PDA

View Full Version : New Rand Paul ad to air on tv

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 08:23 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/01/exclusive-rand-paul-releases-campaign-ad-bashing-nsa-after-his-big-win/

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93%
, a 2016 GOP presidential candidate who just single-handedly took down the National Security Agency (NSA) bulk data collection program by blocking reauthorization of the Patriot Act, is out with a new campaign ad on Monday evening detailing what he did and how.

The new campaign ad, Paul’s team told Breitbart News, will air on select cable television networks for at least several days starting tomorrow. His campaign wouldn’t say how big the buy is at this point, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a509uEaedkU

FSP-Rebel
06-01-2015, 08:28 PM
It's pretty good, shows some decent looking people towards the end which polishes it up a bit.

Sola_Fide
06-01-2015, 08:34 PM
It's ok. I really loved Ron's commercials from 2012.

mit26chell
06-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Looks good!

I heard some crap on NPR this morning saying he may have violated senate rules by including senate footage in a fundraising video? Did anyone else hear this?

JJ2
06-01-2015, 08:39 PM
His voice sounds so much like Ron's at the end. :eek:

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Looks good!

I heard some crap on NPR this morning saying he may have violated senate rules by including senate footage in a fundraising video? Did anyone else hear this?

I'm trying to find the article and ad, so I will edit this post if I find it, but it wasn't this ad it was referring to in regards to the violation

Edit: here you go if you want to read about it http://blogs.rollcall.com/hill-blotter/paul-campaign-video-appears-to-violate-senate-rules/?dcz=

Senate rules state, “The use of any tape duplication of radio or television coverage of the proceedings of the Senate for political campaign purposes is strictly prohibited.” But a video posted by the Kentucky Republican’s campaign Friday appears to violate that rule.

There is a grey area however if it includes tape from a news station which happens to show footage from the floor, so if for example the footage used a cut from Foxnews inwhich showed Rand on the floor, it is a grey area that can be used to get around it. There was no clear indication from the particular ad in question that it was from a news source

Carlybee
06-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Looks good!

Yes, I read about it. Apparently he agreed to remove it.

William Tell
06-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Cool!

phill4paul
06-01-2015, 08:47 PM
These "Doom Voice" overs are getting borrrring. Positive, positive, positive. That's the message that needs to be sent. I guess this is the crap that Teh Collinz was alluding to. Wrong tact to take.

tod evans
06-01-2015, 08:49 PM
This one doesn't suck.

sam1952
06-01-2015, 08:55 PM
No, this one doesn't suck. But I agree with phill4paul here about the "doom voice". I'd like to see some positive messages also.

phill4paul
06-01-2015, 08:57 PM
This one doesn't suck.

Nor does it inspire. It's just...meh. The message should have been "Together" we defeated the Washington machine.

"To those that stood with me to defeat the Washington machine, you have my thanks. To those that will stand with me in the future, you have my promise...a Constitutional Republic. If WE can keep it."

tod evans
06-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Nor does it inspire. It's just...meh. The message should have been "Together" we defeated the Washington machine.

"To those that stood with me to defeat the Washington machine, you have my thanks. To those that will stand with me in the future, you have my promise...a Constitutional Republic. If WE can keep it."

After the last one I'm happy with an "It don't suck" add.........:o

I agree that positive would be much better though....

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I agree with most everyone else. Not amazing but not bad either, I'll take it but could have been better.

I hope at the very least it will confuse/neutralize some of the regular fox news viewers.

"Fox news says Rand is bad but... this ad says he took on Obama!" That will at least keep them busy for a little while until they have to yell at some kids to get off their lawn and then go take a nap

IndianaPolitico
06-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Nice. Moves along, but is slow enough for the older Fox news viewer to follow the ad.

Crashland
06-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Where is this being aired?

William Tell
06-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Where is this being aired?

Sounds like national TV, FOX etc judging by the article. Could be wrong.

EBounding
06-01-2015, 09:29 PM
These "Doom Voice" overs are getting borrrring. Positive, positive, positive. That's the message that needs to be sent. I guess this is the crap that Teh Collinz was alluding to. Wrong tact to take.

Yes. It could explain why his favorability ratings have gone down.

mit26chell
06-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm trying to find the article and ad, so I will edit this post if I find it, but it wasn't this ad it was referring to in regards to the violation

Edit: here you go if you want to read about it http://blogs.rollcall.com/hill-blotter/paul-campaign-video-appears-to-violate-senate-rules/?dcz=

There is a grey area however if it includes tape from a news station which happens to show footage from the floor, so if for example the footage used a cut from Foxnews inwhich showed Rand on the floor, it is a grey area that can be used to get around it. There was no clear indication from the particular ad in question that it was from a news source

Thanks!

Brett85
06-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Is this just being aired in Iowa and New Hampshire? I can't see what the point would be of airing a national ad.

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Is this just being aired in Iowa and New Hampshire? I can't see what the point would be of airing a national ad.

I'd imagine that would be the case. I don't think they would do a national ad at all before the general as it would likely be a tremendous waste of $$

anaconda
06-01-2015, 11:46 PM
This one was considered good on 2010, if memory serves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APq-a7m2lYE

anaconda
06-01-2015, 11:49 PM
I agree with most everyone else. Not amazing but not bad either, I'll take it but could have been better.

The from-behind shot of the three NSA guys in front of their monitors looks really low budget.

anaconda
06-01-2015, 11:50 PM

The from-behind shot of the three NSA guys in front of their monitors looks really low budget.

francisco
06-01-2015, 11:52 PM
He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya :p

timosman
06-02-2015, 01:00 AM
He sounds like his dad when saying the final "I approve"

economics102
06-02-2015, 02:12 AM
This ad is not bad but it's pretty weak. If ever there were an opportunity to make a badass ad, this should have been it...

It's because he used direct footage from CSPAN, which you're not allowed to do. In this ad, he's showing FOX News playing the CSPAN footage, which is apparently a "grey area" rather than being outright against the rules.

Jeremy
06-02-2015, 05:39 AM
I thought it's not allowed to show the senate floor in campaign ads?