PDA

View Full Version : Robert Duvall might vote for Rand Paul

dude58677
06-03-2015, 07:50 PM
http://www.infowars.com/actor-robert-duvall-says-he-may-vote-for-rand-paul/

eleganz
06-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Not even close to an endorsement, we shouldn't make claims like this, kills our own credibility.

“What are you gonna do with the big election coming up?” Stern asked Duvall, changing subjects from Caitlyn Jenner to politics. “Are you going to vote for Hillary Clinton?”

“Probably not,” the Oscar-award winning Duvall responded, adding “I like… probably Libertarian.”

“Who do you like? Uh, uh… Rand Paul?” probed Stern.

“Maybe, but somebody else maybe,” Duvall said. “Probably libertarian, somebody that’s not even up.”

After Stern admitted he would probably be voting for Hillary Clinton, Duvall got up out of his chair and pretended to leave.

“Nah I’ll probably vote Libertarian… I’ll look around. I can’t go that way.”

The 82-year-old actor’s comments indicate he’s shifted political ideologies since endorsing Mitt Romney for president in 2012.

dude58677
06-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Not even close to an endorsement, we shouldn't make claims like this, kills our own credibility.

Do you think he will endorse?

georgiaboy
06-03-2015, 08:40 PM
"The Judge" starring him and RDJ was a great sleeper film from last year.

I love the smell of a "maybe" Duvall endorsement in the morning.

CPUd
06-03-2015, 08:44 PM
I think he is talking about Gary Johnson.

William Tell
06-03-2015, 08:44 PM

True, but its cool that he's leaning libertarianish. He's the sort of guy Rand could pick up if he wins the nomination.

William Tell
06-03-2015, 08:45 PM
I always liked Duvall btw.

surf
06-03-2015, 08:51 PM
I think he is talking about Gary Johnson.agreed. i'm guessing he's like many of us here, he'll vote for Rand if he's on the ballot and the libertarian candidate (Johnson, not a Barr) if he's not. or he'll write in Ron Paul like I did 2008.

dude58677
06-03-2015, 08:55 PM
I always liked Duvall btw.

He was awesome in "Days of Thunder".

donnay
06-03-2015, 09:03 PM
He was great in the GodFather.

The Free Hornet
06-03-2015, 10:50 PM
The 82-year-old actor’s comments indicate he’s shifted political ideologies since endorsing Mitt Romney for president in 2012.

Pragmatism is an ideology as is populism, however, I suspect there has been no change in his ideology or political philosophy. This is just the typical fucked-up non-ideological approach of your average voter. But he's famous so ... NEWS! Fuck him. BTW, above posters incorrect, where he was actually great was Falling Down (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_48)

Schifference
06-04-2015, 12:34 AM
I thought Joe Kidd and the Apostle were pretty good.

anaconda
06-04-2015, 04:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26hmRbDQFw

phill4paul
06-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Duvall has been in so many great movies. The first time I remember him in a role was as Maj. Frank Burns in 'MASH.' Then came 'THX 1138.' He was excellent in 'The Great Santini.' He's known in the industry, as told to me by a friend that works in it, as a complete gentlemen to everyone on set. One that believes he, and everyone else, is just doing a job. He truly is one of the great actor of our time.

However, like many in Hollywood he has his own beliefs and they may or may not equal yours...

Narrated a video supporting John McCain for the Republican National Convention in 2008.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000380/bio

Notable quote:

They should keep their mouths shut. - on Hollywood political activists.

One guy asked me, 'How can you be an actor and be a Republican?'. I can vote either way. But how can you boil it down to political affiliation? All the atrocities against blacks in the South were committed by Democratic sheriffs.

About a year ago I first saw this wonderful woman speak. I didn't know who it was. And I said who is this woman? And a year later, I said to myself about three or four weeks ago, why isn't she up for the vice presidency? - On Governor Sarah Palin.

The way Hollywood speaks out is absolutely beyond me. Some people are so ill-informed. I mean, why be so outspoken about it anyway? Does it help Sean Penn's career to go over to Iraq? Did it help Jane Fonda to go over to Vietnam years ago? I don't know. But sometimes when these guys speak out ... I get embarrassed.