PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul playing cards?

bbwarfield
06-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Remember the Iraq war playing cards? What if we use this same idea to make it easy to share where Rand stands on issues. 52 ways of taking our country back! Each suit would be an area of public policy. A nice graphic and quick explanation. Would be a nice handout at campaign stops, and if he got elected kind of a checklist for those of us who were there since the beginning.

timosman
06-04-2015, 06:14 PM
In the meantime the smartphone has been invented. :)

bbwarfield
06-04-2015, 06:27 PM
I get that, I just thought it was a nice physical piece of campaign literature that was more than a flyer and more like campaign memorabilia. when you go to the "Rand Paul Presidential Library" it would be a nice little display case item, in between the hundreds of TV screens showing the online advertising. People for the most part still like physical literature, and the cards are just a more interesting version.

William Tell
06-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Awesome idea!:)

specsaregood
06-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I like the idea; its interesting. spec it out some more, throw out some ideas. 52 is a lot of content.

timosman
06-04-2015, 07:04 PM
You guys should wake up :D

bbwarfield
06-04-2015, 07:07 PM
18 issues on his web page, mostly very broad categories. I guess organizing them in the four suites: Domestic Policy, Foreign Policy, Economic Policy, no-need-for-a-policy policy.... it would take some thinking.

bbwarfield
06-04-2015, 07:09 PM
You guys should wake up :D
That we carry smartphones everywhere that have all the policy? Alot of these places in primaries only care about retail politicking. Yes, a good app goes a long way, but New Hampshire wants the physical swag.

William Tell
06-04-2015, 07:09 PM
18 issues on his web page, mostly very broad categories. I guess organizing them in the four suites: Domestic Policy, Foreign Policy, Economic Policy, no-need-for-a-policy policy.... it would take some thinking.

I think a lot of us would buy them.

Foreigner
06-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Knight - Jesse Benton
Queen - Kelley Paul
King - Rand Paul
Ace - Matt Collins

No disrespect to anyone, just joking around :)

William Tell
06-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Ace - Ron Paul

Knight Knave - Jesse Benton
Queen - Kelley Paul
King - Rand Paul
Ace Deuce - Matt Collins

No disrespect to anyone, just joking around :)

timosman
06-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Send the cards to the White House - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aide-obama-played-cards-to-pass-time-during-bin-laden-raid/

bbwarfield
06-04-2015, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=Foreigner;5889603]Knight - Jesse Benton

QUOTE]

Jesse Benton, the main reason Ron was not in South Carolina for 3 days after a strong showing in NH....grrrrrrr (that's what we were told anyway.... but he certainly seemed to be working for McConnell by the time the NH primary was rapping up)

timosman
06-04-2015, 07:48 PM
I get that, I just thought it was a nice physical piece of campaign literature that was more than a flyer and more like campaign memorabilia. when you go to the "Rand Paul Presidential Library" it would be a nice little display case item, in between the hundreds of TV screens showing the online advertising. People for the most part still like physical literature, and the cards are just a more interesting version.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/62232038.jpg

jaymur
06-04-2015, 09:48 PM
I don't think anybody like RayBan has a patent on playing cards.

Remember the Iraq war playing cards? What if we use this same idea to make it easy to share where Rand stands on issues. 52 ways of taking our country back! Each suit would be an area of public policy. A nice graphic and quick explanation. Would be a nice handout at campaign stops, and if he got elected kind of a checklist for those of us who were there since the beginning.

tangent4ronpaul
06-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Give each of the opposition candidates their own card and highlights of what's wrong with them.

love the idea!
expensive though...

-t

ps: Jessie Benton = ace of spades

timosman
06-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Jessie Benton = ace of spades

lol

Foreigner
06-05-2015, 03:05 AM
The OP's idea is genious. The cards should be normal playing cards, with each containing a quote or a small policy fun fact. There's not much space on each card, and it needs to look classy and be easy to play with. Facts should be uncontroversial, and pretty standard conservative message to maximise the number of people who will like the message.

Now, who plays with cards the most? The elderly.

Send them out to elderly people in Iowa that participated in previous caucuses. Sure, some will throw them away immediatly, but the others will gradually like Rand more and more as they play. Having fun AND learning about Rand at the same time! Should do wonders for him in reaching those voters.

If one makes a huge order, I think one can get each deck of cards really cheap. It makes sense to send something that is more valuable than the shipping costs itself when you are going to send something in the first place. If the campaign doesn't do it, some supporters can set up production. Sell single decks with high profit, and sell bulk orders cheaply. Use the profits to send targeted decks to likely, elderly Iowa-voters.

CableNewsJunkie
06-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Great idea.

Who gets the honor/dishonor of being placed on the Joker cards?

Do we opt for protagonists in the movement or our political adversaries?

Protagonists:
- ?
- ?

Adversaries
- Keynesian Economists
- Neo-Cons

Foreigner
06-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Great idea.

Who gets the honor/dishonor of being placed on the Joker cards?

Do we opt for protagonists in the movement or our political adversaries?

Protagonists:
- ?
- ?

Adversaries
- Keynesian Economists
- Neo-Cons

That's the card game YOU want, not the one that will be effective with primary voters in Iowa. Just a normal deck with a nice picture of Rand on the backside, and short quotes and policy statements on the front together with the things that normally appears on a standard 52-card deck.

There are probably other unexplored products that could be effective as well.

bbwarfield
06-05-2015, 10:09 AM
There are probably other unexplored products that could be effective as well.

Beer cuzies (sp?) golf balls, frisbees, mint tins. Things spend a lot of time with and are not brand loyal too. Keychains, they are not cheap but political campaigns use them because they attach the person to the candidate and people see it on such a personal item. I think it's harder to get someone to use a keychain than a beer couzie at a sporting event, they may not use it ever again, but for that event they are a "Rand man" or whatever. Keychains get thrown in drawers and never get seen again for the most part but are really effective when used

bbwarfield
06-05-2015, 10:32 AM
if at minimum we could get beer cuzies into Iowa and New Hampshire for 4th of July.... You've got a lot of perceived momentum without real support. (Place I work use to give them out and pretty much everyone wants one by the end of an event even though it's going to be thrown out at the event... But it's everywhere during that event which is what counts)

ZakCarter
06-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Sounds like something the team @ http://www.foreverfree.com would be into running with! bbwarfield, I'd just give them a call @ 941-896-7770 ...and feel free to tell them I sent you! :)

XNavyNuke
06-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Back of the card should be an image of the Declaration of Independence.

XNN

Unknown.User
06-05-2015, 10:25 PM

RichardAlpert
06-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Please, no Jesse Benton; I realize he's part of the Paul family now, but the campaign needs as much distance from that fuck as possible

Bastiat's The Law
06-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Jesse Benton should be a joker card.

bbwarfield
06-06-2015, 10:04 PM
I was thinking symbols of liberty for the face cards. Different stylized statues of liberty for the queen with quotes, jacks could be Phrygian caps, Kings could be the symbols of our nation. Liberty bell, flag, constitution. If we got a separate deck with ace cards being state specific. Every state has some kind of symbol that is what they view as there symbol of independence. New Hampshire has like a tree?i think. We would really just need Iowa and New Hampshire... After that you can just see if it was successful.