PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Official: Obama was Misquoted About 'Strong Dollar' Criticism to G7 Crowd

AuH20
06-08-2015, 09:14 AM
I love it when this type of stuff gets leaked.........

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-strong-dollar-poses-problem-french-source-084447544.html;_ylt=AwrC1C6lhnVVjU0A.j_QtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTBzdWd2cWI5BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxMAR2dGlkAwRzZW MDc3I-

Elmau Castle (Germany) (AFP) - A US official on Monday disputed a French source's account that President Barack Obama had told his allies at a G7 summit the strong dollar posed a "problem".

"He made a point that he has made previously a number of times: that global demand is too weak and that G7 countries need to use all policy instruments, including fiscal policy as well as structural reforms and monetary policy, to promote growth."

Zippyjuan
06-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Strong dollar benefits economies of our trade partners but slows ours. It makes our exports more expensive and our imports cheaper which encourages fewer jobs in the US and more jobs overseas. Europe governments want their currency weaker relative to others to try to stimulate their own economies.

jclay2
06-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Strong dollar benefits economies of our trade partners but slows ours. It makes our exports more expensive and our imports cheaper which encourages fewer jobs in the US and more jobs overseas. Europe governments want their currency weaker relative to others to try to stimulate their own economies.

The real string pullers love your disinformation:

"Hurry...quick...we need to steal your purchasing power... I mean have more competitive exports to save the economy."

Admit the truth Zippy, governments want to 'save' us by stealing our wealth with a more 'competitive' currency.