PDA

View Full Version : celebrity endorsements

Neuromanc3r
12-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Who would be a "best match" in terms of reflecting Dr. Paul's dedication to the Constitution/Republic and his forthright honesty?

www.yahoo.com
Chuck Norris is a Powerful Man - Do Celeb Endorsements Help Candidate Buzz?
By Erik Gunther
Tue, December 04, 2007, 11:49 am PST

Chuck Norris is a certified Web sensation. Widely circulated facts about his accomplishments, strength, and energy have elevated him to a level of popularity seldom seen by actors pushing 70. But can Norris's fabled powers impact the leader of the free world?

The actor who kicked copious butt on "Walker, Texas Ranger" is now attempting to bench press a presidential candidate from obscurity to front-runner with his endorsement of Mike Huckabee. Searches on Norris are up 10% over the past week, but more importantly, lookups on "mike huckabee chuck norris" are up a whopping 457%.

As for Huckabee, the GOP candidate has seen his searches double over the past week. Is it the Norris effect? We looked at searches on two prominent endorsements on the Democratic side to see how celeb buzz is affecting candidates.

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Who would be a "best match" in terms of reflecting Dr. Paul's dedication to the Constitution/Republic and his forthright honesty?

Hmm, there is a guy stumping for "Unity 08" who is extremely EXTREMELY passionate about ending 'politics as usual' and the 'lesser of two evils' which would be a good match. Can't remember his name off the top of my head, but he played DA McCoy in Law and Order. I recently saw a YouTube with him intro-ing the Unity 08 movement (most likely to seek a Paul/Gravel ticket by the way) and I have honestly *never* seen in a "celebrity" such an impassioned appeal stating that we MUST change Washington, and that we MUST change it right the heck NOW.

Wait....I have the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnLSurG69Q

Sam Waterston.

Watch it for yourself and SEE his passion. Tell me if you think he would make an awesome celebrity endorsement for Dr Paul?

He is stumping for his own thing right now (Unity08) but from the sound of his passion he may well be willing to endorse Paul.

user
12-17-2007, 02:05 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317029,00.html

Interesting article. Sam Waterston says he voted for Barry Goldwater.

angrydragon
12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Send Sam Waterson a note on Ron Paul. The Barry Goldwater endorsement video would do nicely.

Alex Libman
12-17-2007, 02:17 AM
My man Straczynski (creator of 1990s sci-fi TV show Babylon 5) donated $2000 so far! Other semi-libertarian celebrities that may jump on board: Penn & Teller, Oliver Stone, and like half the guys at Comedy Central.

But we don't need Hollywood celebrities, what we need are mainstream politicians, both current and former! Write your congress-critters and senate-critters and state legislators and governors and mayors!

The big endorsements I'm waiting for are Jesse Ventura and Ross Perot. Although most people here will strongly disagree with him, Ralph Nader would give us a nice boost too.

GunnyFreedom
12-17-2007, 02:41 AM
I'd love to see Sam Waterston endorse Ron Paul, but greatly respect his efforts with Unity08 and would not expect him to jump ship from those guys. Of course, given the unique nature of what he's asking for at Unity08, would an endorsement of Paul *really* be jumping ship from those good folks? Hard to say. And I have no idea how to contact him.

user
12-17-2007, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure what Waterston's political views are, other than that he's sick of politics as usual.

GunnyFreedom
12-17-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure what Waterston's political views are, other than that he's sick of politics as usual.

Well, at THIS point, that should be friggin ENOUGH. (sorry) :mad: