PDA

View Full Version : Trucking industry braces for new EPA rules for big rigs

tod evans
06-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Read this as an across the board price hike on consumer goods........

Trucking industry braces for new EPA rules for big rigs

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/02/trucking-industry-braces-for-new-epa-rules-for-big-rigs/?intcmp=latestnews

President Obama is expected to soon add emission rules for big-rig trucks to a growing list of regulations to combat the threat of climate change.

The president directed the Environmental Protection Agency to develop new rules for heavy-duty trucks to make them more fuel efficient, while lowering their carbon dioxide emissions to lessen the effects of global warming.

Trucking manufacturers will be looking to see if they are able to meet the standards without driving smaller trucking fleets out of business, according to industry representatives.

The rules will not only regulate the truck and the engine, but are also expected to add new efficiency and emission regulations for trailers that large tractor-trailer trucks haul. One official says it will be a "big rule" that comprises so many components of large trucks that it could easily be broken down into several separate regulations.

asurfaholic
06-02-2015, 04:36 PM
This sort of stuff affects everyone no matter what your profession is or isn't.

Everything people consume is transported at least a couple times on big rigs, it makes up a sizable portion of the price you pay in a product. Jam this in there and the price of EVERYTHING goes up.

phill4paul
06-02-2015, 04:43 PM
When does this vote take place in the House?

otherone
06-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Trucking manufacturers will be looking to see if they are able to meet the standards without driving smaller trucking fleets out of business, according to industry representatives.

Wah wah wah wahhhhhhhh. (http://www.hark.com/clips/zgcjjfqsmb-sad-trombone)

Southron
06-02-2015, 04:59 PM
The goal is to drive small companies out of business, I believe. I work for one of these small trucking companies that will be hit hard.

Slave Mentality
06-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Fascism, ain't it grand?

donnay
06-02-2015, 05:34 PM
The goal is to drive small companies out of business, I believe. I work for one of these small trucking companies that will be hit hard.

Indeed. Lot's of people will be out of work--which is where the agenda is going.