PDA

View Full Version : Gallup Poll: More Americans identify as Pro-Choice...and oppose abortions.

EBounding
05-29-2015, 11:20 AM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/183434/americans-choose-pro-choice-first-time-seven-years.aspx

50% of Americans identify as pro-choice:

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/lvpscaisx0-1lofvujngwa.png

55% of Americans also support restricting abortion in most circumstances:

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/kumnfvvm1eydfzllqmittw.png

enhanced_deficit
05-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Fooled by litlle verbal tricking.

But then these are same opinionators who elected swc bush and disgraced dronegangsta.

Zippyjuan
05-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Less than 20% said it should be completely illegal.

Wilf
05-29-2015, 09:04 PM
I wonder how many Americans whould support goverment funded abortions

alucard13mm
05-30-2015, 01:08 AM
I find it interesting that Women can undergo an abortion to kill her unwanted child and she gets a pat on the back. A man wants to ignore his child and want nothing to do with it... he is a dead beat and can get jailed for it.

RonPaulIsGreat
05-30-2015, 02:39 AM
I find it interesting that Women can undergo an abortion to kill her unwanted child and she gets a pat on the back. A man wants to ignore his child and want nothing to do with it... he is a dead beat and can get jailed for it.

I think both are terrible.

GunnyFreedom
05-30-2015, 03:12 AM
LOL who are the 4% of pro-choicers who said abortion should be illegal in all circumstances, and the 4% of pro-lifers who said abortion should be legal in all circumstances???

This indicates to me that 4% of any major group may be dumber than a sack of hammers.

Origanalist
05-30-2015, 10:12 AM
LOL who are the 4% of pro-choicers who said abortion should be illegal in all circumstances, and the 4% of pro-lifers who said abortion should be legal in all circumstances???

This indicates to me that 4% of any major group may be dumber than a sack of hammers.

I think that estimate might be a bit conservative.

Aspie Minarcho-Capitalist
05-30-2015, 11:49 AM
I was completely pro-choice until I discovered that the rationale for such abortions was a LOT more than just rape, incest, health problems with the fetus or woman's health and EXTREME financial instabilities (These are the few circumstances where it should be legal). What's worse to point out is that selective gendercide is still very much legal in the United Kingdom.

Many people seem to self-contradict their pro-choice and pro-life stances more than ever as the generations go by, especially regarding the 4% of "pro-choicers" who think it should be illegal in all circumstances and the 4% of "pro-lifers" who think it should be legal in all circumstances.

specsaregood
05-30-2015, 12:05 PM
./

Ronin Truth
05-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Pro-Choice = Pro-abortion, historically. 50+ millions and counting since Roe V. Wade. :( :mad:

Zippyjuan
05-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Should the government be telling people what they can and can't do?

Danke
05-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Should the government be telling people what they can and can't do?

Probably not for victimless "crimes."

DamianTV
05-30-2015, 01:36 PM
I think the whole Pro Choice thing is becoming dominant because on some level, people are recognizing that Society does not own any womans body, thus, can not dictate what they can and can not do with their own bodies as they see fit. Even if what they choose to do to their bodies is considered to be "wrong", they are starting to think that group justice is beyond the scope of their authority. Probably a side effect of the strong push to make pot legal, where the conclusion that is drawn is "I own my own body and your authority ends where my individual rights begin". Admittedly this is a helluva stretch.