through phases but there's been too much up time lately.

Aspie Minarcho-Capitalist
06-10-2015, 03:10 PM
I don't like Reason Magazine (it's a beltway pseudo-libertarian interventionist statist "think tank" like CATO) but that is arbitrary despotism to the very core and utterly pathetic for the Department of "Justice" for not being able to acknowledge the unembellished criticism about a topic on their website. I would not want to be those anonymous commenters right now, this is just as deplorable as involuntary psychotropic medication.

specsaregood
06-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Well, that mask is coming off.

I wonder, can threats against federal officials be considered terrorist activity? Might these commenters end up in Guantanamo, or worse? Without trial? No lawyer? lose citizenship?

phill4paul
06-10-2015, 03:31 PM
I wonder, can threats against federal officials be considered terrorist activity? Might these commenters end up in Guantanamo, or worse? Without trial? No lawyer? lose citizenship?

I have no doubt about it. The government can and does interpret laws to suit itself all the time. These poor schmucks will have a list of charges a mile high and will, like all others, plead for a reduced set of charges.

tod evans
06-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Typical mission creep.

A set of statutes designed to prosecute kidnapping and extortion is being used to prosecute non compliant and griping mundanes from even the slightest little bit of mouthing off.

Well that's it then!

Time for talkin' is over.

tod evans
06-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I have no doubt about it. The government can and does interpret laws to suit itself all the time. These poor schmucks will have a list of charges a mile high and will, like all others, plead for a reduced set of charges.

90+% do.........:(

Natural Citizen
06-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Relevant reading - Florida Passes Law Requiring Contact Information on Websites (http://www.foley.com/florida-passes-law-requiring-contact-information-on-websites-05-22-2015/)

Companies that distribute third party music, videos, and other audiovisual materials should take action now to comply with the law, which becomes effective July 1, 2015. The company’s website should display the full, true, and correct name of the website owner (e.g., the full official name of the corporation), its physical address, and either its telephone number or e-mail address. This information should be displayed prominently (e.g., clearly noticeable on the home page, under “Contact Us,” “About Us,” etc., and not buried in the website Terms of Use or other detailed and lengthy terms and conditions.

Emphasis - mine

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 03:47 PM

I am sure that the law can be stretched to include exactly that.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Well that's it then!

Time for talkin' is over.

The time was up when they started throwing people in prison for writing books and giving speaking tours critical of the IRS.

tod evans
06-10-2015, 03:54 PM
The time was up when they started throwing people in prison for writing books and giving speaking tours critical of the IRS.

I've been too cowardly to do what needs done, as have all of us........

Root
06-10-2015, 04:00 PM
How soon before Bryan starts getting subpoenas? I hope he's hosting RPF overseas somewhere.

specsaregood
06-10-2015, 04:04 PM
//

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 04:10 PM

As have I brother, as have I...

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 04:10 PM
You can call it whatever you want; but I don't think they chose Reason commenters on accident --out of all the places on the internet that they could have cherry picked some such comment about that particular case. No, they chose it specifically because it is known as a libertarian magazine.

Yup, this.

This was not an accident.

phill4paul
06-10-2015, 04:13 PM

Fire and revolution are tricky things. Both need just the right amount of fuel, heat and oxygen to take shape. Take any of the three away and it goes away. Fuel can be seen as a government run amok. Heat can be seen as a group or individual's ready to fight in liberty's name. Oxygen would be the will of the people. While WE see that it is time there is still an integral missing element in the pyramid.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Fire and revolution are tricky things. Both need just the right amount of fuel, heat and oxygen to take shape. Take any of the three away and it goes away. Fuel can be seen as a government run amok. Heat can be seen as a group or individual's ready to fight in liberty's name. Oxygen would be the will of the people. While WE see that it is time there is still an integral missing element in the pyramid.

John Brown learned this the hard way.

tod evans
06-10-2015, 04:18 PM

Meanwhile wars are declared on citizens, government functionaries and their minions hide from the populace and the MSM tells everyone roses are blooming....

http://www.culchieworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/unicorn.png

ghengis86
06-10-2015, 04:19 PM
How soon before Bryan starts getting subpoenas? I hope he's hosting RPF overseas somewhere.

Who says he hasn't already?

phill4paul
06-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Meanwhile wars are declared on citizens, government functionaries and their minions hide from the populace and the MSM tells everyone roses are blooming....

True. And sad. And I ain't getting any younger. What happened at the Bundy Ranch has been the only breath of oxygen that I have seen. It was a perfect pyramid of government over reach, groups and individual action and the will of the people to set the government on it's ass and say "no." There needs to be much, much, more of this type of interference in the meanwhile.

Natural Citizen
06-10-2015, 04:37 PM
US law makes deleting browser history a crime punishable by 20yrs in jail (http://rt.com/usa/266389-browsing-history-obstruction-justice/)

Just in case you mundanes get any ideas. Obstruction of justus. http://spiritcompanion.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/party.gif

JK/SEA
06-10-2015, 05:02 PM
this shit could get 'problematic'...

fuck em.

Spikender
06-10-2015, 05:53 PM
this shit could get 'problematic'...

fuck em.

Damn took the words right out of my mouth.

Slave Mentality
06-10-2015, 06:50 PM
See you at Happy Camp.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 06:55 PM
True. And sad. And I ain't getting any younger. What happened at the Bundy Ranch has been the only breath of oxygen that I have seen. It was a perfect pyramid of government over reach, groups and individual action and the will of the people to set the government on it's ass and say "no." There needs to be much, much, more of this type of interference in the meanwhile.

https://media.giphy.com/media/b9aScKLxdv0Y0/giphy.gif

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 07:01 PM
See you at Happy Camp.

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1358/1262438142_8fb79aa689.jpg

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Sorry! The server was destroyed! How do you like it, mofos?

Anti Federalist
06-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Sorry! The server was destroyed! How do you like it, mofos?

Felony "destruction of evidence"

UWDude
06-10-2015, 11:44 PM

Most of you had no idea.
The time to act was years ago.
Without solidarity, you are a slave, and you will rot in prison alone, with a lot of angry people whining online about your fate.
You all need to learn from the "libruls" you hate so much.

Don't say or do anything stupid for God's sake.
I like most of you.
There is still the possibility of a mass protest movement, but I doubt it.
We all are going to hang alone.

UWDude
06-10-2015, 11:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PCyJFxH.jpg

Yup, bet this poor bastard won't be speaking out about government again any time soon.

I hope a defense fund gets set up, I'll be all over that.

I bet this guy didn't think he would be licking the boots of his oppressor, until the boot actually came near his face.
Look at him, he is already apologizing for his words. Give him a few years in prison, and he will see the folly of his thinking, and actually kind of love and respect his torturer.

See the future of humanity... ...forever.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2015, 12:26 AM
I bet this guy didn't think he would be licking the boots of his oppressor, until the boot actually came near his face.
Look at him, he is already apologizing for his words. Give him a few years in prison, and he will see the folly of his thinking, and actually kind of love and respect his torturer.

See the future of humanity... ...forever.

Sipping Victory Gin in the Chestnut Tree cafe.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-11-2015, 03:08 AM
Felony "destruction of evidence"Of course that's what they'll say, completely laying bare their hypocrisy and the two different sets of laws for the elites and the regular citizens.

JK/SEA
06-11-2015, 09:17 AM
''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''

Thomas Jefferson

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2015, 10:38 AM
''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''

Thomas Jefferson
Reported.

Peace&Freedom
06-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Reason, like many other sites with comment sections, should shift to third party services like Disqus, so that the comments are not on their server. This prevents the jackboots from linking overly inflammatory (or merely un-PC) comments to the site they have selected to persecute, er, I mean prosecute.

Dr.3D
06-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Felony "destruction of evidence"
So, Hillery didn't get in any trouble when she erased hers.

The Free Hornet
06-11-2015, 08:10 PM

Given the threatening behavior he has tolerated - even rewarded (but that much, IMHO), I'd guess sooner rather than later.

I question the value of posts that instigate or encourage violence. It is too similar to how the FBI catches 'would-be terrorists'. They just look for people sufficiently stupid or naive to swallow the bait:

tod evans
06-12-2015, 04:31 AM
Given the threatening behavior he has tolerated - even rewarded (but that much, IMHO), I'd guess sooner rather than later.

I question the value of posts that instigate or encourage violence. It is too similar to how the FBI catches 'would-be terrorists'. They just look for people sufficiently stupid or naive to swallow the bait:

I have no problem with my posts being misinterpreted.

I do however have a problem with parallels being drawn between my posts and and FBI trolls.

Portraying ideas and thoughts as "bait" is something one would do who is made uncomfortable by those ideas.

Is there a reason you would rather I didn't promote that people scream for transparency and accountability of governments employees?

The Free Hornet
06-12-2015, 04:00 PM
I have no problem with my posts being misinterpreted.

I do however have a problem with parallels being drawn between my posts and and FBI trolls.

Portraying ideas and thoughts as "bait" is something one would do who is made uncomfortable by those ideas.

Is there a reason you would rather I didn't promote that people scream for transparency and accountability of governments employees?

That is not the gist I get from your post in this thread or your posting history:

encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tod%20evans%20%22get%20a%20rope%22%20site%3Aronp aulforums.com (https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tod%20evans%20%22get%20a%20rope%22%20site%3Aronp aulforums.com)

Those who promote violence here make themselves, or those stupid enough to be inspired by them, easy pickings for TPTB.

This is not the place.

Like those wondering what Bryan does to protect them, they have already lost if they are relying on the "end point" to secure their thoughts. That has to start with the wetware and the transmission points in between. Anything an admin can do here is, somewhat, easily overseen or logged by the ISPs (on either end) and the spying agencies. It is likely a virtual hosting arrangement too which is to say a physical separation of the hardware and admins.

No, I don't have answers as to where, when, or how to transmit the pattern of threats tolerated here, elsewhere. There is something - generally - wrong with the whole process of threatening people even though it often seems the only way to convey one's thoughts. By analogy, let's say an overprotective father threatens the surly teenager dating his daughter. That threat - whether real or 'just a threat' - is intended to work by intimidating the surly teenager. I don't think the judges, cops, or TPTB are intimidated by threats. Likely, they already feel threatened and the act of being threatening is just the catalyst to knock out some easy pickings, keep the herd in line.

Besides, what is more worrisome, somebody who threatens you (without intimidation) or somebody who intimidates you (without threats)?

************************************************** *******************************

Added: So Tod, your post above is shown at 5:31 AM (per my screen) and this post was 5:59 AM:

Masks?

Robbers and cowards wear masks.

I'll give 10-1 odds that neither the customers nor the business owners know the names or addresses of the government functionaries who accosted them...

Even more important I'll bet that even if they try they're unable to find the home address's of the of the DA and judge who spearheaded this...

This is not accountability!

This is not transparency!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476658-Santa-Ana-officers-caught-on-camera-eating-edibles-joking-about-kicking-amputee-in-nub&p=5895510&viewfull=1#post5895510

I have little doubt you are working for TPTB. I do doubt that you get a paycheck for your efforts.

tod evans
06-12-2015, 05:35 PM
I have little doubt you are working for TPTB. I do doubt that you get a paycheck for your efforts.

Shove it up your ass punk.

tod evans
06-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Added: So Tod, your post above is shown at 5:31 AM (per my screen) and this post was 5:59 AM:

And here's a few instances over the last week where I raised both accountability and accessibility of governments functionaries;

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476486-Families-sue-US-govt-seek-official-apology-over-drone-killings-in-Yemen&p=5892838#post5892838

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476485-The-Danes-Are-Revolting-Tax-Administration-Set-On-Fire&p=5892820#post5892820

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476554-Obama-administration-lawyers-ask-FISA-court-to-ignore-appeals-court-rulings-and-Congress&p=5893648#post5893648

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476408-State-Dept-to-require-written-permission-before-posting-firearms-data&p=5892905#post5892905

I do think, no I firmly believe, that every government employee and subcontractor should be available to every citizen over whom they exercise authority, they should be available at home, at church and even in the grocery store.

It's total and utter bullshit that these goons are permitted to draw tax dollars to wage wars on the citizenry.

I specifically think it's of the utmost importance that DA's AUSA's and ALL government prosecutors of any stripe be accessible because it is solely at their hand that the atrocities we read about are committed by the cops.

If the public doesn't scream for transparency (names-n-addresses) and accountability (the family of the dead and maimed should be able to look the person responsible in the eye) then I believe it's only because the public doesn't understand that the system of jurisprudence we live under wasn't designed to isolate government lawyers from the populace.

What I post are ideas, ideas that men who aren't ashamed or scared shouldn't have a problem with.

The court system in this country is broken and it's not going to be fixed behind closed doors, it absolutely must be drug out into the light before it's inadequacies can even begin to be addressed.

This case, this thread, is about people posting comments about a judge...........Well that judge would never have been called into question if the AUSA was actually an instrument of the people.

Bryan has my name and credit card info, if he needs anything else I'll gladly provide it, can you say the same?

I'm not making threats or calling for insurrection I'm calling for government to get her collective ass behind the people where she belongs.

And you have either the audacity or the stupidity to accuse me of working for government........SPIT!

pcosmar
06-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Given the threatening behavior he has tolerated - :

Threatening behavior..

I have not seen it.. And I am careful of my words.. Government should fear the people,, But I make no threats.

And have warned others about operational security,, and not speaking of such online or on any transmitted medium.

Any and all planing or action should only face to face with trusted individuals and the absence of any recording equipment.

I don't make threats.

The Free Hornet
06-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Shove it up your ass punk.

Those are fighting words (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words) which is orthogonal (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=orthogonal&defid=4671224) to the topic but supportive of my premise.

And here's a few instances over the last week where I raised both accountability and accessibility of governments functionaries;

Instances in which you didn't threaten people are not the issue. OJ Simpson can point to plenty of woman he hasn't murdered.

Bryan has my name and credit card info, if he needs anything else I'll gladly provide it, can you say the same?

Since you asked so nicely ... I have donated to this website but won't throw good money after bad. Present admin are fraudsters. That said, I don't know what he knows or doesn't know. I can say that I would NOT gladly provide more information or credit card info. Not just because of who he has proven himself to be, but simply it doesn't benefit me (as a non-paid and non-public pundit of sorts). Far better would be to post through a proxy and donate with bitcoin or unlinked credit card ... to at least make it a challenge.

And you have either the audacity or the stupidity to accuse me of working for government........SPIT!

I believe your actions benefit the government. I do not believe you get a paycheck for your efforts. Working for free is the most likely analysis (as pertains to posts that cross the line or encourage others to cross the line).