PDA

View Full Version : Texas Governor Signs Bill Legalizing Cannabis Oil for Epilepsy Sufferers

BarryDonegan
06-02-2015, 01:09 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/texas-governor-signs-bill-legalizing-cannabis-oil-for-epilepsy-sufferers/

On Monday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a bill into law legalizing the medicinal use of low-THC cannabis oil for patients suffering from intractable epileptic seizures.

dannno
06-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Behind Utah.... but ahead of many other states.

Carlybee
06-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Unfortunately he announced Marijuana will never be legalized in Texas while he is governor for sale or recreational use.

tod evans
06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Good news for those suffering from epilepsy.....

Mach
06-02-2015, 02:09 PM
If it's anything like the one in Missouri it is hardly anything, they have to go through all kinds of Pharma hoops and treatment that Doctors have to sign off on saying none of them are working before they are ever, oil approved.

Only a very small percentage of the very worst cases will ever get to be relieved.

heavenlyboy34
06-02-2015, 02:11 PM
If anyone can offer info on how cannabis fixes epilepsy in particular, I'd appreciate it. Thnx.

pcosmar
06-02-2015, 03:05 PM
If anyone can offer info on how cannabis fixes epilepsy in particular, I'd appreciate it. Thnx.

I'm not sure how it helps with many things,,

But I know that it does help with a great many things.. Have seen the results.

I could give a damn about how or why.

Keith and stuff
06-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately he announced Marijuana will never be legalized in Texas while he is governor for sale or recreational use.

My guess is for medical use, either. You can always buy hemp oil online from Canada, like I do. (Shh, don't tell the feds that I take nutritional supplements.) Or you can open a company in CO that makes this oil (so that there is an actual supply for you), and send it to a child in TX, hoping that the feds don't arrest you for interstate commerce of an illegal drug.

dannno
06-02-2015, 03:29 PM

It works so well the Governor of Utah legalized it via executive order so that children in the state could use it without prosecuting their parents. Children who have hundreds of seizures or more per year even on big pharma drugs have been known to get that number down to less than a handful a year with cannabis.

Cannabinoids are our body's communication mechanism for regulating many of our body's processes from hormones to inflammation and pain. That is why it is an effective treatment for literally hundreds of conditions including curing cancer.

jonhowe
06-02-2015, 05:22 PM

The first large scale clinical tests are going on now. The evidence is mostly from a strong pool of anecdotes and numerous small scale studies, such as the one described here:

http://www.webmd.com/epilepsy/news/20150413/liquid-medical-marijuana-shows-promise-against-severe-epilepsy