PDA

View Full Version : On Lindsey Graham's Turf, Rand Paul Begins Patriot Act Endgame

jct74
05-30-2015, 07:03 PM
On Lindsey Graham's Turf, Rand Paul Begins Patriot Act Endgame
The senator rallies across South Carolina and pledges to block the law.

by David Weigel
May 30, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

“Anybody here love liberty?” asked Rand Paul, eliciting a lusty cheer from around the bar.

At least 200 people in Greenville, S.C. had crammed into Friday's edition of “Pints for Liberty,” billed as a “free market happy hour” that had never before had a presidential candidate stop by. It had taken the Kentucky senator 10 minutes to work past the bar, through fans wearing T-shirts with his face on them, onto a stage where he could rally against the U.S. spying programs.

Paul continued his call-and-response: “Anybody here love their privacy? Anybody think the Patriot Act ought to go?”

More cheering filled the room. One Paul fan waved a homemade sign, reading “The NSA should protect us, not hack us.”

“We will have a debate Sunday night,” said Paul, casting ahead to Sunday's unusual session in the U.S. Senate planned to debate the surveillance programs hours before they are due to expire. “It is uncertain what the outcome will be, but I can tell you for sure what my position will be. I'm gonna do anything and everything to make the Patriot Act go away.”

read more:
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-30/on-lindsey-graham-s-turf-rand-paul-begins-patriot-act-endgame

afwjam
05-30-2015, 07:33 PM
For some reason I now picture Lindsey in a flaming pink geo rolling his eyes.

francisco
05-31-2015, 01:19 AM
For some reason I now picture Lindsey in a flaming pink geo rolling his eyes.

That's funny, in my mind's eye he's in a tutu, doing a pirouette

timosman
05-31-2015, 01:27 AM
That's funny, in my mind's eye he's in a tutu, doing a pirouette

Because 200 people have seen Rand speak ? Does the campaign know what the internet is ?

Matt Collins
05-31-2015, 07:13 AM
I was there, it was a fun time.