PDA

View Full Version : Paul: Some in D.C. hoping for terror attack to blame him

PatriotOne
05-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Paul: Some in D.C. hoping for terror attack to blame him

By Alex Byers
| 5/31/15 9:11 PM EDT

Sen. Rand Paul said Sunday evening that some people in Washington are “secretly” hoping for a terrorist attack to hit the U.S. to make him look bad.

In a speech on the Senate floor, Paul railed against those accusing him of jeopardizing national security by stalling efforts to renew surveillance programs.

“People here in town think I’m making a huge mistake,” Paul said. “Some of them I think secretly want there to be an attack on the United States so they can blame it on me.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/paul-some-in-dc-hoping-for-terror-attack-to-blame-him-118474.html#ixzz3bmAASx5X

anaconda
05-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Good for Rand to get out in front on this. I now fear a false flag by the establishment. Right after a couple of debates.

garyallen59
05-31-2015, 09:23 PM
Those comments aren't good.

He probably shouldn't have said that.

But it probably won't matter in the long run.

donnay
05-31-2015, 09:31 PM
I am glad Rand said it on the record. I wouldn't put it past these bastards so they can point fingers at Rand and anyone not willing to give up liberty for security.

hells_unicorn
05-31-2015, 09:34 PM
Normally I'd be concerned over Rand talking openly about Neocons openly hoping for a terror attack because of how it would be perceived. However, given how bat-shit insane McCain and several others have been behaving, it's impossible for anyone with common sense not to speculate on their motives to this exact end.

Even if this ends up destroying Rand's presidential prospects (I don't think it will), this debate needed to happen, and history will remember him a lot better than his enemies.

timosman
05-31-2015, 09:41 PM
Rand needs to start talking to FBI directly. If I become the president of this country and find out one of you were planning false flag or "not acting on information you already had" I will be very upset. And you do not want to see me very upset.

Sola_Fide
05-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Keep your eyes out the next few days...

thoughtomator
05-31-2015, 10:35 PM
Normally I'd be concerned over Rand talking openly about Neocons openly hoping for a terror attack because of how it would be perceived. However, given how bat-shit insane McCain and several others have been behaving, it's impossible for anyone with common sense not to speculate on their motives to this exact end.

Remember Gingrich saying - during his Presidential campaign, no less - that it would be a good idea for the government to do a false-flag attack to convince people to get behind anti-terrorism laws?

donnay
06-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Rand Paul: My Opponents ‘Secretly Want’ Terror Attack ‘So They Can Blame It On Me’ [VIDEO]

One of the people in the media the other day came up to me and said, “oh, when there’s a great attack aren’t you going to feel guilty that you caused this great attack?”

(...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=t9c0rbVqrss

Continued... (http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-my-opponents-secretly-want-terror-attack-so-they-can-blame-it-on-me-video/)

jbauer
06-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Good for Rand to get out in front on this. I now fear a false flag by the establishment. Right after a couple of debates.

Been saying this for a couple weeks, that if they got the Patriot act even for a couple hours we should expect some sort of false flag or even a false flase flag like "breaking up a terrorist cell" in DC or Chicago or something.

pulp8721
06-01-2015, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuXEmkEIcT4

Mr.NoSmile
06-01-2015, 08:26 AM
And then he tried to clarify...

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul on Monday walked back his comments that some in Washington might be “secretly” hoping for a terrorist attack with the expiration of provisions of the PATRIOT Act, saying in an interview on Fox News that “hyperbole can get the better of anyone,” and that was what happened on the Senate floor on Sunday.

“I think, sometimes, in the heat of battle, hyperbole can get the better of anyone, and that may be the problem there. The point I was trying to make is that I think people do use fear to try to get us to give up our liberty,” the presidential candidate said Monday morning. “This was the whole thing that Benjamin Franklin debated, whether or not we should trade our liberty for security and sometimes get neither.”

Then make that point the first time...

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/rand-paul-walks-back-secretly-hoping-terrorist-attack-118488.html

acptulsa
06-01-2015, 08:31 AM
That was just a vaccine. They don't dare try it now that he has said that out loud.

It's also a good back-door method to help people wrap their heads around what really happened on 9/11...

alucard13mm
06-01-2015, 08:47 AM
This is what I think will happen if Rand or if Ron became president... major false flag attack.

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Then make that point the first time...

Have you never been in an argument where you later reflect that you may have said some things that you shouldn't have? or should have said things differently? Rand is a person just like anyone else, can't expect him to be perfect with everything, especially in that situation where every other Senator is against him. Rand wasn't reading from any pre-written material here aside from occasionally looking at an article or two for specifics, he was spilling out what came to mind at the time, and was pretty impressive. It's unfortunate for Rand that he is the odd man out, the Neocons get away with saying a whole bunch of BS, but the media is always ready and waiting to pounce on anything from Rand that may differ from the script.

JK/SEA
06-01-2015, 09:17 AM
good move on Rands part. That which is heard, cannot be un-heard. Walking it back is a tactic to deflect, but nevertheless...WE all heard it, and IF an attack occurs, WE can all quote Rand on his concerns becoming a reality.

Mr.NoSmile
06-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Have you never been in an argument where you later reflect that you may have said some things that you shouldn't have? or should have said things differently? Rand is a person just like anyone else, can't expect him to be perfect with everything, especially in that situation where every other Senator is against him. Rand wasn't reading from any pre-written material here aside from occasionally looking at an article or two for specifics, he was spilling out what came to mind at the time, and was pretty impressive. It's unfortunate for Rand that he is the odd man out, the Neocons get away with saying a whole bunch of BS, but the media is always ready and waiting to pounce on anything from Rand that may differ from the script.

What argument I've been in is irrelevant. The point is this can and will be easily spun as Paul flip-flopping. We shouldn't cut him any more slack than we would any other politician just because he's the one we want.

specsaregood
06-01-2015, 09:29 AM
This is what I think will happen if Rand or if Ron became president... major false flag attack.

boogity boogity!

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 09:34 AM
What argument I've been in is irrelevant. The point is this can and will be easily spun as Paul flip-flopping. We shouldn't cut him any more slack than we would any other politician just because he's the one we want.

I'm not cutting him slack as a politician, I'm cutting him slack as a person who will from time to time not say or phrase things as well as he could have upon reflection. I see Rand as a lot like me, when emotions are high some become willing to really go out there and perhaps say things (whether he actually believes it idk, but I'm sure he does at some level for him to say it to begin with) that some would have wished weren't said to begin with. I think reflecting upon how one acts in their own arguments is entirely relevant as it helps better understand where the person is coming from when they are in that moment/mindset. Again, Rand is a person just like anyone else, thinking he will be Mr. Perfect and being able to phrase everything the right way in that situation isn't being reasonable.

Rand after the fact made the judgement that this specific comment wasn't his best, so he is back tracking a bit. I say good, I would rather him go to the media and be able to talk about actual spying than be bogged down discussing what he thinks are the desires of others.

specsaregood
06-01-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm not cutting him slack as a politician, I'm cutting him slack as a person who will from time to time not say or phrase things as well as he could have upon reflection. I see Rand as a lot like me, when emotions are high some become willing to really go out there and perhaps say things (whether he actually believes it idk, but I'm sure he does at some level for him to say it to begin with) that some would have wished weren't said to begin with.

Let's not forget that what he said is absolutely true. And made obvious to him by comments from fellow senators and "reporters" questions.

libertyplz
06-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Let's not forget that what he said is absolutely true. And made obvious to him by comments from fellow senators and "reporters" questions.

Oh I agree, I think there are some that wish it, but I think Rand is right in backtracking it a bit. He is not going to win in the media with sticking with it, not with a media that propagates all the BS to begin with and one that wants to tear down Rand.

specsaregood
06-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Oh I agree, I think there are some that wish it, but I think Rand is right in backtracking it a bit. He is not going to win in the media with sticking with it, not with a media that propagates all the BS to begin with and one that wants to tear down Rand.

Oh, I see the media nitpicking him over it; and I think its fine if he walks it back a bit calling it hyperbole. But at the same time; I have no problem with the media attacking him over it. Why? Because I think the public knows its true as well.