PDA

View Full Version : Please help NJ if that

crazyfacedjenkins
12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Please help NJ if that is possible... <edit>That's what I wanted the title to be but I hit ok by accident<\edit>

MY PLAN: To direct mail NJ republicans assuming that most of them are for cutting spending.

WHY: Most conscious NJ taxpayers know about bankruptcy because the state is bankrupt. The governor is talking about leasing the turnpike. We are facing another increase in sales tax because of it, just had one a year ago. This past Nov, we just shot down a referendum that advocated another 500 million in spending. I think it would be safe to say, if we push the issue, we'll hit enough people for it to work.

HOPE: Given the low turn out to republican primaries in NJ, it won't take many people to win so I figure it mail out to 500/district (40 districts) for now.

YOUR PART: If you know a little about bulk mailing and printing. Can we go through the logistics of mailing 20,000 people? What are the options? How much would that cost? I want to do this as cheap as possible.

I also must add that I will be doing this with very little help. My brother, cousin and girlfriend, that's it. The meetup is too proud to help, but I don't care I want RP to win.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I wish I would have titled this "NEED HELP WITH BLIMP!!!"

specsaregood
12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
If you would like to really help effectively, you should get involved in the NJ callbank program.

The results of the program will enable us to much more effectively target our future direct mails.

Where in NJ are you?

Mark Rushmore
12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
What county are you from? We are planning self-funded microtargeted direct mails up here in the Northeast, but if you get in touch via PM we can consider joining forces.

Mark Rushmore
12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
More interestingly, what exactly does the Meetup have against the idea?

crazyfacedjenkins
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Mark Rushmore that sounds great! Do you have a website with some of the details? The meetup didn't have all that much against it they just wanted to survey people before the sent stuff out. My problem with that is a logistical one, you can't survey enough people unless you have a small PAID group. For instance, I work. I can't call people at work. It's 7 PM by the time I get home, a little too late to go calling people and I'm a little tired from working and all that.

specsaregood I think the call bank is a GREAT idea, but you really should post the link hxxp://ronpaulnewjersey.com/callbank/. Some lurkers may be for it but don't know what the heck it's about. I think that could be done by college students on the weekend strapped for cash. All the other candidates do that, go to Rowan get some broke student to do it for beans.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I suppose this post is sort of what I'm looking to do http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25841.

I guess what I'll try doing is dump down enough money to hit ~500 people in my area (1st district) and if anyone wants to follow, that would be really cool.

Does anyone have an excel document or an electronic database of all the NJ republicans in the 1st district? Or better yet, the ones that have voted in the last couple primaries?

Mark Rushmore
12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I suppose this post is sort of what I'm looking to do http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25841.

I guess what I'll try doing is dump down enough money to hit ~500 people in my area (1st district) and if anyone wants to follow, that would be really cool.

Does anyone have an excel document or an electronic database of all the NJ republicans in the 1st district? Or better yet, the ones that have voted in the last couple primaries?

I'll be finding out tomorrow night if we have database access to all of NJ or just our region - if it's all of NJ we can export you the info to-spec. There is no website up as of yet since we never intended to make the project public - as it is self-funded we figured just get the damn thing done without any blimp madness or the crazy editing that went on with the USA Today ad. But if we end up having valuable data for other groups, I'll throw together a basic site for people to request parameters for data re: their region (that's assuming we have the information at all). You can try and contact Michael Pannone off the Jersey list - he has the basic Repub. name/address type data available by town.

specsaregood
12-05-2007, 12:17 PM
We have all of NJ Republicans in the database. I can get you whatever you need, Michael is a bit busy with the petitions stuff still.

Send me a PM with your email address and name and which meetup you are a part of. I will just need to check with your meetup organizer that you are a Ron Paul supporter.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-05-2007, 12:41 PM
THANKS specsaregood! I'll PM you that information now. Mark Rushmore or others if you have more information or any important NJ voter list. Please feel free to respond or PM me.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Well I haven't received the NJ republican list yet, but I'd like to make a correction to my numbers. There are 15 congressional districts, I was confusing congressional districts with legislative districts (there are 40 of these). So my new numbers would be 500/district (15 districts) totaling 7500 people. That being the number of people I'd like to bulk mail.