PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann Named Anchor at CBS46 News

Suzanimal
06-08-2015, 01:33 PM
:cool:

Truth in Media Project announced today that Ben Swann will be joining CBS46 TV, Atlanta (WGCL) as an Anchor for its Early Evening and Late Newscasts. He will be starting on June 15th.

“Ben is an accomplished anchor who also has a lot of experience on the digital side. We look forward to putting him next to Sharon Reed and Tracye Hutchins on the news desk,” said CBS46 Vice President/General Manager Mark Pimentel.

Swann has spent the last two years building the Truth in Media project through benswann.com and now truthinmedia.com. Through the generous support of thousands of backers Swann created 16 episodes of the Truth in Media project, a video series that has garnered millions of views and has impacted the national discussion on issues like cannabis and ISIS.

On the television side, Swann was most recently an Anchor/Reporter at WXIX in Cincinnati. While there Swann became the producer/anchor of a viral segment titled “Reality Check.” Covering the 2012 Republican Presidential primary, Swann confronted problems in the American electoral process, the stranglehold of America’s two party system and the suppression of voters’ choices by mainstream media. During this time, Swann became the first journalist in the nation to take on President Barack Obama face to face regarding the Constitutionality of his “kill list” and is the only journalist to confront Mitt Romney about the railroading of duly elected delegates during the 2012 Republican National Convention.

Prior to that he was an Anchor/Reporter at KTSM in El Paso, TX. He got his start at KFOX in El Paso as an Anchor Reporter. While there he received three Edward R. Murrow Awards and two Emmy Awards.

“To be given an opportunity to be an Anchor in a city like Atlanta is a chance of a lifetime. I can’t wait to get there and get started,” said Swann. “The beauty of this agreement is that I will continue to oversee and contribute to the Truth in Media project, TruthinMedia.com and will be unveiling my own projects, as well as continuing to press hard and demand answers to tough questions in one of the largest television markets in the country.”

“His work speaks for itself. He’s very excited about getting started on-air and getting actively involved in the community,” said CBS46 News Director Larry Perret.

http://truthinmedia.com/announcement-ben-swann-named-anchor-at-cbs46-news/

William Tell
06-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Excellent! Glad to see Ben back in the MSM, he shines there.

luctor-et-emergo
06-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Congratulations to Ben for his new job.

donnay
06-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Excellent! :)

tod evans
06-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Good thing is he gets to keep doing "Truth"........

Maybe this gig will open more eyes.

TaftFan
06-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Are you kidding???

I get that channel.