PDA

View Full Version : We need the elderly in Iowa

trojansc82
05-31-2015, 12:04 PM
So Iowa is basically going to come down to who takes the largest percentage of elderly Iowa voters.

I have come up with a few ideas to improve the chances of Rand winning in Iowa.

Here are just a few ideas:

People need to visit retirement homes and other areas where the elderly are likely to be.

I've also found a location where seniors gather in Davenport :

http://www.casiseniors.org/

Another location that promotes events for seniors in Story county:

https://www.heartlandseniorservices.com/

I could go on and on....you get the idea.

This is the sort of thing that people need to be doing NOW that live in Iowa. You have approximately six months if you want him to win, and you can bet that the majority of the elderly have no contact with others that support Rand. Most of them support Walker. If people don't get out there to promote Rand within this demographic, he's not going to win. Iowa is one of the oldest states, so their support is critical.

acptulsa
05-31-2015, 12:06 PM
Just the fact that someone who supports Rand Paul came to see them is enough to get the votes of most of them.

Jan2017
05-31-2015, 12:27 PM
So Iowa . . . who takes the largest percentage of elderly Iowa voters.

-

I always like to joke politics in grocery lines, elders sometimes around but I am not sure that is the only strategy - appeal to elders.
For Ames they have to actually go to the event (i.e Romney busses from nursing homes in Council Bluffs to Ames)
and for the caucus night they must go to the evening caucus to vote.

Really, I think we can also ask who is gonna be the musical entertainment for Ames . . . ?
People come and then vote.
(Michelle Bachman went with country star and dressed in her heels on stage -
took alot of criticism for looking so trashy - won the Ames poll, but no farther of course.)

Ron Paul won Iowa delegates in the GOP National Convention (21 - 1) over Romney
(Iowa caucus results do not bind any delegates for first ballot at convention, like the primary states)

enhanced_deficit
05-31-2015, 02:14 PM
Talk about Obama, tie Cruz, Rubio, Jeb and whoever else can be to Obama. It's a winning formula for Iowa and other swing states.
There is a news out there that war mongering neocon recently hosts Obama for golf has endorsed Rubio. Cruz like to play in same laps too.

New Polls Show Obama's Approval Rating Dropping, Clintonwhotv.com/.../new-polls-show-obamas-approval-rating-droppi...

Apr 13, 2015 - New Polls Show Obama's Approval Rating Dropping, Clinton with ... 56 percent of Iowa voters disapprove of the job president Obama is doing.

"By margins of 24 points or higher, voters say they want the next president to change direction and not follow President Obama's policies. Whether that desire for a new direction will hurt the eventual Democratic nominee in 2016, time will tell," Brown said.