PDA

View Full Version : Fox is America’s most trusted news channel

RonPaul4Prez2012
06-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Hey anything is better than BSNBC

Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief on June 1, 2015
You can’t help but think (hope?) there’s a tide turning in this country. Once again, Fox News comes out on top as American’s most trusted news channel.

As Statista reports, “According to a poll conducted by Quinnipiac University, Fox News is the most trusted network and cable news channel in the United States. 29 percent of American respondents said they trust Fox News the most, compared to just 22 percent for CNN. The results of the survey should come as little surprise, given Fox News’ immense popularity and massive ratings. For many Americans, it’s their primary mainstream news source. In 2014, it was ranked second behind ESPN in total viewers among all ad-supprted basic cable networks in addition to having the top five programs in cable news.”

https://d28wbuch0jlv7v.cloudfront.net/images/infografik/normal/chartoftheday_3511_americas_most_trusted_news_chan nels_n.jpg

And oh, how the mighty have fallen. Look where the three mainstream networks rank — scraping the bottom with MSNBC.

But is it any surprise? After the revelations about Brian Williams and George Stephanopoulos — not to mention Dan Rather’s fall from grace those years ago — it’s really hard to give the networks any credibility whatsoever.

And a network that gives Al Sharpton his own show can’t be viewed as anything but a comedy channel.

Well done, Fox!

http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/fox-is-americas-most-trusted-news-channel/

wizardwatson
06-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Americans are hateful, violent, and egotistical.

Fox news panders to all three of these characteristics more than the others.

So makes sense.

Ronin Truth
06-01-2015, 10:43 AM
That 'most trusted' hurdle must be set REALLY, REALLY low.

wizardwatson
06-01-2015, 10:45 AM

Who do people trust the most? Themselves. Therefore the propaganda that most accurate reflects yourself, you trust. So the propaganda that Fox News disseminates most accurately reflects the personality of Americans.

donnay
06-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Pfffffft. MSM is a dinosaur. Fox news is sly as a fox, and most people who believe they are fair and balanced are being deceived.

Ronin Truth
06-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Who do people trust the most? Themselves. Therefore the propaganda that most accurate reflects yourself, you trust. So the propaganda that Fox News disseminates most accurately reflects the personality of Americans.

I'm coming around to much preferring the BBC and Russia Today for news. There's a really sad commentary.

acptulsa
06-01-2015, 10:51 AM
None of them are trustworthy. The main thing this poll shows is which one does the best job of pandering to suckers.

Mr.NoSmile
06-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Yes, a lot of people do trust Fox. They're idiots.

Created4
06-01-2015, 11:17 AM
People are obviously not reading this poll correctly. Fox is the only obviously slanted GOP news source, while all the other ones are solidly Democratic slanted, and Fox gets only 29%? I would not brag about that. 71% do not trust Fox.....

Created4
06-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Rather than a poll like this, does anyone have access to ratings data? Are Fox's ratings going up, or down, in the past couple of years?

luctor-et-emergo
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Rather than a poll like this, does anyone have access to ratings data? Are Fox's ratings going up, or down, in the past couple of years?

For as far as I know all TV news ratings are down over the last decade. People get their news elsewhere. People watch TV on demand.

Zippyjuan
06-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Fox is still the most watched news according to ratings. Naturally people will say the one they watch is the one they trust. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/fox-news-cable-news-ratings_n_6398220.html

Ender
06-01-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm coming around to much preferring the BBC and Russia Today for news. There's a really sad commentary.

Yep- I'll trust RT anyway over Fox.

Carlybee
06-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Most trusted to be run by assclowns. Okay maybe MSNBC has a slight edge there.

William Tell
06-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Fox is the one portrayed as being conservative, liberal trust is scattered amongst the other channels.

Created4
06-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Fox is the one portrayed as being conservative, liberal trust is scattered amongst the other channels.

Yes, that is the point I was trying to make. So Fox really should be closer to 50%. 29% is a dismal failure, I would think.

Created4
06-01-2015, 01:46 PM
For as far as I know all TV news ratings are down over the last decade. People get their news elsewhere. People watch TV on demand.

Yep. It is a dying breed. I just went to Google News for the latest, and Bruce Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair is now the top story of the day. I seriously doubt that reflects the interests of the majority of the American public. As long as the Internet remains truly uncensored, the younger generations should be able to thrust the dagger through the existing MSM. But it might take a while, until the Baby Boomers are no longer such a large part of the public.

Ronin Truth
06-01-2015, 01:52 PM
In the three way tie for last place, I actually find Faux to be least nauseating.

mrsat_98
06-01-2015, 02:12 PM

Yep- I'll trust RT anyway over Fox.

I trust Infowars more than I do Faux news and iinfowars rates controlled opposition.

georgiaboy
06-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Adds up to 86%.

So 14% Don't Watch/Other/Undecided, for a solid 3rd place. That's hopeful.

Ronin Truth
06-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Yep. It is a dying breed. I just went to Google News for the latest, and Bruce Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair is now the top story of the day. I seriously doubt that reflects the interests of the majority of the American public. As long as the Internet remains truly uncensored, the younger generations should be able to thrust the dagger through the existing MSM. But it might take a while, until the Baby Boomers are no longer such a large part of the public.

It ain't any of the Boomers I know (or am), by a country light year.

Who reads People and who watches Entertainment Tonight, for those who can't read People?