PDA

View Full Version : Videos from the San Francisco Straw Poll cancellation

noumenon
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017454.html

Here are the videos. Spread them around and e-mail all the San Francisco news papers you can. Get the story out there! They will report it. It happened right after the Florida poll scandal with Mitt Romney, and they reported that. The locals will report, just feed them the info and the links.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION! :)

WilliamC
12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Greetings All,

It's made Drudgereport!

VIDEO: San Fran Republican Party cancels straw poll -- too many Ron Paul supporters show up!

William C Colley

steph3n
12-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Greetings All,

It's made Drudgereport!

VIDEO: San Fran Republican Party cancels straw poll -- too many Ron Paul supporters show up!

William C Colley

haha yep linked direct to youtube.

icon124
12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
what was there "reason" for stopping?

curtisag
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
The "reason" was they hate Ron Paul and love war.

icon124
12-05-2007, 11:02 AM
^no i mean, i'm pretty sure they didnt exavtly say that....they had to use some sort of cover up

Janet0116
12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
because some of the ron paul people didnt pay the "full" entry fee, although it was NOT a requirement because the "full" fee simply included the cost of dinner, and the majority of ron paul-ers arrived after the dinner was had,

Not to mention the fact that the ron paul-ers agreed to pay the full fee. that's the 'excuse' given, from what I can determine

Starks
12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow. Props to that old dude for thoroughly chewing out at the harlot at the podium.

seapilot
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
The second video on the bottom, did you notice all the seniors at that table, looked like 2 were asleep! That is the future of the GOP party if they continue doing things like this.

Cindy
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Does someone know exactly what happened there?

From the video , it looks like they held a straw poll. Dinner and vote tickets $33 and just vote tickets $5

It appears that when too many Paul supporters showed up just to vote in the straw poll, they changed the rules and said, only those with the dinner tickets could vote and the rest would get their $5 refunded.

Then the $5 ticket holders said they would pay the $33 to vote in the straw poll. The lady said she was not going to sell anymore $33 tickets.

Big uproar.

She said she would allow a RP supporter to give a speech about him. Looks like that never came to happen either.

Is this what went down?

It looks like an older gentlemen in a suit and tie, who was there for the dinner walked up to her and said, " You are a Disgrace. You are a Fraud. You made the Rules, you rolled the dice and now you are stone walling the vote.

BlueGecko
12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
That old Fred supporter is going to leave the darkside

Ha ha that old guy kicked some @$$ !!!

(very end of video)

jj111
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Does someone know exactly what happened there?

From the video , it looks like they held a straw poll. Dinner and vote tickets $33 and just vote tickets $5

It appears that when too many Paul supporters showed up just to vote in the straw poll, they changed the rules and said, only those with the dinner tickets could vote and the rest would get their $5 refunded.

Then the $5 ticket holders said they would pay the $33 to vote in the straw poll. The lady said she was not going to sell anymore $33 tickets.

Big uproar.

She said she would allow a RP supporter to give a speech about him. Looks like that never came to happen either.

Is this what went down?

It looks like an older gentlemen in a suit and tie, who was there for the dinner walked up to her and said, " You are a Disgrace. You are a Fraud. You made the Rules, you rolled the dice and now you are stone walling the vote.

Comments describing the event in detail are at
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=47535

dude58677
12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017454.html

Here are the videos. Spread them around and e-mail all the San Francisco news papers you can. Get the story out there! They will report it. It happened right after the Florida poll scandal with Mitt Romney, and they reported that. The locals will report, just feed them the info and the links.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION! :)

What a coward she is. Didn't even try.

Derek Johnson
12-05-2007, 11:52 AM
The old guy rocks

Pauliana
12-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm getting kind of nervous about this "us vs. them" dynamic with the Republican party tho. I know we're miffed, but we have to start figuring out how to start catching flies here. And its not with vinegar, ya know?

xerxesdarius
12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
That old Fred supporter is going to leave the darkside

Ha ha that old guy kicked some @$$ !!!

(very end of video)

Do we know for sure that he is a Fred supporter? If so, I applaud his integrity by standing up for a fair process even if it hurts his candidate. I used to think that basic human decency was more common than not, I guess I am naive.

jj111
12-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Do we know for sure that he is a Fred supporter? If so, I applaud his integrity by standing up for a fair process even if it hurts his candidate. I used to think that basic human decency was more common than not, I guess I am naive.

To clarify, the older gentleman who was verbally shaming the event organizer is in fact a Ron Paul supporter, and a long-time Republican.

jake
12-05-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm getting kind of nervous about this "us vs. them" dynamic with the Republican party tho. I know we're miffed, but we have to start figuring out how to start catching flies here. And its not with vinegar, ya know?

When stuff like this happens, I reckon the problems are not generally coming from the Ron Paul supporters. What a disgrace.

richard1984
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM

I hear ya.

I actually didn't watch the whole video (but now I wanna see the dude at the end) because it was a little chaotic--too much drama for me at the time ;).
I do fear that people watching the video who are not Ron Paul supporters and don't know the context (and all the people I know who visit drudgereport.com regularly are also customary FOX News watchers and people who "think" Ron Paul is "a kook" and "leading a cult") will get the impression--even "proof"--that Ron Paul supporters are "aggressive" and "hostile". . . maybe even extreme and potentially dangerous...and definitely "crazy." You know?
It's not that I think it'll have more negative than positive consequences, but I know that people like my dad who watch it (any Hannity/O'Reilly fan) will misunderstand the scenario and think that Ron Paul supporters are "crashing the [Republican] party."
The fact of the matter is, though, that WE are the future of the party.
The neo-con virus makes its hosts delusional. :rolleyes::mad:

Ron Paul Fan
12-05-2007, 01:20 PM
That old guy was so awesome. "You are a disgrace!" LOL! He was right and the others were right when they said, "this is why people leave the Republican Party." And this video will not have negative connotations at all! What are these people doing that's aggressive and hostile? NOTHING! They were just upset that they paid money for a straw poll and then they canceled the straw poll! Wouldn't you be upset?

allyinoh
12-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I hope people can watch the video and do a little research and find that it's not us vs them or not that we're a cult but that we are pissed off at how we are being treated and how unfairly Ron Paul is being treated.

This is the kind of activity that makes me hate people in general.

Cindy
12-05-2007, 01:37 PM

None of us feel comfortable pleased with or good about it.

We didn't start it either. What should anyone have done, when they lady said, " No one with a $5.00 ticket to vote in the straw poll can vote in the straw poll. I will refund your money though."

What should they have done?

Quietly accept the refund, say thank you and leave?

There was a Blatant move to create a false straw poll win by excluding Ron Paul Republicans, who already had tickets bought, from voting in the straw poll.

yes, it makes all of our stomaches sick to see and realize this.

Are we to say and to do nothing, just so RP supporters do not look like the bad guys?

Who is going to expose who the real bad guys are here?

Should this never be exposed?

Should that woman not have been confronted with the last minute change of rules, which were clearly to keep Ron Paul from winning their straw poll.

That thinking is what lead the country into the corrupt mess of lies and deception it is in today.

What are your suggestions for what the people there with tickets should have said, or done?

There must be some decent people within the GOP, who do not support Paul, yet must be disturbed by actions like this within their own party as well.

What would having been politically correct and respectful, looked like in this situation.

I want to know how one shows respect towards a blatent attempt to mislead the people.

fiddler1
12-05-2007, 01:38 PM

I am in the Wisconsin 1st congressional district. The republican party here on the local level has been friendly to the new RP supporters that are now attending the executive board meetings and other events.

At our Fall Fest in October, they allowed us a table to sell t-shirts and signs and pass out literature. They supplied power for us to set up a video monitor playing RP videos. No other Pres candidates had any presence there at all. They had a 50 cents a vote straw poll so you could vote as many times as you wanted to pay for. RP was the far ahead winner. No one was upset by this as far as I could tell.

I think its is the "machine" republicans on the state and national level that are our enemies. Its time to change the party from the bottom up. This can be done people! On a local level, people are in the party because they believe in conservative values. Not because they are power grubbing neocons. Attend those party functions as an ambassador. It is working for us here in SE Wisconsin.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I also have multiple eye witness accounts here

http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/forums/index.php?board=2.0

microsect
12-05-2007, 01:42 PM
CONTACT her and let her know she is a fraud!

San Francisco Republican Party
PO Box 475520,
San Francisco, CA 94147

Phone: (415) 989-1259
FAX: 415-989-1259
Email: contact@sfgop.org

bbachtung
12-05-2007, 01:45 PM
There is a reason that the city of San Francisco has produced such Republican greats as Willie Brown, Dianne Feinstein, and Nancy Pelosi; the Republican Party of San Francisco is such a well-run machine.

hvac ak47
12-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I hear ya.

I actually didn't watch the whole video (but now I wanna see the dude at the end) because it was a little chaotic--too much drama for me at the time ;).
I do fear that people watching the video who are not Ron Paul supporters and don't know the context (and all the people I know who visit drudgereport.com regularly are also customary FOX News watchers and people who "think" Ron Paul is "a kook" and "leading a cult") will get the impression--even "proof"--that Ron Paul supporters are "aggressive" and "hostile". . . maybe even extreme and potentially dangerous...and definitely "crazy." You know?
It's not that I think it'll have more negative than positive consequences, but I know that people like my dad who watch it (any Hannity/O'Reilly fan) will misunderstand the scenario and think that Ron Paul supporters are "crashing the [Republican] party."

Maybe the people who see the video will realize that Rons supporters are right that Ron is being treated unfair! They cant spin this any other way.

American
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Well this is a big focus group kinda on this forum and if you have any suggestions to help us reach our goal I am sure we would all love to hear it.

:)

freelance
12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
The old guy rocks

Isn't it interesting that no one is yelling and screaming about the old guy and how he should be CIVIL? Where is GOPUSA or USAGOP or whatever they call themselves on this one?

Isn't it amazing what you can get buy with when you "don't look like" a Ron Paul supporter? LOL!

wgadget
12-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I hear ya.

Then by all means, show them the narrative! Don't forget to show them the narrative!

JuniorNJ
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
today has been quite stressful (finals week at school)

but when I heard the older man go up to the lady and in her face say "you are a disgrace to the republican party! you are a disgrace!" i almost fell out of my chair. YAY!

Keep this momentum going guys, they are scared!

Cindy
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Isn't it interesting that no one is yelling and screaming about the old guy and how he should be CIVIL? Where is GOPUSA or USAGOP or whatever they call themselves on this one?

Isn't it amazing what you can get buy with when you "don't look like" a Ron Paul supporter? LOL!

It's pretty clear that for the next one, RP supporters need to show up in their Sunday best, with no signs. You'll look like the other candidates supporters and will not tip them off to hustle and change the rules last minute.

The Straw Poll will go off as ussual and Paul will Win!!!:D

NewEnd
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
awesome. dozens of old men in suits in ties demanding the straw poll be held. That is your typical Paul supporter.

SeanEdwards
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
This is the crap that has always made me not want to associate with the republican party, or any party really. It's all so nasty and corrupt, with scummy power junkies of low intellect and no morals running the show.

Maltheus
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I haven't seen the video yet, and I suspect it doesn't cover everything anyway, but does anybody know anyone who actually attended? Is it possible that this was another Adams County Colorado situation where the Ron Paul supporters disrupted the event and actually hurt us?

It sounds like they didn't want to sit through the dinner like the regular Republicans and then just came in for the voting. The rules may have technically permitted this, but we need to be less confrontational with the Republicans, if we're to have any hope of converting them. Being civil with the local Republicans will help the cause a lot more than being able to point to canceled straw polls ever will.

Omnis
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM

They're instigating it. People want to join and strengthen the party for its good qualities; they're not letting that happen and they alone are to blame.

tronPaul
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Here is a link to some photos I took with my cellphone camera!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=170718556&blogID=335084599

I also wrote about some of the sillier moments of the night. But I want to stress that the Ron Paul supporters were not disruptive until the event organizer called off the straw poll. Before that were only making it a little difficult for them to have their raffle because there were so many of us filling the room.

The people who were shouting the most were the Ron Paul supporters who paid for the dinner and sat through the hour of Fred Thompson support speeches.

MozoVote
12-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I approve this video. Fraud should be EXPOSED.